PDA

View Full Version : PS Vita Content Manager Assistant problems

Snakenator1
6th October 2014, 08:23 PM
So Sony released the new update for the PS Vita and its royally screwed me over now :mad:

I use my Vita a lot as a camera for field coursework in my A level subjects, the fact I can use the USB charging cable to transfer images and videos to my laptop ready to use in my work is of a enormous benefit since I don't own a conventional camera.

But since the new update just recently, my Vita can no longer connect to my Laptop and its really infuriating. In fact I don't think my manager will run anymore as I try to open it and nothing happens anymore :?
I've tried the three suggested actions (Run manager, use the USB cable, turn off USB charging) and nothing has worked. I even un-installed the app and re-installed it and to no avail.
Anyone else got this problem or any ideas on what I can do???

slimjim
6th October 2014, 09:17 PM
well i dont have a vita but if my phone wont show up when connected via usb cable i keep it plugged in and restart pc not sure if that will work for you

multibodydynamics
6th October 2014, 09:27 PM
Win XP is no longer supported.

mannjon
6th October 2014, 09:37 PM
You may be able to bypass things by setting up a wireless local area network. I have mine setup where I can move file via a wireless connection. If nothing else, you could email your files or use dropbox from your Vita.

Aidan
7th October 2014, 10:29 AM
You might want to try a CMA alternative like QCMA, it's a cross platform, open source CMA. It has lots of nice features such as offline mode.

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=34677

Just make sure you uninstall sony's CMA and vita drivers since it uses its own ones. It should work it 3.30 but I haven't tested it since I'm still on 3.18.

Cipher
9th October 2014, 04:46 AM
Although i am running Mac OSX ML, i also got the update and it still works fine for me Snake. I am connecting over wifi though, but USB connection should be more reliable, have you tried manually removing the registry entries for content manager? (assuming you run windows), if you run mac try trashing the files in ~/user/library/application support/sony corporation/content manager assistant

Windows also has the Application Support folder (called Application Data), but i forgot where exactly, should be the same directory i suppose ;)

Cipher

Ace3000
9th October 2014, 08:53 AM
Just make sure you uninstall sony's CMA and vita drivers since it uses its own ones.

That just reminded me of something you haven't mentioned trying, Snake. Try uninstalling, then re-installing the drivers for the vita on your laptop, maybe it's causing issues with the updated vita OS and the CMA