Thread: any news on this coming to ps4?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    a-m-j-w

Default any news on this coming to ps4?

surely i can't be the only one here who wishes this game would come to ps4.

and surely it couldn't be very difficult (if at all) to port it there.

so does anyone know why it isn't being done? (outside of SL being shut down)

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Chances are next to zero, porting a game really isn't as easy as you think. The Vita and PS4 have very different architectures, and porting would be an incredibly time consuming process without the original team there. Unless Sony could be guaranteed that it would be financially worth their while to do so, there's no way they'd assign so many resources to it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Weren’t there (unofficial) plans to at least consider a port to PS3 at the time?
    Well, Pulse got ported to PS2 many years later by another studio and they even cared to overhaul textures. So, maybe Sony milks the cash cow to make a quick buck as the PS3 turns older.

But, yeah, anyway, I’m with Charlie on this one. Chances are next to zero. WipEout is dead after all

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I don't think WipEout is completely dead, but, rather, in a long slumber.

I still have faith it'll wake up someday.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    Lightbuster88

Unless Wipeout makes a showing at the next E3 or some big gaming convention with proper financial backing and a great team, doubtful it'll come to the PS4.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    CJ4717

Definitely hoping Sony picks it up again. It was one of the franchises that even gave the original PlayStation all that attention. It was the hot new thing back then, with dark techno/electro music and awesome, unique and futuristic designs. But now it's been dominated by action adventure type games. So I'm pretty sure they're worried about how it'll sell since it's a niche in an already increasingly unpopular genre. Sony needs to do some research into how to reintroduce a classic franchise, how to market it, and how to sell it well.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Divide View Post
    I don't think WipEout is completely dead, but, rather, in a long slumber.

I still have faith it'll wake up someday.
    So far I'm pretty damn well impressed with Slipstream, Ballistic and Formula Fusion.. Hadn't played any of them but they look pretty spot on in terms of signature Wipeout.. I wouldn't get caught too much on names, AG Racing seems to be still thriving.. I just need to be able to afford a damn PC someday.. Great work guys!!!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    So far I'm pretty damn well impressed with Slipstream, Ballistic and Formula Fusion.. Hadn't played any of them but they look pretty spot on in terms of signature Wipeout.. I wouldn't get caught too much on names, AG Racing seems to be still thriving.. I just need to be able to afford a damn PC someday.. Great work guys!!!
    Don't get me wrong! I'm happy about all the community driven games, too. But a new official WipEout game from a spirited developer could be something special, too.