PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout 2048 - Online Campaign Wipe

Cipher
9th October 2014, 04:53 AM
Not sure if i should've posted this in tech support or not, if so, please feel free to move/merge it, thx.

But couple of days ago my online campaign got wiped (again :p), but at least this time i had a backup, although a couple weeks old, still had one, so i figured i would simply restore the backup (which i know was with my online campaign intact as that was the reason for backing up lol), but now, after restoring, it seems the online campaign is still wiped clean?? Does this mean the online campaign is stored in the cloud/ sony servers? Making a backup for it kinda pointless?

And does anyone have any clue why this happens? Didn't really have any internet problems at the time it occurred, nor do i remember exiting the game improperly last time i played :/

Also, full vita backups just to backup your save-data are annoyiiiiiiiing >.< They're 6 gigs each, and i only really need the save data backed up, music/video/pictures i archive manually, so yeah..

Cipher

Jonny
9th October 2014, 08:43 PM
Mine was also wiped today, but I know that using the backup is completely pointless.
I know that I could help, after you get this introduction message, to go into cross-play and direcetly leave it, then again go to the MP-campaign.
However, I couldnĀ“t use this trick right now, because Sony once again changed some rules and I have to log in with my fathers account, to autorise the usage of MP-stuff.
I AM F*CKING 16 YEARS OLD SONY. I KNOW WHAT I DO ONLINE!!!11one
AND I WAS LVL 13!!!eleven

Sorry, but this must got out.:redface:

Ace3000
10th October 2014, 08:22 AM
*Needs to be 18+ years to access online content of a 7+ rated game.*

Sony Logic.

Cipher
10th October 2014, 09:52 AM
@Jonny i tried that cross play thingy as well, i actually go to cross play first before going to the online campaign every time, but that didn't seem to work this time, it got wiped either way, and then using the trick to get it back didn't work either :/
Got to lvl 16 myself lol, so close, but then, 2048 goes all like; "Nope." :D

I have had an experience one time where it all came back after a couple of days though, but i dunno if that's the case this time, so yeah, a bit annoying >.>

And lol Ace, if you put it that way, it's kind of funny :P

Cipher

Jonny
10th October 2014, 10:33 AM
Ace is right. In Germany, Sony made some tough "youth protection" rules.

Jonny
15th October 2014, 10:57 PM
I sorted out these autorisation issues and am glad that my online progress is back. However, nobody is onine :P

Amaroq Dricaldari
4th December 2015, 04:50 AM
So, somehow my online progress wiped itself, despite my not having saved my game. And the Crossplay recovery trick isn't working anymore. And because my Wi-Fi signal is always failing, I can basically say goodbye to having my alternate color schemes, permanently.

If Sony hadn't killed Studio Liverpool, this crap wouldn't be happening. I honestly can see why they're going bankrupt.