Thread: Table Top Racing: World Tour (and what next?)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Z-U

Default Table Top Racing: World Tour (and what next?)

Hey there Wipeout people - just thought I'd give you a quick update...(coming for PS4, PC Steam, XBO)

Table Top Racing: World Tour is almost done and there's a great preview here....

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/n...ad-a-Baby.html

...but what I'm really thinking about is "what next?" and a VR Wipeout-style game is VERY appealing to me right now - so much you can do with that experience...
    ...would you want something like that to go Early Access, cross-platform play and would you trust Playrise Digital in making it? I don't think I'd want to do kickstarter...Let me know your thoughts.

Nick
    Last edited by Nick Burcombe; 22nd March 2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: better title needed

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

yes...

I honestly don't care about early access, just yes!

(would be nice if it did have a mode that didn't require VR too though for those people who get headaches from such things)

PSN ID
    Z-U

of course. It would never be a requirement if we were funding it ourselves.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

I have complete confidence in your ability to make a smashing game. speaking only for myself of course but, I would wager a guess that most people here would agree with me.

And would love to see/play it.

What if Playrise Digital got backing from Sony to make a new WipEout?

No? Ok...

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Absolutely! I can imagine it working very well with VR if fast paced games like Thumper are anything to go by

Are you going to be at EGX Rezzed? If so, I'll chat to you then if I catch you

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burcombe View Post
    Hey there Wipeout people - just thought I'd give you a quick update...(coming for PS4, PC Steam, XBO)

Table Top Racing: World Tour is almost done and there's a great preview here....

...but what I'm really thinking about is "what next?" and a VR Wipeout-style game is VERY appealing to me right now - so much you can do with that experience...
    ...would you want something like that to go Early Access, cross-platform play and would you trust Playrise Digital in making it? I don't think I'd want to do kickstarter...Let me know your thoughts.

Nick
    WAIIIIT... did you say wipeout? style?

Please (i know you must have some sketches anything) share the beans with us!!! NAO

( a fan since 95 )

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Good news if you're a PS+ subscriber. TTR is released next week and will be in your free games library

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...cing-and-more/

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I downloaded this last night on my PS4 as it's a free +plus game this month.

Great fun, recommended .... I had thought it was going to be like the old Micro Machines game, which the tracks are graphically similar, but the racing is a whole lot better as it's not Top Down like Micro Machines was, rather addictive, and not as easy as you might think, although I suppose most Wipeout fans could get to grips with it pretty quick..... plus there is online multiplayer.

It's got a full Trophy list as well, so if you are a Trophy hunter looking for a new Platinum, here's a good candidate

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burcombe View Post

Nick
    Hi Nick,

I enjoy TTR for what it is but find it frankly a little unambitious. I've only played a couple hours and like it but would love a WipEout-esque game, or even an actual WipEout if you can get Sony to licence it out

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

When you get into the latter races, it gets quite challenging, especially those bloody Drift events.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Maybe we can start designing TTR/Micro Machines style teams, weapons and/or tracks for BNG/SSGX, with the weapons and teams being exclusive to the tracks. I'd play it.

I wonder... do you think the recent influx of AG Racing Games is going to get Sony's attention?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

We could only hope.
    If they have stealthy asked a independent to make a WO game, I think the gaming industry is so fractured into smaller independent studios currently, that news of anybody working on it would have been picked up and exposed by those in the know.
    If only for the reasons the other gaming houses would be asking, "How are they surviving without putting any product out" ?
    News would have surely leaked by now.

Timezone
    GMT -3
    PSN ID
    BrunoGatts

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    Maybe we can start designing TTR/Micro Machines style teams, weapons and/or tracks for BNG/SSGX, with the weapons and teams being exclusive to the tracks. I'd play it.
    Erm... Honestly I dunno if it would fit... Probably not?

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    I wonder... do you think the recent influx of AG Racing Games is going to get Sony's attention?
    With the advent of WipEout Omega Collection? Maybe. But that'd be too much hope.