PDA

View Full Version : PSVita firmware 3.50 introduces remapping button layout.

JFthebestJan
26th March 2015, 04:17 PM
hey folks, the latest firmware update for the vita allows to remap all buttons to your personal liking.
that's awesome news for everyone who has struggled with the default button layouts of 2048.
additionally the firmware adds an inverted colour mode, which is very awesome for 2048s zone mode.
what are you waiting for, go for it, and try it by yourself

Ace3000
27th March 2015, 09:40 AM
Huh, Inverted Zone mode is really trippy, if standard Zone mode wasn't trippy enough! XD

JABBERJAW
27th March 2015, 02:06 PM
Great news! I'll pull the Vita out of retirement this weekend. I never got to play 2048 with the controls I really wanted. Now we need the vita TV to play ALL the games.

Ace3000
27th March 2015, 02:08 PM
Yeah, it sucks that the TV can only play several games

JABBERJAW
29th March 2015, 01:57 AM
Button remapping does not work as it should. You have to swap buttons, so if you put R to L, L has to go to R. Not that I would do this, but the way it is set up, putting buttons where you want will not work. A really bad oversight as there is no reason not to put them where you like.

JFthebestJan
30th March 2015, 09:33 PM
Button remapping does not work as it should. You have to swap buttons, so if you put R to L, L has to go to R. Not that I would do this, but the way it is set up, putting buttons where you want will not work.

that's not correct at all, you can remap all buttons like you want, with the only exception that the left stick can only be swapped with the right stick.

just as an example:
x -> R
[] -> L
/_\ -> O
O -> x
R -> []
L -> ^
> -> /_\
^ -> v
v -> <
< -> >

JABBERJAW
31st March 2015, 01:16 AM
It shows that it changed correctly on the screen, but it does not stay like that within the game, it just swaps the same buttons.

JFthebestJan
31st March 2015, 01:33 AM
strange, i've not experienced any problems so far.

JABBERJAW
31st March 2015, 11:19 AM
You are right, I am an idiot :). I was reading the button changing screen the opposite way. I thought that the left button was headed to go onto the right button. Then I assumed it was that reason. I should have seen it, but was already frustrated at the beginning. I think I swapped the first two buttons, they worked of course, then was trying to put the left button to the right and it wasn't going, that was what fooled me.

The game is much better for me now as I can use two brakes.

blackwiggle
2nd April 2015, 06:03 AM
Great news! I'll pull the Vita out of retirement this weekend. I never got to play 2048 with the controls I really wanted. Now we need the vita TV to play ALL the games.

Hopefully this system update might make playing 2048 possible on a PSTV in the near future.
I think now the controls can be remapped it would only need Sony to make a patch to unlock 2048 for use on the PSTV ....I bought a download copy of 2048 from the PStore just in case this ever happened....one step closer to having nearly 4.5 WO games installed on one console.

leungbok
2nd April 2015, 08:34 AM
i'll check this thread regularly 8)

Amaroq Dricaldari
18th April 2015, 05:24 AM
It is a shame they don't allow you to remap the start and select buttons to, or give you as much freedom as for emulated PS1 games. If I could do those things, then triangle would flip my ship (to prevent accidental flips when I try to accelerate), select to change the camera (as in the PSP games), and up on the right stick to do nothing at all.

JFthebestJan
18th April 2015, 11:07 AM
do it like i did, just switch the sticks + play with d-pad. it's super comfortable in my view

edit: photo was taken with the PSVitas screenshot function (home button + start button at the same time).