PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter

Hellfire_WZ
28th February 2015, 06:26 PM
Kickstarter campaign is now live (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/formulafusion/formula-fusion-next-gen-anti-gravity-racing-game)

The £35,000 target has now been met. Further pledges will now go towards stretch goals

If you are a TPP subscriber and you pledge a minimum of £20, as well as the rewards for the tier you pledge to you will additionally receive the £15 Artiste reward free as well as an extra copy of the game to gift to someone.

Pledge rewards as follows:

Pledge £1 or more

Our thanks and appreciation! We'll list your name on our "Supported By" page.

Pledge £5 or more

+ Get your hands on an in-game exclusive Kickstarter-backer craft
this reward

Pledge £15 or more

THE ARTISTE
+ Kickstarter-backer craft
+ High-resolution backer wallpaper for your PC.
+ A digital PDF download of ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’ featuring concepts, technical drawings, pixel art and a world map of the game.
+ Your name in the credits

Pledge £15 or more

+ Kickstarter backer-craft skin
+ Premium Gold-backer craft skin

Pledge £20 or more

THE BEAT-BOXER
+ Kickstarter-backer craft
+ A digital download of the soundtrack
+ A digital PDF download of ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’ featuring concepts, technical drawings, pixel art and a world map of the game
+ Your name in the credits

Pledge £20 or more

Get a standalone digital copy of the game for your PC!

Pledge £20 or more

THE CONSOLE GAME BACKER
Digital:
+ Name in Credits
+ A Kickstarter backer craft
+ A digital copy of the game - for Playstation 4
+ Delivery TBC - See Stretch Goal
+ Booster Packs Purchased will be for Console

Pledge £30 or more

THE DESIGNERS REPUBLIC ADD-ON
+ Exclusive artwork from ‘The Designers Republic’
+ An A3 ‘The Designers Republic’ Poster
+ A digital download of retro craft skins for your game
+ An A3 sheet of team vinyls for your car (or wherever else!)
+ An A3 sheet of stickers (all team logos – designed by tDR)
(does not include game).
(Add £5 shipping to EU; £10 Rest of the world)

Pledge £30 or more

THE R8 GAMES ADD-ON
+ Exclusive Kickstarter Speed Test Track, ‘Oval’, dressed with banners displaying our backers’ names
+ Your name highlighted in the pilot leaderboards
+ A cosmetic in-game pack for your game
+ A high-resolution A3 Formula Fusion poster
(does not include game).

Pledge £35 or more

Get a digital copy of the game for your PC plus a digital download of the soundtrack ft. Dub FX and CoLD SToRAGE, a digital PDF download of the concept art book, the Kickstarter backer craft and your name in the credits.

Pledge £60 or more

£60 THE KICKSTARTER FAN PACK
+ A digital download of the game for your PC
+ The exclusive Kickstarter backer craft
+ A digital download (PDF) of the concept art book ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’
+ Your choice of a Formula Fusion t-shirt designed by ‘The Designers Republic’
+ A pack of stickers (A4 sheet)
+ A high-resolution poster (A3) for your wall!

Pledge £60 or more

THE DUO:
THE DESIGNERS REPUBLIC ADD-ON plus THE R8 GAMES ADD-ON.
(this tier does not include the game - see tier below)

Pledge £80 or more

THE DUO 2:
THE DESIGNERS REPUBLIC ADD-ON plus THE R8 GAMES ADD-ON plus a digital copy of the game for your PC!

Pledge £100 or more

THE DIGITAL COLLECTORS PACKAGE
+ A digital PDF download of ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’
+ Exclusive artwork from ‘The Designers Republic’
+ A high-resolution A3 ‘The Designers Republic’ poster
+ A digital download of retro craft skins in-game
+ The exclusive Kickstarter Speed Test Track, ‘Oval’
+ Your name in the credits.
(does not include the game)

Pledge £150 or more - NOW AVAILABLE AGAIN

Limited to 150
SAME AS ABOVE BUT PHYSICAL:
THE COLLECTORS PACKAGE (PHYSICAL):
+ Exclusive artwork from The Designers Republic
+ A jewel-case edition of the soundtrack with art designed by tDR
+ A hardback edition of ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’
+ A high-resolution A3 tDR poster
(does not include game)

Pledge £250 or more

Limited to 100
SAME ITEMS AS ABOVE, BUT SIGNED!
THE SIGNATURE COLLECTORS PACKAGE:
+ Exclusive artwork from and signed by The Designers Republic
+ An A3 sheet of team vinyls for your car (or wherever else!), signed by the devs
+ An A3 sheet of stickers (all team logos – designed by tDR), signed by the devs
+ Your choice of a Formula Fusion t-shirt designed by ‘The Designers Republic’, signed by the devs and tDR
+ A jewel-case edition of the soundtrack with art designed by tDR, signed by the developers, tDR and Dub FX.
+ A hardback edition of ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’, signed by the devs
+ A high-resolution A3 Formula Fusion poster, signed by the devs
+ A high-resolution A3 ‘The DR poster, signed by tDR

Pledge £500 or more

Limited to 5
THE SIGNATURE COLLECTOR PACKAGE
+ Custom concept art piece designed by our concept artist.

Pledge £750 or more

Limited to 22
THE SIGNATURE COLLECTOR PACKAGE plus:
+ Be a sponsor of one of our tracks! Get your name on track banners and loading screens as an official owner of the track. 22 tracks available.

Pledge £1,000 or more

Limited to 10
DESIGN-A-PILOT
THE SIGNATURE COLLECTORS PACKAGE PLUS
+ we'll help you to design your own pilot skin! Show off to your friends in the in-game garage and stand out from the crowd. (10 out of 10)

Pledge £1,250 or more

Limited to 2
+ spend a day with the developers at R8 Games!
+ we'll help you to design a hero piece (such as a statue or building) for inclusion in the game!

Pledge £1,500 or more - GONE

Limited to 1
+ spend two days with the developers at R8 Games!
+ On day 1, you'll get to playtest never-before-seen builds of the game and a night out and dinner with the team.
+ On day 2, you'll be helping us to design one of the 21 tracks featured in the game!

Pledge add-ons:

£5 - Digital download of Kickstarter Backer Craft Skin
£10 - Digital download of Elite Class Backer Craft Skin
£7 - Digital download of Kickstarter Speed Test Track, 'Oval' (dressed with backer names)
£15 - Physical A4 Limited Edtion tDR poster (limited availability)
£10 -- Physical A4 Formula Fusion Poster (your choice of 10 available)
£10 -- Physical A3 Formula Fusion Poster (your choice of # available)
£15 -- Physical A2 Formula Fusion Poster (your choice of # available)
£10 -- Physical A4 sheet of stickers of all 10 team logos
£7 -- Digital download of the soundtrack, produced by Dub FX ft. CoLD SToRAGE.
£15 -- Jewel case version of the soundtrack, produced by Dub FX ft. CoLD SToRAGE.
£7 -- ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’ PDF digital download: Features concepts, pixel art, early sketches, technical drawings and a world map. 8.5”x12”
£10 -- ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’ Softback book: Features concepts, pixel art, early sketches, technical drawings and a world map. 8.5”x12”
£30 -- ‘The Art of Formula Fusion’ hardback book download: Features concepts, pixel art, early sketches, technical drawings and a world map. 8.5”x12”
£20 -- Formula Fusion T-shirt (choice of # available) – sizes XS-XXXL
£30 -- Formula Fusion Hoodie (choice of # available) – sizes XS-XXXL
£30 - Digital download of THE DESIGNERS REPUBLIC ADD-ON
£30 - Digital download of THE R8 GAMES ADD-ON
£20 - Get a digital copy of the game for your PC!
£60 – Boxed Special Edition version of the game with bonus art from The Designers Republic
£150 -- 3D Printed Model of the FF4000 craft (limited availability)

Cipher
1st March 2015, 02:22 PM
Posters, miniature versions of their ships, TDR design stuff, special thank you card form the dev team, art book, Art + development book, miniatures of iconic ingame stuff (eg for wipeout; a speed pad/weapon pad, curly, the panda thingy on uber, the cat from the 2097 intro,...)

There's lots of stuff you can do, they should take a look at some other kickstarter games, see what they have to offer, but those are the first ones that come to mind, personally i'm not really a fan of the real high priced stuff, but if they want to do that, it could be a visit at the office and meet with the dev team or something like that

Cipher

Ace3000
1st March 2015, 02:46 PM
Papermodels. People seemed to like the WipEout Pure ones.

blackwiggle
12th March 2015, 05:48 AM
A ring you could wear, like a Superbowl winners ring.
Obviously a cheaper 3D printed version in team of choice colours, to retain detail, as molded stuff tends to look really cheap and natty.

Mikahail
23rd April 2015, 03:47 PM
Kickstarter is on : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/formulafusion/formula-fusion-next-gen-anti-gravity-racing-game/pledge/new?clicked_reward=false&ref=category_newest

Hellfire_WZ
23rd April 2015, 04:29 PM
Beat me to it :P

Yep, the Kickstarter campaign is now live. I'll update the first post with all the details in a bit.

stinkleroy
23rd April 2015, 10:46 PM
Pledged what I could, I'm really hoping to see this project fly, the trailer gave me goose bumps :D

Angryman
24th April 2015, 03:55 AM
Sweet!!!
The initial trailer didn't do anything for me, but the kickstarter trailer has me all moist.
This looks like a legit 2097 sequel. I might pledge the duo and get some tDR goodies - Any chance of throwthrowing in a DR angryman keyring? 😜

Hellfire_WZ
24th April 2015, 10:02 AM
First post updated for additional benefits for TPP members

chri5
24th April 2015, 01:32 PM
Pledged. This is what I've been waiting for!

multibodydynamics
24th April 2015, 05:07 PM
I have also pledged but I'm a bit concerned over how the stretch goals are formulated. I could have pledged more if it was more certain that there would be console releases. They will reach their goal but will they reach £350,000? Why have they put VR integration and a Mac release before console releases among the stretch goals!?! That is crazy! Wipeout has always been about the console releases. It was never huge on PC. Overall it feels like this whole project is very focused on getting the game towards a PC release. That worries me. It won't stick out from the crowd and I think it will be very tough to get a lot of people interested in the game. If they never make the game to console releases that will be a massive loss because I believe that's where the huge crowd is eagerly awaiting a new anti-gravity racing game.
Yes, I know they said that they wouldn't abandon stretch goals that were not reached. It is the priority that worries me.

AGgamer
24th April 2015, 06:40 PM
Two days to hangout with the dev team? Hmmm... I might have to take them up on that offer... if I can find the money.

Hellfire_WZ
24th April 2015, 07:32 PM
One day in and they're already over £12,000 with nearly 200 backers! Amazing really :)

Lion
24th April 2015, 08:30 PM
I suspect the people in this thread account for a sizeable portion of that

Darkdrium777
25th April 2015, 12:38 AM
Well I wish them the best of luck. This looks a lot better than what I first saw of this project, so I haven't signed up for anything early. Oh well. I hope it comes out as good as it looks right now.

Temet
28th April 2015, 01:41 PM
I made my 2nd donation to kickstarter (first was for Mighty N°6) ;)

AGgamer
28th April 2015, 04:51 PM
They changed the thumbnail of the kickstarter to one of the craft a couple days ago. The amount of donations seems to have accelerated as a result. I was worried they would be stuck with 15k, but now they are up to 22k! :)

Roz
28th April 2015, 05:05 PM
Seriously considering pledging. The tought of a PC Wipeout is making me crazy.

Hellfire_WZ
28th April 2015, 05:22 PM
The £150 Physical Collectors Package has sold out

Just backed them myself, given them a nudge over the £24k mark :)

multibodydynamics
29th April 2015, 07:27 AM
I have been watching this Kickstarter day by day and I just noticed that the momentum of pledges is dropping rapidly right now! Come on guys! Head over to Kickstarter and support this project! For £20 you will get a digital copy of the game so there is really no excuse here!

Kyderra
29th April 2015, 09:04 AM
I'm afraid you're preaching to the choir, I think most if not everyone here has already donated.
If people know any other place to promote the kickstarter (even if it's your own facebook, twitter or YouTube channel) It could help them out.

DIXI200
29th April 2015, 01:15 PM
A little "kick" to free enterprise. I want the "game" for real passion ...:brickwall because I did not "PC" use Mac, and it's a bit "vintage" but powerful8). I'm going to play at a friend's house. Now waiting for the results.

AGgamer
29th April 2015, 04:01 PM
Sure we still need to do our best to spread awareness of the project, but you need to remember that we are at 24.5k right now. That's 70% of the goal with a full 23 days left. It's still too early to to start panicking.

Hellfire_WZ
29th April 2015, 06:10 PM
That's really for the absolute minimum though. Ideally it needs to be hitting at least the first couple of stretch goals

eLhabib
29th April 2015, 06:25 PM
True, but it can hit the stretch goals well after the 30 days have passed, as far as I'm aware. For the kickstarter to get through, it just needs the 35k. Still, we should all try our hardest advertising this project!

slimjim
29th April 2015, 07:17 PM
if i had spare funds id be on this as long as the pc requirements werent to big and if i didnt have a big day coming up soon

Sausehuhn
30th April 2015, 08:45 AM
With The Verge just recently posting something about the WO1-browser-thing (http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/14/8413813/wipeout-in-your-browser), it might be a good time to give them a heads up (?)

Temet
30th April 2015, 11:58 AM
On my side I contacted Gamekult via twitter, the second most important French VG website and I asked if they could say a word about this in their weekly show.
There is a show every saturday during 1h15-1h30 about "eveything during the week about VG" more or less and it's a good one, I like it.
I don't know if they'll talk about it though...

Mikahail
30th April 2015, 01:02 PM
They wrote a small article about it (http://www.gamekult.com/actu/formula-fusion-le-descendant-spirituel-de-wipeout-A146889.html) 2 days ago. They should still talk about it on their saturday show, it could help a little bit.

Hellfire_WZ
30th April 2015, 06:04 PM
Pledge rewards updated. A new £20 tier is available for a digital PS4 version when it is ready, and the £150 Physical Edition tier is now available again. They've also lowered the price of the top two a little, but no biters yet on those.

slimjim
30th April 2015, 07:11 PM
Would like that 150 option but have to wait for pay day :(

AGgamer
30th April 2015, 07:59 PM
First of all: Hype! we are at 79% of the goal at 27.7k!

Second: Should I advertise this kickstarter to F-Zero fans as well? It's the same genre as WipEout (ag racing) and the F-Zero fanbase is currently desperate for a new game for the franchise. They were also heart broken after it was announced that there are NO plans for any future F-Zero games. So how about giving it a shot? It can't hurt can it?

Hellfire_WZ
30th April 2015, 08:12 PM
Absolutely! R8 have been asking for people to share the link on any related forums, whether they are Wipeout, F-Zero, anything.

AGgamer
1st May 2015, 07:15 AM
What about on Youtube? Would leaving a comment on various related videos be acceptable? Because I can see that potentially being annoying... See I REALLY think doing that would help but it might be frowned upon. Thoughts?

Lion
1st May 2015, 07:02 PM
Would like that 150 option but have to wait for pay day :(you wouldn't be charged until after the campaign ends anyway. May 24

Hellfire_WZ
2nd May 2015, 07:34 PM
Just £1000 to go to the target, and someone has taken the plunge on the top level pledge! :eek

slimjim
3rd May 2015, 01:27 AM
wow :D

AGgamer
3rd May 2015, 01:58 AM
I'm confused about the 100k stretch goal.

"the console (PS4/Xbone) version will be fully representative of the PC version of the game."

What does this mean exactly? Does this mean that unless this goal is reached the console version will NEVER have all of the content or be released at all? That's what it sounds like...

Hellfire_WZ
3rd May 2015, 07:22 AM
They've said that the stretch goals are to allow them to have the resources to meet these deadlines. They will still work on other versions if they are not met, but it is likely to be a very long wait.

Also, depending on funding, the PC version will either be released with an initial 8 tracks or the full 22 tracks. The statement on the console versions means that it will be the same as whatever condition the PC version is in at the time.

£500 to go...

AGgamer
3rd May 2015, 08:23 AM
I see. It's truly amazing to see how much passion is being put forth by R8 and DR. Commited to the bitter end, even after Studio Liverpool was shut down, very repectable indeed. I'm going to continue doing my best to advertise this campaign.

blackwiggle
3rd May 2015, 09:44 AM
One of the items listed as getting for 100 pounds or more.

The exclusive Kickstarter Speed Test Track, ‘Oval’

I imagine it will be similar to one of the prototype tracks off WO3SE... LS105/GOP02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rth6s25Y6w

Lion
3rd May 2015, 10:15 AM
Considering they have the track designer responsible for the prototype tracks... I'm hopeful we'll get that feeling again :)

Hellfire_WZ
3rd May 2015, 10:37 AM
And it's there! They've just hit the £35k target :)

The Boye
3rd May 2015, 12:25 PM
I'm down for a Digi Collector.

In R8 we trust.

possesed13
3rd May 2015, 01:21 PM
That's very good news!
:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper

Roz
3rd May 2015, 01:30 PM
Congratulations everyone! Really glad this is going to happen. I've still to pledge, but will as soon as payday arrives.

Hellfire_WZ
3rd May 2015, 01:46 PM
Just so everyone knows, if you make a pledge money won't be taken until the window closes on the 23rd May.

slimjim
3rd May 2015, 03:18 PM
just backed it :hyper

Hellfire_WZ
4th May 2015, 06:30 PM
A message from Andrew Walker on the WipeoutZone FB page, for those of you who haven't seen it:

"Thanks - it's just the start of the journey, we have invested a great deal of our own time and money into this so far - not giving up the day jobs. What we have done is to prove that the community wants this. The funding is low at the moment but it allows us to pay the bills. What we have learned is that momentum brings opportunities. There is no one more determined than I am to make this happen. We just need to keep the flame lit! Thanks guys. You are all amazing."

AGgamer
4th May 2015, 07:52 PM
At the rate things are going at, I predict the end result to be about 65k (unless something drastic happens).

Cipher
4th May 2015, 07:52 PM
I understand his enthusiasm but he needs to remember that this is not something worth losing his family over though (as noted from previous FB posts) :/

Cipher

ps gratz on reaching the goal!

ṪḞỤ
6th May 2015, 09:14 PM
I'm in with »THE CONSOLE GAME BACKER« but thinking about add-ons now…also the hardcover artbook will be pretty slick, I guess…hrhr.
[registered @Kickstarter just for Formula Fusion =) ]

Sausehuhn
7th May 2015, 07:39 AM
For many WO3 is still the peak of the series when it comes to graphic design, and honestly, R8Games could push this a bit more. Because there’s not too much design stuff one can see from the Kickstarter campaign. I know many people who loved WipEout not only for its gameplay but for its sophisticated design choices. Consequently the campaign could get some more attention from the design community, whereas now it’s mainly advertised as something for gamers only.

I for one backed the TPP, but did not yet so with Kickstarter. As I don’t see the design qualities I was expecting. That doesn’t mean they’re not there, it’s just I haven’t seen anything so far that makes me want to back the project from a design standpoint. Maybe it’s because Build (http://wearebuild.com/) was responsible for WO3 mainly, and obviously they’re not a part of The Designers Republic anymore. Prove me wrong! :?

AGgamer
7th May 2015, 09:57 PM
R8 recently updated the kickstarter page and revaeled a nice short clip of a pre-alpha test. the video is a ship flying around the track for one lap. The ship seems to be locked down onto the surface of the track as if on a MAG-lock segment from wipEout HD. It flies stiffly, but it is just a basic test so no worries. I found the visual effect that occurs after hitting a speed pad to be a little annoying but that's just me.

Stardragon88
8th May 2015, 10:19 AM
Yeah, ship seems a bit sticky and rigid, but nothing that can't be amended further down the line. At that speed you'd expect it to catch at least some air going over those inclines - kind of like Citta Nuova where going from venom to phantom meant the risk of practically flying out of bounds with every turn on an incline, it was almost a flight sim 8)

Adding a bit of yaw and upping the floatiness would go a long way, looking forward to getting my hands on the build once they push it out to us.

blackwiggle
9th May 2015, 04:42 AM
I know that video was just a very rough draft of what's to come, but looking at the track [Seems very similar to Stanza Inter from WO3 ], even in it's block form, and although not showing so in the video, I can't help getting the feeling that R8 might be toying with the return of the old wipeout style energy replenishing pit stops .........there just seems a few places on that track where they have left a suitable area where it could be easily put in.

I hope the speed blur effect when running over a speed pad is able to be turned off like it is in HD/Fury, I found it too distracting in the higher speed classes

terra-wrists
10th May 2015, 01:10 PM
I found the visual effect that occurs after hitting a speed pad to be a little annoying but that's just me.

the RGB split effect? It looks cool but I do wish they would give us the option of turning it off.

Amorbis
10th May 2015, 02:29 PM
I've gone for the Designers Republic add on and added some more for extra goodies. The gameplay snippet for me looks promising, I look forward to seeing some fully furnished tracks and some other ships in there.

Zackdem
11th May 2015, 05:20 PM
the RGB split effect? It looks cool but I do wish they would give us the option of turning it off.

The Dev's in a reply on the kickstarter or FB page (if I remember) says that it is just a test for the moment. I also find the visual effect a bit strong

Edit : here is the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/formulafusion/formula-fusion-next-gen-anti-gravity-racing-game/posts/1224101

ZixXer
12th May 2015, 02:45 AM
I would back the kickstarter however they dont suport paypal and I will not get a cc of fake cc just for this!

RedScar
12th May 2015, 10:24 PM
Whoa now, I'm browsing Reddit and what do I behold, is that the game to scratch the racing itch since my leave from HD? I believe it is!
Have to look at some finance numbers but all things good count on me backing this project! Best of luck in the development R8.

Kyderra
13th May 2015, 10:18 AM
My reaction when Yooka-Laylee's Kickstarter is currently sitting at: £1,562,263: http://i.imgur.com/0hVp5gW.gif

AGgamer
13th May 2015, 09:26 PM
Hah! That gif is amazing, and perfectly sums up my thoughts on that kickstarter versus this one. I realize they may not have been aware of it's existance but I honestly think R8 should have waited until the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter was over, It is nodoubt seriously overshadowing our effort to restore AG racing. I am certian that a lot of money being thrown at Yooka-Laylee would have been thrown at R8 if the two kickstarters were not happening simoutaneously. Who knows? we could be at 80k right now if the timing wasn't so awful.

In other news R8 updated the "sneak preview"of pre-alpha gameplay on the kickstarter. It looks a lot the same as before but now we get a taste of the soundtrack as well (It sounds like Half-Life 2's soundtrack).

Honestly, after looking back on it, the way the craft stiffly hugs the track's surface actually feels alright to me. Remember: R8 is going for a realistic feel, and considering where we are with Electromagnetism and Quantum-levitation technologies today, this stiff track hugging flight style doesn't seem to farfetched to me.

Chill
14th May 2015, 05:40 AM
I really wish I could be one of the people to back this up way more if I wasn't broke and in a bind lately.. I wish I could get one of those goodies! :( lol

EDIT: there I helped! Not by as much as I'd wanted, but being in the bind that I am I would say that I did well..

RE-EDIT: Oh damn! I'm the 900th backer! That's pretty cool..

AGgamer
15th May 2015, 06:22 PM
We are at 1000 backers as of now exceeding 50k in pledges! Good progress!

Kyderra
15th May 2015, 07:51 PM
For those who haven't hear this majestic stallion of a remake yet.

https://soundcloud.com/coldstorage/canada-tilt-shift-edm-mix-2015
By the man Co​LDSTo​RAGE himself

keg_11
16th May 2015, 01:36 AM
How do you include add-ons to your reward bundles? Just add the said price to your pledge?

AGgamer
16th May 2015, 06:40 AM
I remember R8 discussing on facebook that: along with fuel, the race craft in Formula Fusion also require liquid nitrogen... meaning they levitate using Quantum levitation. The stiff hugging of the track's surface is on purpose, there will be no air time in this game, as all quantum levitation works by levitating at an exact distance from the surface; never gaining or losing any air. I think it's cool how they are trying to look into the future and are asking the question "how is this AG thing most likely to happen?" and quantum levitation is their best bet right now. I like the direction, this has WipEout's soul, but it isn't WipEout, this is something different!

eLhabib
16th May 2015, 05:46 PM
While I appreciate a realistic approach, I don't think it should come at the cost of a less enjoyable feel. Floating is just SO much nicer, and frankly, if they are not aiming for a floaty feel, they should state that right away, since they are catering to a very specific, wipEout-loving crowd. If we don't get our floatiness, we are very unhappy, and I at least would feel cheated into funding this project by them playing on nostalgia, stating loudly that this is the spiritual successor to wipEout, and then delivering something that feels too different.

Plus, they are labelling this as an AG RACER. Antigravity is NOT quantum levitation. Sorry to be so meticulous about this, but this is something a true wipEout fan doesn't take lightly. I don't want F-Zero or ExtremeG or any other futuristic racing game, I want the spiritual successor to wipEout, and this is something not only defined by style and looks, but mainly by gameplay.

AGgamer
16th May 2015, 06:41 PM
I don't want F-Zero or ExtremeG or any other futuristic racing game, I want the spiritual successor to wipEout.

I get it. I'm just trying to sympathize with R8. At first they were using F1 inspired designs for the craft, everyone said they hated them and they changed it to look like WipEout. Now they are showing a track hugging physics and everyone (yes, me included, I would still prefer a new WipEout game) is now saying "Make it floaty like WipEout"

I just kind of feel like R8 is like "Guys, look at these ideas!" and everyones like "Nope! WipEout please!" I can't help but feel like we are pushing them around a little bit... :| Just me being paranoid I guess.

eLhabib
16th May 2015, 06:50 PM
I see what you're saying, however, I don't think this is what's happening. I believe the early design we saw with crafts looking like futuristic F1 cars was before ex-wipEout devs got involved, and most definitely before tDR came on board. From what they are communicating, they want to create something that feels like good old wipEout in every possible way but the name. That's what their design says, that's what their Kickstarter pitch video says, and that's what I want to put my money into. They know very well which crowd they are attracting, and I think - I hope - they wouldn't call it the spiritual successor to wipEout if they didn't plan on recreating the feel.

Snowblind
16th May 2015, 07:10 PM
Registered/delurked to post this: I asked about sideshifting and got a non committal answer back, attachment related.

They say on the kickstarter page that they consider 1, 2097 and 3 to be the "pivotal versions" of the Wipeout series, but the prototype looks like the later games with it's join the dots speed pads, FOV change effect and craft physics which seem almost like Pulse in how strongly the craft is glued in position.

I'll wait until the last day of the kickstarter before I make a decision on whether or not I'll donate; hopefully by then they'll have decided what direction they want to take with the game, otherwise I'll just wait for post release reviews before parting with my money. I'm not going to optimistically throw my money at them while they themselves are still making basic design decisions.

AGgamer
16th May 2015, 09:31 PM
No need to wait. You can bet they are going to continue refining the game well after the Kickstarter is over. One thing is for certian: they are going for a classic WipEout feel. so if that sounds appealing to you, and you enjoyed 1, 2097, and 3, then you'll nodoubt like this.

Sideshifting will probably not be included honestly, nor will barrel rolling or absorbing. These things where only included in the later games, not the classics.

Stardragon88
16th May 2015, 09:44 PM
Plus, they are labelling this as an AG RACER. Antigravity is NOT quantum levitation.

Personally I think they're pushing the 'lore' of the game harder than it really has to be. Not that that's a bad thing mind you, but it's really nothing to lose sleep over in my opinion.

I mean Wipeout was always pretty cryptic about the workings of the ingame universe - you had your teams and things like track names (from which you could infer which countries existed), you had the occasional namedrop here and there like the Belmondo family but it's never really in your face and is something you piece together after playing several games. How exactly the AG tech worked was never spelled out directly - that kind of presentation is fine too, it's science fiction after all.

As for the craft behavior looking a lot like the kind of quantum levitation using flux pinning we've seen in the real world, I think it's just a coincidence and that they do intend to aim for a more floaty, traditional Wipeout experience. I'd imagine craft physics are probably pretty tricky to get working right from a programming standpoint, they'll get there.

Skvall
17th May 2015, 02:53 PM
I haven't been up to date at all on this project and just realised there was a kickstarter.

Is there any way I can get my hands on the early test versions now or am I too late and have to just pledge for the game on kickstarter and wait for the early access on steam? Pc game on kickstarter will include early access right?

OBH
20th May 2015, 04:22 PM
These old bones cant wait to get involved ;)

RedScar
22nd May 2015, 09:59 PM
Officially backed the digital download pack in the last 48 hours, even just the small updates to the kickstarter page have me pumped. Can't wait for the final product!

AGgamer
23rd May 2015, 07:48 AM
Ladies and gents I am pleased to announce that we have just hit the first stretch goal at 75k! Cheers everyone! Not a moment too soon!

stinkleroy
23rd May 2015, 12:02 PM
Awesome news yes :)

We are a small community and I feared we wouldn't even reach the initial stretch goal but I'm pleased to see there's still a lot of AG love out there.

OBH and el in the same thread, I've been transported back to 2009 ;) Glad to see you guys!

eLhabib
23rd May 2015, 12:26 PM
:hyper

Sausehuhn
23rd May 2015, 02:31 PM
Is the „£20 – Get a standalone digital copy of the game for your PC!“ the same as „The PC Gamer Backer“? I couldn’t find any pledge that had the exact same name, so I guess it is (?). And how does R8Games know if I’m part of the TPP? Do I have to send them a mail or something?

Lion
23rd May 2015, 08:34 PM
for previous games I've backed they've had some kind of registration site that they've used after the campaign to tie together pledges from multiple sources. I am not worried, I expect them to have some mechanism for tying everything together properly.
I've already had to link up TPP packages purchased through two sites (gumroad and sellfy) so I imagine Kickstarter is just going to be another thing to bolt on to that. Patience!