PDA

View Full Version : WipEout X Mario Kart!?

ThoughtfulSystem_95
28th February 2015, 05:44 PM
Here's a really dumb question that frequently pops up in my head. What if Mario Kart had WipEout weapons and vice-versa? You don't have to answer it, it's just a stupid question. :|

BardicSMG
28th February 2015, 08:19 PM
Throw a blue shell, and die.

Saramica12
28th February 2015, 09:11 PM
Best Comment so far! XD :g

JFthebestJan
28th February 2015, 10:27 PM
in fact, wipEout is a merger from the 2 NINTENDO franchises MARIO KART + F-ZERO. i think the wipEout devs had the idea to combine the two games and make a game that's fast as F-ZERO, and as fun as MARIO KART. it was one of those ideas you've in a bar after a few shots of whatever liquor ;)

ThoughtfulSystem_95
1st March 2015, 04:26 AM
Throw a blue shell, and die.

:lol Just imagine the blue shell instantly eliminating someone in first place!

Now imagine the quake disruptor being fired at someone.

Mario: *sees the quake wave coming from behind him* MA MA MIA!!!! *boom!*

Ace3000
1st March 2015, 08:12 AM
>>Blue Shell.
>>Contender Eliminated

Hellfire_WZ
1st March 2015, 09:00 AM
The blue shell has already been done, it was in Wipeout Fusion as the Hunter Missile in multiplayer :)

Jonny
1st March 2015, 09:15 AM
And Quake is this POW thing.

Saramica12
1st March 2015, 09:20 AM
I am now imagining so the art style of the characters, ships/kart and traks xD
Imagine the Pilots in the Nintendo Style! Aw x3

Mario: *sees the quake wave coming from behind him* MA MA MIA!!!! *boom!*
Poor Mario x)
Psssst! "Mamma Mia!" :P

Ace3000
1st March 2015, 10:42 AM
And Quake is this POW thing.

>>Shields Critical
>>POW Block.

...aw, cra-

>>Contender Eliminated.

But by that logic, Green Shells are rockets, Red Shells are missiles, Mushrooms are turbos, Bananas are mines and the fake pick-up box is the bomb.

BardicSMG
1st March 2015, 10:45 AM
>> Shields Critical
>> Banana Peel

...nothing happens

Hybrid Divide
3rd March 2015, 04:10 PM
Heh! :lol

You know, I was just explaining to a friend who is good at Mario Kart, but dislikes WipEout, that the two games really are pretty similar except in the areas of vehicle handling and atmosphere / aesthetics.

Gameplay wise, the two really aren't that far apart.

Got him to look at it a little differently! :D

BardicSMG
4th March 2015, 06:17 AM
I don't like your friend. Mario kart games are almost always determined by luck. I guess this is just a mini rant, and I hoped it wouldn't come down to this, but f*** Mario kart. You should introduce your friend to re-volt.

ThoughtfulSystem_95
4th March 2015, 05:31 PM
That is the one thing I hate about Mario Kart. Skill doesn't mean anything. It depends on luck.
But, that's okay, I guess. Still like it ether way.

- - - Updated - - -

@Hybrid Divide
Well, not to sound so arrogant but, WipEout isn't for everyone. (Even though the ESRB rated it E for Everyone)

Hybrid Divide
4th March 2015, 08:23 PM
*sighs*

I know WipEout isn't for everyone, but it sure would be nice if the series got a bit more love over in Auricomville. (:lol)

I agree that Mario Kart games are largely determined by luck. I was just referring more towards the weapon pickups themselves. I'm sure some would argue that WipEout is a fusion of Mario Kart with F-Zero, admittedly greater than the sum of its parts, of course. But trust me, I've tried getting people into WipEout. Not very easy, sadly.

ThoughtfulSystem_95
5th March 2015, 11:23 PM
Agreed. :(

Rovenami
8th March 2015, 12:39 AM
Also, Flamethrower from Fusion = Fire Flower from Mario Kart 7 and 8