PDA

View Full Version : PSN *sigh*

Light Buster
16th January 2015, 05:39 PM
Anyone have an issue connecting to PSN? I keep getting this error code 80710092 and I am getting annoyed, even buying a new PS3 doesn't do much justice.

terra-wrists
16th January 2015, 05:43 PM
I had the same problem over xmas man, when the hack was going on...

but I found ths vid which may help you out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnOo0qFbZI

hope it helps

Cipher
17th January 2015, 11:22 AM
I hope you didn't get new PS3 just for that?

@Mosh's vid thingy, those DNS IDs are ISP dependant (unless they are public ones, didn't check), google has public dns's too, but never tried, don't even know if that's the problem (they're 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 though)

But yeah, thinking it's just PSN issues, had these problems throughout september->december, especially on PS Vita, think it was just server overload, since it often only happened in afternoon/evening/nights, but not morning-noon
Bugged them on PSN help forums and their twitter accounts to upgrade their servers, not sure what they did in the end, doubt it was my words, but it seems to have been resolved here (EU region)

Cipher

terra-wrists
17th January 2015, 05:39 PM
couple days ago they were undergoing maintenance if I remember right.

Light Buster
18th January 2015, 02:27 AM
@Cipher Unfortunately I did, but my issue was resolved nevertheless.

@terra-wrists The video can help in the future.

It seemed for me that the security had to do something with it. This worked at my house but not at my dads.

Cipher
18th January 2015, 06:53 PM
Ouch :/

You have Universal Plug and Play Enabled on your modem? (uPnP)
It would be strange that it's a security setting if it's been working fine all along until now though, unless your ISP did things

Cipher

Light Buster
18th January 2015, 07:48 PM
@Cipher: I actually don't know. Never checked that.

At least I benefit from a larger disc space and more compact PS3.

XxSuperRyugaxX
21st January 2015, 09:45 AM
@Cipher: I actually don't know. Never checked that.

At least I benefit from a larger disc space and more compact PS3.

80710092 is caused by high traffic to servers. So, it can happen if a loooot of people are connecting at the same time, or because it is just too busy. Also, it can happen for external attacks ( example DDoS )