Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worth buying a PS3 ?

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Worth buying a PS3 ?

Dear pilots,

I'm currently very happy playing Pulse, is it worth buying a PS3 for HD/Fury ?? Money is not the issue, more that i'd probably use the console only for WO...

There's not much tracks and they're old ones :-/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

hey, welcome to the forum. i can assure you, that you'll love wipeout hd, if you like pulse already
    imho wipeout hd is by far the best game PS3 has to offer, it can compete with every PS4 game as well, graphics wise. the gameplay, which is the most important part of a game, is simply absolutely awesome. it just feels right, or i better should say real
    so if money isn't an issue, go and buy a PS3, and buy the game digital. you won't regret it

Do it man. Do it and join our family! It's an amazingly good game.

Also, your testimony is important to us.

One day, thanks to people like you, we will have a new Wipeout game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Coooool :-) I love your enthusiasm, i'll buy one asap, then ! Any version to look for, anything i should be careful about ?

BTW... is it working on PS4 ? I assume it isn't... What a shame.

Unless Sony wakes up and realises that having at least one generation worth of backwards compatibility is actually a good thing, then the PS4 is a no-no for the Wipeout franchise.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I am one of those who got the PS3 just for wipeout HD Fury... no regrets. Like JF, I also believe that HD Fury is the best iteration of the wipEout franchise

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by terra-wrists View Post
    I am one of those who got the PS3 just for wipeout HD Fury... no regrets.
    Same here ^^
    Plus a TV *wink wink @mosh*

I consider it worth it, but i think we are all biased though, you should give it a go at a friend's place or something if you can, just in case you don't happen to like it that much, so you don't have to spend the money
    (But note that first impressions might be deceiving, because the game isn't newcomer friendly, wipeout has never been )

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    dreadofmondays

PS3 still has loads of amazing games. Piles of them. Giant towers and stacks of them. It's worth it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

as dreadofmondays said, PS3 has some really awesome games.
    my top PS3 games are:
    1st - wipeout hd
    2nd - shadow of the colossus
    3rd - mirrors edge
    Last edited by JFthebestJan; 10th September 2015 at 01:55 PM.

PSN ID
    Dylan061997

you guys said all i have no arguments xD , but i had a regret i have wipeout hd / fury still december 2014 too bad i don't having this game instead , but i'm happy to buy this game

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Same here ^^
    Plus a TV *wink wink @mosh*

Cipher
    I spent the money on DLSR lenses instead lol. I'm getting into the whole "videography" malarky I'll still need a TV at some point to watch it all back in true HD though... so yeah... also, I'm beginning to miss wipEout a lot less now. It's been months (June) since I raced you guys, and have some AMAZING memories of epic times in the races AND in the chatrooms during those.

wipEout HD online is brilliant - and I have to say, when the skillset improves, it is totally too damn good (i've missed meals and phonecalls over this shizzle). Downside - friends don't get it.

I guess if I do come back at some point in the future, it will be like an amateur trying to find his feet again... and yeah bro, I'll do it in the Piranha... thanks for keeping her warm for me guys. She gets ratty when she's left in the garage

EDIT: Cipher, can you possibly record a vid of the piranha races? I would probably cry witnessing that... no one likes piranha really 'cept a few of us. And we love that beasty

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I know that feel, lenses aren't cheap, saving up for a couple myself as well (Photography here though), 2K pricetags are painful >.<

I'll try record some this friday if anyone else fancies flying the pirhana with me

Cipher

PSN ID
    Dylan061997

Pirhana-Pizza-Skeleton-Chinese-Apple-Guy-Cipher
    Last edited by Dylan061997; 10th September 2015 at 05:36 PM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I know that feel, lenses aren't cheap, saving up for a couple myself as well (Photography here though), 2K pricetags are painful >.<

I'll try record some this friday if anyone else fancies flying the pirhana with me

Cipher
    *rubs hands together in anticipation PIRANHA !!!

(the tokina lens is pretty good - but ND filters were necessary for daylight)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I've been looking at a tokina 11-20 as well, but i'm not a fan of the build quality nor the EF-S mount

And well, not many flew pirhana, so you'll only see a couple, but still have to edit it up

Cipher
    Last edited by Cipher; 12th September 2015 at 07:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LevitatingFatMan/LsDre86

PIRANHA!!!! when l maxed all loyalty you will see me 90 percent of the time in a piranha l think

And ontopic. :buy the ps3.. Atm it's the only game l play in that machine.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I'll give the ol' flying log some races
    ____

And yes HD Fury is very worth it, it's one of the only games I play on PS3

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

You guys are making me proud

Cipher, the Tokina 11-20 is not bad on build quality and I'm a fan of its manual focus - very smooth.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Yeah it's great, the optics are nice as well, but he EF-S mount is a bummer, cuz i might upgrade to full frame in the future which would mean the lens is no longer usable
    Then again, i dunno if i want to stick to DSLRs, too heavy to carry around everywhere, i like to travel light ^^ (And having 2kg hanging on your neck/shoulder the whole day is a drag <.<)

@Zio i meant the one we just had I'm not sure if i'll be around this friday as my sis is arriving from paris

Cipher

Also, we keep chatting off topic lol

Timezone
    GMT + 8

I bought one a few months ago to replace a broken DVD player with a blue ray item, for a few $ more, got the 2nd hand PS3. Worth it, mostly play wipeout. Usually able to find a game that meets my skill level in the morning (in Aus so +800). Usually still get smashed but practice makes perfect