Page 71 of 130 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2590

Thread: The Wipeout HD Cup

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JJPAP

Great Kanar

Narren vs ShellNewbie is listed in the Hawks Division in the updated hub, but they´re not Hawks ... (Unless something has completely slipped my mind, which is a possibility, I have to admit ... lol)

So pending matches in The Hawks Division (and status):
    Greif vs Zelenious - Greif has done his share, so unless Zelenious reacts, Greif will get a Fast Pass.
    Z1R0REI vs Venezuela70 - The hardest match I ever tried to arrange! Which reminds me of I better continue my spanish lessons in a moment ... I have high hopes, though!
    Youhippy_ vs Spinninggenius - Spinninggenius has done his share, so unless Youhippy_ reacts, Spinninggenius will get a Fast Pass.

PSN ID
    UB3R-BR3NDAGE

SonicChaosX:
    I have messaged my available times and tracks to FunkyMunkyy and he has not responded to me with what times work for him. It's been a week now and wanted to update you on the situation.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    dobyblue

Quote Originally Posted by kanar View Post
    ROUND 1 OVERTIMES :
    Merlin
    Hycran Vs Dobyblue
    Played tonight, sorry for taking so long. Had a good battle with Hycran, had one network crash during my 1st hosting on lap 4/5, with Hycran leading, but he won on the replay so that was good.

Hycran:

Sebenco Climb Forward (Phantom/Weapons On): dobyblue
    Sol 2 Forward (Phantom/Weapons On): Hycran
    Ubermall Forward (Rapier/Weapons On): dobyblue

dobyblue:

Metropia Reverse (Phantom/Weapons On): Hycran
    Ubermall Reverse (Phantom/Weapons On): dobyblue
    Ubermall Forward (Phantom/Weapons Off): dobyblue

Won the 6th game by only 0.47s, very close call!

Result: dobyblue 4 - 2 Hycran

Thanks to R3BU5ER for lighting a flame under my ass!
    Last edited by dobyblue; 11th January 2011 at 02:51 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Raced with ACE-FLO tonight, here are the results:

Unctuous:
    Talon's Junction R (Phantom / Weapons Off) : Unctuous
    The Amphiseum R (Phantom / Weapons Off) : Unctuous
    Metropia F (Phantom / Weapons Off) : Unctuous

ACE-FLO:
    Talon's Junction F (Flash / Weapons On) : ACE-FLO
    Anulpha Pass F (Flash / Weapons On) : ACE-FLO
    Tech De Ra R (Flash / Weapons On) : ACE-FLO

Final Match:
    Anulpha Pass F (Rapier / Weapons On) : ACE-FLO

4 : 3 - ACE-FLO

Needless to say I was utterly rocked and completely outclassed in Flash, while I had absolutely no problems on Phantom. ACE-FLO was barrel rolling all over my ass and I could barely keep up. Final match was an incredible win by ACE-FLO .07 ahead of me. Very close all the way through.

Great games ACE-FLO, but now you had better not lose to anybody or I will never forgive myself.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    Koleax

Hi. Sorry about being MIA. The holiday season was crazy and it's been so long since I played, I know that I'd suck. I've been trying to get some other games in before I buy a 3D TV in March, which is when I'll probably start playing Wipeout all the time again.

Also, I really did not feel comfortable participating in an event that is dedicated to a suicide, particularly one so public. That may sound insensitive to some, but I feel very principled about that.

try to think of it more as it being dedicated to a high flyer

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Thanks for the supporting words team mates It was indeed a tough race. Especially so because I'm not in the same shape I used to be, which wasn't all that fast to begin with ;>

It looks like the mad dutchies are dropping one by one.. Mad-Ice, Saturn and Yeldar, keep up the wicked insane lines and take them to the finals ;D

Thanks to everyone who have organised this great event and to all who participate. And also to the ones responsible for the great artwork! I've loved anticipating and watching all the promotional video's

Good luck to all the pilots that are still competing and to the cup management for keeping it together

p.s. I've just finished uploading my video's at http://www.youtube.com/AnErare/

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

For the next round, I would like (maybe it's just me) the 7th race to be Phantom and not a noob track.
    This is the world cup, not the cup of Gourin !

(Gourin = very little tiny tiny "city" where I grew up )

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Javariko

Nah everyone's got to have a chance of winning the 7th race, that's the idea behind it, and Anulpha Pass requires the least skill so anyone can win it...

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Wow, Asayyeah, AnErare and Kanar out already!!?? What a shock! What happened to the mighty Kanar that almost made it to the final of the Avalon cup? And no worries AnErare; Peh-Hok's no slacker! Congrats to all though. Taken me ages to read through all that! Great reading as always

Oh, and Temet mate, this is why we have the final race as Rapier / AP anyone can win!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

ap forward is the most played track afaik (remember the wo demo), & rapier is the most balanced class (well my 2 cents there). That's why I thought it could be a great decider track/class. But remember guys, & sorry btw maybe I havn't talked about that enough;

If both pilots agree on another 7th decider round, they're free to go. AP forward/rapier/weapon is just the default choice.

Aww thanks OBH, well even if I lost, I spent a great time wth Tar-Elendil online. Tbh I can only blame myself cos I havent practiced enough, my opponent was too good for a rusty guy like me...
    Last edited by kanar; 11th January 2011 at 09:49 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ericd7m

We did a good match with Concrete_d on sunday.
    Some closed races and a happy end for me on modesto heights
    Thanks for the races and for the report you did.
    See you soon in a rapier or in a phantom room
    Here are the videos of our match:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxkaLWxTB-M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk1TMVMjfSQ

PSN ID
    Reezellthia

Reezellthia vs Klocki_Lego 2nd Round match.

Klocki's Choices, all rapier class, weapons on:
    Vineta K Rev - Klocki wins
    Sebenco Climb - Klocki wins
    Modesto Heights Rev - Klocki wins

Reezellthia's Choices, rapier class, weapons off.
    Metropia Rev - Klocki wins
    Vineta K Rev - Klocki wins
    Zone battle, Tech De Ra Rev - Klocki wins

Dayam, Klocki raced almost flawless. He admitedly got a few speed boosts on his 1st race, which ironically I felt was my best chance of winning on his set of races.
    Then I barrel rolled myself to death on sebenco, as once I got behind I knew I had to do something special to catch up. I blew up and ended up losing by 10 second or so
    And modesto, well, thats not really my best track, he pwnt me

On my races they were alot closer, I missed a BR on Metropia 1st lap and that was that. I stayed within a couple of seconds of him ready to pounce if he made a mistake, but he never did. Fair play to him.
    Vineta K was close too. I knew I had to hit every speed pad but unfortunately that meant I scraped a few walls, but still managed to finish within a couple of seconds.
    And then my forté, a zone battle which even Klocki didn't expect to win. He threw some well placed barriers and didn't let up once he got ahead. A very well deserved win.

Overall good races, I expect Klocki to go far in this tournament!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

As you wish.
    It's was not for my own match, I have no chance but I'll race happily
    Actually, I don't think the 7th round will be necessary for me

PSN ID
    gordo31874

Right
    Gordo against Pirhapac
    Gordo 7 -0 Pirabot.

No. Not really. In actual fact the race was as far away from that as possible.
    It was a pleasure to follow such clean lines. Even when I (rarely) put in a perfect lap, he still pulled a second ahead. I knew that I was not fast, but crikey, the top level is a world apart! I just wouldn't like to race him on Blur!
    So, real results:

7-0 to Pira

CP Fwd, phantom, all on.
    Looking forward to this one, but boosted off track after haripin on first lap, and lost all composure after that. Pira raced immaculately and finished 10 seconds ahead. What a start on one of my favourite tracks!

Seb fwd all on.
    Pira finished 15 seconds ahead. No comment!

Seb rev all on.
    Only raced this 27 times. Results were predictable.
    Pira finished 20 seconds ahead.

Sol2 fwd BR off, weps on
    Really close this one, less than a second in it, I think Pira might have fallen off!
    I hit a PB, almost good enough, but he might have been playing with me!

Met fwd, BR off, weps on
    I love this track, especially the complex before mag strip. Pira pulled away and a stream of perfect laps from me still just couldn't get any closer.
    Pira by 4 seconds. My god this man is quick.

Moa fwd 8 laps, BR on, weps off.
    Pira carefully rationed his BRs here, and again was untouchable. I imagine he was hardly breaking a sweat, but still pulled away at a second a lap.
    Pira by 8 seconds

Anulpha.
    Can't remember, but again, I was thrashed. at least 4 seconds I think.

Overall Pira is a machine, good luck to him for the rest of the comp.

Kanar. Massive props for setting this up. Really, Chapeau!
    Production team, thanks some stunning efforts for teasers etc.
    wipeoutzone. One of the few great game communities on the internet. You all deserve respect
    Last edited by gordo1974; 11th January 2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Gahhhh Pirah is converted to internal view !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

lol leung, arh what a cool log Gordo, a real nice ode to Pira lol, sure he'll love to read that eh eh. jeez seems like he's in nice condition, which is tbh awesome news for the competition. Big thanks for playing your round guys, Gordo I feel like you atm, we both were kicked out way too much earlier... Would have prefered an MIA player instead of Tar-Elendil ah ah (jokin, was a good moment anyway).

Big thanks to Klocki & Reezy too, good to see the second round on its way!
    Last edited by kanar; 13th January 2011 at 08:24 PM.

I supposed to enter the 2nd round but finally Tug_14 wrote me back yesterday and we flew today. Both of us wasn't prepared very well so he the same as me was doing silly mistakes, but I think Tug woke up cos on his tracks I was sniffing his smoke...

Sick_Martin Vs Tug_14
    1:5

Weapons On, Hud weapon hints Off, Phantom.

My tracks:
    Vineta K Rev - Me
    Moa Rev - Tug
    Metropia Rev - Tug

Tugs tracks:
    Sol 2 Rev - Tug
    Amphi Fwd - Tug
    C.Project Fwd - Tug

The first race brought a big smile on my face as I won by 3sec at least, 3.8 or something, On Moa... well, I don't know how, but he won, perfect laps didn't help, boosts from WP didn't help, just sucks. Metropia was interesting cos in 2nd lap I donged one of the filars on the side of the track and I was hanging in the air for around 5 seconds, I've done BR in that time and then was catching up one second per lap but it didn't work... just stupid mistake

On his tracks it was something like... 3, 2, 1, Go! oh, where did he go? so nothing exciting... Fiasco I would say, propably he used all the shortcuts

The wondering thing is that he didn't use any weapons against me while I was shooting at him all the time, not like nonstop so he could fight me back, very good pilot, even though he didn't play for 2 months he took the win!

Good luck in next round to everyone
    Last edited by Sick_Martin; 11th January 2011 at 10:04 PM.

PSN ID
    triboy

Damn mate, I was counting on You Looks like we must start practice on Zen Level <oommmmmm> <oommmmmmm> <ooommmmmmmmmmm>

Owl Cloud
    Shapealot won his match with Trinity17 6-0
    Fuye3 - Slawolk
    Slawolk didn't replay messages, so I think that he's quit. Edit: I talked with Slawolk, Fuye3 didn't answered to Slawolk, I'll check this case tomorrow.
    Guanabanakupa - GrzesPL
    Guanabanakupa is offline couple days, but befere he told me that he want's to fly.
    Freeman1021 - Raagentreg
    Raaga got problems with PS3, but should be in game in this week (I hope so

+ I have info about Buzzard Cloud
    timo862 - Krzysztof1999
    Timo quits from the Cup.
    Last edited by triboy; 12th January 2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: change in the situation

PSN ID
    Tiduch

Can I choose eliminator event if my opponent agrees on this?