PDA

View Full Version : petition decision

science
20th February 2002, 03:56 AM
alright, it seems that the north american petition is fading from the minds of most people. i think we should decide whether it is going to get a prime spot on wipeoutzone, or whether we should go ahead and turn it in to the appropriate people. i suppose this decision ultimately falls upon foxy and burnhead. im not trying to pressure anyone in to doing one thing or the other, im just trying to keep the idea fresh in everyone's heads.

BurnHead
20th February 2002, 09:02 AM
Sorry dude - but I don't have a server where I could host it (and I don't have enough money to buy or rent one - I still have to pay my car, remember? :wink:)
I think hosting it on the Wipeoutzone Server is the best decision - and I'm sure Foxy will implement it when he has some spare time!

btw... I haven't forgotten the petition :smile:

AmishRobot
20th February 2002, 01:47 PM
I think it's pretty safe to say that if it's not at E3 this year, we're not going to get it. So I think it's important that we get it to them before then. If infox can get it up on WipeoutZone by March (no pressure, honest! :smile: ), we'll have one month to post on forums and try to get links on gaming sites, which I think is the most important. Then we can submit it at the end of March, with a month left for them to decide.

To be honest, I don't think the amount of sigs we have so far wil make any difference.

Thanks again to Master BurnHead for creating it to begin with!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AmishRobot on 2002-02-20 14:48 ]</font>

Lance
20th February 2002, 06:08 PM
yeah, i'm not sure that a relatively small hardcore group is going to influence Sony's decision very much. BUT, we have to try!

jmoid
20th February 2002, 11:46 PM
yeah you should at least try it.

AmishRobot
21st February 2002, 01:40 AM
I definitely think we should try it, but I think we should wait just a bit longer to try and get one last push for more sigs.

Task
21st February 2002, 04:15 AM
Sounds like a good plan. End of March.
Personally, I plan on going down to SCEA HQ (just a little south of me, I can drive there in 20 minutes) and making a nuisance of myself until I get some kind of a response. 8 )

Lance
21st February 2002, 04:30 AM
arrested?

:grin:

Task
21st February 2002, 04:40 AM
Hey, then I could be in the news and in the papers and everything! Yeah! Great idea Lance! This'll give our cause more media coverage than _anything_! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Task on 2002-02-21 05:40 ]</font>

Wiseman
22nd February 2002, 05:31 AM
I have a funny feeling that if Sony doesn't bring it over, another company will.

THQ has already picked up a Motocross game from Europe on the X-Box, Eidos has that new label that's bringing over that mosquito game from Japan...

And, shoot, Acclaim is still making the Extreme G series, so if compaines see these as viable sources of revinues, then somebody will pick up Wipeout Fusion.

Shoot, it's already been converted to NTSC.... how much easier can you get?

All you need are some corporate dudes to make the deal with Sony and the artists who have music in the game...

Hell, Eidos is filled with nothing but a bunch of spineless corporate losers desprate to make a quick buck.....

And THQ is know for picking up games like this....

Wipeout Fusion is just too popular to go unnoticed....

Unless Sony holds it back and says "No, you can't have it."

Then I'm going to be right next to Jay down at the Sony offices, saying "You listen here you bunch of spineless corporate @$$holes, you have 3 choices, A)release Fusion in the states, B)give it to someone who will, or C)submit to endless amounts of excruciating torture by your's truly, only if to be faced with this decision again.

You decide."

Lance
22nd February 2002, 01:51 PM
sigh. the spineless are not likely to talk to anyone; that's what they have press secretarys for.

should we be picking on invertebrates? i kinda like octopi. [the non-human, non-corporate ones]

Xono
24th February 2002, 02:23 AM
Shoot, it's already been converted to NTSC.... how much easier can you get?

Is that so? Where did you hear that...?

FishDK
24th February 2002, 03:31 AM
There is a "PAL to NTSC" patch so you can play it on a Modded PS2...

<>< F I S H ><>

AmishRobot
24th February 2002, 04:39 AM
Infoxicated mentioned not long ago that the game was being converted to NTSC. Unfortunately he didn't have any info on an actual publisher.

Fish, can you point to any information on this PAL to NTSC patch? I've done a lot of looking, and haven't found anything.