PDA

View Full Version : I am SO infuriated right now

Amaroq Dricaldari
24th August 2014, 06:07 PM
So, I had finished the multipywr campaign a while ago, and even though I didn't have all of the nodes completed I still had unlocked the skins.

Well, you know how PSN went down recently? Well, I launched the game to find that ALL of my multiplayer skins were gone, along with my progress, and I haven't even TOUCHED the multiplayer in well over a month. So I rebooted the game, and it was STILL gone. And because PSN is down, I can't even start multiplayer events to get my skins back.

Amaroq Dricaldari
25th August 2014, 09:57 AM
Update: My progress somehow recovered itself, so I am not AS mad anymore. I thought I was gonna have to do all 210 races again.

mannjon
30th August 2014, 10:04 PM
You know, as much as I love 2048, I doubt I'll play much after getting the Plat. I have about 20 races left for the multiplayer, and that is the only trophy I have left. After that it won't matter nearly as much.

Ragsus Maxima
31st August 2014, 08:33 PM
I'm in the same boat too. Once I get the plat, I'll be less likely to continue playing online at 2048. In fact, maybe I'll stop playing it completely and focus on the single player events. That if my online progress doesn't get knackered...

mannjon
1st September 2014, 01:39 AM
The good thing about this forum is that most of us are friends or are otherwise connected. As such, the addition of the "Near" challenges is really the only online competition I need.

I've had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun trying to beat Near challenges than the online campaign. As long as I get the plat, I would be happy to just accept that small victory and spend the rest of the time in 2048 trying to go for records. For me, I have a Vita and a PS3. So I would much rather just play WOHD online than 2048. I just cannot stand having a 93% completion rate when I know that the only thing holding me back is the online campaign completion.

In fact, I HATE MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES with a passion. This whole concept of online grinding sucks. For me, multiplayer online is what you do AFTER you get a platinum trophy. I mean, what happens when no one plays online anymore? You get stuck with a few trophies you will never achieve. I'm not a trophy hunter, but for the games I truly adore, it is a nice rite of passage to know that I've fully completed a game. WOHD did it right. There were a few online trophies that were somewhat challenging (except the dreaded Bling Brigade) that you could achieve without having to grind for them. That is how it SHOULD be. Online grinding just for the sake of a trophy really pisses me off. It takes the fun out of a game and makes me want to finish it then never play it again.

terra-wrists
1st September 2014, 02:07 AM
I HATE MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES

Personally, I think trophies are pointless. For kids who want to clock a game and then boast, like they're masters or something. Plenty of peeps have platted HD Fury but online they're toast...

...When I beat zico years ago, I did it by accident. I remember it well, I was like "ok, well, that was a bit random" :D I was just demo-ing HD Fury to a friend, and showing them where the BR spots were, then PING - "beat zico" :D big freaking deal. Did it second lap too lol.

So I'm kinda with you on this one mannjon. Trophies... WHY?????? :D

Amaroq Dricaldari
7th September 2014, 06:47 PM
On the subject of multiplayer and how 2048 compares to HD... there is something that bugs me whenever I open up crossplay, and/ or the DLC campaigns: The HD tracks take nowhere near as long to load as the 2048 ones , why? Is it something to do with length? (The 2048 tracks are pretty long.)

Anyways, 2048 multiplayer would have been a lot more bearable of they had a lobby browser and a Racebox function for it, which is what they did just fine for the crossplay function.