Thread: FeedBack Thread- Version 0.0.5

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

R8 just posted on social media, updates on the situation next week

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Damage control I would suspect at the forum, and a restructuring of sorts elsewhere.
    I'd stop posting at the forum as I saw no point since there was nobody there to reply....I guess others felt the same.

From Varsh's post on the situation, there has been some fundamental errors made in setting up the infrastructure of the TPP / Kickstarter / Early access on Steam, especially with some people having both TPP and Kickstarter....then which Kickstarter they have bought, and their preferred platform for the finished game [or changing it].....and in lost access keys, keys that don't work, people who have lost their emails stating which Kickstarter package they bought...etc..etc..etc

Compound that with now having had two people trying to sort it, then giving up....I certainly wouldn't want to try and sort that mess out

I'm guess suspending the forum, downing tools, sorting all the account details and fixing it properly before it gets any worse, is what they are trying to do......well one would hope that's what they are doing.

If it's not that, then I'm expecting news saying something along the lines of the project has been put on hold till further notice.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

mmmmmmehhhhhhhh!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The Forum is back up....no explanation for it's suspension that I could find....go figure.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I think i'm gonna give FF a miss... seriously i'm not feeling the direction the game is taking.

I'll stick to wipEout HD Fury, if I can get a TV sorted that is - if not - goodbye wipEout we had fun while it lasted, but all good things must come to an end.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

@ terra: you don't need a TV, a fast PC monitor is sufficient. if i remember correctly, you bought that badass machine recently. you surely have a decent monitor for it, right? i played PS3 exclusively on a fast gaming monitor in 2011-2014

btt: probably the game doesn't get finished at all now. i mean, it's a long way from version 0.05 to 1.00!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

@JF unless he got a better monitor that supports a higher resolution than 1080p (which would mean it's not HDMI), but yes, it's definitely worth checking Mosh, if you have an HDMI port at the back of your monitor, plug that sucker in!

And game dev takes a long time guys, especially with a small team, i'm sure the game will continue development

Cipher

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I did try, and PS3 came on etc - but when I tried to load wipeout - the screen just froze out on me... also, i ahve to work out a way to get sound on it. My speakers are plugged into the PC and don't plug into the PS3 - and there is no port for speakers on the monitor

I think I will just have to wait - or give up. The only reason for me to have a TV is wipEout - I don't watch TV at all.

As for FF... i honestly don't like the direction of it... but will wait until official release to really make my mind up on it. truth be told, I'm way more excited about rollcage.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

i almost always mute the ps3s sound and listen to internet radio instead.
    but the ps3 gives you the option to split the video and sound output to different connections. example: video = hdmi; audio = av connector

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Thanks JF... I'm just so bad at setting up stuff like this - kinda dyslexic when it comes to hardware... software though, is all good

I'll get some help from a friend soon.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Before having a TV, I had the PS3 connected a PC monitor via a HDMI<->DVI cable (no HDMI input on my monitor) and the sound was going to my 2.1 sound system via the other output (not the optical, the other one, don't remember the name).

EDIT : oh sorry, I just realized it's completely of topic, my bad

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

New Facebook post regarding the 'radio silence'.
    https://www.facebook.com/R8Games/posts/987614194594442

(recommend reading the post on facebook as it has formatting)

So. Apologies for the radio silence, it was not intentional. We had to make a few tweaks in the office recently including letting a few people go in favour of concentrating on the core development side of things and protecting the product. That included Aaron, the community manager (unfortunately) as it was felt that we could cover that aspect, at least until we have a more stable cash flow. I think you can all appreciate that staying independent is a rough task and to get this point is no mean feat, but I made the mistake of ramping up too early to try and meet the demand for content on steam and this was the consequence. I believe in being honest so that's why I am making this announcement.
    Since we delivered on Early Access, which was a version of the game that represented moving out of pre-production and into production, I will be honest with you, we ‘were’ expecting more sales – but at the same time we fully realised the predicament we had put ourselves in - going out at the high price point we set – which was in reaction to our kickstarter campaign and not wanting to piss you good people off. In doing so we kind of shot ourselves in the foot. The content doesn’t justify the price point (I think that’s pretty obvious) – but still – we’ve had a great reaction so far and we also have nearly 5500 people with the game on their wish list, which is fantastic and whilst content is a concern we have proven we have a good base to work from.
    We are continuing to look at how we can balance that and for now we have brought forward our plans to sort the multiplayer side of it out, which seems an important side of the game and one that I hope (along with new content) will encourage more sales. You will also see more craft designs which we will nail down based on your input (we do read everything). It is also very important to us that we feed the QA/Test Pilot resource we have and I will communicate the plan on how we will do this with you as a sort of promise from us to you.
    We may make a temporary price reduction on Steam soon to try and attract a new adopters but we also need to make sure that people that have parted with hard earned cash don’t feel disadvantaged, so we will work with you on that.
    As an independent studio we have to react month by month – strategically – to make sure there’s enough cash in the vaults to support our plans, it’s a constant juggling act based on our ambitions and the reality of where we are right now. I always said I would prop up the studio by selling equity if needed but recently we had to stem the costs of the studio and bring things back in line with a more realistic approach until we get the level of investment we need to push on like crazy people again.
    This week I have been trying hard to join the dots up to guarantee the console versions and the box versions and to set an ETA and I have made quite a bit of progress – it’s too early to let you know the details but I am hoping for more news early/mid next week. Making sure these products are secure means we can focus more on the core PC product. No one wants to develop hand to mouth and I am hoping that next week I will also have news to guarantee the full product in time with our plan for early Q2 next year. I can tell you that as part of the PC side we are also looking to deliver a MAC version – this will also be confirmed.
    Kickstarter lit the fire and as I always said the journey at times may be hard. But for the £71k or so that we got from that campaign we should soon be able to give you a secure full product road map with all the things we had planned including the stretch goals.
    Please have a little patience – we will get there..
    Best,
    Andrew.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It's all very well releasing this statement on Facebook, but they haven't even bothered to mention any of this at their own FF forum [14 hours after Facebook post], which makes me think that basically that forum will not be moderated any more or queries answered [due to financial constraints / lack of personnel], and that no feeback to people still suffering technical problems will be dealt with any time soon.

If that is the case, it makes the FF forum defunct, and people will stop posting at it.......which logically will stem any feedback, which defeats the purpose of the TPP.

A catch 22 situation if ever there was one.

Maybe they should ask for a volunteer to work as moderator, they would have to be UK based obviously and have the trust of the R8 team.

Leaving things as they are now at the FF forum is like leaving a pristine blank wall to a bunch of graffiti vandals, it's going to get filled with unsightly OT posts as nobody will know the answers, that's if anybody continues to bother to post at it.....rather pointless if there is no feeback from R8, as everything posted would be pure conjecture
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th September 2015 at 04:41 AM.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I've noticed a massive drop in members visiting the FF forum since this hiccup.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

Yup, well why would people visit if nobody is there to answer their questions? Seems odd that they posted their update everywhere but the forum. I might send them a message to see what's happening and if they need a hand. I've got a lot of spare time lol.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

They've always kind of neglected everything but facebook, they NEED a community manager to cover all the most important social media, but especially, as mentioned, your own freaking forum, you've asked all pilots to sign up there and now you're ignoring them?? What??
    They need a better manager.

Cipher

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

I've lost confidence in R8 games... its a good thing I didnt back the KS programme. If management is this bad now... well, forget it.
    Last edited by terra-wrists; 14th September 2015 at 07:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    They've always kind of neglected everything but facebook
    I called them out on that on twitter in April, they stated they were going to improve but everything on there is still just facebook links

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I did that too lol, but yeah i saw it as well, it's funny because some of the facebook exported ones are messed up

@Mosh i'm just going to give it time and see where it goes for now

Cipher