Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: European Wipeout Convention 2016

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Good to see familar faces and some new. I have updated my status at AmigoJack 's site to: of course

Coming weeks I will show some more activity here, to keep this event alive so more pilots might join in.

See you soon,

Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

I'm still in of course. Yay! It's happening again

@AmigoJack: Is it possible to reserve one sleeping place on your floor? Just in case
    @Cipher: Thanks for willing to pick me up from the airport. I still not decided whether to go by car or by plane, but when coming by plane it would be nice - I will contact you later ok?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Sure thing, just let us know and we'll come pick you up ;-)

Cipher

PSN ID
    Thorinx

70 days to go!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerx View Post
    reserve one sleeping place on your floor?
    Of course, dude! There's enough room for everyone.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LevitatingFatMan/LsDre86

Dear amigojack, can l also reserve a spot at your place? Got some financial setbacks. I will bring beer and food to compensate

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Cipher aka Alex, DreamerX, Lsdre86 aka J.666, Mad-Ice, Rennfisch, Flint = 6 campers (my site only reflects 4 of you currently, as 2 of you haven't set their status to green). There's enough space on the floor for each of you, and even more people. Don't forget: I'm the only one having a bed and can only hand out 2,5 spare blankets. And since I have no carpets you have to be prepared for a hard floor. Hardfloor.
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 13th May 2016 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Lsdre86 = J.666

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    UnleashSonic

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    I wish I could have made it, I would have brought some of my Feisar models with me, but I'll still be in Australia then...

Have fun
    Yeeeuup. If I were in Europe I'd love to come to a WipEout meet-up Shame I'm stuck here in Australia for now

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Why don't you live in Austria?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

hey, if its going to happen in Frankfurt, i can show up most likely. well if i can get some vacation days that is xD

i can bring:
    - 2 ps3s with wipEout HD/Fury + 2 ds3s
    - 1 vita with 2048 + pure + pulse
    - 1 vita TV with 2048 for BIG screen glory
    - 1 ps4 + 1 DS4 (there's no awesome games on it yet, so It'll stay @ home most likely)
    - 1 pc gaming monitor with awesome refresh capability
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 18th May 2016 at 10:18 PM.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Great - of course you're welcome as well! In doubt you can even show up spontaneously. Do you bring something to sleep on, or do you prefer a hostel or even hotel?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

We've decided we're too old to sleep on the floor, so we would rather prefer a hostel or hotel. Do you know something nice near by?

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Hotel: Ramada Bad Soden is literally around the corner with good beds. Other hotels are here as well, but they're more expensive and mostly have worse reviews - can't suggest those.

Hostel: Five Elements Frankfurt still exists - it'd be a good 30 minutes ride from there to my apartment by metro. Car should be faster. Definitly less expensive and by now they also have 2 bed rooms.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

Thank you, AmigoJack!
    We´ve booked a room at the Five Elements. If someone else is planning to stay there overnight, we could arrange a carpool.
    See you soon, we´re psyched!

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Good to hear. Everything here is set to go. Based on this thread's and my site's activity I don't expect more people to come. But since a couple of TVs are brought we can make a "professional" contest like in the old days again. Can you believe it's already more than 9 years since we met first?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

I did say month a so ago. About coming thru. It may be possible. I asked everyone I know in the State's. They said it would be a next year thing. Travis, Eric, Ben, n try to bribe AL Sartwells wife to let him go in a summer time. But I have started a second job n haven't gotten clearance back yet. From the medical job I work for. To have at least 5 straight days off. If anybody thought I was jiving (lie) no.but working two jobs had been funny. N I did practice on the consoles. I'm rusty as F....!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

10 days to go!! *drum rolls* \o/

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Everything is up and set, especially things that you might never had the chance to experience before:
    • NegCon controller for Wip3out and W3SE (and 2097 for PSX if dreamerx brings his copy)
    • WipEout and WipEout 2097 for Sega Saturn (hitting the wall won't stop and flip your craft)
    • BallisticNG, both versions 0.1 and 0.4 (successfully imported WipEout and 2097 crafts).
    • (if anyone brings an N64 we could play WipEout 64)

Current weather forecasts are 22 to 26 °C.

Those who're coming on Thursday already: can you give me a loose time of arrival? I can manage to be here at 16:00 without problems, but an earlier time would also be possible.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LevitatingFatMan/LsDre86

Will be there between 16:00 and 18:00 l will bring 2 pizzaquiches.. Will share with everybody who likes pizza and quiche 😀

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Quote Originally Posted by J.666 View Post
    quiche
    Never ate those before - looking forward.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi all,

Finally I am having the right feeling to post here again. It has been a rollercoaster here. Family and work have been so busy. The school where I have been working for 11 years is closed now forever. There is a new rule from the gouvernement that is called: fitting education. I worked with children with special needs. Coming school year all the children with special needs will just stay in regular schools. We will see, what the future will bring for them and the schools?!

I am very happy to have found a new job. It was very tough this last year and emotional to say goodbye to the children, colleagues and building.

Today I feel free and there is room for new things, especially meeting you all. I am so looking forward to this.

See you all Thursday

Greetz Mad-Ice