PDA

View Full Version : How long will the online servers stay alive?

multibodydynamics
5th February 2015, 02:47 PM
Has anyone found any info about PS3 game servers closing down, especially Wipeout HD? Sony is surely gonna strip down support for the PS3 in an accelerated rate during this year. HOME is closing down on the 31st of march and since Wipeout HD Fury isn't on the list for Playstation Now it is a bit worrying. Does anyone remember if HD and 2048 uses the same servers? I think I read that somewhere but can't remember. That might save HD for a while since 2048 is a much newer game and should get support a bit longer.

terra-wrists
5th February 2015, 03:20 PM
I really hate Sony now.

Cipher
5th February 2015, 03:34 PM
Did some research, and it seems Grand Turismo 5 is also shutting down on May 20th, Resistance gets its plug pulled March 28th :/
GT5 Is younger than Wipeout HD btw..

They better announce it, cuz i will play the **** out of it one last time if it did in fact shut down
But let's hope that's still a long ways away :)

Cipher

blackwiggle
5th February 2015, 05:48 PM
A saving grace for WOHD which might keep the severs open longer then you might think is, the fact that it got a second lease of life with the release of WO 2048...Crossplay , was 'The" major selling point, promoted by Sony at the time.

WO 2048 was the "Title" that showed how it was going to happen.

Taking WO HD offline would be equivalent of taking 2048 offline as well

terra-wrists
5th February 2015, 06:17 PM
why am I still not hopeful? :(

mannjon
5th February 2015, 11:58 PM
Has anyone been online lately? At this rate, I wouldn't blame them for shutting down servers. Here in central time, I have to wait around 2-3 hours before I see any race pop up at all regardless of speed. Every now and then I see a Phantom Eliminator lobby, but there just isn't anyone online anymore.

If everyone is so worried about shutting down the servers, we need to prove that they are worth keeping online. Things may be different overseas, but there is no one ever online anymore.

terra-wrists
6th February 2015, 12:40 AM
You mirrored my thoughts Mannjon,

Zzonkmiles
6th February 2015, 03:27 AM
This is what angered me with Nintendo and Mario Kart Wii. They pulled the plug on the best selling point of the game--the online racing. I guess that was Nintendo's way of forcing people to buy the Wii U and Mario Kart 8. Screw that.

Anyway, I have been much too busy to race for the past few months. But I hope the leaderboards remain visible or active. I wanted to beat Doriett's score! And I see that Lilith is now on top of me too. (Which is perfectly all right with me.) ;)

Dylan061997
6th February 2015, 09:52 AM
Has anyone been online lately? At this rate, I wouldn't blame them for shutting down servers. Here in central time, I have to wait around 2-3 hours before I see any race pop up at all regardless of speed. Every now and then I see a Phantom Eliminator lobby, but there just isn't anyone online anymore.

If everyone is so worried about shutting down the servers, we need to prove that they are worth keeping online. Things may be different overseas, but there is no one ever online anymore.

i played online phantom races and phantom tournament , the eliminator lobby isn't that guy "famotorsgilsz" or something like that? , and you right we need to prove :nod

Cipher
6th February 2015, 10:17 AM
Hmmmm, there's usually a lobby going when i hop on, rarely, nobody there, i guess it's all about timing probably, US ppl might have it a little tougher since wipeout is a bit more of an EU game (i think) therefor time differences might be major

And if there IS a lobby going, but just a mode/speed you don't play often/don't like, just join it and have a couple of games until you get that feeling again of, neeeh this isn't for me, and then check the lobbies again, maybe a new one popped up, that's what i do ;)

And yes, "farmotors..." is that guy xD

Cipher

AGgamer
7th February 2015, 01:31 AM
As someone who lives in north america, i personally find that there are a HUGE amount of servers going at certain times of day (i'm talking tens of servers, relatively well populated). Particularly around midday to afternoon on Fridays and weekends there are a good amount of servers. however any other time it seems pretty much deserted, i find there are alot of EU servers until about 4 pm here, then things start to slow down.

I think there are still a good couple of years left in HD Fury's servers, personally. Unless of course something drastic draws the audience away.

mannjon
7th February 2015, 03:22 AM
Yeah about dat Farmotogillz or whatev's, he must be on there 24-7, I see him in a Phantom Elim lobby ALL the time. I used to see a Cool_and_Cute there too, but now just the Motogillz.

Cipher, it must be nice to mention "Wipeout" and not have people ask you: "You mean there is a game about that show? I LOVE that show!" It is no where near as popular here as is the EU.

I join anything these days. Venom, Phantom, Zone Battle, and sometimes Eliminator. Just desperate to keep this thing going before dusting off the PS2 and going through Fusion again. Yeah, THAT desperate. I just recently got the ole N64 out. Might be a good time to play that horrid game too while I wait for someone to show up online.

I might even start a proxy lobby and play Wii U on the gamepad until someone shows up! ^_^

AGgamer, consider yourself friended! Would be nice to have someone in a near timezone. @ Zzonk, MK8 is pretty good though, you must admit. That aside, the leaderboards have been screwed up now for YEARS. Wipeoutrankings.com is perhaps the only reliable leaderboard anymore.

BardicSMG
7th February 2015, 03:47 AM
Though to be completely fair, I do kind of like the show.

mannjon
7th February 2015, 03:56 AM
Lolz! Did you ever watch MxC? Waaaaaay better!

So just to update... 2 Phantom Eliminator matches right now. mannjon in an EMPTY RACE LOBBY. If any server stays open it will be the F'in Eliminator lobby and nothing else. I stand by my original remark... if you want the servers to stay up RACE.

terra-wrists
7th February 2015, 04:34 AM
not sure about phantom with a dodgy dpad but I'll give it a shot :D

few days ago, cipher and I were racing with dodgy pads in a room, and were cannon fodder for noobs... highly embarrassing :D but fun all the same hehe

7 in a room and i'm hosting, jump in :D

mannjon
7th February 2015, 05:29 AM
I just make sure I'm drunk whenever I get online........ good challenge, bad hangover.

...and many thanks to Terra, Kronic, Hiro, et all for a 6 player Flash Tournament!!!!! Online lives!!!!

terra-wrists
7th February 2015, 06:32 AM
... just about :D

Knux_Chaotix
7th February 2015, 11:57 AM
I'll be about for a bit today if anyone wants a race

mannjon
7th February 2015, 02:16 PM
This does bring up a point I'd like to make. More and more developers these days are including some type of online requirement for trophies and such. It is just plain wrong to do that to gamers. I hate this trend because unless you buy the game new and start with the online campaign, you'll likely miss a few trophies that are otherwise impossible to get. Imagine trying to get Bling Brigade right now for example. It is rare enough to have 8 players stay for one whole race, let alone 8 players that have beat the campaign.

Then on top of that, there is no indefinite time that the servers stay online. There are so many games I have where I have earned just about every trophy except the one that forces you to grind it out in online play and most of those games don't have any open servers.

Jonny
7th February 2015, 02:31 PM
Sometimes I'm around in 2048 and we don't get the lobby filled with at least 4 players.
To be fair, shutting down the servers of not played games saves money, but my heart bleeds when I remember that I never played Pure or Pulse online.

terra-wrists
7th February 2015, 02:51 PM
This does bring up a point I'd like to make. More and more developers these days are including some type of online requirement for trophies and such. It is just plain wrong to do that to gamers. I hate this trend because unless you buy the game new and start with the online campaign, you'll likely miss a few trophies that are otherwise impossible to get. Imagine trying to get Bling Brigade right now for example. It is rare enough to have 8 players stay for one whole race, let alone 8 players that have beat the campaign.

Then on top of that, there is no indefinite time that the servers stay online. There are so many games I have where I have earned just about every trophy except the one that forces you to grind it out in online play and most of those games don't have any open servers.

Good point... but people like me also exist who don't care for trophies :D I still haven't platted any of my numerous accounts, just not interested :D

Personally i think the idea of trophy hunting is silly. Many peeps will play a game to plat it, then just never even look at it again.

Does make me wonder.

I love online competition too much to play for trophies.

ggs last night btw :)

mannjon
8th February 2015, 01:22 AM
GG's indeed. I thought I did well drunk driving ^_^

I don't normally trophy hunt until I've finished the game and got bored with it. I'm just saying that developers shouldn't add trophy content that can't be achieved after a certain time. It's one thing to encourage online play, but it is another to require it for a game's completion especially when there are unlockables only available via online play.

terra-wrists
8th February 2015, 02:41 AM
I'm thinking of going back online again... it's been like 20 hours :D

mannjon
9th February 2015, 05:39 AM
I play my Wii U on the gamepad while keeping the PS3 on the TV just in case someone decides to race!

nu9get
10th February 2015, 03:57 PM

i'm not that sure, if you go online around 5\11 p.m gtm +0\+1 you will see a lot of lobbies (EU time) also full of players (or almost), im playing a lot and any tipe of game, single race (phantom rapier flash)...eliminator, etc.
we also played one night if you can remember :D but because i go online late night too (like 4\5 a.m gmt +1) and seems like there wasnt any lobbies aside of yours or any other non EU gamers.
i play wo hd only since 5-6 months so i can only say that for me it is still active when i seek races.

Snakenator1
10th February 2015, 04:50 PM
I myself haven't touched online in a few months now because my life has been busy, but I'm guessing the servers won't last for much longer once Sony begins stripping the PS3 of its services.

All in favour of giving Sony some rockets to stop them say "Aye"

Hellfire_WZ
10th February 2015, 06:57 PM
The main issue here isn't whether the regulars still play online as often as possible, it's how many different players are using the server. Is there still enough demand from new players, or are the servers just supporting the same small community? We won't be able to keep them up alone; if Sony decides to can the servers they'll do it regardless of how often we still use them.

BardicSMG
10th February 2015, 07:24 PM
As a Firefly fan, I know exactly what to do...

COMMENCE GUERRILLA WARFARE

or was it marketing... ether's fine.

mannjon
12th February 2015, 02:25 PM
I've wondered if there is a way to get someone to host the servers elsewhere. I can't remember the game, but I recall a while back there was a story about an FPS that had a loyal yet small fan base I read about in a gamer magazine. One of the members knew some of the dev team, and was able to migrate the servers with their help to keep online play open. I wonder if that would be possible in this case? I think probably not because the fan base is too large, but still.

If Sony is looking for new players as a justification to keep servers online, then trophy hunting DOES matter, because the word is out that Wipeout HD is the 1st or 2nd hardest platinum, and I think a lot of new pilots come to HD seeking a challenge (of course only to end their career a week later because they can't beat Zico or complete ECL). But still, if the server activity is going to continue, we need to be respectful of new pilots and reach out to keep them entertained.

Despite all this talk, we also need to be realistic. 2008 was 7 years ago. These servers are older than a lot of 2nd grade kids.

@nuget, I am in US central time (GMT +6 I think). Here there is only farmotorgilliz or whatev online from 6pm - 3am. I've stayed in an empty race lobby for an hour and a half and played 1 race against someone who rage quit on the 3rd lap of a Venom race, but typically I'm lucky to get 5 races in during an evening. In the US, there just isn't the demand for a futuristic racing game. The retarded US market is full of CoD-fish, Minecrappers, and people who actually still play Destiny. No one wants to play games that require skill, practice, and finesse. The only other online players I've encountered are mostly just trophy hunting which to me has been one of gaming's biggest pitfalls.

People don't play video games to simply play anymore, they instead play games to show that they've played them, and show... people... that they... um, wasted enough time trophy farming to get a platinum? I don't know. I don't get it, and I never will. I grew up with Mario Bro's 3, Streets of Rage, Mortal Kombat, Mariokart (the original) and many other skill based games. You didn't get a trophy for beating it. You just knew you were that badass.

This is why WO is doomed as both the servers are concerned as well as the future of the franchise. I'm willing to bet that over half of this community has at some point owned or beat every WO game since the first on the PC/PS1. There were no trophies back then, we played because it was just awesome to play. We now represent the tiny minority of gaming as the paradigm has shifted away from skill based games to mindless instant gratification in games. You basically get a meaningless trophy for just putting a damn game in your PS3 these days. No one wants to actually play a game for what it really is. No one wants to play people good at WO because they get decimated. I have a whole closet full of "Level I DNF Time-To-Spare" trophies, which probably resulted in someone deleting the game. People actually good at a game scare all the casual trophy hunters away, which in turn causes less people to be interested in the game, which in turn causes a developer or publisher to decide to discontinue a franchise.

The only way we will continue to play WO online will be a $h!tty-dumbed-down-for-casual-gamers version on the PS4 that will ultimately warp the original franchise, while keeping none or little of what we love about the series. They already did it with the WOHD patch!!! The real reason for all the patches? People complaining that it was too hard. So they slow things down for all the casual gamers while ignoring the true fan base that has been loyal since 1995 -the year most of the current day casual gamers WERE BORN! *Sorry if I've offended any younger gamers. You obviously don't apply here because you are cool enough to be here*

Dylan061997
12th February 2015, 03:13 PM
@mannjon , i think you really can create a "private server" , i just know in mario kart wii for example wi-fi connection (for wii / ds) is down until 20th may 2014 , but i know a guy (i just know his name) who create a private server so you can play online in worldwide / regional , just send your FC in this guy site , in other words maybe there are a way for still playing online if sony decides to down wipEout HD / Fury servers

XxSuperRyugaxX
12th February 2015, 04:54 PM
I am really worried for this. If some online server games start closing, maybe they'll shutdown other games aswell later. And, who knows, maybe when some years will pass, they'll close PlayStation Network access from PS3, forcing people to get a PS4. I really hope this will not happen!

Saramica12
12th February 2015, 05:12 PM
And, who knows, maybe when some years will pass, they'll close PlayStation Network access from PS3, forcing people to get a PS4. I really hope this will not happen!

No! This would be REALLY unacceptable! D:
I cross the fingers as well and hope this will never happen indeed! :/

mannjon
13th February 2015, 04:27 PM
The problem is that there would likely be some legal issues too. In the example I gave above, the community was a very small group, and the dev's admittedly just ran out of resources. In the case of greedy Sony, there would likely be some legal battle if someone did host it privately. Not only that, but you would need multiple servers to be able to hand all the requests from different regions.

Back in the good old days of TCP/IP, anyone anywhere could pretty much host a game, and still can today. But Wipeout uses different internet protocols to connect (as do most modern era games). It *might* be possible, but it wouldn't be near the scale of online play that it is now, and it still doesn't solve the problem of developers dumbing down games to appease casual gamers instead of respecting their loyal hardcore crowd. The only reason that WO has even stayed online this long is because of the relatively large and loyal fanbase. It is why they decided to use it as the experiment for the crossplay feature. However they disbanded the studio responsible for all of it in part because there was no longer any commercial appeal to the casual gamer market.

WO is hard. You have to want to love it to be any good at it. It is NOT a game for the so called "casual gamers" and trophy seekers. Despite trophy hunting likely being a reason that a lot of the most recent pilots have come around lately, the fact that it isn't a simple 3 hour platinum turns enough of the casual gamers away from it just as quickly. My worst fear is that there will be a new WO release, but it will be dumbed down to appeal to the Mariokart casual gamer type of experience (and don't get me wrong, I bought a Wii U for Mariokart 8, and I love it... but it isn't the same feeling I get when playing ANY of the wipeout games, period). The thing is that more and more developers are leaning towards the casual market because of the success of cell phone games and pay-to-play games because there is more money in it. So if there is a 1st party release, it won't be nearly as good as anything that Firesprite will come up with. Just think about it a minute... in the world of DLC's and Season Passes, would you really want a Wipeout game that you had to spend extra money to fully enjoy? The fury DLC was almost an entire game's worth of content, but that was before DLC started ruining modern gaming. I don't think future releases will follow the traditional paradigm.

Simply put, the uniqueness of the fanbase is both WO's salvation and destroction. We as a community are still playing games that were released years ago. We as a community will hold on to it as long as it is possible. We also buy new consoles just for this game (at least a lot of us did, I got PS3 for WOHD, and a Vita for 2048). Unfortunately, we make up a tiny portion of sales. Sony isn't going to listen to a handful of consumers, but at the same time the motivation by such loyal fans has led to Firesprite's creation, and could possibly lead to private servers in the future (though I wouldn't count on it).

TheConzio
14th February 2015, 03:10 AM
Then there's us Aussies who attempt to play during the day...

mannjon
14th February 2015, 08:47 PM
I hear ya bruv. Same here in the US. To parody a cheesy crappy song from the 80's:

Conzio said, Do you race in the land down under?
Online races have become a blunder,
No pilots will ever feel my thunder,
Of my skills in a ship that hovers.

True Endurance
15th February 2015, 05:36 AM
I wrote a whole thing but something happened and it didn't post. I'll say this.. The WO series is one of my favorites of all time. I dream that it has a future and that Firesprite might somehow take it over and continue it on the PS4. Since WO is a relatively simple game (content wise) I think DLC would be a good way to keep it up. It could just be tracks/ships/skins and new campaigns. I would gladly pay for WO DLC. Variety can be a good thing with a game like WO, especially with tracks. Either way, the game can never really die. YouTube is a good way to keep it going. It may not be online racing, but it can still be a way to compete. There is Slipstream though. And as soon as that's finished we do have an alternative that can hopefully keep at least those of us who love the series going. I don't know what will happen though; until then I hope for the best for WO.

J.666
16th February 2015, 07:50 PM
I think l'm going to cry if they get the servers offline, WO is the only game l play online and to be honest l think it is fun to interact with the racers from different country's. Don't have much trouble with finding races though here in the Netherlands.

Cipher
17th February 2015, 06:36 PM
^Same here, used to play a lot more online (Borderlands), but now only wipeout or some game sessions with friends on Steam (Don't Starve Together is Amazing FYI)

But, some reasoning, they said they are shutting down a couple of games because they need the server bandwidth, which makes me reason, Wipeout isn't such a big community, so the impact on server performance shouldn't be that big either, it's like when your computer is running out of resources (CPU or memory) You check which ones are hogging up the most and see which one of those you can shut down first, no? That's my thoughts, so mibi they'll stay a bit longer than we might think ;)

On another note, Farmotoresgrilisz now also hosts online phantom single races from time to time, seems to fill up some lobbies as well from time to time ^^

Cipher

mannjon
17th February 2015, 07:00 PM
Hopefully Wipeout will be one of those programs that is so small it is hardly recognizable and continue to slip under the radar.

I've never seen Farmotorgilliz do anything but Elim. Are you sure he races now? I guess he got tired of no one joining Eliminator lobbies. Is he any good at racing?

Cipher
17th February 2015, 07:12 PM
He's not that great, but who cares, he's putting effort into it and practicing when he does, keeps hosting even if he never really wins and comes behind quite a few seconds, basically, he's playing to play, not to win, so he/she gets my respect, there's few pilots out their nowadays, instead of playing to win, just play for fun ^^
But yes, he is hosting phantom from time to time now, also still eliminators though, bad timing on your part i guess :p

Cipher

Dylan061997
17th February 2015, 09:53 PM
He is a nice guy :nod

mannjon
18th February 2015, 02:08 AM
Raced with him tonite. He has great wep skills but lacks in lines. I sincerely applaud him for his efforts. The key thing is that he has evolved to racing from Elim. He is the example of what I love about HD: keep racing until you win! He dropped after a few races, but much credit is due ^_^

J.666
18th February 2015, 03:06 AM
Raced with him tonite. He has great wep skills but lacks in lines. I sincerely applaud him for his efforts. The key thing is that he has evolved to racing from Elim. He is the example of what I love about HD: keep racing until you win! He dropped after a few races, but much credit is due ^_^

Were some good races tonight. You got a full lobby tourneo :-D

Zzonkmiles
28th February 2015, 03:30 PM
I'm a bit anxious. Turned on Wipeout today, but couldn't connect to any rooms. Even when looking at the records screen, I could only view my own records. I couldn't view my friends' scores or the worldwide scores.

multibodydynamics
28th February 2015, 05:06 PM
I always have to start the game, log out from PSN and then log in again. Otherwise I get exactly those problems as you describe so try that and hopefully it will work.

Cipher
1st March 2015, 03:44 PM
Wipeout has its derp hours where it just doesn't want to connect, it's usually in the really early mornings (4am-ish) for me, it does that sometimes ;)
Wait ~15 minutes or so and it should work again :)

Cipher

Zzonkmiles
2nd March 2015, 04:04 AM
I've been able to logon without incident the past two days. But the only rooms I saw were an empty Phantom Eliminator room and a tournament. No zone battlers to be found as usual! Glad the game is still active though.

scarfrogers
8th March 2015, 07:47 AM
the servers will remain until I say, because I am SCAR

fab0810
8th March 2015, 10:08 AM
Chuck norris even listening scar because only scar beat chuck norris on wipeout:D

terra-wrists
8th March 2015, 05:18 PM
a quake is chuck norris round housing the underbelly of the track. lol.

Mitchemous
12th March 2015, 03:13 AM
I'm also a US player as well and I see farmotorgilliz on there all the time. Has anyone talked to him? What's his story?
Judging by how long Sony supported the ps2 I'm sure it'll be around for awhile. I can't imagine wipeout uses much bandwidth compared to other games, I think that's what they care more about. I don't even think MAG was out for a year before they shut its servers down if anyone remembers that game. Man that was loooong before the ps4

blackwiggle
12th March 2015, 05:36 AM
I think since they own the franchise, it's in Sony's best interest to keep the game in the public eye as long as possible, however marginally that might be, before it resurrects it with a new title, keeping the HD/2048 servers open as long as possible serves that purpose as cheaply as possible.

terra-wrists
30th March 2015, 07:38 PM
major server probs atm... tried to go online in wipe out but after many attempts - the universe list is not loading :shock:

Cipher
30th March 2015, 10:19 PM
3 hours later now, same problem here, failed to retrieve the universe list
Not sure if coincidence, but this falls in line with the Playstation Home shutdown.. :/

Cipher

ps they were still working fine at 2am on monday

Knux_Chaotix
30th March 2015, 10:31 PM
Im pretty sure they would have said if they were shutting down the Wipeout servers. Or I'd like to think they would have

Cipher
30th March 2015, 10:35 PM
Unless they're linked with psn home somehow and wipeout servers going offline is an unfortunate result thereof, but we'll have to wait and see :/

Cipher

Knux_Chaotix
30th March 2015, 10:38 PM
Looking around I cant see anything to suggest that. Could just be issues like there sometimes is.

Cipher
30th March 2015, 10:44 PM
True, Japan is also offline and apparently GTA is too

Cipher

terra-wrists
31st March 2015, 04:43 AM
every single tourny or event in the wipeout universe is plagued by PSN errors ffs. It's like they KNOW... pfft.

Knux_Chaotix
31st March 2015, 12:29 PM
Update - Still not working

AGgamer
31st March 2015, 04:10 PM
Perhaps we should postpone synergy for a few weeks; give the servers time to sort themselves out. You know?

Knux_Chaotix
31st March 2015, 04:15 PM
Thinking about that tbh.

FirstDave
31st March 2015, 04:45 PM
Fingers crossed that it is not permanent. :|

JFthebestJan
31st March 2015, 09:40 PM
2048 servers are down too, couldn't retrieve the universe list or some s h i t like that

J.666
31st March 2015, 09:44 PM
this sucks more than anything has ever sucked before :(

Knux_Chaotix
31st March 2015, 10:09 PM
I thought HD and 2048 had the same server or something like that?

Rapier Racer
31st March 2015, 10:11 PM
They use the same server(s) as far as I recall so makes sense 2048 would also be down.

JFthebestJan
31st March 2015, 10:50 PM
i cannot remember a similar error message in the history of wipeout HD. so this is the end, shutting the servers without even announcing it properly. that's not typical for Sony, lets hope it's just a temporary issue

Rapier Racer
31st March 2015, 11:01 PM
I have, many times, it's either general error or cannot retrieve universe list, not a new error by any means.

Always possible that they did just pull the plug and not say but not guaranteed, there's usually a list on PlayStation.com

Cipher
31st March 2015, 11:57 PM
I recommend everyone to contact sony regarding this so they will hopefully notice the issue, and, if it was a shutdown after all, maybe they'll pop it back on when they see there's actually still quite a few ppl interested in it

Cipher

terra-wrists
1st April 2015, 12:34 AM
I don't think we should jump the gun just yet,

they may just be fixing the issue - and these things sometimes take time.

Give it a week, then fire up the petitions :D

Cipher
1st April 2015, 03:42 AM
A week is looooooong, i won't survive that >.>
Tell my mom & dad & family i love em <.<
And you ppl too >.<

(x.x)
|\ \'___,-,-,
|-----------'
That's supposed to reprsent a dead guy leaning against a wall
I tried....

on topic; I guess you're right, but this is a suspiciously long outtage :/

Cipher

Knux_Chaotix
1st April 2015, 05:45 AM
Apparently its done something like this before for a similar length of time. Wait it out a bit longer.

DIXI200
1st April 2015, 06:45 AM
@Cipher, :g si... a week is too.Only for "serious" work Sony.

J.666
1st April 2015, 08:52 AM
l´m beginning to suffer from wipeout withdrawal symptoms.

Cipher
1st April 2015, 11:05 AM
Well, i did contact sony, cuz.. ya know.., impatient little fella :p

They said they'll look into it, not sure what i should make from that, but will let you know if there's any further updates on it ;)

Cipher

J.666
1st April 2015, 01:14 PM
Now the http://community.eu.playstation.com/ doesný work either, and to be honest it gives me a little hope that it is just a part of a bigger issue at sony

Cipher
1st April 2015, 02:00 PM
Yeah, noticed that as well, lets hope so :/
Although it's mostly back online, just a couple pages here and there (profile pages amongst others)

Cipher

TheWipeouter
1st April 2015, 05:28 PM
Pilots,

I have not taken my Elim dosage in few days and I'm getting itchy.

This is getting serious. WO community should consider contributing $$$ to keep the servers running. :(

scarfrogers
1st April 2015, 05:59 PM
Sony surely don't want the wrath of Scar...

FirstDave
1st April 2015, 06:31 PM
I only play elim and I need it to release the days stresses on my wipeout friends :nod. Frustrating not knowing !

- - - Updated - - -

Pilots,

I have not taken my Elim dosage in few days and I'm getting itchy.

This is getting serious. WO community should consider contributing $$$ to keep the servers running. :(

Is it possible to pay to keep a server going ?. I would be in on it if it was feasible. Lets hope it doesn't come to anything like that.:frown:

ALovelyLilith
1st April 2015, 08:30 PM
Well, i did contact sony, cuz.. ya know.., impatient little fella :p

They said they'll look into it, not sure what i should make from that, but will let you know if there's any further updates on it ;)

Cipher

//Lmao, brilliant. Tell sony to come back and dump us properly when he grows a pair.
Hang on wipchu!!

Cipher
1st April 2015, 09:32 PM
XDDD
Pretty sure they'd hang up on me if i try that :P

@wipeouter & firstdave I honestly wouldn't mind so much if the cost is reasonable / achievable with a small group tbh

Cipher

ps still down..

kleidoscopik_1er
1st April 2015, 11:13 PM
@Cipher wrote:

"
Code:
(x.x)
|\ \'___,-,-,
|-----------'
That's supposed to reprsent a dead guy leaning against a wall "

The explanation was really necessary. I thought it was supposed to represent a "weird" d*ck... >> :D

Cipher
1st April 2015, 11:25 PM
You should go see a doctor asap :D

Cipher

Knux_Chaotix
2nd April 2015, 11:14 AM
We're back online!!!

J.666
2nd April 2015, 11:31 AM
Yes! Tears of happiness :-D

Dylan061997
2nd April 2015, 11:57 AM
Finally , ahhhh that's a good news :rock

Saramica12
2nd April 2015, 11:59 AM
Really?! Amazing! :D
I will go to check it immediately! :D

FirstDave
2nd April 2015, 12:54 PM
Phew !! So I can get me fix now :hyper

Cipher
2nd April 2015, 02:42 PM
YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! GIMME MY DRUGS!!! :DDDD

Cipher

Dylan061997
2nd April 2015, 03:07 PM
YEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! GIMME MY DRUGS!!! :DDDD

Cipher

Really Cipher? :g

terra-wrists
2nd April 2015, 03:59 PM
took long enough :D

Cipher
2nd April 2015, 04:35 PM
@dylan Yuuuup, wipeout is my drugs :p
I guess it's still better than actual drugs? Right?! RIIIIGHT?! *psychotic grin*

Cipher

traksta1
2nd April 2015, 07:36 PM
Ok. Only just saw this. Checked it out. Cannot connect to server at all. Been difficult connecting for a longtime. Looks like that's it for me. :(

terra-wrists
3rd April 2015, 07:28 PM
@dylan Yuuuup, wipeout is my drugs :p
I guess it's still better than actual drugs? Right?! RIIIIGHT?! *psychotic grin*

Cipher

not if you take both at the same time Alex :D

@traksta1 - i had similar probs last night, so I restarted PS3, and loaded Wipeout, tried to connect - got error - so played zone mode offline until my eye melted - then tried to connect after that, and it connected... so I raced some online races, was fun... but i have to use stick to turn left now because I cant turn left with dpad lol - and I just cant get used to stick. Fleh. I need a new controller.

JFthebestJan
3rd April 2015, 07:54 PM
@terra: i had the same problem with my dpad, there's an easy solution to this. simply get a small x-shaped screwdriver and open up your controller ( there's lots of good videos on youtube on how to do it correctly without breaking anything ). then you have to clean everything inside, re-assemble all the parts, finally you'll have a controller that'll work like a brand new one. i did this with both of my DS3s and both of my SIXAXIS. all 4 controllers are like new ones now, but the most important part of the story is, i saved 150+ euros, cause i hadn't to buy new controllers xD

J.666
3rd April 2015, 09:30 PM

Cipher

Nothing wrong with drugs :g l like them very much :rock

Cipher
3rd April 2015, 10:27 PM
Lol you guys, i don't do drugs, wether it's good or not is up to you yourself to decide :p

@Mosh & JF I second JF's words, it might possibly be just some dirt, which isn't too hard to get rid of, opened both mine up countless times, however, with me a little piece of plastic broke off (the left air brake (L2)) so can't be fixed (tried super glue), but with the d-pad it would make sense for it be just some dirt, give it a go, you really don't have to be tech savvy, just slowly pry it open and remember what's where as you do ^^

@Traksta Same what Mosh said, it has these weird moments where it just doesn't work for a couple of mins from time to time, it's weird, just try again in 10 mins or so :p

Cipher

terra-wrists
4th April 2015, 02:41 PM
I have to eat my hat - I tried to log on last night many many times, but it just wasn't happening, server error.

@ Alex and JF, I opened up a controller once, and couldn't put it back again, so I put it next to my humpty dumpty teddy, coz that is all broken too :D might have to try once more with this controller.

Cipher
8th April 2015, 05:52 AM
It eaaaassyyyyyyy, you can do it mosh, just remember what goes where when you're prying it open :)

Guessing the servers are still a bit wonky
Sony replied by the way, they were doing maintenance (unannounced apparently) and they have no intention of closing the servers as far as they(customer support) know ;)

Cipher

terra-wrists
9th April 2015, 12:12 AM
It eaaaassyyyyyyy, you can do it mosh, just remember what goes where when you're prying it open :)

that's what she said :D

Jonny
9th April 2015, 01:02 AM
I've read the whole thread and it was really an up and down, espectally when the servers were down. :O