Thread: Ship Mechanics

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Default Ship Mechanics

I was playing the emulated version of this game (essentially the downloaded version emulated on the PS3) and I noticed some slight handling differences between the actual disk (which I also have) and the downloaded version. Has anyone else noticed this? It seems like the disk version is a little more forgiving on hitting the sides of the tracks, and the braking is more responsive it would seem.

Probably has something to do with the game's speed between the two systems. I know Wipeout uses interpolation to calculate collisions, maybe the PS3 version is more accurate in calculating the collision point and velocity.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well by emulation I actually just meant the downloaded version vs the PS1 disk. Still, the digital version has a few minor differences. I think you may be right. The firmware for running PS1 disks probably does vary some from the digital engine.

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    Yoshi1996

I assume you mean wipeout 1? In the emulated version I've noticed that the air breaks completely cut out for almost half a second around one of the turns of Firestar. This has caused me to slide right into the wall many times until I learned how to deal with this.

There is lag on the PS3 version. It also feels like a mix of the pal and ntsc version