PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout hd (press kit)

azteka
2nd February 2015, 11:41 AM
Hello, does anyone know where i can buy this?

http://i57.tinypic.com/33vhsm0.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/5u1p5i.jpg

Knux_Chaotix
2nd February 2015, 12:25 PM
Thats an HD Press Kit... I've been looking for one for ages. Theres no where you can just buy them as far as I know, just keep looking round on places like Ebay etc in case someone is selling one. Think thats your best chance.

Also wee side note - Try and make sure the pics you post arnt massive :P

azteka
2nd February 2015, 02:25 PM
Do you know the official name of the Kit?

Knux_Chaotix
2nd February 2015, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure its just called Wipeout HD Press Kit

Dylan061997
2nd February 2015, 04:01 PM
Pretty sure its just called Wipeout HD Press Kit

you're right ;) , and good luck if you found this azteka :g

multibodydynamics
5th February 2015, 01:25 PM
I have it. It is beautiful. I can give some info about it as well. It contains Wipeout HD as it was when it was released back in september 2008. It has 16 tracks (8 forward + 8 reverse) and 12 crafts. A folder comes with it also. It states that there are 8 crafts in the game which is incorrect obviously. There is an explanation to this error. The version included in this press kit got changed in the last minute because of a failed epilepsy test in the games zone mode. SL originally intended to release the game with 8 tracks and 8 crafts and later release 4 crafts and reverse tracks as DLC. When the epilepsy failure occured they had completed the reverse tracks and made the decision to include everything in the original release. All they had to to with the zone mode was to ease down on all the crazy equalisers that was the reason to the failed epilepsy test. If you are interested in trying out this original "epilepsy zone" you have to find a preview disc. I have one from March 2008 that has 4 playable tracks, 8 crafts and the original "epilepsy zone" mode.

It should be mentioned that these discs are not playable in a retail console. You need a TEST machine (very expensive) or a converted retail (CEX2DEX).

If you still are interested here are a few links that could prove helpfull.
www.assemblergames.com
www.collectorsedition.org

azteka
6th February 2015, 11:46 AM
Do you sell it? I need only the box :) you can keep the game

multibodydynamics
6th February 2015, 12:00 PM
It is a part of my collection so it is not for sale. Why do you only need the box? Do you already have the game disc?

Knux_Chaotix
6th February 2015, 01:05 PM
I've been looking for the full thing for aaaaages now. Seems no one wants to part with it :P Cant blame them.

mannjon
7th February 2015, 03:45 AM
USA blows. Press Kit? What is that? Will it run on my NTSC PS3? I have a sad now. We never get cool $h!t here. I would still like the special edition WO3.

xtriko
27th February 2015, 07:09 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=20&attachmentid=2996

:P

multibodydynamics
28th February 2015, 10:36 PM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/album.php?albumid=411

:P

terra-wrists
1st March 2015, 01:47 AM
I thought I was in the wipeout museum lol

Mosavon
7th April 2015, 04:46 PM
Hi

Hopefully this does not break any forum rules (let me know if it does?)

I have a complete Wipeout HD Press Kit that I want to sell. Get in contact with me if there is still interest in this.

Thanks
mosavon

*Now SOLD

Knux_Chaotix
7th April 2015, 05:06 PM
Messaged you already :P

Mosavon
7th April 2015, 07:09 PM
Replied :)

*SOLD

Mosavon
9th April 2015, 04:48 PM
*sold

AdHoc
31st May 2015, 08:12 PM
@multibodydynamics or anyone else owning such a press kit: would you be willing to try to extract the files from the DVD to check if the 3D models of the game are encrypted?

This might be an incredible chance to bypass the encryption on the retail game files :hyper

multibodydynamics
31st May 2015, 08:42 PM

Only 2 pkg-files on it, or at least that is what I can see on my computer. I have no idea how to extract them.

AdHoc
1st June 2015, 01:34 AM
Thanks for your quick answer!

Use the following tool (or a similar one) to unpack the PKG files: http://www.logic-sunrise.com/forums/files/download/2550-ps3-gui-toolbox-11/

Inside, you should find another layer of archive files (such as PSARC) or just straight game data folders and files.

What we're interested in are RCSMODEL files in particular. If you open them with an hex viewer, you could check if the header is plain or encrypted.

AdHoc
2nd June 2015, 02:31 PM
multibodydynamics kindly provided the PKG files contained on the press kit. Unfortunately, and as could be expected, it's a no go...

Thanks anyways, was worth a try!

XxSuperRyugaxX
3rd June 2015, 05:43 PM
multibodydynamics kindly provided the PKG files contained on the press kit. Unfortunately, and as could be expected, it's a no go...

Thanks anyways, was worth a try!

Can you send me the PKG files?

AdHoc
3rd June 2015, 08:54 PM
What do you have in mind?

I've compared them to the retail files and they're strictly the same :|

UnleashSonic
13th October 2015, 10:56 AM
Don't suppose anyone else is considering parting with their press kit? :P

Cipher
13th October 2015, 07:50 PM
I'm sorry to disappoint *clings onto his press kit* d:

Is it for a collection you have, or for the data on it?

Cipher

UnleashSonic
14th October 2015, 12:55 AM
haha, that's okay Cipher. I think I have the data archived somewhere just for posterity sake, but after it just to ogle at :D

thp
15th March 2019, 12:36 PM
Sorry for necroposting, but I'd also be looking to buy one of those, in case somebody wants to sell.

Cipher
16th March 2019, 12:18 AM
There's one available on ebay since a couple days, but it's priced very unattractively, even more so for the condition it's in.
Linky: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WipeOut-HD-Press-Kit-Review-Code-for-PlayStation-3-PS3-Debug-Prototype/254164628069

Oh and it's in the US too, so be aware of import taxes, as they'd add a big chunk on top!

thp
16th March 2019, 02:57 PM
There's one available on ebay since a couple days, but it's priced very unattractively, even more so for the condition it's in.

Oh and it's in the US too, so be aware of import taxes, as they'd add a big chunk on top!

Yes, that price is very unattractive. What's the rough price these go for (I know this is highly subjective, but ballpark figure would be nice), and how often do these appear on eBay?

Also, this is not the version that includes the pre-epilepsy zone mode, right? Is it more or less identical to the initial PSN release?

Cipher
16th March 2019, 05:05 PM
The first one I bought was listed for 250£ but the seller was willing to negotiate and we settled on 180 + 20 shipping in the end. At the time (2015) that was 285€ (Shows what a :turd show the brexit is..)
I bought a second one in September 2017 for 240€ + 8.95 shipping (the first one was in mediocre shape, this one was pristine), I could've purchased it for less, but had quite a few back and forth messages with the guy who needed the money to resolve personal problems, friendly guy so offered him the 240 :) This was through a collectors forum.
I've also had 2 people on this forum contact me through PMs offering to sell a Wipeout HD Press kit.
1 of them said they'd be willing to part from it for 175£ (which was a good price), but I had already bought my first press kit and didn't want to spend that much money again, they ended up selling it to another forum member on here, unfortunately however, that same item then ended up on ebay for a more expensive price :(
The other person I kindly responded not being interested as I already owned 2.

In December 2017 another one showed up on ebay that went for 153€ in an auction (Also in great shape)
In march this year (2019) another one showed up, listed for 300$ with location stating Sofia, Bulgaria, which was the first one I had seen since December 2017, it was in pretty rough shape though.

The newly listed one isn't really worth it's asking price (in my opinion), and then I haven't even considered the condition, but this is up to yourself to decide. This same item however also showed up a couple of months back on ebay UK with location also stating Sofia, Bulgaria (different item, but same seller as the one from march), it was listed with a price of 450£ which dropped to 350£ after a couple of weeks, but also had the "make offer" option enabled, so it could very well be that this new listing is just re-selling said item for a higher price, which is unfortunately common on ebay :(

As you can see, prices vary wildly with these, but given enough time, I'm sure a new good deal will pop up. That does however mean you'll need to regularly check ebay for new listings (and with regularly, I mean every couple of days, which can become a pain with the amount of items containing "wipeout" in their title (you don't want to make the search too specific, or you'll miss out on some listings))
Hope this information is useful and you manage to snag yours! :)

Edit: Oh and no, this is not the one that failed the epilepsy tests, pretty much just the base game and that cool little usb card ;-)

Koleax
13th September 2019, 02:41 PM
Been a while since I posted here, but I never could forget about that wonderful Preview Edition Zone Mode.

Is there any progress on making this available? Are we at the stage where this can be emulated? Any news would be appreciated. It's been so many years.

multibodydynamics
13th September 2019, 03:37 PM
We have come a long way. A retail PS3 can be jailbroken and pkg-files can be modified, installed and played with custom firmware. These are my most successful mods to date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqNXFKMbZy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBDiRxJ-C2o

About the preview zone mode: Yes, very much playable on all 8 original tracks. I can share the pkg file originating from March 2008 preview disc. I'm not sure if the most recent PS3 firmware is hackable. I know 4.82 is. :rock

Metropia preview zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdOrJn5LTHk&t=206s

Koleax
14th September 2019, 09:59 PM
Gosh, that's wonderful! We really have come a long way. Hard to believe it's been ten years.

I would certainly be interested in that pkg. If I was actually able to get it up and running, I would feel like Christmas came early. :)