Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: European Wipeout Convention 2016

PSN ID
    stin_wz

I`m glad you all had a blast! I`m hoping to go next year!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LevitatingFatMan/LsDre86

I had such a wonderfull time l want to thank everybody again for coming and for being great company, you guys all have a lovely soul. A special thanks to amigojack for his hospitality. Really hope to see everybody again at the next convention

Timezone
    GMT + 1

So cool to read all your comments on the convention. This afternoon I brought LsDre to his car nearby Utrecht and went to see my family in a holidaypark. We ate there together with three other families, so it was immediately another convention. Gave everyone a psp and vita and...Just kidding. Anyway, after dinner we finally went home. We put the kids to bed and now me and my wife's are sitting in the garden. All good just wanted to let you all know I am safe at home. For now, big up to everyone who attended and especially a big up to AmigoJack for letting all us crazy Wipers in his appartement again.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I just realised we forgot to exchange pictures/videos, i'll send out a link to you guys via PM with all the JPGs either today or tomorrow, somewhere in the next couple weeks i will add edited/filtered ones here on WZ in an album (have to set everything back up first and find the time to edit), the youtube vids will probably take a while as well >.>

Good to hear everyone got home safe!

Found out the lag on my tv is ~60-100 milliseconds in game mode, so the lag we noticed in Pure, 2048 with the PS VitaTV & 2097, Wip3out with the PS1 was probably caused by the TV, can't believe i've been playing HD/Fury like this, crazy!! >.<
    So to anyone who played on my TV, don't worry about your performance, you're better than you think you are

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    ...Found out the lag on my tv is ~60-100 milliseconds in game mode, so the lag we noticed in Pure, 2048 with the PS VitaTV & 2097, Wip3out with the PS1 was probably caused by the TV...
    as i said to you already on Thursday, that input lag is definitely not normal xD
    try to find a way to activate your TVs PC-mode, then everything will work absolutely flawlessly, cause all the gizmos will be inactive in PC-mode that's what i did with my samsung TV.

btt: im glad everybody got home without any hassle. the convention was awesome, it was a pleasure to be a part of it and to met each of you in person. BIG THX to AmigoJack for giving us a place where we could feel at home . and congratulations again to Mad-Ice for kicking all of our asses i hope you'll have fun with the prize you got, you deserved to win the whole tournament

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks in advance for the pictures and vids.

About the lag on your TV: thank God I am better than I am thinking about myself. I have got big problems being self confident

But I fear the time when you are able to get a new TV without lag. Brrrr, you will be even faster than you are already now, HELP!!!!

Edit: Thanks Jfthebestjan, I will enjoy the prize for sure! And indeed it was a pleasure to meet everyone in person. Ewc's \,,/(-_-)\,,/
    Last edited by Mad-Ice; 25th July 2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Posting at the same time as Jfthebestjan :)

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thumbs up

Glad to hear everybody arrived home safely. I had great fun meeting the 4 new guys, and also the old ones as well - it really doesn't matter how good you're at playing to enjoy a convention: this has been proven for the 8th time in a row.

While this one was a bit more stressful to me (more hassle with my super sensitive floor which sadly got a few scratches; a bathroom that was flooded in areas I can't even imagine why there should be water - I vacuumed it and without expecting it I sucked water thru it; trying to keeping the noise down should be no fun killer, yet I have to do so) it also was an improved one: more people were able to sleep at my place; we had more space to play; I could finally serve WiFi for the pauses; more options to go eating or letting deliver it; more parking space available with one space being guaranteed; and a bigger balcony serving as pit lane thru the tournaments.

An interesting feature was Cipher's ability to capture races - something we already did in 2009, but now we were also able to do it in PURE and PULSE and W3SE and 2097! Rendering the videos into a commonly known format turns out to be difficult and needs time, but it surely is worth it. F.e. we found out that on the PURE track "Paris Hair" at the end split the face in the middle is actually following the craft - something I never recognized while playing it on the PSP - but thanks to a big screen I finally noticed. Who knows which other details are hidden in all the tracks! So me and Cipher also raced each W3SE track in the night from 02:00 to 04:00 just to have it recorded. And that's also when we found out about the lag, as we switched monitors and then had a much lower output lag.

Right now my parents are with me (they knew and it was planned that they arrive at the day when the convention ended), so it might take me a while until I selected all the photos and videos I made. I'll post back when I'm done with this, and will also scan the two tournament sheets that have been left here (mine and Rennfisch).

So far nobody seems to have forgotten something - haven't found anything that does not belong to me. The weather is the same as with us: you easily sweat.

I can only recommend joining the next convention - even if it costs you money to do the journey or book a hostel you'll surely enjoy your time. Looking ahead for the next one in 2017! If no place is found, it could be here again.
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 25th July 2016 at 07:44 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Sorry about the floor Michael, i had noticed the water as well on Saturday, wondering what happened before me lol (At the washing machine right?), but thank you again for the hospitality!
    I think i might organise one of these in the future, but it won't be for next year, need to find a place to settle first

I'm currently exporting the HD/Fury part of the tournament for video editing so they will go up in the near future, the pictures i'm also going to start transferring and then uploading, expect a PM with the link somewhere today

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

@AmigoJack: Again, thank you so much for everything! You were a great host and a nice person as well.
    We will definitely host a convention in the future, although our floor is even more sensitive. Along these lines, I regret that your floor got scratched and also want to apologize for this mishap! Please excuse me.

@Cipher: Thanks a ton, I just took a look at the photos! You´re a great photographer - I really cherish the 'Fish-Eye-Lens' ones. I rejoice over the fact, that I have such an awesome rememberance, thanks to you! I´m looking forward to watch the videos.

I´d love to see all of you (and maybe even more members) next time! I´m really happy that I had the chance to participate in 2016!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Hehe, it's funny, most people i know don't like the fisheye lens (i love it though xD), gives a new perspective on things, glad you like them!

@JF i'm sorry we forgot to take a group picture when you were still around, it completely slipped my mind
    You were also correct about the PC thingy, it's a different button for me, but found out how to do it, feels much better now

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Apologies for the double post, but as an FYI for those who are not subscribed to my Youtube, i've been uploading the HD/Fury part of the tournament to the innywebs step by step (wanted to do some fancy editing >.<)
    I have 4 done so far (5th one is rendering) but i'ma keep uploading them at intervals to give myself some headroom in case i don't manage to keep up with the pace of releases, currently i'm aiming for 1 vid every day made public at midnight CET, but it might become a bi-daily thing

A playlist with all videos is here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xXHzc9BMMlUdNn

@Amigojack i'll upload no music versions to your server (once it works xD) (which would allow you to delete the massive uncompressed HD/Fury recordings and free up quite a bit of disk space, unless you cherish loading screens and what not )
    Or, if you don't mind the music for archiving, i can send those (or both i guess)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

we need a convention in 2017 to celebrate the launch of omega collection would be the first time, that we can play 2048 on BIG screen against each other...interest anyone?

PSN ID
    stin_wz

as far l'm aware mad-ice is working on it, but as long l do believe it will be a tenth anniversary which therefor l will be there hopefully. Possibly in Amsterdam same place!

stevie 😆

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Something is cooking in my kitchen 😎

PSN ID
    stin_wz

yes, l was cooking medium rare steak just for you lol!

honestly, if it's on tenth anniversary l will be there in Amsterdam 😉
    stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Does someone have the pure tournament points for Dre, Rennfish & Flint? Like, the score between every 4 race tournaments, as we weren't in the lobby, i don't have them recorded, but i'd like to add you 3 in the video regardless

PSN ID
    Thorinx

I only got Flint and Renn (and mine). LsD must have taken his sheet, so I can't serve with that one.
    Here are front and back of both:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Cheers Michael, i could deduct Dre's points from having flint & renn's positions, except, there's 1 problem, on the last race, the last tournament, both flint & renn claim to have gotten 2nd place
    I asked Dre, but he no longer has his paper and can't recall what position he had on 123Klan

I'll pop Renn & Flint a message to ask ;-)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

We can´t remember our positions either, sorry. I guess we´ll have to race that track again or cast a dice.
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 16th January 2017 at 04:45 AM. Reason: I didn´t get it...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Officially, I won`t be there this convention or possibly next year, seriously I`m so gutted.

stevie