Page 73 of 130 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2590

Thread: The Wipeout HD Cup

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Sexy Stevie.

Falcon board Update

News from The ChesterKnight v Slow-Train match.

With the score at 2-2, Slow-Train left the building as he knew he was gonna get his arse kicked on Phantom, or so he says

congratulations ChesterKnight

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

wow slow-train beat? O.o never played against chesterknight before but he must be a fast bugger then

PSN ID
    R3BU5ER

Chesterknight is indeed a fast bastard, frequently racing him, always tough and close races And no, slow-train isn't rocking the phantom lol (his name says it all whehe) Too bad to throw the towel in these kind of matches though!

Good luck Chesterknight my friend, wish you the best in this tourey!

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Yeah, still not sure if he just left or they had some sort of discussion about it.

Numbers = KAN ARIS ALE GEND, What the hell is that supposed to mean?

lol good at least i spelt it right, having it printed wrong would be a monumental cock up
    the '-' in the numbers are spaces KGB

PSN ID
    kgb1971

Nah, I give up. Too complicated!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

kanar is a legend eh? true that!

eheheh true that indeed

Reminds me that i should by a white shirt too. it probably looks a bit better than the others as there seems to be a bit of an outline around the black ones

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

O..M..G. Just. read that. Nut you're nut, apologies cos' I just found that right now, you didn't have to do that jeez I'm really touched there. I'm just soo stupid for not finding that earlier. I've no words to thank you for this attention. arh the smiley ...
    Last edited by kanar; 16th January 2011 at 11:39 AM.

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Nutcase, that is a really nice touch.

PSN ID
    slow-train aka pitbulldug

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    Here is my new hoodie

And barcode is N 1 14 1B-9 19-1-12 5 7 5 14 4, is that the right?

stevie
    fk sake stin,im 100% positive i have met you! did you ever hang around the head shop in bathgate lol

Quote Originally Posted by KGB1971 View Post
    Yeah, still not sure if he just left or they had some sort of discussion about it.

Numbers = KAN ARIS ALE GEND, What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    hi dudes, to be honest i've been feeling real low all week,but me n chester had some good races,n the better man won! well played chester n best of luck m8 ; )
    Last edited by SaturnReturn; 14th January 2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Merged double post

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

OK, after many failed attempts at organizing a race date/time Abukki V's Blackwiggle match final went ahead as we both found ourselves online at the same time.
    I hosted first.
    My selections were Phantom> Weapons on> PA/BR/hints off, in my now very rusty HD AG-S.
    Chenghou rev - Blackwiggle by a lap+
    Ubermall forward [it was supposed to be Sol2 but I selected the wrong track icon, shows how long since I played seriously ]- Blackwiggle by 21.2sec
    Anulpha Reverse - I forgot that you really need BR's to take advantage of this tracks layout - Blackwiggle by 10.5 sec

Abukki's choice Phantom>Weapons/PA/BR on > hints off.
    Sol2 forward -Blackwiggle by 17.5 sec
    Metropia forward - despite a truly woeful BR attempt using a turbo going up the first bend which saw me fly off on the 3rd lap - blackwiggle by about 10 sec
    Anulpha forward - Again I got cocky and went for a "Stunt BR" while heading up the overpass which saw me fall off it, still managed to get it back.- Blackwiggle by 20+ sec

7th decider not needed.

Thanks Abukki for the races.
    I think not having PA on those first races shot your confidence, plus I had a good run of Turbos on most of those races which made it turn out like a defacto Green race.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I think timezones are proving to be an issue for me and my opponent :S

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

TO ALL FROM THE HAWKS DIVISION

By sunday all of you should know, who your opponent for the 2nd Round will be.
    Still 3 pending matches. One - if all goes well - will be done tonight. For the 2 other matches, I´m a little worried, that 2 pilots will get a (boring) Fast Pass to the next round. If the matches aren´t done in the last minute, I know who´ll get the Fast Passes: Spinninggenius and Greif - they´ve tried to get in contact with their opponents several times with no luck.
    If you already know, who you´re up against, you´re welcome to get in contact w/ each other and let "The War" begin

Just for your information:
    I´ve decided to let DjM1 pass to the 2nd Round. It was not an easy decision, believe me, and I´m still not absolutely sure, that nothing fishy was going on in the 1st Round - on the other hand: I´m not absolutely sure that something fishy was going on. For his next round/rounds I suggested to DjM1, that he should choose Phantom Speed or record his races. He immediately agreed to choose Phantom Speed.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!!!
    Last edited by JJPAP; 14th January 2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Grammar

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Slow-train, Bathgate!!!, I did played at Bathgate golf club but that was years ago!!!

Looks like we had manage to established the arrangements for tomorrow.

stevie

PSN ID
    kgb1971

My in-laws used to live in Bathgate, I wonder if we were all in the same shop at some point

*on topic*

No Falcon Update

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Result from the Kestrel Division - Round 2:

Dark_Phantom_89 Vs UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to film this one so I thought I'd do a running commentary instead and post the times.

UB3R'S CHOICES:

Moa Therma Forward, Weps On - A very close race to start things off. We were both neck and neck until around Lap 4 when I was able to pull away with a boost. "Damn, UB3R's got some good skills" I was thinking to myself.
    Dark_Phantom_89: 2.01.72
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE: 2.04.xx

Metropia Forward, Weps On - Another fine performance by UB3R who hit me with a very well placed lapped bomb and was able to keep up with me for the majority of the race.
    Dark_Phantom_89: 1.45.76
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE: 1.48.43

Vineta K Forward, Weps On - Boosts galore here for both of us. UB3R hit me with a quake whilst I was in mid air and it nearly sent me flying off but I was able to recover. Another great match.
    Dark_Phantom_89: 1.40.10
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE: 1.43.17

DARK_PHANTOM_89'S CHOICES:

Chenghou Project Reverse, Weps On - A quick quake from me sent me into the lead, however UB3R retaliated with a missle half a lap later and zoomed off ahead. I was able to catch up thanks to a boost but UB3R was still hot on my tail throughout.
    Dark_Phantom_89: 1.58.45
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE: 2.01.84

Sebenco Climb Forward, Weps Off - A nice clean race this one seeing as there were no weapons used.
    Dark_Phantom_89: 2.00.26
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE: 2.04.62

Modesto Heights Reverse, Weps On - I had a nice run here and was almost able to beat my PB. UB3R performed excellent throughout.
    Dark_Phantom_89: 1.42.87
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE: 1.49.14

DEFAULT RACE - This was a good one. UB3R boosted off to an early lead and lead up until Lap 3 when I was able to catch him up. We were neck and neck going into Lap 4 and I decided to take a risk and try the overpass BR on the final straight to get ahead. It didn't work and UB3R went ahead to win the race. Well done dude.
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE: 1.43.33
    Dark_Phantom_89: 1.46.78

Final Scores:
    Dark_Phantom_89 6 - 1 UB3R-BR3NDAGE

UB3R was a great sport as well as a true gentleman and it was an absolute pleasure to race with him.
    Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 14th January 2011 at 04:44 PM.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

Well DP, What an incredible race series even just seeing you race was something incredible. Having never had a 1-on-1 with you the wait was defos worth it. I may have been beaten but I'm not gutted because I had a helluvqa time and this is what this cup is about, am I right!? Well done DP you truly deserved that victory and I'm backing you to light this cup alight with skills like that

I'd like to say thanks to all the fellow raptors, everyone competing, everyone who's helped out in pre for the cup and mist importantly the legendary Kanar! I'm relatively new to the WO Universe and getting the chance to help make this cup happen as a raptor was an unmissable oppertunity...so thanks everyone, thanks so much!

I'm stillgonna be around to do my duties and make sure my side of the cup runs as smoothly as possible

Remaining pilots and competitors, race with passion and might, let's make this cup something incredible with some crazy ass racing...Let's make Marcus proud

WipEout Community FTW

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Skills mate. Avalon cup early exit avenged in style

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
    (Had to set my alarm clock before diving into the depths of Google Translate ...)

A new result from The Hawks Division:

Z1(I will never spell my good friend´s name correctly)EI has just beaten VENEZUELA70 5 to 1.

Some very tight races at Rapier Speed (V70´s choices) and some rather nice performances (!) by Z1 at Phantom Speed (Z1´s choices)

I think that is the result, but I was only a ghost sipping red ... Well, it´s friday - isn´t it?

Grats to Z1 and a lot of thanks to VENEZUELA70, who is indeed a very fast guy!!!

Cheers

BTW! I recorded the races (as a non-moving ghost w/ text box overlay), but I´m pretty sure no one would like to see them - (unless they´re completely out of their mind) ..........................
    Last edited by JJPAP; 14th January 2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: BTW