PDA

View Full Version : Just seen Al's Zone 69 video!

infoxicated
20th February 2002, 11:04 AM
Al Sartwell - is a mad man!

I cannot believe how consistant he is over the course of it - doesn't even miss a heartbeat until around Zone 40.

There are a couple of hairy moments in the freeform section, but other than that it is amazing how fast he can go. Florion Heights 1 will look slow to me from now on!

Did you know that the ship doesn't get any faster after Zone 60? The handling stats continue to increase, though, so you might want to compensate for that in your quest for the highest zone attainable by a human. (making a big assumption there!)

Well done, though, Al - it's no wonder you're the best pilot around here. I'm not even jealous, really, just impressed! :smile:

Lance
20th February 2002, 06:33 PM
i'm thinking it will take a robot [amish?] to beat him, or what is more likely, a completely non-corporeal entity!

see? i said that his gift must be consistency.
Al, how did you get so good at this, is it genetic, or is ot force of will to train infinitely, or zen mastery? :smile:

AmigoJack
20th February 2002, 06:36 PM
am i able to see that video too? (gimme url)

Wamdue
20th February 2002, 08:05 PM
yes, show us the al-vid now! i really wanna see how Als racing style looks like, so I take a couple of hints.

JABBERJAW
20th February 2002, 09:55 PM
Does it really not speed up after zone 60? It seemed to me to speed up until around 70. This took a bit of practice, but I think I can do much better now, how much I'm not sure of though.

infoxicated
20th February 2002, 10:07 PM
Al's video has been converted to Mpeg - I'll see if I can get it on the site in the next couple of days. If my really very nice boss lets me have the files, that is.

But he should - he really is a nice guy, you know.

(hint hint!) :smile:

Dado
20th February 2002, 10:34 PM
But he should - he really is a nice guy, you know.

Hey Rob dont forget you've got a girlfriend :smile: Anyway, I've seen that video, blooodyy helllll...
Amazing, I just remember the AI ship goes to zone 85, c'on Al beat the 85 :smile:

infoxicated
21st February 2002, 09:19 AM
How could I forget, Dado - turns out it wasn't necessary to crawl to the boss, he's put the vids on the server for me somewhere.

Oh, and I hope you had a better night at 5's last night, without me marking you out of the game! :wink:

Dado
21st February 2002, 01:40 PM
Oh, and I hope you had a better night at 5's last night, without me marking you out of the game! :wink:

Argh, don't remember me that match...
AWFUL :smile: I'm getting older and fatter, this is the right time for retirement I reckon :smile:)

infoxicated
21st February 2002, 03:02 PM
Well... I wasn't going to say anything, you know? :wink:

Ahem.

The rest of you will have to wait a little longer to see Al's nosebleed speed, as I'm as busy as anything at the moment. Oh yes.

science
21st February 2002, 11:44 PM
erm, im confused... i take it you two know each other?
and how did this video enter your grasp to begin with, rob?

JABBERJAW
22nd February 2002, 01:01 AM
I mailed it to him.

science
22nd February 2002, 03:48 AM
gotcha.

The Boye
26th February 2002, 11:24 PM
This could be the start of a new business venture for you Al.

How about making up a compilation CD of some perfect laps from the previous WipEout's. I for one wouldn't mind seeing some megajumps from W3SE.

JABBERJAW
1st March 2002, 12:10 AM
Already got one, just send your address to alfredsartwell@hotmail.com

Confusion
1st March 2002, 12:28 AM
Can I have one too? I take it I have to pay shipping cost right?

Spaceboy Gajo
3rd March 2002, 04:27 PM
I too wouldn't mind seeing this.

For all I know, they could have used you Al during the taping of the "Atom Bomb" video. It's like they gave the actress the controls and taped her games :smile:

JABBERJAW
5th March 2002, 12:47 AM
I might pick up a cd burner soon, so give me a little time here. If you want the tape email me. I've got to see how much this is going to cost me, I only work as an aid at the high school, so you can imagine my salary.

infoxicated
5th March 2002, 09:09 AM
Al, I have the tape in mpeg format - I haven't been able to put them on the site due to monster deadlines and being rushed off my feet over the last two weeks.

Hopefully I'll have the time to get them uploaded today, though, as there's a bit of a lull now.

FishDK
21st March 2002, 11:08 PM
...I don't think Al is human!..I will call him Commander Data from now on.

Seriously. Al sent me his video and he is so good it's not even funny!
I felt like I was witnessing Moses crossing the waters. It's not Al moving; it's the tracks getting the hell out of his way!!!

either he
a) spends too much time on this game
b) is not human
c) or is just amazingly good at this game

I only have myself to compare with but now I understand why his times are so fast. I didn't even know it was possible to take those shortcuts and his use of the powertruster in WO3 is awesome (takes notes)

Damn you Al! *waves fist at him* :grin:

Laters all!

<>< amazed FISH ><>

AmishRobot
22nd March 2002, 03:33 AM
I have got to see this thing.

Are you going to be able to post it infox, or should I ask Al?

Lance
22nd March 2002, 05:06 AM
ok, dammit, i must see this, too. it isn't enough that i am humbled just by looking at the numbers.
:smile:

infoxicated
22nd March 2002, 08:26 AM
I haven't been given the mpeg of the tape after all, and I'm not going to press for it because I've given up on it.

Maybe if Al furnishes me with a tape or an mpeg it will appear on the site, but other than that it's not going to make an appearance.

bunkergate.7
21st February 2003, 08:42 AM
my god I once was happy to reach zone 46...!!

Can you send me this video too?

Bei Adrenalinmangel wird ihnen wipeout empfohlen!!

stin
21st February 2003, 07:33 PM
What about OGGOB? I think he did managed to pass 100 mark!! but I could be wrong

stin :o

Wamdue
21st February 2003, 08:19 PM
id love to see that video :))

wipeout skill-movies are extremly rare :D

Lance
21st February 2003, 08:51 PM
both Al and OGGOB passed the 100 mark long long ago, not long after they got the game
:o

DJ Techno
22nd February 2003, 12:16 AM
Stin...How about..

WHAT!!!!!
*shruggs shoulders*

Now I have my work cut in for me....
Looks like i have a lot of work to do...
I'm still challenging Al's times in WO3, in all respect, progression and racing has improved!

jmoid
22nd February 2003, 11:16 AM
i think al got past 100 too.

lunar
22nd February 2003, 04:02 PM
Hellfire broke zone 100 too, though Oggob got the highest. Assayeah should also be mentioned for being in the same class as Oggob. Awesome stuff, as anyone whose tried will know. :o

Vasudeva
22nd February 2003, 07:30 PM
You know, if you interpret "Al's Zone 69 video" in the wrong context... This topic becomes censor-ready ;).

I guess it's just me :D.

V.

Hellfire_WZ
22nd February 2003, 07:33 PM
I think Oggob's record stands at 151. BTW, didn't he make a zone 100 video himself at some point? :-?

pedrodaman
22nd February 2003, 11:05 PM
Yes i believe he did ..And he sent it into the Studio Livi boys to upload to the official site ..But nothing ever came of it ..
Pitty it would have been nice to watch..

My best on Zone mode has been 92 after that i could not bring myself to try for the ton ..

Maybe someday i will give it a go :D