Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout (the music) - rare stuff?

well, would it look good if we took a logo picture to one of those local "make your own shirt" places, or would the logo have to be really big or something, cuz im thinking a white shirt with an AG-Systems logo or a white shirt with the original wipeout logo, just like the one in the ad.

Well take a look at this picture

I think this is really rare stuff, a Wip3out CD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

8O There it is!
    Is it the CD that was only available in a magazine?

And because somebody talk about a t-shirt, here is a picture of an official Wipeout t-shirt
    Back
    Front

How lucky I am.... :

Edit by mod: Images too big, changed to link, please read the forum guidelines. Nifty shirt, BTW. 8 )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

definately the wrong thread but man, that is ... that is... awesome 8O Wanna have them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn
    8O There it is!
    Is it the CD that was only available in a magazine?
    yes it is, I have the Wipeout album mentioned at the top of the thread, the Wipeout 2097 album and the one from above piccy. It's a pity they didnt do an album of Wipeout 64, because the music on that was really, really good!!

On a side note about tracks, I also managed to snag MP3's of every track from wipeout pure as well

Default CDs 4 Sale

Alright, for any of you that are STILL interested in this thread (even though it's been over 5 years) I managed to find a place with a few of these "Wipeout The Music" CDs. Yup, it's our very own Amazon UK. I managed to order one, and I got it in mint condition. (I thought it was going to be a mistake and I was going to get the Wipeout game itself) but it's the actual CD. The link is below if you want to check it out......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000AW3M

"this thread (even though it's been over 5 years) "

3 years.

I couldn't resist pointing out the inaccuracy [typo?]. Sorry about that. I was hoping that it would be a new record for resurrecting an old thread.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

For reference, here's the all-time record for necroposting.

[/offtopic]

Default fhvbfgjfgf

First post: 12th August 2003, 01:38 PM

Sorry mate, I think I worded it wrong, what I meant was 5 years since it started, not 5 years since the last post.

Well, it's the gap between last and next that counts. Man, I thought we might have a new one.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well someone could always go ahead and post in the first thread ever made in these forums. That would be the absolute oldest I believe.

But that would be a fake record made just for the purpose of being a record; if a record is made, it should be for the reason that someone was genuinely interested in the topic and wanted to comment.

I despise the idiots who make up some artificial task just in order to be mentioned in the Guinness Book of World Records. Immortalised for being a pointless wanker. Wheeeeeee.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Hey. I take pride in my record for "World's Longest Burp Held Whilst Driving A Daihatsu Lowrider Pickup Truck Playing Journey's 'Don't Stop Believin' At Full Blast Down Interstate 65 South, en route to a Wal-Mart Supercentre in Birmingham."*

*not really.

You know, I wonder why NTSC players never got those three music tracks that were PAL-exclusive.

It's because when they were developing the game, they figured it wasn't worth it to pay the licensing fee for the tracks because Americans don't like dance music

=P

Not only that, but there are 3 other tracks on the Sega Saturn version of the game by Rob Lord & Mark Bandola. Personally I’ve never heard them before, I don't have the Saturn version, but they must be pretty good to be involved with wipeout.

(And in other news, CoLD SToRAGE has just released a mini-album on his website that apparently contains a song that was originally supposed to be in the first WipEout, that too I would like to check out.)
    Last edited by Lance; 11th November 2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated. Read the guidelines, please.

the saturn version of 2097 also had some exclusive cold storage most people haven't heard. a good remix of body in motion, called body plus, which is slow and builds into the familiar tune. and a good track called hakapik murder...i think. very cool for fans of tim's music.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post
    the saturn version of 2097 also had some exclusive cold storage most people haven't heard. a good remix of body in motion, called body plus, which is slow and builds into the familiar tune. and a good track called hakapik murder...i think. very cool for fans of tim's music.
    Yes, they were also included in the PC version of them game. But they're not that rare I’m afraid, they're available for free on Tim’s website if you wanna download them:

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html

(Oh, and I forgot to mention, Rob Lord & Mark Bandola are the people behind "PC Music", the same people that composed some songs for Wipeout 64)

Timezone
    GMT -8

As a big fan of the music of the Wipe'Out" series like many of you, I recently purchased from ebay UK a copy of Wipe'Out" European PAL Sega Saturn for the exclusive music tracks "Brickbat", "Planet 9" and "Poison" by PC Music.

The disc is in great condition but I noticed a couple digital audio dropouts while listening to "Planet 9" (dropouts @1:00, 3:24) and "Poison" (slight dropout @ 3:33). Can anyone confirm if these dropouts are on any other copies of the Sega Saturn Version or do I just have a bum disc?

Thanks for the help W'O" music fans!

Hmm, I don't remember hearing anything like that when I listened to them, but let me just say that I'm not a fan of those tracks lol. After a while of hunting and finally finding them, I listened to them and they didn't sound like anything I expected, so I was kinda let down =/

But anyway, back to the sound problem....

Here's an ISO of the original game with the extra songs. Burn it or mount it and play it in a CD player or something and see if you experience the same problems. Since you actually bought the game (which I think everyone on this forum has anyways in some version or another lol) I don't think it would be illegal to compare this to yours.

ftp://89.149.202.120/Sega%20Saturn/W...U)(Saturn).zip

if the direct link doesn't work try this:

http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/439/...ipeout_(U).php
    Last edited by Lance; 7th April 2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the WZ guidelines in the Announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Thank you so much for your leads! However, I have not been able to get the image to make available any recognizable audio files. I've explored the emu technique as well as burning an iso to disc but it really boils down to I don't know what I'm doing

I'll try to be more specific as to the audio defects I can hear:

"Planet 9" - At 1:00 into the song, there is a sudden burst of noise like "static", on the left channel only. It is only momentary (1/10th second or so) and it is clearly a defect and not part of the song's composition. At 3:24, another slightly shorter and slightly quieter burst of noise occurs, again, left channel only. The music does not skip or change time at either occurrence.

"Poison" - at 3:33, there is a slight low-frequency blip (you guessed it - left channel only) and is barely even worth mentioning. I can barely hear it with headphones and I would no doubt have not even noticed were it not for the more obvious dropouts on "Planet 9" that caused me to carefully QC the exclusive PC Music tracks for which I purchased the game disc.

Sorry to be such a QC nerd here. I've been on a mission to collect as much Wipe'Out" music as I can get hold of and I've already been burned by the second release of "Wip3out: The Music" which was chock-full of digital dropouts on my two factory pressings (see discussion here: http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthr...t=3120&page=14 )

Thanks again everyone!