PDA

View Full Version : Let's pressure Sony to rerelease XL/3 as PS One Classics

purist284
5th May 2015, 03:35 AM
For far too long, those of us who aren't lucky enough to still have working copies of XL/2097 and Wip3out have been suffering - only able to purchase the original WipEout to enjoy on PS3/Vita. I'm not holding my breath for a PS Now release, I don't really care about that service, and don't have a good internet connection anyhow, so streaming games will probably be a hassle for me.

I just want my PS One WipEout collection completed, as I have every intention of using it for years to come on my PS3 and Vita. To this end, may I suggest that you all log in and comment on my topic over at the Playstation forums here (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS-One-Classics-wishlist/m-p/45013832).

Cheers, everyone.

AGgamer
5th May 2015, 04:11 AM
The problem with WipEout 2097 and 3 is that they contain licensed music. They probably would have released them as PS One classics had this not been the case. Wip3out SE has a small chance since it has a soundtrack made specifically for it by Sasha along with licensed music. They would have to remove the original soundtrack and leave the extras in, which would be a hassle.

I agree with you that these games deserve the re-release, but they probably won't go through the trouble.

tigrou
7th May 2015, 01:17 PM
Couldn't they release the game with different soundtrack/ sponsors as they did for Saturn version ?

dmcclusky1234
13th May 2015, 06:49 PM
They should Add it since I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to play wipeout 3 on the Psvita.Hope that they release the dlc

Anonanon
21st June 2015, 10:00 PM
Couldn't they release the game with different soundtrack/ sponsors as they did for Saturn version ?

You can swap out CD audio tracks for other music (Cold Storage would be appropriate), and Sony can also compress CD audio using Atrac to author it for PSN. However Sony doesn't have the source files of the actual game so music title tracks can be changed. Besides, changing content this much goes against their policy I think. It wouldn't really be Tony Hawk if they suddenly released a Tony Hawk with completely unrelated rock covers, for example.

The Mammalizer
26th April 2016, 07:42 PM
if anything they will put it on their subscription service, but I doubt it