Thread: Wipeout HD Freezing @ Menu screen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rossriders_86

Default Wipeout HD Freezing @ Menu screen

I was hoping once I showed up for the first time in...Forever it would actually be in regards to something like...new Fan-art or something more positive...

But That isn't the case...I've already searched around the forums for identical questions but could not really find something close to my current problem.

That problem being when I try to start WipEout HD, it freezes at the main menu. The music keeps playing but the game freezes, it's happened once or twice but I suspect it's been that was because I'm stuck with a younger sibling who keeps turning off the system without doing a proper shutdown.

So I have to sit through a system restore...I'm suspecting he's even turned it off during that with ZERO regard because...that's how he is (*growls*)

So...I'm asking for what I could/should do.

I've considered deleting it, and re-installing but but I'm wanting to be sure on how to go about that since A - I want to keep the saves and 2, I want a situation where I can still keep getting trophies since there's plenty I've yet to get.

...-sighs-...

I FINALLY get a replacement controller and wanted to play and then this happened...on top of...things going on as of late, to say I'm displeased would be an understatement.

So...can anyone please help?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

First thing to try is a simple restore of the file system, it doesn't delete anything, if it works, good, if it doesn't then the next thing you want to try is to backup all your music/ videos/photos to an external drive and then delete them all on the PS3, i've noticed that having a lot of media on the PS3 makes Wipeout HD micro freeze and crash a lot more often
    If that doesn't work either, your last easy option is to rebuild the database, this will delete all your messages and playlists, but might help when restoring the file system didn't
    If even that faila, you have 2 more options, create a backup and restore (which could just bring you back to square zero because the problem was also in the backup, or backup the wipeout savedata (and other games) and do a full format

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

what definitively will help is format the hdd. the ps3 will act like it's brand new after the process. super fast and everything. had to do it recently after replacing my hdd. 1tb7200rpm now. the only negative with this is, you'll lose all the data and must re-download / re-install everything. the wipeout hd save cannot be copied and used on a fresh system. only option to 'save' your savegame is psplus unfortunately

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

If all else fails, you can just buy a fresh PS3.