Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
    @ rushin: Please accept my deepest apologies for bringing my dispute with Sony customer service or lack thereof to this forum.

However after all, it's in no way off topic.

If you guys are happy to let Sony jerk you around with their tripe then that's fine with me.

As for me being a noob well, it's become apparent that no-one here seems to have the brain capacity to comprehend what I'm saying. (Oh sorry I don't mean to flame). I'm not disrespecting the game.

Rather i'm sad that Sony's marketing has disrespected the game with their inabillity to publish true infomation about a simple release date.
    Fixed, from someone with an obvious low brain capacity

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
    Fixed, from someone with an obvious low brain capacity
    meh who needs a brain when theres spell checkers LOL

Cheers Buddy

as for me being a noob well I it's become aparrent that no one here seems to have the brain capasity to comprehend what i'm saying (oh sorry I don't mean to flame)
    It's spelt 'capacity'.

Seriously, though, customer services were hardly likely to be able to help, when they're no wiser about a launch date than anyone else. They're in no way attached to the dev team or marketing - they're just given a list of details and dates.

Cheers Buddy
    It wasn't to help you.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

and if you guys are happy to let sony gerk you around with their tripe then thats fine with me

as for me being a noob well I it's become aparrent that no one here seems to have the brain capasity to comprehend what i'm saying
    That's enough - take a ****ing seat for a couple of days, and in the meantime try to make it out of puberty so that the members here aren't taking the brunt of your adolescent tantrums.

This was a pretty good conversation, until the complaint thing. Thanks for clearing that up Colin. I am definitely dissapointed with marketing not asking for a demo. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, in that Sony would make more money since more games would be sold. Glad to hear it is a little floatier, and the controls are in between pulse and pure. We will get a different experience from both games.
    When you guys put out those amazing screenshots, everyone wanted the game immediately.

Having learnt by reading this thread that assimilator is banned, but realising that he should still be able to read this, I say: There is an old American farming expression- ''Don't count your chickens before they've been hatched.'' It is unwise and even foolish and certainly naive to expect that everything that has been promised can be delivered. That is not how the world is. Likewise, there is no reason whatsoever for someone to receive compensation for making an effort that was purely voluntary on their own part. Wanting compensation for the time and trouble one went to to complain about an unrealistic expectation not being fulfilled? That is compounding the initial error.

Then coming here and ignoring the most major of all forum rules everywhere [Respect and do not flame] plus a minor rule for dessert, that is an indicator of pettiness and misplaced self-centredness. Flaming posters because they didn't agree with you and thereby bruised your ego? Major sign of immaturity.

[Ends ranting commentary.]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

To put an end to the current vibe in here (and to get back on topic ) - pretty much all the european playstation.com sites have updated the status on wipEout HD from 'May 2008' to 'TBC'. I guess that we can safely assume now it's DEFINITELY NOT coming in May. Well bugger. Must admit I am very disappointed, especially since my DS3 arrived yesterday.
    Now I just hope wipEout HD doesn't release anywhere between June 15th and July 1st, because that would really ruin my vacation

Release dates are always subject to change

Film
    Book
    Music
    Game

Also the sites that ran 29th may as release date will have done so in good faith, just as when I was interviewed last August in Leipzig, I said in all good faith we would be out by the end of the year (07). But circumstances change and for all the will in the world things happen beyond the control of people some large things, some small, many that to most people would seem completely un-related.

yes Collin , but most part of the frustation comes from the fact that this famous date of 29 may has just been canceled at only 10 days of the hypothetic release...
    we knew advertisements of delay at the past(especially for the video games it is frequent) but rarely also late ... of course it is Sony the faulty in this story, in this case they would do better keep silent...

what we all hope now , it is that the next date announced will be the definitive and especially in agreement with the reel advance of the product ...
    thank you to continue to take part collin
    Last edited by loxy; 20th May 2008 at 05:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I have to thank both Egg and Colin for sticking with Wipeoutzone through all the nonsense above. Seriously, I admire you guys Thanks for being here to answer our questions

All we can do now is wait, and like loxy said: hopefully the next date announced will be the real deal, so we can all rock on
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 20th May 2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Changed wording

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

@loxy: that famous date was never an official one. it came from jeux video, if i remember right, quoting an unknown source.

PSN ID
    AG-Spike

Good things come to those that wait.
    I would rather that we have a game that runs well and works the way we have been told, rather than have a game that does not run as well as we had hoped or how we had been told that it would. I like my cake baked, not when it is sloppy and uncooked

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Yes, and my plasma will almost be paid when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Ota View Post
    @loxy: that famous date was never an official one. it came from jeux video, if i remember right, quoting an unknown source.
    it was necessary official date , because it was on the sony web sites (since how many time ago the date of sony are not official? )...so, from the site which announced it, it was the date of release too from sony himself as source

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/wipeout-hd-l...tu-135502.html

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Thank you Colin and Egg for keep with this forum. As you can see, not every guys here are imature. We know that the team are doing the best work possible and we will be waiting for all the time you need to complete this game. Wish you the best luck with your work and once again, thank you. XtriKO and Spitfire2097

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Quote Originally Posted by loxy View Post
    it was necessary official date , because it was on the sony web sites
    The european Playstation sites only showed May as it did only show vague launch periods before. Nothing specific. Recently they changed it to unconfirmed. This forum casts long shadows.

never the exact date is write on playstation site...see metal gear solid 4 which release sure on 12 june...just announced "june 2008" , and "may 2008" confirm well 29 may (don't be of bad faith Ota)
    "Recently they changed it to unconfirmed"...yes, this morning...
    Last edited by loxy; 21st May 2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read the guidelines.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

There was also that PSN release sheet thing kicking around with Wipeout HD on it at the end of May, I wonder if they'll be announcing another date anytime soon.

Anyway in light of this re-scheduling I'm off to get my compensation lol!!

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Just my thoughts, but....

WipeoutHD features online play, it's one of the key elements, right?

The PS3 has no common framework accoss all games yet for chat, invites, etc, games do provide this at varing levels but it's not common across all games/devs. Many of these features are coming either a XMB update or HOME. Maybe WipeoutHD needs these new features enabled first as it's a Sony 1st party game BEFORE the online elements will work as planned.

Could this be the reason for multiple delay(s), Not WO:HD, Not SL but the core online elements that are planned for the PS3 but not out yet for whatever reason. I know that GT5p online sucks the fat one without private races, chat and the like.

Just a thought ...