Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2590

Thread: The Wipeout HD Cup

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I'm going to step down. Didn't see billychan on in the few times i got on the ps3.

Sorry everyone...

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Give over Haydn, if your making all the running trying to get in contact with him how can you step down. Who's the Raptor of your group, maybe they can get in touch with him?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    billychanxtr33m

havent gotten any psn messages from obh, please send me a date and time and i will be there

PSN ID
    kgb1971

ESP working again

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

I didn't do all the running to get in contact, I didn't find time to get on the ps3 during the few days I had it here.

I'm just going to pull out. As sad as it is to say that, I just feel ridiculous now.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Ok then. Billy & speedKang, you guys are free to arrange your division finals.
    Last edited by kanar; 16th June 2011 at 05:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    IndoorSnowStorm

Wow, the cup has taken over half a year so far! I would've never guessed it would last this long!

Kanar and others I must congratulate you on keeping the cup this organized, as I would imagine it would get quite stressful. I can't wait to see the finals!

PSN ID
    voodoostorm

awww man looks like ive missed all the fun

are you guys planning on starting another cup any time soon ??

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

anything is possible dpm though I think we'd all like to see this thing through first ^_^

PSN ID
    voodoostorm

ok cool and yeah it has taken a while for this cup

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

I think that if there ever was another cup, it'd need to have fewer players than this one. This one started out brilliantly and Kanar and all of the crew involved have done a fantastic job, however people are getting lazy and uninterested. This really should have been finished months ago, but oh well.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Totally agree DP. I applaud the ambition of aiming for 256 players, but I think it would have run smoother with only 128. Shame really; but there are still some great matches to be played.

SpeedKAng96 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Venom Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SpeedKAng96

I just spoke with billychanxtr33m, we will hit the tracks saturday this weekend. Can hardly wait for it.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
    I think that if there ever was another cup, it'd need to have fewer players than this one. This one started out brilliantly and Kanar and all of the crew involved have done a fantastic job, however people are getting lazy and uninterested. This really should have been finished months ago, but oh well.
    Definitely a good idea.
    It's still been a great feat though. I can't imagine many communities of any game have ever attempted some of the audacious things that we have

Oh, and good luck to SpeedKAng96 and billychan. Sorry I kept you guys waiting.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Amplificated

I think some of the fun was being able to include a lot of players that don't necessarily play the hell out of the game like some of us here at the 'Zone... which means they probably got knocked out early

I think as long as those guys had fun, it's not so bad. The rest of the tournament is down to a lot of people we all already know, and I suppose could be replicated at any Avalon event. It sucks that things died down a lot, but it happened after the largest amount of activity that was ever going to happen - 128 matches, nearly all of them played for round 1 - that's good going.

The PSN outage didn't help things, either.

...And I hate how this feels like I'm writing a post-mortem :S It totally isn't; GO THE REST OF THE TOURNEY, WOO!!! Still lots of good players left, even if it's taking 4+ weeks to get the matches for each round done

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

Can't wait to see the video of yeldar VS Jan, I think they're playing this weekend.

Oh and a belated congrats to Tiduch for winning his division, only just noticed the vids on his Youtube channel. Your progress in the cup shows what an all round great player you are, not just at Eliminator. Good effort mate

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

i'm taking my part of responsibilities there, as it has been said it's started smoothly but i failed miserably to keep the hype around this event and motivate the pilots enough (real life obligations and so on). Was a fool to set up a 256 pilots competition lol, as you guys said 128 would have been better and far more easier to manage. Now the major flaw was the lazy people imo. The majority of the pilots who dropped out did that for selfish reasons. Only a few minority had good reasons. Fact it was an online, round by round based comp didn't help too. So that's why I'd like to deeply thank all the pilots who respected this competition and the other pilots by playing their meetings. Definitely looking forward to the next matchups, please guys youtube vids!

Last edited by kanar; 19th June 2011 at 07:15 PM.

256 was a great idea imo, just you were too nice Since they decided to join, they knew they had to play, and maybe if you did it again, maybe a 1 or two week window per round maximum, if it is not played, then they are out (unless one wanted to play, and the other wasn't cooperating).

Timezone
    GMT -5

The amount that showed up and played was astonishing to me. Definitely not your fault at all kanar, this tournament was the best I've ever participated in. Hell, I'm still following it after being eliminated in the beginning of January.

SpeedKAng96 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Venom Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    SpeedKAng96

Default Results!!

I'm back from the Hawks division with results from the final. Here goes:

SpeedKAng96 vs. billychanxtr33m

We started off with his choices:

Syncopia - Zone battle, target 55: Billychan wins
    It was a really tight race, but I screwed up with barriers and handling

Anulpha pass FW - Zone battle, target 55: Billychan wins
    Just like Syncopia.

Sebenco Climb FW - Single race, weps on, BR's on: Billychan wins
    It was a good start, 'till he shot me down. I managed to catch up though to 1 second marginal

Then, it's my choices. All phantom speed:

Ubermall FW - Single race, weps off, BR's on: My win
    A pretty comfortble win without any weapons

Sebenco Climb RW - Single race, weps on, BR's on: My win
    Luck went my way, lots of BR's and turbos

Anulpha pass RW - Single race, weps on, BR's on: My win
    Not the best race, but I won

Then it's the RACE OF DEATH!:
    I got an early lead and held him off all the way: My win

FINAL RESULT: 4 - 3

Massive thanks to billychanxtr33m for the races, was a blast racing you!

Vids will be up tommorow