Thread: KRE - new AG mode

nu9get Guest

Default KRE - new AG mode

Ok, first of all, welcome to Killerloop Race Event, crazy idea right here.
    This is not a traditional tournament, as you may think, i thought of something more challenging.
    The races consists in to complete 4 laps, at the beginning of the fifth, you have to flip yourself in front of the start line and complete a lap backwards (rev), reach the start line another time, flip again, and then complete the fifth fwd and last lap.
    This can sound a bit weird, but can be very fun and hard at the same moment imho, 'cause when you do the reversed lap and you are some seconds ahead, you can go in collision with someone else still doing the forward one.
    So you must avoid other ships, and weapons.
    You can also shoot weapons when doing the backwards lap to slowdown opponents, as they can too.
    Also, speed pads are reversed too, during the REV lap, so avoid them or they'll slow you down.

RULES
    Ok, here we go:
    You cannot cheat, like flip backwards before the start line on 4° lap, because 5° lap will be not activated. So you have to do it after the start line.

btw, You can cheat in the rev lap, if you are a lot of seconds ahead and nobody sees you, because in the rev lap you dont have to activate a new lap.
    This is up to the loyalty and honesty of the player (i hope), also if you'll cheat like that, there's no reason to play that game mode. Remember, it's FUN only because it's a f(l)ight to the death.
    if you get caught cheating, you'll be banned from the event.

TRACKS & OTHER STUFF
    There are some tracks FWD and REV that can't be played cus for jumps (like amphi fwd or amphi rev), so you cant go backwards.
    When i get home i'll write a list of the track playable.
    3 with WEAPONS, and 3 GREEN.
    Speed class Phantom, obviously.
    Mines and bombs are not allowed imo, or it'll become a mess...don't know, just share ideas for improving lads.
    3 Tournaments, 4 players each one, or a max of 5.
    The 3 winners of the tournaments, plays last one tournament to fight for the final victory.

available tracks:
    - anulpha rev
    - moa fwd + rev
    - chengou rev
    - metropia fwd + rev
    - sebenco fwd + rev
    - ubermall fwd + rev
    - sol2 fwd + rev
    - talons fwd + rev
    - modesto fwd + rev
    - tech de ra fwd + rev

Hope will join a lot of wipers! Thank you.
    Last edited by nu9get; 3rd December 2015 at 03:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

sounds interesting, what about disabling green items too? no turbo, no shield and no autopilot (possible with the eliminator glitch). another thing is, if you use a quake whilst driving the reverse lap, it'll be fired in the right direction still. that means firing the quake backwards on your reverse lap.

edit: bombs and mines could be used as alternative shield items
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 2nd December 2015 at 07:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think this idea should be tried out on a Friday Night Flyby.....I'm sure the experienced pilots will chime in with either Yay or Nay if you discuss it in a chatroom.

Sounds a bit shambolic IMHO and would be rather hard to work out WTF was going on around the end of the race, and if anybody had ....let's just say....Not performed all the required elements needed

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

The idea is cool but there is a problem. You mentioned avoiding player ships while going in reverse, well I've done this once and my ship ghosted, so basically that is a flaw in the idea I can see other than causing confusion.

Still maybe worth a try though.

nu9get Guest

@JF
    yes, the elim glitch could be very usefull, even more challenging without green items! cool idea.
    and YES, quake goes in the same direction of the ship, if you shoot it backwards, other opponents behind you can see it coming on their face lol
    and bombs\mines for me it's ok to use them like an alternative shield, but only if someones shoots you obv.

@blackwiggle
    "and if anybody had ....let's just say....Not performed all the required elements needed"
    lol true, you said it. first races will be a bit chaotic, that's normal, we gonna test it 2 or 3 times precisely for this reason, so the people starts understanding how to play it.
    btw, dunno if Friday Night Flyabout could be the right place to test it because for the event, I thought about doing 3 tournaments, composed of 4 players each, or a maximum of 5 (or it will be really an inconceivable distaster with too much players in), and in the Flyabout lobby there are always 6 or 7 players if not even full.

@snake
    are you sure? I always wondered if the ships are ghosted, only when pilot assist is ON, am i wrong? How do work that ship-ghost thing?
    Last edited by nu9get; 3rd December 2015 at 11:58 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

to avoid non legal manoeuvres, we could set bot-times for each track (like we have on wipeoutrankings).
    list of available tracks:
    - anulpha rev
    - moa fwd + rev
    - chengou rev
    - metropia fwd + rev
    - sebenco fwd + rev
    - ubermall fwd + rev
    - sol2 fwd + rev
    - talons fwd + rev
    - modesto fwd + rev
    - tech de ra fwd + rev

eighteen tracks total!
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 3rd December 2015 at 01:35 PM.

nu9get Guest

what do you mean with "bot-times"? explain please.
    thank you for posting the available tracks i'll update the OP post with them.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

a bot-time is a hypothetical barrier which cannot be beaten. someone with a time less than a bot-time, is DSQ (disqualification).

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

Quote Originally Posted by nu9get View Post
    @snake
    are you sure? I always wondered if the ships are ghosted, only when pilot assist is ON, am i wrong? How do work that ship-ghost thing?
    Ghosting is caused by the internet speed of the host and what you're doing in the race, not pilot assist. Basically if the hosts internet is not up to speed then everyone ghosts to prevent lag from collision damage from each other. At least I think that's what causes it.
    You also ghost if you fall off the track and respawn and in my case if you go in reverse, I mean do you really want someone to ruin your race by going in reverse and driving into you and bringing the ship to a stand still, because I would think that is a really douche thing to do

nu9get Guest

@snake
    Ok, btw when i host my internet speed is always good, it doesnt happen very often to get ships ghosted if that's the problem.
    You'll also respawn in the right direction of the track if you fall off it, so you've to re-flip again and it's a bit annoying lol.

I also talked with other pilots about this event, i opened my eyes and other problems have arisen, like:
    If you go backwards, your ship will be ghosted anyway, so you cant really see other opponents behind\front of you, also distance-indicator wont work going backwards.

Without green items yea, it can be more challenging but maybe too much unfair for whose is lower position, you dont have the possibility to regain the race.

About the non legal manoeuvres bot-time can be a solution, all a matter of try.
    I thought about someone spectating the racers, standing there, just for see if someone cheats, but obviously nobody will do it. spectating mode is also really glitchy\laggy.

Dont really know if this tourney could work.
    I'm here if someone wants to try with me, just pm on psn. Tonight too maybe.

nu9get Guest

!DEAD PROJECT!
    Can someone close this thread?