Thread: Next track coming to steam: Niagara gp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -8

Default Next track coming to steam: Niagara gp

This should have been posted to WOZ simultaneously with Facebook and Steam and our own Formula Fusion forum.

NEXT TRACK COMING TO STEAM: NIAGARA GP.
    Length 12.75 Km.
    Description: A fast track with gentle flowing straights and sweeping bends. Easy to navigate but hard to master.
    Features: Surface water and spray.
    Background: The Great Tsunami of 2030 decimated the area around the Niagara Delta and in its wake nature reclaimed the lands back as it's own. The main visual theme of Niagara GP is over-grown moss-stained ruined buildings, lush unkempt vegetation, flood damage and fast flowing water.

We will post up a shot each (working) day until delivery...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

Looks snazzy. Though I'm a little confused over speed class in FF. The New York demo featured race craft moving at subsonic speeds and the track was designed around that. If FF is to feature a higher speed class that is "well beyond the speed of sound" Will certain tracks be unplayable at the highest speed class? Are tracks speed class specific?

Anyways this circuit looks great, I can tell R8 are really moving along and improving the game just based on the screen shots.

PSN ID
    DIXI200

Congratulations are producing a great game

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Great to hear that something new to test will soon be in my hot sweaty hands [it is hot here, and I'm suffering LOL]

One would suspect from the screen shot's [especially 3] that the track goes under the waterfall...this brings back memories of WO Fusion.

One request, please ask that track grip stays the same on all tracks.....Fusion made the mistake of changing the handling of the craft when hovering over dirt tracks, and again when hovering over ICE, the craft slide sideways on both, more so on the ICE tracks...which didn't make sense, but they did it anyway.
    Few if any liked it [I imagine the outcry would have been a lot worse if Fusion was actually able to be played online], and if playing online today, such a variable would be intolerable [trying to nip things in the bud just in case they are thinking of making a unwanted appearance and you get people complaining that having those sort of physics ruin race competitiveness ...that's what we are here for ]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I kinda liked that

But then again, I also respect that game more than others might do

I never understood (or liked) that we kept that in WO Fusion..... and I worked on it

I understood the design process that got there, but its not something I'd have stuck with once it was tried out.

WO Fusion was definitely the experimental '3rd album' albeit the 4th game

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    il_mago_di_Doz

Quote Originally Posted by purdisc View Post
    This should have been posted to WOZ simultaneously with Facebook and Steam and our own Formula Fusion forum.
    Yeah, it's a shame that somebody forgot to post them on Steam and on R8Games """official""" forum...
    The pictures looks great tho

Timezone
    GMT -8

Default recap of all Facebook posts to date

Hi all

As a recap here all the in game WIP images from our upcoming Niagara track that we've posted on Facebook and Steam E.A to date.
    http://imgur.com/a/vn8lh

Expect another one tomorrow and the next day and the next day etc etc until we release a new build on Steam E.A. We’re not going to put a date on this but it should be very soon. We thank you all for your patience.

Best

Purdisc

Timezone
    GMT -8

Last edited by purdisc; 9th February 2016 at 11:26 PM. Reason: added image