Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread - v0.0.4

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    ElHabib....I know you work in the industry, and know some of the guys...please, help them help themselves before it's too late.
    I'm an artist, not a coder. All I could do in regards of gameplay is tell them what I think feels right and what doesn't - but then why would they listen to me?
    What I don't quite get is that they clearly stated they want to recreate the wipEout feel yet fail so miserably at it. Just play the old games, guys! It's not exactly hard to figure out that floatiness is key.

Okay. I might be evil for this, but in a sense, I'm almost hoping for the physics in FF to stay like this.

Why? Because I want the original WipEout series to be the only saga having this particular gameplay that made it so successful.

And because I still live with the hope that on day, Wipeout will officially be back and the saga will continue.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 6th August 2015 at 04:19 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I think I was slightly misunderstood by Colin....I wasn't inferring to choices made with the making of PURE, or any of the other WO games being the cause of SL closing.
    The travesty that befell SL was, Sony just didn't promote the games SL were making, they just used SL for providing games for new console releases or a new way of getting games HD first download only title], and the games that SL did make, as you mentioned, ended up being given away as compensation for disasters made elsewhere...it was shameful what Sony did to SL.

What I was referring to was the choices made with Blur, and the closing of Bizarre Creations by owners Activision, mind you, Activision closed a lot of studios, so I'm probably being rather harsh by singling out Blur, but I distinctly remember a TV Gaming show here in OZ mentioning that disappointingly low sales of both Blur and another Bizarre game were the reason they were looking to sell Bizarre off, but no buyer could be found, so they just closed it.

How I connected Blur to FF was that FF Alpha has two things that Blur had, that put me off buying it, the transparent pickups via running into them, and the Blur effect when running over speed pads ....which HD/FURY had as well, but could turn off.

As for Formula Fusion....well after a week of technical difficulties meaning I haven't been able to get the game to work till yesterday [and heading into my 3rd week of being on strong antihistamines - it's been like having to wear a Motorcycle helmet 24/7], I haven't been able to put the time in to really test things out fully....my comments have been based on videos uploaded of FF's gameplay by others.....I mean there are some things so obvious that you don't need first hand experience to know that you don't like them, and can give reasons why.

R8 says they are at least 8 months away from a full release....that seems like a pretty long time to tweak the craft physics/handling to me, but then again I'm not involved with doing this sort of thing, so for all I know it might be wishful thinking on their part ???

I'm sure Colin could chime in here with his thought's regarding that proposed time frame if he wanted to, as he would be the most knowledgeable person at this forum to give a reply other than somebody at R8.

As it stands, the only player view available to test with at the moment is not the one I would ever use anyway, so until first person cockpit view is made available to test with, my comments on craft handling wouldn't be very helpful to R8 ATM.

I'm prepared to give R8 the benefit of the doubt......I think maybe some POLLS started at the FF forum, asking for opinions on various specific in game inclusions or deletions or options to turn on/off would be worthwhile......things like craft handling I would think will change as builds progress, so I'm not really worried about that ATM.

I, and I think pretty much everybody at this forum, just want a "Serious" AG racer we can spend endless hours playing.

Maybe we should all chill out a bit..... I know some of my previous comments have been a bit hot headed....mainly because I [like everybody here ] really do care about this game.

Reading comments made, our biggest worry ATM is that we think this initial build has design elements to it that make it seem too much of a arcade racer.....Ok, let's let that be known......start complaining about the craft handling after the 2nd or 3rd build if it's still severely lacking...early days.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 6th August 2015 at 04:16 PM.

Ah, I think I understand what you mean now

Regarding dev time, it depends on many factors, from tools, to number of staff etc. I certainly wouldnt expect additional tracks until the handling is near final. You dont want to rebuild track sections to fit handling, nor do you want to compromise handling to fit tracks. So get the handling and feel right, and build around that.
    You dont need to build all vehicles, just examples of the extremes.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I hope R8 can stick to the quality levels of SL .

We WILL wait, if it means R8 needs more time getting it right......pointless doing it unless FF turns out Amazing.....I just hope R8 has the needed funds to do it to the quality level they envision....the Talent is there, so is the drive.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Regarding physics, i don't understand why they went on steam early access already? it's way too soon!! People are doing race records and getting accustomed to the current physics which (i think & hope) they will still adjust a ton, meaning the people who invested the time into getting used to the current ones will get alienated and most likely just leave the franchise not bothering to spend the time to get used to it again (it's like patch 2.51 >.>)
    They can't be THAT desperate for money can they??

Cipher

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The majority of people posting times are members of the TPP, so they should be expecting things to change from version to version. It's the reason I'm not concerning myself with posting times or anything, they'll all be irrelevant as soon as the next build comes out. I do agree though that they're taking an enormous risk putting such a bare bones version up as the first Early Access version. What happens if someone like Jim Sterling or TotalBiscuit get their hands on it? Saying it's an early alpha won't help, the fact is they're charging 20 for it and people are gonna have minimum expectations for that. Maybe they'll see the worth in the build and tell their viewers to keep an eye on it, but I know for a fact they will say DON'T buy it in its current state. And considering the influence they have, that could be very damaging.
    Last edited by Hellfire_WZ; 6th August 2015 at 07:08 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

It was an instant buy for me. Sure I thought as you it was an enormous risk to go early access right now with almost nothing at all, but at least we can already point out what's nice and what's bad, like the wall scrapping advantage at the moment. My guess is they need bakers and I felt guilty for not contributing with kickstarter so i rushed into this steam offer. Unreal engine is a nice choice, should give us some great results in the end. I think the physics are already great, having a blast with time trial mode, except the fact, as I said, wall scrapping is better than doing a nice airbrake push. Going back to the roots (no barrel rolls, only the best racing lines) is a nice feeling too. But yes you're right Hellfire, I'm already seeing bad reviews from steam curators and it's not good for the future. Hope they'll realize how much they were wrong soon. Million seller!!! Big hopes.

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

I think I'll wait until general release... this thread discussion has helped me to decide. Ah, so good to find a thread useful in wz after all this time - even if it isn't about wipEout...

...feck it, I have to say this. I don't believe any game attempt by any devs can top the wipEouts (w'o" fusion included). Unless they be psygnosis/SL all the way. That's what I think. But I also hope that FF will be something special. Another hope is that the weps pads haven't been designed yet (crosses fingers) and that's the reason you guys have to put up with those silly holograms instead.

Floatiness. Where the feckingham is it?

Ships...you don't get a choice of ship style? only the skin it goes in? I suppose it's more like formula1 in that sense... but that's formula1, not wipEout. Where's this spiritual successor?

So far from me, I'm impressed someways, and disappointed in others - but it's faaar too early to tell how FF is going to end up as a successor to wipEout, as you guys have rightly mentioned above. Sorry for the useless rant, i'm only going to end up repeating what I started off this post with and say, I think I'll wait until general release.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Until they fix the FOV problems, the game is very close to unplayable for me.
    The HUD is generally completely cut off by the bottom of my screen, and the craft moves so far left and right that I can't get a feel for the direction it's pointing, especially as relates to the track walls