PDA

View Full Version : Ideas/Challenges for Playing on Your Own

True Endurance
9th June 2015, 03:19 AM
Hey guys,

If anyone is looking for something to change up their play style or add new challenges to their WipEout experience, feel free to post them here. I know a lot of you probably have most of the Elite medals and trophies knocked out for HD/Fury and - since the servers are lacking at times - I've started working on some new things in order to keep my play time feeling like new. Something I've been working on for the past couple of weeks has been to start getting 100000 loyalty for all of the teams. I've been going through the HD campaign using a specific team's original ship, then moving on to the Fury campaign using the Fury ship of that team. So far I've knocked out AG Systems, Piranha and Qirex, bringing my full loyalty status to five ships. If you have some time and experience you can knock out large chunks of the campaign in one go. It's also a good way to get familiarized with all of the ships and choose which one you really like. I usually just went off of which ones visually appealed to me but now I'll really get to know which are my favorites. Using a ship heavily in all types of game modes, then switching to a new team, is a pretty different experience every time and keeps the game interesting, although I've had no problems with boredom throughout the years. I wanted to throw this idea out their for anyone looking for something new to try and if anyone has any similar ideas or ways to alter play experience, post it.

Fly High, friends.

- - - Updated - - -

I realized that this thread doesn't fit in here so I'll move it elsewhere.

AGgamer
9th June 2015, 07:55 AM
How about this: Perfect Flight Zone Battle.

The clear requirements for this one are simple. In Zone Battle, reach Zone 55 on Elite difficulty without taking ANY damage. That means walls, collisions, falls, and barriers. I've been practicing to get this for a while but I cant quite manage. It's really fun to try and get this.

mannjon
9th June 2015, 06:20 PM
I'd be happy enough to just see someone else out there online racing. Nothing but Eliminator lobbies here in Central US Time Zone. Apparently no one races anymore. :(

Maciek1704
21st June 2015, 06:57 PM
Reach Zone 100 in Wipeout Pure.

Progress - 9529

AGgamer
16th September 2015, 01:39 AM
Here's a challenge: Play Single Races or Tournaments with Elite difficulty and weapons ON and you are not allowed to use weapons, absorb weapons, or barrel roll. Once you get your first weapon, that's it, don't use it or absorb it. If it's a leech beam or missile you can quickly absorb it to shut up the annoying lock-on sound, but other than that, nothing. I find it makes races a lot more intense and I find myself worrying over my shields in races were the CPU get aggressive.

I did a 12 race tournament with these restrictions in place and it was super fun to have a new level of difficulty! It's still pretty simple most of the time to pull a victory, but it's a step up. There's a lot of satisfaction to completing a race without using any weapons at all!