Page 36 of 87 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Random HD Questions that don't need a thread of their own.

PSN ID
    Hemicrania

the 4 zone tracks in fury as normal ones...I want it...NOW!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Server is offline? I got kicked and can't connect anymore.

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

Possible reason

could be it. don't actually know what the date is atm....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

No, I'm still connected to the PSN.
    Still can't get online on WipEout HD.
    "Mistywing" PSN ID works fine though.

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Works fine now... o_0
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 29th July 2009 at 01:14 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

Default Tirgon.??

Well while waiting on the starting grid last night for the last person to connect into the race (took over a minute due to thier d/c/leaving), I had a chance to look around the track(Metropia fwd) as it displayed it for us. And something caught my eye...One of the billboards showed was a Tigron advertisement..

I highly doubt it, but do my eyes decieve me?
    I'm almost sure it was not EG-X.

So what would be the purpose of the Tigron ad?
    -What role do they play in WOHD if they are not a racing team?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    motorsagmannen

ye i noticed that add myself, even took a nice picture. a true wtf moment indeed

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Well the dam in sebenco climb (or w/e it is) has a gigantic van uber logo on it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Tri-gon logo on Metropia too

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    NightArh

Hm... Its pity wipeouthddotcom site isnt updated to Fury for look on all this stuff

PSN ID
    Amorbis

The Tigron billboard is very visible whilst racing on Metropia Reverse, just before the vertical-crazy-hill-thing if you glance to your right you should see it. I've attached an image of it below for easier viewing (I didn't take the photo, I found it on Google Images so thanks to whoever took it!)

You should also note that the billboard looks 'old', as though it's been there since the 2197 FX300 league .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

that issues about tigron - van uber billboards around some tracks was old stuff, was highly argued since last winter, anyway my question...

with all that frame drops, stutters and tearing with the new fury tracks, what i can do? it has become unbearable

p.s. only in the 4 fury tracks

How the bloody hell can the AI shoot me with the canon while I'm in mid-air SUCCESFULLY attempting the amphiseum shortcut?! grrrrrrrrrrrr

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Some of the AI in the game a shapeshifting bastards, i wonder too sometimes how the bloody hell did that ship achieve that, happens all too often.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

Quick question from me about playlists. Can't see it answered elsewhere.

I love the music that comes with HD/Fury but would like to have a playlist that incorporated both the default game music, and my own custom tracks.

Now obviously I could do this by buying the default tracks and adding them to my playlist - but since they're already on the PS3 hard drive somewhere, I was wondering if it's possible to somehow find the files, and add them to the custom playlist?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hook up PS3 to audio line in on computer using this + this + this

Start a race with sound effects at 0%, and music effects off.
    Select music in audio options.

On computer, download Audacity and do the following:
    In your sound card drivers, make sure that the line in is not muted, to do so check the "Recording" or "Input" section of your sound card control panel, and adjust so that only the line in you are using and the master control volumes are up. Keep it open too, you might need to adjust this volume later so that it doesn't overshoot in Audacity (You'll find out when you press record, if the blue waves on the Audacity interface aren't tall enough, put the volume in your control panel higher, if they are too high, bring it down.)
    Open Audacity, do Ctrl+P, switch to "File formats." You want to set it for the music format you prefer, for quality. You want to use MP3 for the PS3, so you will need lame_enc.dll, download and extract anywhere on your PC, you will have to leave it there after. Click "Find Library" in Audacity and locate the lame_enc.dll file.
    Now also in Audacity, in the preferences, switch to "Audio I/O" tab, under the "Recording" section and select your line in where you plugged in your PS3. Sometimes, depending on sound card model, it will divide every input, sometimes it will just say sound card name. Choose number of Channels you want to record (Custom soundtracks on PS3 play only on Stereo.)

Once everything is set, press the record button in Audacity, and start your race. Fool around until the end of the music, press the stop button. Trim the audio track of the silence bits by selecting (Just click and drag, very instinctive) and pressing the Delete key. You can undo with Ctrl+Z.
    If there is noise on the line in you are using, try another (If possible) or use the noise removal filter. Select a silent bit with only noise, go to "Effect" and select "Noise Removal", click "Get Noise Profile" and then select the whole song, go to "Noise Removal" again under "Effect", adjust slider until you get a good noise removal without song distortion (This can be hard to do, so best to use a line in with no noise.)

just a quick question (again):
    you know how you get people who want other people to beat zico for them (amongst other things)? they get somewhat frowned upon yes? does it still count as the same sort of thing if you tell them exactly what to do and when? cos i may have helped a certain someone who was staying at my house and he managed to beat zico after 10 laps and he'd only been playing WO for 3 days (not actualy gametime)..... is that normal?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

NO it is not normal.

Charge him a fee......say a new pair of shoes for you....[not Churches brogues]

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    DividedXZero

@DD777

I did a similiar thing to get the Fusion tracks, but i Windows Media center, so i hooked up my ps2 (no differenty than doing the ps3). Recorded a race (video+audio) and i used a freeware program Virtual dub that just strips the audio from any video. But it does it in *.wav, but i converted the wav into an .mp3.

**But i never distributed anything, it stays as part of my personal collection of music.
    Last edited by DividedXZero; 30th July 2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling error

Timezone
    GMT + 1

can some1 explain what "bsb" is/was?
    i stumbled upon the expression here and there.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

barrel roll - select - barrel roll

It was a TT and SL techniques that Leungbok or Pacman created to cut down of record times.