PDA

View Full Version : DS4 controller issue

slimjim
1st September 2014, 02:23 PM
not really sure where to post this but im looking for some help and advice as my title says my DS4 has an issue that is weird when i press the R2 button it makes things move left like when im on the home screen of ps4 it will just scroll left with no input on my stick it also happens in games. it never done this when i first had it and i dont really want to return it just looking for suggestions to see if i can get this sorted out:frown:

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 02:30 PM
hmm, I don't have a PS4 so I can't really help here I'm afraid.

Have you checked out the controller mapping for your DS4 ? Maybe somewhere in the settings there is a universal controller set up which might have been effed with??? Just thinking aloud here.

slimjim
1st September 2014, 02:33 PM
well i dont think the ps4 has anything like that or id try to calibrate it somehow

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 02:34 PM
have you tried with old PS3 controller to see if it does the same thing?

slimjim
1st September 2014, 02:35 PM
dont think it works on ps4

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 02:38 PM
hmmm. If you know anyone with a PS4 ask them to bring their controller over to test it out... if the problem persists, it's most likely a PS4 problem and if not, vice versa.

Identify the problem source: controller or PS4, first.

slimjim
1st September 2014, 02:40 PM
that is a good idea now to find someone with a ps4 ;)

also just for the fun of it i hooked it up to my laptop and on controller settings here is a calibration setting and without changing anything on there and only pressing R2 shows the stick moving on8928

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 03:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXx5Nt8ua9k ;)

there u go

that may be the source of the problem... a nearly broken shoulder button.

slimjim
1st September 2014, 03:23 PM
nope my shouler button in itself is fine just pressing it makes something happen digitally to left stick input

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 03:34 PM
hhmmmm...

i tink best bet is to find another DS4 contoller and test it on your ps4 bud.

slimjim
1st September 2014, 03:37 PM
i dont know anyone who would lend me one

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 05:56 PM
damn... what about taking your PS4 and controller back to the shop you got it from and having them test it there?

surely they can just plug your controller into one of the PS4 demo machines and you will know if its the controller or the PS4 from then on...

...if it's the PS4, return it to the shop you got it from and get yo money back ! (dont forget to back up your game save progress to a USB)

slimjim
1st September 2014, 05:57 PM
got it online from zavvi

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 06:04 PM
frack...

... you know no one with a PS4 locally?

how about just taking your controller into a game store just to see if its broken? tell the guys in the shop that you want to test it to see if its your controller or the PS4 that is faulty, and maybe they can give you some advice... who knows? Maybe they've received similar complaints?

slimjim
1st September 2014, 07:30 PM
well on the official playstation forums i made a thread and apart from a post that says return it only one other guy has the issue so it cant be common might have one or two local people on my friend list but most of my local friends have xbox

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 10:10 PM
keep us updated bud :) hope theres a solution for you on this.

slimjim
2nd September 2014, 12:40 PM
later on tonight i should be able to try a different controller so il mention my results after

Edit i tried a different controller and it doesnt do what mine does so i guess my controller is naff not entirely sure what my next move is

terra-wrists
2nd September 2014, 07:44 PM
return it to zavvi - see what their returns policy is, and get them to send you a new one?

I'd hate for you to have to fork out for another controller.

Well, there is a silver lining to this dark cloud bud, look at it this way - least it's not the PS4 eh? :)

slimjim
2nd September 2014, 08:33 PM
yeah thats what i was glad about it not being my ps4 itself. i dont mind pulling my controller apart to see if i can fix it myself but not sure what would be causing this

terra-wrists
2nd September 2014, 08:38 PM
I think it's better you just send it back bud. Get a replacement. Otherwise you may find that you've opened the thing, and voided the warranty without fixing it.

slimjim
2nd September 2014, 08:40 PM
its already been opened due to peeling rubber on the sticks and i have made sure everything is correctly attached so thats not a reason for the weird goings on

didnt know if it could be software related like an update on ps4 itself causing the issue

terra-wrists
2nd September 2014, 09:25 PM
its weird how this has happened, for sure bud.

You sure you not holding the controller upside down? :D jokes aside - this is buggin me out - how does a shoulder button remap itself?

Unless it develops a conscious and wants to live? :D oh sheesh, another joke... k, k, my bad,

slimjim
2nd September 2014, 09:33 PM
well it must be something like programming wise because inside is like circuit boards and the plastic stuff with contact stuff on it and two ribbons so its not as if it can be physically touching or nudging it i guess my only option is to send it back but that would leave me with no controller

and im sure if there was a section in the main settings that i could map the buttons it would save time and effort

terra-wrists
2nd September 2014, 09:50 PM
and you didn't find no positronic outputs, thank goodness for that! or else, we could be in danger of cyberdine systems becoming a reality in our own lifetimes :D

slimjim
2nd September 2014, 09:56 PM
after i loosened the dilithium crystals and took the flux capacitor out it was easy only 5 screws in total to have sticks and mobo out and no to the positronic outputs

terra-wrists
2nd September 2014, 09:59 PM
you found both, dilitihium crystals and a flux capacitor? dude, I think your controller just is effing with the space time continuum, merging 2 separate realities into one... what's it's game plan? if any?

*see what I did there? :D

slimjim
2nd September 2014, 10:21 PM
dont know i dont want to be without a controller so i guess buy another and return my original

Edit i bought a new controller and will return my original at a later date :D