PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's 125th Anniversary

Snakenator1
22nd September 2014, 08:41 PM
So one of the pioneers and saviours of the video gaming industry has come along way, a very impressive accomplishment in my opinion. The Nintendo 64 was my first ever games console so they have had a big impact on my life from a very young age, I remember it like it was yesterday seeing that marvel. I'm still loyal to them more so than other game companies (except for SL obviously ;) )
I am a proud owner of the following: SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Gameboy colour, Gameboy advance SP, DS, 3DS.

From making cards to the development of many ingenious and intuitive games on the market. 125 years makes Nintendo the veteran of all video games in my opinion.

So I was curious, how has Nintendo impacted your life?? I could go on a tangent but what about you guys?

keg_11
22nd September 2014, 10:19 PM
Surprisingly, I would say I'm one of the few gaming fans in the world that hasn't been influenced by Nintendo: My first console was the PS1 (and stuck to PS ever since) and didn't get my first Nintendo (a DS slim) until two years ago.

But still, Nintendo are still and forever be the benchmark in video gaming and has brought along quite a few games that rate quite high on my favourites lsit (Pokemon XY, Scribblenaughts, F-Zero, Mario Party [the bastard!] etc.)

Knux_Chaotix
22nd September 2014, 10:52 PM
My first console was the Sega Megadrive (Genesis if you're overseas) and went on through the Saturn, Dreamcast then to Playstation. I was on the rival end :P Proud owner of an original Gameboy, Gameboy pocket, Colour, Advance, Advance SP and my Gamecube. Was only really Pokemon on my Gameboy and the Sonic stuff on the Gamecube for me. Kudos to them for being around so long and to the fact they're still continuing to put consoles and games out there.

TheConzio
23rd September 2014, 03:54 AM
As with Knux, my first console was the Sega Megadrive. Loved the Sonic games.
I then found WipEout and was hooked. It must have been the speed, as with Sonic's games.

My experience with Nintendo would be on the DS and the Wii. The DS was great as it was my first handheld, but the Wii didn't last for too long. It did however provide good fun with friends, like with Wii Sports and Mario Kart.

Xpand
23rd September 2014, 02:39 PM
Never owned a Nintendo console, but played the gameboy and DS with my friends. I started with a SEGA Dreamcast and then PS2, PSP and PS3 (because of wipeout), but in general I'm more of a PC gamer.

I don't dislike nintendo but they seem to make all the wrong decisions mainly because they're stubborn. Ok, their products are great, but often times they're completely subpar because Nintendo refused to use new technology (N64 for example).

mannjon
24th September 2014, 03:54 AM
1. Super Mario Bro's 3 is still one of the greatest games ever.
2. Introduced me to original Final Fantasy.
3. SNES!!!! FFVI, Secret of Mana, AND CHRONO TRIGGER!!!!!!
4. Wipeout64... erm, well... they tried.
5. Then when I was in college the first time, I got a Wii. This was back in the days when you were lucky to find one for $400 when they first came out. I was in the Industrial Design Department, and we had access to a large scale plotter. After bribing the tech in charge, I printed out 10' of a bowling alley graphic, and a smaller putting green. For about 2 years, my trailer was the place to hangout on weekends. The only other thing to do at the time was FFXII and Wipeout Fusion. We kept it classy with Bowling and Golf Get Drunk Night. To this day I still can't play Wii Sports worth a damn without a few drinks! ^_^

Much later Xenoblade Chronicles came out. I lucked out and got the Special Edition with Artbook and Knick-knacks. I had the Zelda games too, but they gathered dust. I had to move back in with the parents, and it was Xenoblade and Mariokart that kept me going.