PDA

View Full Version : British GP on this week

RJ O'Connell
18th July 2003, 07:09 PM
America:Speed Channel,7:30 AM EST

This year it's gone down to the wire in terms of the champiosnhip with Michael Schumacher and Kimi Raikkonen. The F1 Circus returns to their "home country" of Britain, just in time for Studio Liverpool's FO2003!!!! :D

Your thoughts?

Thruster2097
18th July 2003, 09:46 PM
Over-rated, totally over-hyped, and dont even get me started about the game! :x

The only real drivers in the team are the test drivers. I saw most of them at goodwood festival of speed last week where they put on a phenomenal display. Jenson Button was the only star driver that gave a proper show, DC just poodled around in some tin-can-with-wheels, didnt even wave!

F1 should be unrestricted. Bring back fully movable aerowings, suction fans, turbos (even turbines!) and then we can see some character - and action.

(just waiting for infoxx to totally cain me :) )

RJ O'Connell
18th July 2003, 10:53 PM
Or maybe allow WipEout weapons!!!!! :o But the fatalities would increase dramatically,of course.

lunar
19th July 2003, 09:29 AM
Thrusty, I agree with you about F1 the "sport". It really is shockingly dull, but Gran Turismo games are its gaming equivalent I think, just a videogame form of trainspotting.

But I`ve played the new F1 game for a couple of hours and I think it could be a triumph for Studio Liverpool, maybe even bearing comparison with Toca2, being all about gameplay rather than cheap wins and unlocking more and more cars and "features" I don`t really want.

I can`t think of any reasonable criticisms of F1 2003, and could go on forever about the ways in which its well-designed and easy to use. It also has very short loading times (for the PS2) and great graphics with no slowdown, even at the start with 20 cars and the most spectacular rain effects I`ve seen in a race game. In bumper view, in the rain, it really is very very tense.

I`ve gone through my mental checklist of all the things I hate about some racing games, and this one doesn`t suffer from any of them. Its tough and still manages to be fun. If the team that made this were now to move on to another wipeout, I think they`d actually manage to make us all all happy.

RJ O'Connell
20th July 2003, 02:13 AM
amen to that!!!! I made a carskin representing Feisar as an F1 team....only I know what the game is though. It's low quality,very basic but kinda well representing!

Thruster2097
20th July 2003, 04:56 PM
to be honest I made that judgement just about what I heard on F1-2003.
Played it today.

I will eat my words, my hat, my lunch, and possibly my hat again.
F12003 IS the greatest F1 console game. The engine pitch is perfection. For all the cars. Interior cockpit cam is just the ultimate F1 experience, all the cars liveries are beautifully represented, along with all the tracks. Little details like the generic camera angle - where the camera pans slightly into the direction of each turn so you get a better view of the apex- just makes this experience even better.

The only thing that I can possibly whinge about is that I feel the lighting on the tunnel at monaco is too bright.... you could have a momentary glare across the screen to mimic the drivers eyes reacting to the light change, like in Isle of Man TT on the SegaSaturn.
subtle, but totally effective. And thats the only improvement I can suggest. Studio Liverpool gets 10/10

now why cant we have a wipeout like that, gentlemen? :lol:

RJ O'Connell
21st July 2003, 02:28 AM
Next Wipeout should have a bit more realism. Example:Shoot a guy in the tailpipe with a missile,speed drops (engine damage?) When a craft wipes out,how about in some cases make it do barrel rolls down the track,tearing the craft to shreds of sheetmetal? :D

Oh,and put names above the pilots craft,I just don't get why they didn't. I want to know If i'm blowing up Natasha or Zala dammit! :x