Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default FeedBack Thread- Version 0.0.5

New version out folks.
    Two new tracks to play on, New York Night time, and New York Reverse.
    FF now has a pre race track Fly Over, like HD.
    Menu has been updated
    Lot's of textural upgrades to New York forward day time

I've just had a brief trial run....will give it a long workout later today....but, so far.

Handling - Quite a big improvement....not quite up to Wipout standard as yet, but certainly heading in the right direction ...craft still feel a bit light weight to me.

I only tried to use the rocket, but the weapon energy bar never filled, so I had Zero weapons on all three tracks.

The reverse track is going to be a great track to race on, it seems a lot wider than forward....R8 states that their a 7 lighting effects not working ATM on this track....still a work in progress...it was pretty much blurry for the entire race when I tried it [I'll try different settings to see if that changes]

Night time racing - I won't spoil it, but there is a cool effect on all the craft......The night time track has a WET look to it, so lots of reflections both on the track and to some extent above [Stinkleroy - not as bad as the Glassy Fury tracks we both loathe, but I'm getting worried]......when hitting a speed pad, a lighting effect on the crafts nose like going through the sound barrier happens, sort of like a flash.....I don't know...seems a bit OTT to me....would be a PITA racing at Phantom with that happening all the time IMHO...see what you think of it.

Ok folks, get your update and try it out!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Here's some video of the Night track
    https://vimeo.com/137035299

PSN ID
    MegaGeeza22

It looks epic!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

They have given us [TPP people] 3 new tracks to try out and give comments on, they are really bare basic tracks [they make the special tracks on WO3 look fleshed out in comparison]

I'm not sure if those that are not in the TPP can view them, there's nothing really to get excited about, as there is a very strong chance that they would be changed considerably before any real effort was put into building them up, the thing that surprised me was just how long two of the three tracks were, we are talking tracks like the 3rd iteration of the WO Fusion tracks....they were long.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

The mails that have been sent out state that it's a private build, so no, we're not allowed to publicly share them

i find it hard to test them though, i keep flying out and they don't have a Z-volume installed (which is strange, as it should be default in UDK), so it's an infinity fall
    Overall physics feel a lot better than before, but the air brakes are in my opinion still not responsive enough, there also seems to be a bit of input latency in the new build, still not sure how i feel about the steering either

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

the ini files now accept settings that make the game playable for me, yay! (aspect ratio correction)
    the handling definitely feels more manageable in this build, and the new tracks are interesting...
    I really like NY Night because I have a MUCH easier time telling where the track goes. In the day one there's not enough contrast between the grey buildings and grey track. Night has those lights along the edges. The QA/TPP test tracks are interesting, but it's making it more and more apparent that there need to be some kind of cheats available in these test builds... like a quick restart race button and/or a reset to track button. Especially when you can not just fly over, but pass through walls in certain places