PDA

View Full Version : Prime Minister Blair (no politics, just comedy)

AmishRobot
17th July 2003, 10:36 PM
Tony Blair loves us! He REALLY loves us!! :P

I just listened to Blair's speech to the US Senate, and his press conference with Bush afterwards. I will definitely say that he's quite an eloquent speaker. Listening to him alongside Bush is like listening to a debate between Pauly Shore and William F. Buckley.

You have to admit, though, that if they weren't world leaders, they would have made a great comedy team.

-The duo sit down for a friendly board game-

Blair: "You ponce! You've caused the sinking of my battleship!"
Bush: "Darn tootin' I did. That there ship was nuk-yu-lar!"
Blair: "One of these days, you're going to get me into such a sticky-wicket..."

*applause*
<cue Odd Couple theme>

infoxicated
18th July 2003, 08:15 AM
I think that the two of them deserve a far more sinister theme tune... something along the lines of the X-Files, for example.

AmishRobot
18th July 2003, 12:25 PM
Hmmm... Ideal theme songs for political leaders:

Tony Blair: Dawson's Creek theme (possibly the Friends theme)
Dubya: Dukes of Hazzard theme
John Ashcroft: X-Files theme
Donald Rumsfeld: GI Joe theme
Colin Powell: The Facts of Life theme
Osama Bin Laden: Absolutely Fabulous theme ("Wheels on Fire"-Just fits, somehow)
Saddam Hussein: Branded theme
Kim Jong Il: A-Team theme
Yasser Arafat: Diff'rent Strokes theme
Ariel Sharon: Diff'rent Strokes theme (Oakenfold remix)
Charles Taylor: Cheers theme

any suggestions?

Lance
18th July 2003, 02:50 PM
i don't know which one exactly, but sOmebody should have gotten the ''Live and Let Die'' theme from the first roger moore 007 movie

RJ O'Connell
18th July 2003, 07:01 PM
Well,for any visit to England Bush would need to learn some English :lol:

Lance
18th July 2003, 08:45 PM
even learning some American would be good

Thruster2097
18th July 2003, 10:05 PM
for Blair - any tune associated with a circus :P

I would rather have homer simpson as a leader than mr.i-speak-with-my-hands.
the only problem is that Labour got into power by promising to do stuff which is possible, but hasnt been done before. So far, we've seen our NI contributions and taxes go up, and the important stuff like hospitals, education and public transport are at their worst so far! But it doesnt matter who we vote for, Conservative will just raise taxes again and complain that Labour left the country in such a bad state that its going to take at least ten years to sort out.

But this is the mighty England, and we have billions of pounds to spend on nothing! Look at our wembley stadium, It was fine the way it was, but we have had the whole stadium torn down for about a year now, and not one brick has been laid of the new one. And yet somehow that costs £20M. "estimated" total costs said to be £11Bn.

The japanese can get a stadium for £200,000, and installed and ready in under 4 months.

And if you needed more proof, look at the milennium dome. What a joke! :lol:

:rant over: :wink:

Thruster2097
18th July 2003, 10:08 PM
:apologies to all

I got started on politics, and didnt know when to stop!
No more political stuff here.

if you want a dancing bush or blair, you can go to miniclip.com

AmishRobot
18th July 2003, 10:12 PM
Anyone remember the show "Spitting Image"? That show really needs to come back.

Edit:
Whoops! I just did a little reading on Spitting image, and I guess most of you from England would certainly remember it. In America, it was a pretty obscure show that ran only a couple seasons in the mid-eighties, and thus remains a distant (but loved) childhood memory for me.

Thruster2097
18th July 2003, 10:23 PM
I've been told that Bo Selecta is the same as spitting image, but I cant see the similarities myself

A great anthem would be the from when Doink the Clown used to make his entrance into the WWF ring.

Damn, I just made myself lol! Think of a bush/blair wrestling tag-team!

RJ O'Connell
18th July 2003, 10:51 PM
AAAAAAAAND IN THE RING,WEIGHING IN AT A TOTAL OF 400-SOMETHING POUNDS,"DUBYA" AND TONY BLAIR!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: