Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BallisticNG - Screenshots (large images)

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Default BallisticNG - Screenshots (large images)

This thread is for posting screenshots in, this is primarily for myself and Dreadofmondays to post what we're working on but if you've got any screenshots you want to post then feel free!
    To get started, here's what I'm currently working on as of creating this post. A WIP image of Ishtar Citadel:

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Oooh, I LIKE that!

It has a feel (to me) similar to the remade tracks from W3SE. I dig it.

Also, I have to say congrats on getting your own forum section here at WZ! It's a small thing, but it shows some due recognition! Well done!

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

^This. I'm liking the look of this. Ishtar is looking practically done already.
    I'm guessing only a few changes to make until it's working?
    And I've gotta ask about the inspiration for the name... Destiny's Vex Citadel in the Ishtar Sink, by any chance?

As it's B-NG related screenshots, here's the very first few tweaks to Caliburn for an HD concept.
    Still using Sketchup (it's what I know best xD) and still very minor changes so far, but hopefully it'll come to something the more I chip away at the low-poly surface.
    Caliburn_HD.pngCaliburn_HD_2.png

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thane Corrigan: Keep up your work, I really would like to see it in HD style. And what's that peaking behind that Calibrun in that 2nd image? Yeah, and you really should start modeling in Blender (at least), Shketchup is really useless for this kind of stuff. Don't take it bad, just don't be afraid, it will be worth it, you'll see (but only if you try).

That actually looks pretty cool!

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

Thane that's looking really good, can't wait to see the finished version! Like Meg.A.Byte said you should really learn Blender (or something like Maya or 3DS Max) at some point, the workflow of those applications are much more suited to what you're doing

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Corrigan View Post
    Ishtar is looking practically done already.
    You can play it right now if you want to give it a run, download to a new build is on the release thread (not announcing it properly just yet because I'm updating it over the next few days).
    Last edited by bigsnake; 20th January 2016 at 04:19 PM.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Alright, you got me That's actually a Feisar in the back, used for inspiration. Hidden elsewhere (off-screen) is a Qirex and Piranha.

I do have Blender installed, although I don't use it much because I have some trouble figuring out the interface.
    I just find Sketchup a little easier to use for precision stuff, and then regret it later on xD

PSN ID
    bigsnake009

You've inspired me to start working on HD versions of Xpand's other ships. Currently working on Tenrai, here's what I've got so far:

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

That's fantastic! Looks like you have the idea down perfectly. Particularly liking the engine grooves and the underside of the nose.

I'm not exactly sure how to tackle the underside of the twin nose-cone of my own one. There's only instances of pure single, dual or tri-hull designs in HD. So I'm finding the fusion a difficult design to work around, but the challenge is there

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Guys, don't make me remade the Hyperion I've already have one unfinished project. And the HD Tenrai looks goood! As Thane said, I love those engine grooves.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

So how's it going with HD remakes? Especially with Caliburn. I've seen bigsnake's clay model on youtube and it looks really good.
    I've started working on the Hyperion as well, but it will be more like HD Fury remake. But it's going so slow, I just don't know how to model things without knowing how they look like I have to make up things in process and it's slowing me down. And it also really frustrates me.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Oh, I'm working on the nose section right now, not too much progress since last time though so far, the shape is hard to get right.

I'm having the same problem Mega, it's quite tough to get the right inspiration xD

EDIT: I have no idea how to work the image attachments when they play up. Here's direct links to the images.
    Pic #3
    Pic #4
    Pic #5
    Pic #6
    Last edited by Thane Corrigan; 22nd January 2016 at 11:55 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

The attachments are not working Just paste URL of images, this is "large images" thread so it should be fine.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

@Thane: Nice, I like the front part, the fins especially. And may I have a little question, does Sketchup have some kind of render engine?
    I basically have the cockpit done, it's been pretty difficult to make, horrible topology on that one, but I'm still pretty pleased with it. It's better than the original Hyperion or maybe even the models from game.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

From the looks of things, the only rendering engines available for SketchUp are 3rd party plug-ins.

To be perfectly honest though, it's not a feature I would use in SketchUp, considering I only build in there and then export the models to Blender for any flashy visual purposes.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Finally some posts, I thought everyone is dead
    @Thane: Oh I see, good thing you use the Blender for something. I don't know if it's comptatible, but I heard Vray is good. But I don't really know because I've never used it.

Here's my progress so you can have at least some image of it.

Direct link if it's not working: http://imgur.com/a/V3LcG

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, I just leave this here...

Timezone
    GMT -6

Sweet tail-lights!

I always wondered why AG Racers didn't have any practical exterior lighting, it would make navigating dark areas much easier.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

So small update. Very small update.
    I was out for most of the weekend, but I'm back now, and I've gotten started with the plating further back.

The slow angle-changing tri's that I've noticed on the Feisar and EG.X are amazingly effective, for the longest time I've had brainfart moments and not been able to figure out how to pull off this pretty simple method xD
    So, my to do list:
    - Flesh out how the side pods, wings and engine mesh together.
    - Come up with a decent underside for the nose and main body.
    - Finishing touches.
    Gotta say it's going quite slow, but I think I'm focusing too much on the details too early on maybe.

I've also noticed something quite nice. The view out of the cockpit is actually pretty clear all-round.

The nose attachments aren't intrusive to the view, although it has slight blind spots with the metal frame (in hindsight, Caliburn could do with one of those reinforced curved windows to clear up those blindspots xD)...
    If I'm honest, I would be quite happy inside this pilot seat.

Main ship display to be redesigned later. I admit it's a placeholder from one of the W-HD ships, but it feels a little obscured anyway right now.
    Last edited by Thane Corrigan; 24th January 2016 at 03:10 PM.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Guys... I think I've been spending way too much time on this... what is my life?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

That's the way I like it! To the details we go! I guess you understand what I feel when I'm modeling stuff that's not exactly vital to the design or is visible on the exterior. By that I mean the Antigravity device or jet engine (little promo, it's on Sketchfab now, check it out: https://sketchfab.com/models/2608a20...146e2375feff83 ).

Keep up the good work.

@Amaroq Dricaldari: Thanks man. I'm planning to add the front lights as well, some interesting design. And for the lighting in general, there is some on the HD Fury ship (at least), but only in form of glowing polygon somewhere in front of the ship. I want to take more complex approach than that.
    Last edited by Meg.A.Byte; 24th January 2016 at 11:39 PM. Reason: little typo