PDA

View Full Version : STOP PRESS: Formula Fusion - Next gen Wipeout - from ex Wipeout Devs.

MrFisty
31st July 2014, 06:38 PM
Hi guys,

I thought I would post details of our new project - FORMULA FUSION. It features music produced by DUB FX and other cool urban artists, together with all sorts of other juicy offerings.

We have a few interesting spins on the core concept and we are pulling it back a little in terms of the Sci-fi ness of the art. To try and make it more RAW and Craft based - similar to the tech/teams in F1 - rather than loosing it's charm by dressing it up with generic far future style.

The tracks will all be honed by the community and we will give people the opportunity to join up to the Test Pilot program - something that made the Wipeout games what they are - LOTS of testing right from the off!! So, we are tentatively dipping our toe into the pool of wipeout fans to try and get some feedback, love, and support - and you have our promise to listen to what you say every step of the way. When we were developing the game we were all well aware that it was your baby as much as ours, so we want to get it right this time too! There is definitely a fine art to doing this sort of game, and our deep seated knowledge of what went right and what went wrong, what went into creating that visceral experience is the thing that will set this aside from other offerings.

Anyway - I loved working on Wipeout - it was the purest design/game experience of my career and I want to try and bring some of that purity back into the game. If I'm honest the brand needed a bit of a shake up, and I honestly think that we have something we can evolve into the next big AG experience - and to keep it less corporate and more indie. I will post up news and updates as things progress but here's a little glimpse of some early concept pre-viz work..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDuN74c6gDk&feature=youtu.be

For now - much love,

R8 Games Team!

- - - Updated - - -

Early WIP

Cipher
31st July 2014, 08:07 PM
Looks nice, but I think a key aspect of wipeout is that it IS the future, ranging from simple anti gravity racing to crazy quakes all wrapped up in a nicely presented package of fun. Although not much is shown in that vid, i'm assuming since you mention F1 as well as reducing the sci-fi ness, i'm thinking race tracks will be made in a typical race track environment (read; stands, flat fenced of tracks and little environmental variation over the course of the track,… you know, the typical F1/ race car games). Wipeout has always been different in that aspect, flying through mountain ranges, apocalyptic and utopian areas, cities, and heck, even straight through a freaggin mall! It's crazy to think about such a thing when it comes down to it, but that's what makes it futuristic, it also allows for very dynamic track design, heavily banked, twisting tracks with hills going vertical and drops becoming jumps. It's anti gravity after all, exploit that concept, you're no longer as heavily restricted to this annoying thing called gravity :)

Another, in my opinion, major and very important thing is the variety in ships, each having their own completely different design from the other, it is, what i think allows pilots to get "a bond" with their ship, the visualisation, all ships are the same, but just have a different texture applied, it does distinct one from the other, but it makes it less interesting. Not sure if ships will be equal in performance or not, if they aren't and all ships look the same, then it's only numbers/sliders that make a ship different and you wont get that feeling of, this is my favourite ship, i love flying this thing and will show that it can outperform others just as well! Wether you picked Feisar because it had that typical japanese tint to it, Harimau for it's smooth curves, Mirage cuz it's cute as hell, Piranha for looking badass, Triakis for being military themed, or any other ship for a different reason, one can relate/reflect him/herself upon their ship, it's like implementing personalisation into the game, without implementing it (the usual emblems/ textures).
They don't have any tweaking either, (except for the difference between HD/Fury then, but those are still quite fixed anyway), there's no need to make it complex like that, it's something that actually annoys me in most racing games, all kinds of hassle to figure out the best setup, and once you find it, you're sticking to it, pointless imo :p

Would love to hear more on the mechanics, as i don't want to criticize without knowing what the idea is (weapons or not? Mostly flat tarmac or not? Anti gravity as in, you can go flying, or anti gravity as in you're hovering above the track? Arcade or futuristic simulator? Speed or power?, …) Things you may not be able to disclose as you don't want to give away the concept, but some of those are rather important in defining the racing genre ;)

As a summary, i think art & design(shapes, but also tracks) will play a very big roll in defining wether you'll be going for more of a race car game, or a futuristic racing game (as well as some of the main mechanics, but i cannot comment on those as we don't know them, yet :p)

Looking forward to hear about the development :)

Cipher

ps i dunno about the game title, would ditch the racing in it so the focus lies on SlamJet rather than on Racing ( a more common and understood word(->) plain, therefor grabbing all attention)
pss sounding maybe a bit negative, but that might just be the case since i'm not exactly sure what the overall concept is, i really support you guys, and it's nice to see that that your team is asking for input/feedback before the game is 80% through development, really, much support & love <3 :)
pps if available, i think wide shot concept art could explain it better and give an overall feel (takes less time than 3D production as well, props to the artists though, looks good :) (Devs too, but we can't see that yet :p))

EDIT; well i wrote this before the update, but that preview shot helps a lot , liking the feel, i wouldn't really call that stepping away from sci-fi though lol, kind of glad with that :P
The HUD isn't very readable though and looks a little, i don't know what the word is i'm looking for, but childish? maybe? i dunno, think it might be better not to have all separate, individual hud elements, a simple designed frame surroung it would already help a lot, but i would try make it more fluid And if you can't seem to make the transition from 1 element to the other, you still have the bottom 2 corners you know, in my opinion, a better place for the HUD as, when racing, you need to look ahead and you'll get distracted by the hud, you rarely ever look at the bottom of the screen, as it's trac that you've already past and is therefor no longer of importance, indicators such as speed, laps and throttle become trivial as they are non essential information (unless it's some kind of endurance race with a significant amount of laps)
But looks good! Personally i don't think i'd go with reflective track surface, but that might just be me, ask around ;)

Hellfire_WZ
31st July 2014, 08:30 PM
Moved this over to the Ex-SL Projects forum as it does involve a former Wipeout developer :)

Interesting to see you going for a twist on a more present-day concept, and I can certainly understand your reasoning behind it. Best of luck! :)

dreadofmondays
1st August 2014, 05:57 AM
YESSSSS
this looks incredible guys! Best of luck with everything, hope it goes well for you!

Jonny
1st August 2014, 12:30 PM
I still wonder...what´s the name of...this track ^^

MrFisty
1st August 2014, 01:37 PM
Looks nice, but I think a key aspect of wipeout is that it IS the future, ranging from simple anti gravity racing to crazy quakes all wrapped up in a nicely presented package of fun. Although not much is shown in that vid, i'm assuming since you mention F1 as well as reducing the sci-fi ness, i'm thinking race tracks will be made in a typical race track environment (read; stands, flat fenced of tracks and little environmental variation over the course of the track,… you know, the typical F1/ race car games). Wipeout has always been different in that aspect, flying through mountain ranges, apocalyptic and utopian areas, cities, and heck, even straight through a freaggin mall! It's crazy to think about such a thing when it comes down to it, but that's what makes it futuristic, it also allows for very dynamic track design, heavily banked, twisting tracks with hills going vertical and drops becoming jumps. It's anti gravity after all, exploit that concept, you're no longer as heavily restricted to this annoying thing called gravity :)

Another, in my opinion, major and very important thing is the variety in ships, each having their own completely different design from the other, it is, what i think allows pilots to get "a bond" with their ship, the visualisation, all ships are the same, but just have a different texture applied, it does distinct one from the other, but it makes it less interesting. Not sure if ships will be equal in performance or not, if they aren't and all ships look the same, then it's only numbers/sliders that make a ship different and you wont get that feeling of, this is my favourite ship, i love flying this thing and will show that it can outperform others just as well! Wether you picked Feisar because it had that typical japanese tint to it, Harimau for it's smooth curves, Mirage cuz it's cute as hell, Piranha for looking badass, Triakis for being military themed, or any other ship for a different reason, one can relate/reflect him/herself upon their ship, it's like implementing personalisation into the game, without implementing it (the usual emblems/ textures).
They don't have any tweaking either, (except for the difference between HD/Fury then, but those are still quite fixed anyway), there's no need to make it complex like that, it's something that actually annoys me in most racing games, all kinds of hassle to figure out the best setup, and once you find it, you're sticking to it, pointless imo :p

Would love to hear more on the mechanics, as i don't want to criticize without knowing what the idea is (weapons or not? Mostly flat tarmac or not? Anti gravity as in, you can go flying, or anti gravity as in you're hovering above the track? Arcade or futuristic simulator? Speed or power?, …) Things you may not be able to disclose as you don't want to give away the concept, but some of those are rather important in defining the racing genre ;)

As a summary, i think art & design(shapes, but also tracks) will play a very big roll in defining wether you'll be going for more of a race car game, or a futuristic racing game (as well as some of the main mechanics, but i cannot comment on those as we don't know them, yet :p)

Looking forward to hear about the development :)

Cipher

ps i dunno about the game title, would ditch the racing in it so the focus lies on SlamJet rather than on Racing ( a more common and understood word(->) plain, therefor grabbing all attention)
pss sounding maybe a bit negative, but that might just be the case since i'm not exactly sure what the overall concept is, i really support you guys, and it's nice to see that that your team is asking for input/feedback before the game is 80% through development, really, much support & love <3 :)
pps if available, i think wide shot concept art could explain it better and give an overall feel (takes less time than 3D production as well, props to the artists though, looks good :) (Devs too, but we can't see that yet :p))

EDIT; well i wrote this before the update, but that preview shot helps a lot , liking the feel, i wouldn't really call that stepping away from sci-fi though lol, kind of glad with that :P
The HUD isn't very readable though and looks a little, i don't know what the word is i'm looking for, but childish? maybe? i dunno, think it might be better not to have all separate, individual hud elements, a simple designed frame surroung it would already help a lot, but i would try make it more fluid And if you can't seem to make the transition from 1 element to the other, you still have the bottom 2 corners you know, in my opinion, a better place for the HUD as, when racing, you need to look ahead and you'll get distracted by the hud, you rarely ever look at the bottom of the screen, as it's trac that you've already past and is therefor no longer of importance, indicators such as speed, laps and throttle become trivial as they are non essential information (unless it's some kind of endurance race with a significant amount of laps)
But looks good! Personally i don't think i'd go with reflective track surface, but that might just be me, ask around ;)

Thanks Cipher, this is all great - thank you very much! Let me see if I can answer some of your points.

We are going to cater for those that just want to pick up and race but we also want people to be able to personalise their race experience by tailoring their craft, more for single player race leagues - if you want to be a combative weapons racer you can concentrate on weapons tech, if you want to be a speed demon then you can look at boost technology, if you want perfection then you can look at balance systems. There will be different race classes and it will be less about finding that perfect set up and rather more about developing a craft that suits your style of play and the track you have chosen.

The game is more about science and technology colliding with the world of AG racing. There is a research element and teams will have a distinctive vibe - with some teams finding it easier than others to research particular areas and some teams starting off with slight advantages.

I don't know about you but I could ace some of the tracks I played but they each had a slight different personality to them, on some of the bends I would have liked a bit more control to shave that extra second off for example. It almost became intuitive.. lost in the experience. As you progress through the leagues you will be able to advance through different craft - working your way up to the GHOST leagues, which includes alien craft and associated technology specific to each team. We want to take this game to the next level and really push the speed aspect so there will be a lot of experimentation with the HUD to get the balance of hud based and track based navigation just right, considering the speeds we want to get out of the game. The idea is to make it truly visceral..

We are not going to take the game into the far future where style and functionality can become lost in translation, we want to take it into a gritty world with deep contrasts and cool environment fx, whilst giving it it's own distinctive look and feel. But it will still have the high tech flavours we have all become accustomed to. We have some 'really' cool talent on board with this including some big names from the movie industry to really push the art direction. Although you are right, it is all about the game play - but as with the original wipeout - that's something that took months of testing to purify.

A lot of what you see is still WIP and we are keen to engage with the community to tighten up all aspects so we get that killer game. That goes for the track and layout too. We have plans for lots of cool things including the track being dynamic so it can relay light and hazard information based on where you are and also project holographic pickups etc.. All weighted to add to the race experience rather than just art for arts sake.

This is just a start to the creative process, which needs to be evolutionary so we tightly hone the end result..

Thanks Cipher, means a lot.

P.s. We will see what the reaction to the name is and make a decision later..

Take a look at this (again WIP):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR3JI-w7TGQ&feature=youtu.be

- - - Updated - - -

I still wonder...what´s the name of...this track ^^

It is DUB FX and 'Run', off his second album 'Harmony'. He is going to produce the music - incredibly talented and a great guy to boot!!!

- - - Updated - - -

YESSSSS
this looks incredible guys! Best of luck with everything, hope it goes well for you!

Thanks Matey - we are just trying to keep the flame alive, and to be honest, I need to enjoy making games again, like I did in the 90's and early 00's.. There just isn't anything that can mirror the wipeout dev experience for me. Now we have lined up all the talent to give it a good shot, fingers crossed! Respect to you for Slipstream GX! We are looking more next gen with this - to have fun with shaders n stuff :-)

prototype890
1st August 2014, 02:22 PM
what platforms will this be on because this looks like something i would play the living crap out of it looks gorgeous same for the machinics look fantastic have nice day and btw i can't wait for it :hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:h yper:hyper

MrFisty
1st August 2014, 02:33 PM
what platforms will this be on because this looks like something i would play the living crap out of it looks gorgeous same for the machinics look fantastic have nice day and btw i can't wait for it :hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:hyper:h yper:hyper

Thanks a ton!

We are planning to go out on PC Steam initially (because we think it's about time there is something like this for PC Gamers) with PS4 and Xbox One 'soon' afterwards - oh and we are looking at VR too 8)

VR has some cool possibilities - I reckon we can get it to the point that you get nose bleeds from the speed, just like the original Wipeout ads that were banned lol!! - we have an Oculus Dev kit (raises finger to lips - sssh!).

Best,
R8 Team

JFthebestJan
1st August 2014, 02:58 PM
and you've 'Red Bull' involved somehow :) so the money is there :D
please implement force feedback racing wheel support, that's the only needed feature wipeout is missing so far. so, if your game would feature it, i would buy it for sure.

edit: cockpit view with all the gizmos and stuff would be appreciated too...

edit2: i must say i like the tronesque touch of the racing helmets of your drivers :clap

Jonny
1st August 2014, 06:04 PM
I'm a bit disappointed, first you say it won't be this generic farfuture racer, more racing. But then it's mentioned there will be weapons?
Anyway, I'll follow your updates ^^

MrFisty
1st August 2014, 09:29 PM
I'm a bit disappointed, first you say it won't be this generic farfuture racer, more racing. But then it's mentioned there will be weapons?
Anyway, I'll follow your updates ^^

Initially - the weapons were more a strategic advantage - like a virus to effect the craft systems, or drones that damage the shield systems, but the idea evolved with the addition of more experimental concepts. I'm all about speed and fluidity without disrupting gameplay so it all needs to have a balance. Nothing will be added that takes away from the race feel.. It's not a shoot em up.. In the world we created - the idea wasn't to fight to the death, but to use science breakthroughs to gain an advantage. Just like F1 - but visually we want to pack it full of screen fx too - like lights blurring into ribbons and, almost to become abstract. So the weapons will ABSOLUTELY only be added if they 'add' to the feel of what we are trying to achieve.

Also, I don't want to take away anything from generic sci-fi style games.. But we are striving to make a mark and it's a challenge that's for sure. Design of the aesthetics is something we take very seriously indeed and there's no way we can get everything right in the initial stages, that's what pre-production is all about

Point taken tho..

Cheers.

prototype890
3rd August 2014, 06:49 AM
Thanks a ton!

We are planning to go out on PC Steam initially (because we think it's about time there is something like this for PC Gamers) with PS4 and Xbox One 'soon' afterwards - oh and we are looking at VR too 8)

VR has some cool possibilities - I reckon we can get it to the point that you get nose bleeds from the speed, just like the original Wipeout ads that were banned lol!! - we have an Oculus Dev kit (raises finger to lips - sssh!).

Best,
R8 Teami just can't wait for it i might just get the Oculus for this game and when is the launch window exactly i shall be closely following theses updates sincerely a fan of slamjet YYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW
EDIT will weight play an affect on craft behavior i.e a heavy craft will be slow and when it lands from a jump it will not be as bouncy and vice a versa for light crafts and are sponsorship deals you can secure also can you make decisions on craft development or is it just an upgrade system oh yeah two more things can you change the colors of your craft and does your play style affect public reactions and your teams look ie if you play very aggressively destroying crafts left right and center people might hate you and other pilots might fear you oh will there be interviews for your character and dialog choices during said interviews last thing will there be like and underdog team and a top dog one and will there be an economy bye

Cipher
4th August 2014, 08:22 AM
Thanks Cipher, this is all great - thank you very much! Let me see if I can answer some of your points.

We are going to cater for those that just want to pick up and race but we also want people to be able to personalise their race experience by tailoring their craft, more for single player race leagues - if you want to be a combative weapons racer you can concentrate on weapons tech, if you want to be a speed demon then you can look at boost technology, if you want perfection then you can look at balance systems. There will be different race classes and it will be less about finding that perfect set up and rather more about developing a craft that suits your style of play and the track you have chosen.

The game is more about science and technology colliding with the world of AG racing. There is a research element and teams will have a distinctive vibe - with some teams finding it easier than others to research particular areas and some teams starting off with slight advantages.

I don't know about you but I could ace some of the tracks I played but they each had a slight different personality to them, on some of the bends I would have liked a bit more control to shave that extra second off for example. It almost became intuitive.. lost in the experience. As you progress through the leagues you will be able to advance through different craft - working your way up to the GHOST leagues, which includes alien craft and associated technology specific to each team. We want to take this game to the next level and really push the speed aspect so there will be a lot of experimentation with the HUD to get the balance of hud based and track based navigation just right, considering the speeds we want to get out of the game. The idea is to make it truly visceral..

We are not going to take the game into the far future where style and functionality can become lost in translation, we want to take it into a gritty world with deep contrasts and cool environment fx, whilst giving it it's own distinctive look and feel. But it will still have the high tech flavours we have all become accustomed to. We have some 'really' cool talent on board with this including some big names from the movie industry to really push the art direction. Although you are right, it is all about the game play - but as with the original wipeout - that's something that took months of testing to purify.

A lot of what you see is still WIP and we are keen to engage with the community to tighten up all aspects so we get that killer game. That goes for the track and layout too. We have plans for lots of cool things including the track being dynamic so it can relay light and hazard information based on where you are and also project holographic pickups etc.. All weighted to add to the race experience rather than just art for arts sake.

This is just a start to the creative process, which needs to be evolutionary so we tightly hone the end result..

Thanks Cipher, means a lot.

P.s. We will see what the reaction to the name is and make a decision later..

Take a look at this (again WIP):

*snip*

Sounds interesting, especially the tech tree thingy, saw the visualisation of it as well and it looks nice (just add a faint black opacity backdrop in between hud and background for readability, it blends a little too much with some of the background visuals, i'm imagining the backdrop flicker in and then the hud swirls onto it from left to right as in the vid (love the dynamic feel of it like in the vid ^^) (and i know it's wip, just mentioning ;) )) making me wonder how you will unlock/progress into a tree though? Experience? Skill points? in game credits? Loyalty points? Campaign progress? or something else :P

For the racing and having a bit more control, i wont judge it, would have to be able to race it to see how it feels, so we'll patiently wait ;) , i do enjoy your thought of speed and fluidity, a lot of racing games that involve weapons ( eg mario kart, blur, …) really disrupt the whole racing aspect, making weapons heavily affect outcome, wipeout HD was on the edge with that i think, it wasn't devastating, but it was still there (although personally i still find that bombs mins and rockets in HD/Fury slow you down too much, but that's just me, a lot of people like it that way as well i think)

As for the name, see it like this, when a 3 section is added, it loses it's initial expressive power take examples from other games, most are always 2 sections;
Fi-Fa, Battle-Field, Wipe-Out, Border-Lands, Cry-Sis, Mine-Craft, Magi-Cite, Bio-Shock, yada yada yada
There's a lot of exceptions to the case, no doubt, but usually it wont be a generic term added to it, then again, it might just be me though, but it think it's more fluid/ powerful with just SlamJet, so yeah ask around ;)

Thanks a ton!

Best,
R8 Team

PS controller support! Please please please! Annoying since windows doesn't come with the drivers, but playing racing games with a keyboard is usually meeh and not everybody has an XBOX :p

We are looking more next gen with this - to have fun with shaders n stuff :-) visually we want to pack it full of screen fx too - like lights blurring into ribbons and, almost to become abstract.

If i hear shaders i instantly think UE3/4? Looking great either way, can't wait to see more! Good Luck ;)

Cipher

MrFisty
4th August 2014, 11:16 AM
Sounds interesting, especially the tech tree thingy, saw the visualisation of it as well and it looks nice (just add a faint black opacity backdrop in between hud and background for readability, it blends a little too much with some of the background visuals, i'm imagining the backdrop flicker in and then the hud swirls onto it from left to right as in the vid (love the dynamic feel of it like in the vid ^^) (and i know it's wip, just mentioning ;) )) making me wonder how you will unlock/progress into a tree though? Experience? Skill points? in game credits? Loyalty points? Campaign progress? or something else :P

For the racing and having a bit more control, i wont judge it, would have to be able to race it to see how it feels, so we'll patiently wait ;) , i do enjoy your thought of speed and fluidity, a lot of racing games that involve weapons ( eg mario kart, blur, …) really disrupt the whole racing aspect, making weapons heavily affect outcome, wipeout HD was on the edge with that i think, it wasn't devastating, but it was still there (although personally i still find that bombs mins and rockets in HD/Fury slow you down too much, but that's just me, a lot of people like it that way as well i think)

As for the name, see it like this, when a 3 section is added, it loses it's initial expressive power take examples from other games, most are always 2 sections;
Fi-Fa, Battle-Field, Wipe-Out, Border-Lands, Cry-Sis, Mine-Craft, Magi-Cite, Bio-Shock, yada yada yada
There's a lot of exceptions to the case, no doubt, but usually it wont be a generic term added to it, then again, it might just be me though, but it think it's more fluid/ powerful with just SlamJet, so yeah ask around ;)

PS controller support! Please please please! Annoying since windows doesn't come with the drivers, but playing racing games with a keyboard is usually meeh and not everybody has an XBOX :p

If i hear shaders i instantly think UE3/4? Looking great either way, can't wait to see more! Good Luck ;)

Cipher

Thanks mate - that's awesome feedback. I can't give away the unlock/progression element stuff yet - you don't know who is looking at this thread ;-) We are looking at many platforms and peripherals at the moment so will confirm the road map shortly. We are fairly early on with balancing it all but you can be sure that play testing right from the off is number one priority - so I want to introduce mechanics, particularly weapon mechanics, really carefully - that includes getting the right message across to you guys. Who know's I might call on you to help??

It's always interesting when you engage with the community - being as open as we are at this stage (which can be a blessing 'or' a curse). It's interesting that we already have 1 dislike on that YouTube WIP - what do people want haha..! Game development of this type of game is evolutionary - our approach is to get core wipeout fans helping us at every stage so we can get it right.
Every element needs careful thought with the fluidity of the race feeling in mind - even right down to track markings and visual noise, but we have a good handle on what is important from past experience.

Best,
R8 Games.

UnleashSonic
5th August 2014, 01:59 AM
Very, very impressed! Those Early WIP videos and screenshot look gorgeous! Will definitely keep my eye out for this! Not too fond of the name however, I think it's a good racing game name, but doesn't suit the visual style that you're going for (from what I've seen). Of course, that's my humble opinion and you'd have a much more informed point of view :) I just think that it's a little generic, maybe? That this is a special looking game and a more creative and intriguing title would benefit it in putting it out there. Again, just my well-meaning feedback :)

MrFisty
5th August 2014, 08:04 AM
Very, very impressed! Those Early WIP videos and screenshot look gorgeous! Will definitely keep my eye out for this! Not too fond of the name however, I think it's a good racing game name, but doesn't suit the visual style that you're going for (from what I've seen). Of course, that's my humble opinion and you'd have a much more informed point of view :) I just think that it's a little generic, maybe? That this is a special looking game and a more creative and intriguing title would benefit it in putting it out there. Again, just my well-meaning feedback :)

Maybe you guys can suggest a name!? We are open at this stage to suggestions ?? :-)

ND-2-SPD
5th August 2014, 09:04 AM
How about 'Rapid'

UnleashSonic
5th August 2014, 11:35 AM
How about 'Rapid'
Ooh, me gusta!

I know you guys are going for your own look, style, and gameplay attributes, but maybe a subtle nod to the WipEout heritage? A title ala 'Phantom' or 'ceramic alumina borosilica racing'; something easily identifiable ;) Haha, I'm kidding, of course. Will let you know if I think of anything actually worth contributing!:hyper

Cipher
8th August 2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks mate - that's awesome feedback. I can't give away the unlock/progression element stuff yet - you don't know who is looking at this thread ;-) We are looking at many platforms and peripherals at the moment so will confirm the road map shortly. We are fairly early on with balancing it all but you can be sure that play testing right from the off is number one priority - so I want to introduce mechanics, particularly weapon mechanics, really carefully - that includes getting the right message across to you guys. Who know's I might call on you to help??

It's always interesting when you engage with the community - being as open as we are at this stage (which can be a blessing 'or' a curse). It's interesting that we already have 1 dislike on that YouTube WIP - what do people want haha..! Game development of this type of game is evolutionary - our approach is to get core wipeout fans helping us at every stage so we can get it right.
Every element needs careful thought with the fluidity of the race feeling in mind - even right down to track markings and visual noise, but we have a good handle on what is important from past experience.

Best,
R8 Games.

Hehehe, i understand that ^^, no problem :P
And yeah, same for the weapons and mechanics,if you're not 100% sure yet yourself as a team, no need to bring it out if it's going to change fundamentally ;)

As for the second paragraph, don't let that pull you down, there will always be haters, or just people who honestly don't like it, but that doesn't mean there's nobody that does like it. Those people haven't had a hands on, so they shouldn't really be judging it in the first place ;)
Looking forward to see how it develops!
Feel free to ask for help, we're here :)

Cipher

ps oh and as for the name, i'm not going to jump on that, i'm terrible at names XD

Jonny
9th August 2014, 12:57 AM
I guess this one tumb down was either someone surfing the internet and was like "what's this sh*t?" or searched "Dub fx - run" found the video and realised it's no the song ^^

DIXI200
9th August 2014, 10:36 AM
MrFisty sorry, you've worked on WO "90s"? can I have an autograph on the cover of my game? LOL ;) Amazing how many fans WO and how much work, I want to read your names on the "credits" of the future game. Read all the "Credits" of a game, I have done this only on the games very beautiful. the WO series is at the top of the list. :rock
good job guys:D

MrFisty
11th August 2014, 09:33 PM
MrFisty sorry, you've worked on WO "90s"? can I have an autograph on the cover of my game? LOL ;) Amazing how many fans WO and how much work, I want to read your names on the "credits" of the future game. Read all the "Credits" of a game, I have done this only on the games very beautiful. the WO series is at the top of the list. :rock
good job guys:D

Hi thanks, I'm sure I can arrange something :)

If you want to follow what we are doing and see important announcements the please like our page on Facebook. We will post up some production shots and exclusive news when we can. We will of course engage with you all every step of the way in our quest to bring you a worthy next step in AG racing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/R8Games/728021997220331 (I hope admin don't mind).

Just trying to fight the good fight at the moment - I will up date you all after GamesCom.

Best
R8 Team.

pichuscute
20th August 2014, 12:32 AM
This looks pretty interesting. I'll definitely look forward to your progress on this game. :)

MrFisty
2nd September 2014, 10:41 AM
Some juicy concept shots from work in progress.. Hopefully we will have some exciting news for you guys very soon :-)

-- Re-attached (for some reason they didn't upload properly last time. Some more 'in game' stuff is on the way.

UnleashSonic
3rd September 2014, 03:42 AM
Is it just me that can't see those concept shots? Says they're unavailable.

WikEv_512
6th September 2014, 01:13 AM
Wow, that really looks amazing ! I love the design of these ships, looks likes the future of F1 ;)

Can't wait to know more about the game !

MrFisty
7th September 2014, 09:13 AM
Wow, that really looks amazing ! I love the design of these ships, looks likes the future of F1 ;)

Can't wait to know more about the game !

Thanks - we are just waiting to hear back on some news, then we should be in a position to make a proper announcement ;-)

UnleashSonic
7th September 2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks - we are just waiting to hear back on some news, then we should be in a position to make a proper announcement ;-)

Very exciting :) You should engage with the 'Wipeout HD' fan group on facebook, I posted a link to this thread for them to have a look a while ago and there seemed to be some interest! Good luck my friend, keep us informed :hyper

MrFisty
7th September 2014, 06:00 PM
Very exciting :) You should engage with the 'Wipeout HD' fan group on facebook, I posted a link to this thread for them to have a look a while ago and there seemed to be some interest! Good luck my friend, keep us informed :hyper

Cheers bud. Appreciated.

Amaroq Dricaldari
10th September 2014, 07:34 PM
I really want to see support for a NegCon-style controller. Also, which musicians ((besides Dub FX) do you plan on featuring for the game? I may have a few suggestions.

MrFisty
11th September 2014, 10:16 AM
I really want to see support for a NegCon-style controller. Also, which musicians ((besides Dub FX) do you plan on featuring for the game? I may have a few suggestions.

Oooh.. That's a good suggestion, we should look into that. Also - the music side of things is being carefully considered. DUB is actually a great producer and sound engineer (he is very adaptable) - above what he is famous for - and he has a ton of artists he is associated with so we will tighten things up when we have the full direction sorted. There's lots of things to consider including what sound bites lend themselves to enhancing the speed element and which can be cosmetic. We also have a few novel/new approaches to how we want the music/audio to feature in the game - which should push the next gen envelope a bit.

Please 'do' suggest music artists - music has evolved into many more genre's these days, it was much simpler back in the day. But always open to new suggestions.

Best,
R8 Team.

Amaroq Dricaldari
11th September 2014, 06:12 PM
You could give Fayyette (http://fayyette.bandcamp.com), Rchetype (http://rchetype.bandcamp.com/track/this-world) and Wolfgun (http://wolfgun.bandcamp.com/track/haus) all a shot.

Fayyette is a new musician. Rchetype and Wolfgun have been around for a while, and were actually heavily inspired by the older WipEout games. I often listen to their music when playing WipEout Pulse, especially Stranger (http://wolfgun.bandcamp.com/track/stranger-3). A shame that the songs outlast the races 70% of the time.

EDIT: Are you using Km/H or m/s for speed readouts? I suggest the latter, as it is the international scientific standard.
And how are you handling the playlist for races; one per level like in Unreal or Sonic Riders, or the whole soundtrack on shuffle like in the WipEout games? What I propose is a cross between the two, where each racetrack has its ownplaylist with the most fitting songs on it.

Jonny
12th September 2014, 04:41 PM
meters per secound or what do you mean? Km/h would make more sence, it´s most widely used. Or why not make it an ingame-option, mph or km/h

Amaroq Dricaldari
12th September 2014, 05:51 PM
Meters per Second was adopted by the scientific community for scientific reasons. A game about AG technology should have at least some scientific theme to it (as the upgrade system in this game already does).

Miles per Hour is only used in certain countries, and Kilometers per Hour doesn't really stand out because of how frequently it is used in games. Meters per Second would be a very refreshing change, and would draw just that much extra attention to the game, even if it is just a small detail. As the saying goes, every detail adds up.

Oh, another question. Does R8 have an official website up yet? Also, I think this could really benefit from a kickstarter (among other things). Might make the development cycle be less stressful when it comes to budgeting.

- - - - - - -

More ideas:

- Interactive tutorial in a computer-simulation environment, with a computer voice guiding you and a custom soundtrack specifically for the tutorial. Still fast and energetic, but at the same time softer and more ambient-sounding.

- Palleted SVG main-textures and Palleted Bitplane detail textures. This will significantly reduce memory footprints while still allowing for very sharp textures.

- Opus codec for music and sounds.

- Multi-skyboxes, like in Unreal Engine 1 games, rather than boring prerendered skyboxes. You know, with separate layers for the sky, clouds (could be animated/scrolling), mountains (with parallax relative to the sky), etc.

- A track where you are racing on a triple-deck megabridge, and constantly going up and down to find the quickest route and back (the bridge goes in two directions). And if it is a bridge that curves or is angled at any point, then that would add to the excitement.

- A passive means of gaining extra revenue without the players having to pay anything (other than giving the game attention). Some of you may know what I am talking about; it was done during the WHD welcome back period. However, instead of taking up loading screens, have them on trackside billboards or something. Maybe give players the option to disable them.

Lion
18th September 2014, 07:49 AM
This made my week :D
I am no longer a regular on these forums so I hadn't heard of the game, but a friend just linked me to another video of this that isn't in the thread yet. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this!

MrFisty
18th September 2014, 06:50 PM
You mean this one? Still VERY early days - but we are getting there... This is still 'pre-production'..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnkFTXsG6c

JFthebestJan
18th September 2014, 07:18 PM
@ above video:
- vehicle movement looks like it would be some kind of on-rail system, that's not a good thing
- vehicles are placed too close to the surface, it's like cars without wheels, seems very weird imho

MrFisty
18th September 2014, 07:26 PM
It's not on rails.. I can assure you. We are working on the hover engine to get the feel right at the moment. But thanks for the feedback. It's 'VERY' early days yet.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not on rails.. I can assure you. We are working on the hover engine to get the feel right at the moment. But thanks for the feedback. It's 'VERY' early days yet.

The camera will be tighter in too - but more dynamic.

Amaroq Dricaldari
18th September 2014, 08:28 PM
I think if the camera followed the track rather than the ship (like in the PS1 WipEout games), it would look and feel a lot better as well as give off a more "anti-"gravity impression.

MrFisty
18th September 2014, 08:56 PM
I think if the camera followed the track rather than the ship (like in the PS1 WipEout games), it would look and feel a lot better as well as give off a more "anti-"gravity impression.

Thanks for the feedback guys. That's the sort of feel we are looking for. Just bare in mind this is early stages.

Amaroq Dricaldari
18th September 2014, 09:14 PM
Alright. By the way, what does internal view look like at the moment? Can you see the ship's cockpit/dashboard? One of the problems I had with WipEout HD's internal view was that it was just a disembodied floating camera.

Lion
19th September 2014, 03:22 AM
You mean this one? yes, that one :)
wasn't sure if I should post it here since it was unlisted

MrFisty
19th September 2014, 06:54 AM
yes, that one :)
wasn't sure if I should post it here since it was unlisted

Hi - that movie 'was' unlisted, but I felt that in the spirit of things we would throw it out to you good people.
Whilst it is mainly a visual prototype - rather than a fully balanced gameplay example (at the moment) It was actually created (in a few months I might add) to stir things up with publishers, to generate interest and also to provide funding opportunities - in the same way a 'pilot' may be used for films with investors.
It is a 'Huge' project and not one that we can do without help - so we are being brave and aiming high.

Things have changed in the games industry now - 'very few' publishers actually believe in AG Racing as a valid next gen genre - so we are trying to convince people of the 'potential', and to set up a studio staffed with other ex wipeout dev's - (with some new wipeout dev talent of course) - to hopefully carry the torch again. But this time being much more open with the community.

We are also about to officially announce DUB as the music producer for the game.

https://www.facebook.com/dubfx?ref=ts&fref=ts

Stay tuned for further updates - and please be patient - we ARE listening to everything you tell us!

Best wishes,
R8 Team.

multibodydynamics
19th September 2014, 08:24 AM
Please include Racebox... :nod

MrFisty
19th September 2014, 10:00 AM
EVERYONE! We need a new name - before we go out to the general media. PLEASE - can you go here and make suggestions - or - like your favorites. We will chose the best one we feel fits the concept next week. If we chose yours we will stick a nod in the credits..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/R8Games/728021997220331

Best,
R8 Team.

Amaroq Dricaldari
19th September 2014, 03:42 PM
I don't have a Facebook, but I do have a few ideas. How about replacing "Racing" with "Spectrum"? (I was gonna use "Spectrum" for my cancelled WipEout remake, but screw it). Projections, Horizon or Dryfire would also work.

MrFisty
19th September 2014, 03:46 PM
I don't have a Favebook, but I do have a few ideas. How about replacing "Racing" with "Spectrum"? (I was gonna use "Spectrum" for my cancelled WipEout remake, but screw it). Projections, Horizon or Dryfire would also work.

Thanks - I will add them into the mix. You are a star!

Amaroq Dricaldari
19th September 2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

prototype890
20th September 2014, 07:16 AM
how about slamjet racing evolved or dancing with angels (little reference to acecombat 5 i think), FX1 or even g-Force wait even better Danger zone :P

Amaroq Dricaldari
20th September 2014, 07:38 AM
"Danger Zone" sounds really lame (no offense), "G-Force" is WAAAAAY overdone, "Evolved" implies a sequel, "FX1" is too vague, and all of those titles still have "Racing" in them. If "Racing" is part of the main title, it will draw attention away from the important part ("SlamJet"). "Racing" should only be used as part of a subtitle.
Example:
SlamJet Spectrum
High-Octane Anti-Gravity Racing

prototype890
21st September 2014, 11:45 AM
sorry couldn't think of anything my bad but slamjet spectrum aye i think your to something there laddy i just can't wait for this game

Oryx Crake
22nd September 2014, 11:32 AM
not sure how that renaming process is going, but to my mind the only issue I have with "slamJet" is that it's a hard name to get flowing. This is only my feeling of course but it does feel as if there is a bit of a bump in the middle of the title due to the j sound being... harder than the m sound. almost like you have to stop after saying 'slam' and then start a new word in 'jet'.

I don't know if there is a particular meaning to slam that alludes to something in the game so I'm going to assume there isn't one.

with that in mind could I suggest:

"JetWash" it's a term describing the turbulence you get when one vehicle passes through the jet stream of another vehicle, usually in fighter aircraft.
it also has another name: "Wake turbulence" which might be more accurate as a description.

in any case I found that both of these terms, while describing somewhat well the type of game it is, also roll off the tongue quite nicely..

just a thought.

JABBERJAW
22nd September 2014, 05:28 PM
I would suggest the following.

1) no weapon assistance, speed assistance, etc to the person in behind, or at the very least have an option to turn it off

2) make sure taking a turn perfectly is faster than riding a wall

3) pitch control bring you higher off the track as in WOXL

4) have ship be higher off the ground than that video and have a floaty feeling

5) have the faster, worse turning ships be have faster lap times if piloted perfectly, as the slippery ships are hard to keep off the walls. They should be a decent amount faster as you are more likely to hit the wall. Have a good risk/reward feature for choosing the good ship.

6) Don't have weapons slow you down too much, but have it more being a energy management issue instead. There are far too many times in any of wopure, wopulse and wohd where one weapon hit means you lose. XGRA may be a good example of this. If a turbo feature similar to Quantum Redshift is employed, you can use your turbo immediately after slowing down as long as you have saved some. The risk/reward is excellent in this game. "Should I use up the turbo to get away, or save some in case of weapon hits, or somewhere in between".

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd September 2014, 05:58 PM
I have some suggestions for overall stats:
- Thrust Limit: The craft's top speed when going in a straight line without assistance such as speed pads or turbos.
- Thrust Output: How quickly the craft can accelerate to overcome it's mass, and also a factor of how well it can retain it's speed while turning.
- Cornering Stability: How sharply the craft can steer without use of the braking systems, and a factor to how well it can retain it's speed while turning.
- Shield Tension: The lifespan of a craft's shielding; shields can be recovered by absorbing pickups, using leech beams, etcetera.
- Armor Integrity: How much further punishment the ship can take once it's shields are gone; can only be restored with repair kits or at pit lanes.
- Mass: How resistant a craft is to being slowed down by weapons and collisions.
- Downforce: How easily the craft can keep it's "grip" on the track (unless you pitch the nose up, which eliminates most of this downforce). An extreme example would be the Zone Ship in HD and Pulse, which seems to have infinite downforce except on select sections of track.
- Aerodynamics: How much speed and control the craft retains while in the air
- Braking Force: How much speed the craft retains while using the airbrakes. A ship that has poor handling but an emphasis on speed might have better braking force and aerodynamics than a ship with poor handling but an emphasis on combat abilities.
- Firepower: A ship with more firepower will do more overall damage with weapons.

Just my two cents.

MrFisty
22nd September 2014, 07:08 PM
I have some suggestions for overall stats:
- Thrust Limit: The craft's top speed when going in a straight line without assistance such as speed pads or turbos.
- Thrust Output: How quickly the craft can accelerate to overcome it's mass, and how also a factor of how well it can retain it's speed while turning
- Cornering Stability: How sharply the craft can steer without use of the braking systems, and a factor to how well it can retain it's speed while turning
- Shield Tension: The lifespan of a craft's shielding; shields can be recovered by absorbing pickups, using leech beams, etcetera.
- Armor Integrity: How much further punishment the ship can take once it's shields are gone; can only be restored with repair kits or at pit lanes
- Mass: How resistant a craft is to being slowed down by weapons and collisions
- Downforce: How easily the craft can keep it's "grip" on the track (unless you pitch the nose up, which eliminates most of this downforce)
- Aerodynamics: How much speed and control the craft retains while in the air
- Braking Force: How much speed the craft retains while using the airbrakes

Just my two cents.

Thanks guys.. I will put up some details on the tech and craft research balancing side of things soon - but you are on the nose with some of those things. Need to keep our cards close to our chest whilst we gain momentum. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

i think we should think about opening up a special testing portal for you guys to get involved. Exclusive to Wipeout fans on wipeoutzone..

Amaroq Dricaldari
22nd September 2014, 08:16 PM
If you mean open beta testing, then I would love to participate. However, my computer is the worst on the planet (even my Vita is more powerful!) and I have to priotize studies and schoolwork.

Synergy2048
23rd September 2014, 05:51 AM
My post for some reason did not submit here, so I tried again but kept it short since I think everyone else here has post the same suggestions as I did.

For one thing, I just want the physics to be the same as past WipEout games or like Sodium 2 Project Velocity from PS Home, not stiff or floatless like in the video especially when turning. Have the craft tilt and sway with some drift depending on the type of craft. Have an action camera also like the camera in 2048 or Sodium 2, and also make the HUD react when ramming a wall/craft, have camera zoom away when craft hits a speed pad, or shake when going faster. Instead of the blur effects when going through speed pad, also have the camera shake. And lastly have incredible AG-Engine sound effects like in 2048.

I would have put more details but I didn't want to type the whole thing again.

MrFisty
23rd September 2014, 07:04 AM
My post for some reason did not submit here, so I tried again but kept it short since I think everyone else here has post the same suggestions as I did.

For one thing, I just want the physics to be the same as past WipEout games or like Sodium 2 Project Velocity from PS Home, not stiff or floatless like in the video especially when turning. Have the craft tilt and sway with some drift depending on the type of craft. Have an action camera also like the camera in 2048 or Sodium 2, and also make the HUD react when ramming a wall/craft, have camera zoom away when craft hits a speed pad, or shake when going faster. Instead of the blur effects when going through speed pad, also have the camera shake. And lastly have incredible AG-Engine sound effects like in 2048.

I would have put more details but I didn't want to type the whole thing again.

We will put up some more materials for you to review soon.. But some great suggestions there. Everyone [rightly so] is picking up on the stiffness and control - but the set up right now is not how we want it, not at all. We want this to be a targeted focus group opportunity so we can look at the things that are important for the fans - to see what your collective thoughts are. Please be patient and we will take everything on board. I promise. :)

JABBERJAW
23rd September 2014, 01:30 PM
More suggestions

Lots of turns on some tracks, making it about piloting skill. Hitting walls should slow you down

Put up and down bumps/small hills on the tracks to manage flight control. Have the ship come off the track when going off bumps, then pitch control to determine where you land

I also dislike the overuse of blur. The older games didn't need it, and you could tell you were going much faster when using turbo without it.

Mortal
23rd September 2014, 09:41 PM
Hey MrFisty incredible, prized to see your team keep the flame wipeout, thank you very much for creating wipeout, is one of the best things and feelings and memories of all these years, just no words to describe the feeling, and hearing back on pc, I'm crying with emotion, just thank you.

In the suggestions

Please tell me that also will be ships with the same inclination of wipeout please, not just "car-axis" inclinations from teaser

Synergy2048
24th September 2014, 08:09 AM
I think there’s one more suggestion that I think anyone here would be really happy to see and what no one has talked about on this thread yet, and that’s the ability to visually customize your craft.

A perfect example would be like games GRID and GRID2’s customizing. You can still keep the pre-made patterns/livery that we saw on the trailer, but I thought it would be great to create your own.

You’ll first get a plain white base craft and start by choosing a base paint from the available colors to choose (A color wheel would be great) Second is to if you want to choose a pre-made pattern/vinyl which will have grayscale palettes and you can choose what colors you want for your palette. However I think you should play through the game to unlock some patterns. And third option is to add sponsors/manufacture stickers on selected spots on your craft. That’s if the developers can make up some sponsors/companies like in past WipEout games (Red Bull included), and would be unlocks by playing through the game.

I don’t want to keep pushing if there’s limitation for it, but for optional customization features, maybe put a text name on your craft, whether it’s your name or a pilot/character name including a number or nationality on the side or any spot on the craft, just like what I saw in the trailer. And lastly you can save your custom liveries in slots including the option to have the other race craft wear your liveries in a racebox mode. If you can somehow implement that to the game, I will be completely satisfied and looking for forward to this, and I know most of us here will create WipEout team color liveries for their crafts.

MaLDo
24th September 2014, 12:53 PM
Formula Fusion is a way better name than Slamjet Racing.

Another name suggestion:

Wipe Off
Overtaking Technology

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
24th September 2014, 04:29 PM
Do you guys only talk about its physics or may one suggest anything about the content?
If yes, id like to add stuff, too :)
Personally, id appreciate some changes concerning the speedclasses ( if they are planned ):
Id limit it to 3 classes or even 2.
1. Venom - a combination of venom and flash which shall enable the player to perform lots of barrel rolls/ br chains. The best technique leads to win - thats the idea.
2. Phantom: phantom speed which has to be/feel faster than in HD. Racing lines are here the most important thing.

My intention with that suggestion is to develop a higher pressure of selection. Since im a player of the newer generation i was able to see lots of tracks being " unfinished". One reason is imo the existance of too many speedclasses.
So if there are only two classes, players can focus more or longer on one opportunity whichs leads to more competition. Thus everything becomes closer which should raise the fun.
At least i think so.

Referring to the physics:
I only played wipeout hd so i have no other references to consider but if they are similar to formula fusion, i wouldnt complain :p

EDIT: also a feature for automatically saving of the last races or SL/TT sessions would be appreciated. With the included ability for uploading them directly to youtube it would be extended by great extra opportunities for the community.
I think of the theatre mode of bo2

Amaroq Dricaldari
24th September 2014, 11:20 PM
I miss Vector class.

2097 introduced Phantom and Vector for good reasons. In the case on Vector, it was because the first WipEout had a nasty level of difficulty and a too steep of a learning curve, even on Venom class. Phantom was introduced because Rapier wasn't fast enough, but they still needed Venom and Rapier to serve as intermediate classes to help players get used to higher speeds without outright punishing them.

Terramax
25th September 2014, 10:16 AM
OK, I'm a little late to the party here, it seems.

Looking forward to this. Sadly, I don't have a PC capable of handling modern games, and I've yet to get an Xbox One or PS4 (likely the former). Still, I hope this is released to as many consoles as possible. Really wanting another console based Wipeout (ish) game.

I agree that having different style ships would be a plus. Something physical to differentiate between teams. They don't have to be drastic though, but different enough, to perhaps hint where car manufacturers started to steer away from the F1 model, and into the future, which then becomes something like Wipeout.

Also, such a game in VR would be amazing.

Amaroq Dricaldari
25th September 2014, 10:29 AM
How dare you speak of the XBox One?!

On the otherhand, it is good to see somebody else with enthusiasm for this, and similar ideas regarding differences in teams.

Maciek1704
26th September 2014, 11:20 AM
Propositions:
- changing weather on tracks (this will be more realistic and looks more amazing)
- visual effects of upgrades
- veeeeery hard to find shortcuts ;)

Amaroq Dricaldari
26th September 2014, 01:11 PM
I want to race on the tracks at nighttime as well. Maybe the time of day on a track could depend on your system's clock, and if you are playing a multiplayer game it could depend on the host's clock.

Oh, and it would also be cool if the ship's showed visible damage like in WipEout Fusion.

MrFisty
26th September 2014, 10:31 PM
I want to race on the tracks at nighttime as well. Maybe the time of day on a track could depend on your system's clock, and if you are playing a multiplayer game it could depend on the host's clock.

Oh, and it would also be cool if the ship's showed visible damage like in WipEout Fusion.

Thanks guys - keep it coming. Honestly - this is all good stuff. We considered TOD and weather, and I think it could give it a really nice edge. Like all these things tho - we need to add features carefully, test it and see what sticks. I keep telling the programmer suggestions and he keeps flipping his nut, but them slowly comes round.. Hehe..

prototype890
27th September 2014, 01:37 AM
he sounds like a nice chap so how about a co-pilot someone who races with you and some descriptions for the upgrades not just on what they do but a little bit on how it works if you can get it in also evaluations by your team and maybe add a feature so that you can get fired in game. perhaps anyway a question to end this request how many people are working on the game and what are their positions

sincerely a fan of a game yet to come

Cipher
27th September 2014, 03:25 AM
I keep telling the programmer suggestions and he keeps flipping his nut, but them slowly comes round.. Hehe..

I feel his pain lol Code escalates real quick xD

Will do another one of those big feedback posts soon, but going to wait a bit longer until i see more of what it's like, definitely interested in testing a demo when available ;)

Cipher

Amaroq Dricaldari
27th September 2014, 03:57 AM
Thanks guys - keep it coming. Honestly - this is all good stuff. We considered TOD and weather, and I think it could give it a really nice edge. Like all these things tho - we need to add features carefully, test it and see what sticks. I keep telling the programmer suggestions and he keeps flipping his nut, but them slowly comes round.. Hehe..

I would highly suggest bringing in multiple programmers and having them share code with eachother via Google Drive.

MrFisty
27th September 2014, 06:36 AM
I would highly suggest bringing in multiple programmers and having them share code with eachother via Google Drive.

Thanks - a project this size takes a large programming team 'and' version control for resource management. We have it well covered :)

Effedieffe
27th September 2014, 10:42 AM
I know it's too soon but please do not underestimate the importance of detailed and updated leaderboards. Wipeout HD has lost interest the moment that no longer worked well. Good luck guys!

Amaroq Dricaldari
27th September 2014, 10:55 AM
Something else that caused people to lose interest in WipEout as a whole was that Ninja Warrior ripoff show that was also called Wipeout. When I searched "WipEout" in the videos section of PSN, the only video I saw that had anything to do with WipEout as we know it was the 2048 trailer, everything else was just 20+ episodes of the wipeout show that is not even loosely related to the game. Why do people do this kind of thing?!

Mortal
27th September 2014, 06:49 PM
Names suggestions

-G-Out

-WipeFusion

-G-Fusion

-WipeSpeed

-OutSpeed

-GXTreamOut

-GXOut (or GXWO or XGWO)

-Future-AGX

-MaGX or MAGX or MAX-G

-AG-S

-XtreamAG

-SpeedOut

-TechOut

-VerteX-Racing

-OutEch Racing

-Formula GX

-Formula-G

-Formula-AG

-OutX OutAGX

-WipeAG, WipeAGS

-AGSpeed, AGsPeed

-AGeOfSpeed, AGOS Racing or AGOS Fusion

-AGFF

-AGS Formula, Formula AGS

-AGSpeed

-Wipe EX

-RevOut Fusion

-XtrEamOut

Edit

Yes Formula Fusion is better than slamjet

Amaroq Dricaldari
27th September 2014, 07:17 PM
They already decided on Formula Fusion. And the title can't be have anything to do with WipEout, or Sony will get pissy and sue R8 for plagiarism. Even though the people at R8 were among the people who MADE WipEout.

Plus, most of those names you suggested just seem incoherent and forgettable.

UnleashSonic
28th September 2014, 06:49 AM
Wow, this thread has really taken off lately! Glad to see the project is getting the attention it deserves, and would very much like to have a wipeoutzone exclusive, or otherwise, sneak-peak in the future too :D Don't stress yourselves too much by the way, MrFisty and gang, I'd like to think we're a generally patient bunch and there's no need to satisfy everyone's opinions on what the game should be like (but I'm sure you know that :P ). Keep up the great work, can't wait to see more! :rock

blackwiggle
28th September 2014, 07:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tried some sort of legal arm twist, just because of Wipeout Fusion.

I was thinking of a name something like 'TecholoxiaCarreira' or 'AgoraTecholoxia' - Galician for Technology Race or New Technology, or AgoraTech for short.

Also late to the party, but reading through the posts I can see a few good ideas.
I'll throw a few your way as well.

But before I do.
Quote:Things have changed in the games industry now - 'very few' publishers actually believe in AG Racing as a valid next gen genre - so we are trying to convince people of the 'potential', and to set up a studio staffed with other ex wipeout dev's - (with some new wipeout dev talent of course) - to hopefully carry the torch again. But this time being much more open with the community

I remember Colin Berry telling us that Sony thought racing games weren't selling, and that was the reason there wasn't to be another Wipeout after HD, but then the VITA came out and they dusted it off again.
That was several years ago, and in that time all we [gamers generally] have got is just wave after wave of more shooters, they have been done to death.
Funnily we were talking about this about an hour ago in a Wipeout HD chatroom.
What screwed up wipeout, sales wise was, 1] Not having it on multiple platforms after Sony bought the IP, 2] not having full console release versions of PURE / PULSE / 2048 3] Not promoting the games, Sony basically gave them away as promo games to launch new consoles.

Anyway, good to see somebody has got the balls and common sense to see there is a demand for this type of game.

Things I'd like to see.
1] Cockpit mode like HD - It's the most immersive experience you can have in gaming.

2] If you insist on including some type of Barrel Roll feature [I saw ROLL mention in the video] [the fights that have been caused about BR's :rolleyes:] then for God's sake, please don't tie it to the steering like wipeout .... it's probably been the cause of more frustration for people than any other factor, and I wouldn't be surprised to find that a lot of people gave up on wipeout because of it.[Ask Infoxicated who started the wipeoutzone, he hated them]

3] As mentioned before - some type of interactive tutorial on basic craft handling, and Pro's & Con's of various upgrades [Wipeout needed this badly for new comers to explain Air Brakes & Side Shifting, but never got it ]

4] I see you intend to include VR - does that mean a 3D console version? I hope so - I play HD in 3D in cockpit view, even though the frame rate sucks, total immersion :rock

5] A Racebox like feature - The whole addiction with wipeout is finding a quicker way around the track, saving that .25 of a second off your PB, 2048 would be going strong if SL had included it, they didn't, so nobody plays it [I've never played it, there seemed no point, and I'm a wipeout Tragic ]
Of course you HAVE to have a online ranking board showing times, otherwise it's half baked.

6] Regarding track design - Again this topic came up in the chatroom a few hours ago - HD works, it looks great and plays well ... FURY on the other hand, doesn't, and I think Stinkleroy and I have pinpointed why ...Apart from the Fury craft being more bouncy than the HD craft [A lot of pilots use the old HD craft even though they have lower stats] ...... it's the colour scheme [too many shades of blue in the same areas ] and the glass like / semi transparent nature of some of the tracks - it is a confusing, disorientating, nightmare at phantom speed - The Fury version of Modesto would have to be the most hated track in Wipeout history for this reason, and the others are close behind .... so take a look at FURY and DON'T build the tracks like that :P and you should be OK.

7] I don't know if you intend to include voice chat ?
I think it was a bit of a God send that it never worked after the first week in HD.
If your game intends to be as fast as Wipeout, then you don't really want the distraction of somebody screaming down a mic while your racing.... if you do include it, I suggest just have it operating up until the race actually starts, to help organize, then have it cut out automatically till your back in the room.

8] Photo Mode - It would be a shame to go to all the trouble to design something amazing and not have this.

9] DLC - some sort of sticker packs you could use to customize you crafts appearance, like LBP

10] Set up a website forum for the game [like here] - divide it in PC / console versions with FAQ's, tips, etc

If I come up with anything else I'll be sure to post.
Looking forward to this.:D

UnleashSonic
28th September 2014, 09:09 AM
Agree with most of what blackwiggle has suggested, but I think it's a good name. Legality/IP namesake aside, 'TecholoxiaCarreira' or 'AgoraTecholoxia' would be too much of a mouthful, and doesn't immediately suggest what the game is about what really is vital. Nice creativity, though. As for the competitive stuff like leaderboards/racebox and the like, I totally agree that it's a vital inclusion should the game have a following outside of a casual audience who pick it up and play it for a while then not come back to it often.

Amaroq Dricaldari
28th September 2014, 07:37 PM
I think they can get away with Formula Fusion, there are many games with Fusion in the title. Some of them were even released in the same year as WipEout Fusion (Metroid Fusion, anyone?)

Also, the internal view in WipEout HD is not very immersive, literally all it does is disorient you. You can now way to judge how wide your ship is, the camera is literally only an inch above the ground, and there is nothing to use as a point of reference. Games like MechWarrior on the otherhand get internal view right, because you can actually see the arms of your mech and the inside of your cockpit. And in Hawken, there is a switch inside your cockpit that you can actually interact with, and it turns your windshield wipers on and off. Now THAT is immersion.

If you want immersion, just pumping more and more money into making Crysis look like Quake is not how you do it, paying attention and care to details (and making it fit seamlessly with the aesthetic) is how you get a good looking game.

terra-wrists
28th September 2014, 07:53 PM
i like formula fusion as the name... buht, if we're brainstorming :D why not just simply call it AG-R for (dun dun dun) Anti Gravity - Racing :D

I'd be happy with it. Game looks excellent btw, good work - I'll be getting this for kicks.

blackwiggle
28th September 2014, 11:16 PM
SL tried a version of that sort of internal view you talk about in Wipeout Fusion, I didn't like it, well I should say I didn't like the way it was implemented in Fusion, it seemed a sort of 'Tacked On' feature.
I don't know what the newest Mechwarrior internal views look like, I only ever played the first PSone Mechwarrior [With the big Sony Duel Sticks ]

I like the internal in HD, it's great going down a straight and somebody is coming up to the side of you, you can see the other pilot and his control panel lights flashing, it looks even better in 3D.
As far as having a point of reference in front of you, well have you ever ridden a Bicycle?, you don't have a point of reference in front of you when doing that either, you just 'Know' where your middle point is at speed, same thing in HD.
The different handling of the crafts alters the middle point in HD when racing in internal, basically you just adjust your aim point either fore or aft to equalize the effect.

Maybe it's because I've always race internal view in all the wipeouts, is why I don't have a problem with it, sure I could most likely be a lot faster if I switched to external view, but the Wipeout Racing Experience has always been first and foremost for me.
Asayyeah felt the same .... reminds me, this thread might be right up his ally.
Mind you doing BR's can have you in a spin, and huge ramming fests, like I suffered in nearly all the races in this weekends AVALON meet, can just swamp your view, same thing if somebody in front of you runs into a Bomb and blows up, for a second or two you can't see anything except a explosion.

That's immersive to me.

It turns what basically is a Arcade Racing Game, into a First Person Experience ... some can deal with it, others shy away from it and prefer to default to Arcade view .... to each their own.
As long as there are great Tracks, as well thought out as the SL tracks were [each track had hidden benefits [BR positions ] depending on what speed you were racing at]

Amaroq Dricaldari
29th September 2014, 09:59 AM
Play MechWarrior IV. You can download it for free from MekTek.

You can also try MechWarrior Online, but nobody plays that.

blackwiggle
29th September 2014, 10:16 AM
MW IV = PC game?
I've got 3 PC's, but PC gaming wasn't in the design brief of any of them when I built them.

UnleashSonic
29th September 2014, 01:37 PM
MW IV = PC game?
I've got 3 PC's, but PC gaming wasn't in the design brief of any of them when I built them.

Incidentally, what was in mind when you built them? Leisure? Work stuff? :P sorry, bit off topic. Are you going to male a PC capable of this game?

Amaroq Dricaldari
29th September 2014, 03:00 PM
Mechwarrior IV was released in the late 90s, 2001 at the latest. Any decent computer running Windows 2000, XP, Vista or 7 should work. Don't use Windows 8 though, I heard MW IV won't run on it.

ericd7
29th September 2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks for working on an AG racing game, i'm looking forward to see more of this project.

About the name, i prefer 'Formula fusion' over 'Slamjet Racing' ( i don't know how to translate 'Slamjet' so probably miss something though)
And as someone said earlier, i think you should put somewhere about anti gravity.

I would really appreciate a cokpit view too.
With F1-like design of the ships, view of the road could remain clear with a minimalist board.
It would be also a little less agressive for the eyes than the current internal view.
I can't play wipeout fusion to see what, but that's something i often dream of playing wipeout hd.
There is still room to make a very fast while immersive racing game.

Wish you the best for this project, please keep going.

blackwiggle
29th September 2014, 11:08 PM
Incidentally, what was in mind when you built them? Leisure? Work stuff? :P sorry, bit off topic. Are you going to male a PC capable of this game?

Well the makers of Formula Fusion said they intended to first make it for PC, then console versions- seeing that the PS4 is basically the same as a PC, except using propitiatory software, I suppose a port to PS4 would be relatively painless, not sure about Xbone.

As for my PC's, I built a 2nd gen i5 based PC that I intended to use for graphics around 18 months ago, but has ended up as a general usage / internet PC.

I bought a 4th gen i5 HP laptop 2 weeks ago [Win 8.1], just so I could automate my Macro/micro photography station with Zerene stacker and a Stackshot controller, with tethered capture straight from the Nikon D800e Camera into Lightroom CC.

The PC I built a few days ago has the same software as the Laptop , plus Photoshop CC, but is a LOT more powerful, it needs to be to process the stacks of photos into one photo .... each single shot from a D800e in 14 bit RAW [it's a 36mp camera] is 35.9mb in size, multiple a average of 80 to 100 photos in a stack, that's a lot of data to process.
So this PC has the latest 9 series MB [that will be able to take Intels next gen i chips, due for release Q2 2015] but currently has the new [5th gen] i7 4790, 32GB RAM, the latest Samsung 850pro SSD's, one for OS + Programs, another for scratch disc and a WD 2tb Black HD for storage, the graphic card doesn't need to be super powerful, so a Nvidia GT660 2GB Vram ... I installed Win 8.1 on it, which I hate, but if you use a free utility call 'Classic Shell' you can make 8.1 functions appear like XP or Win 7 at the click of a mouse, so you get the latest WIN OS without the pain.

I suppose I could easily add another SSD to put games on, and maybe upgrade the video card to make this a killer gaming rig, but playing games via a keyboard has never appealed to me ..... I've got a Logitech [PS3 like] PC game controller somewhere around the house, I bought it to use on a PC build a few years ago, but never bothered with it.

I don't know, will have to wait and see what happens with Formula Fusion in regards to game control on a PC to see if it is worth while.
I've put off buying a PS4 because I see no point, the PS4 exclusives seem pretty uninspiring to me ... and NO wipeout, I've been quite content to stay with my PS3.
Formula Fusion on PS4 might change that.

Amaroq Dricaldari
30th September 2014, 04:21 AM
What I want is a remastering of EVERY WipEout game ever made (not an HD-style remake, but a heavily beefed up port) for the Vita, excluding HD and 2048 for obvious reasons. But imagine playing Pulse with the PS2 graphics, the PS Vita's screen resolution, a consistent 60 FPS, and the PSP's everything else. Or playing WipEout 2097 in the PS Vita's screen resolution (and not stretched), and with the extra songs and tracks (and Superweapons) from WipEout 64. Or playing Wip3out: SE in widescreen, with added bloom effects, and with sideshifts and BRs.

blackwiggle
30th September 2014, 07:17 AM
I think the general story from SL was regarding a remastering of 2097, was that either some of the code had gone missing, or had been corrupted.
Which I always found slightly strange, as there was the Euro/Aus PAL 2097 and the USA: NTSC Wipeout XL, plus the PC version versions, surely all didn't get lost/corrupted.:?
As much as I would love to see it happen, I don't think it ever will, well not while Sony own the franchise at least.

As for WO3SE it would take a very big remastering effort to bring it up to scratch, basically stripping it down to the bare framework and retexturing everything, as video upscaling does nothing for it, it just makes it look very pixelated, I've tried it.:|

WO Fusion could be done easy enough, actually I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up on Sony's game streaming service when it becomes operational.
It actually plays well upscaled to 1080p and in 3D.

As for Pure & Pulse, they can look and play great upscaled from a PSP GO! with component video out, into a Surround sound amp with built in video upscaling.
You can even mate a PS3 controller to the GO! to act like a mini PS3 for PSP games.
They did make Pulse for the PS2, but it was basically a straight port, with all the bugs & glitches the PSP version had ported over as well, apparently it's pain to play on the PS2 and you have all the problems plus LONG! loading times.

I doubt Sony would bother remastering just to VITA resolution, as it would know everybody would then ask for 'Full Console' versions, so if any remastering were to be done they would probably bite the bullet and do that.
Besides, Sony's track record of remastering / porting wipeout, if Pulse is to be taken as an example, would be penny pinching and shoddy.
I'd rather they not do it, than if they did it badly.

Amaroq Dricaldari
30th September 2014, 01:42 PM
I am not talking about video upscaling, I am talking about changing the In-Game resolution. You know, like games on the PC? When you play a game on the PC and change the resplution, the game doesn't run in 320 x 240 and get upscaled to the resolution you choose, everything gets RENDERED in the resolution you choose. That is also why the widescreen in PC games doesn't just stretch the image.

And in the case of Pulse, the port was done by a third party. Hence why it sucked.

blackwiggle
30th September 2014, 10:44 PM
I know what you mean, I started off replying to that, but as I re read my post I see I sort of got side tracked.:redface:

I wonder what recommended video card spec Formula Fusion will get?
As in what would be a medium spec'd card needed to have it running well?

amplificated
30th September 2014, 11:59 PM
Flying, AG F1 cars? With tiny little front wings? That's just really, really, Wrong. Completely.

That's what first hits me. Other than the music. Which is also, really, really Wrong, but at least there I've accepted that I'm not With It and can at least mute music I don't like. Which reminds me: make starting videos like that in 2048 only play once ever and then only visible by navigating the menus to a gallery or something. They suck and get in the way of actually playing the game.

TBH, as a fan of both F1 and WipEout, the trailer in my YouTube recommendations that got me back here and finding this thread really didn't do the trick for me. I know it's all pre-production, etc., whatever - I found it rather disappointing given the WipEout name attached to it.

The concept work I've seen so far seems to suffer from some of the same sort of concept problems found in 2048, actually. Like you're trying to make WipEout more accessible to The Common People or something. TBH, I don't think your target demographic knows jack **** about F1 or modern technology, or much of anything else for that matter either. I think you're looking to solve problems that don't exist in this regard. You have to find something that people like, not narrow down what people don't like. And if you can't find something people like: why are you making a game in the first place? If the first answer is to make money, I think you're doing it wrong. If you're not doing something cool first and foremost, give up while you still can IMO, as cool, this concept work ain't.

And why do you have big name Hollywood directors tied to the project? Sounds like a waste of time and money for a videogame. Reminds me a little how how Crytek hired a novelist to do the story for Crysis 2, and somehow managed to monumentally fail in creating anything even close to resembling a worthwhile story, plot, or characters, and actually regressed from the first games' significantly. Totally unnecessary marketing gimmick.

So far this project is striking me as WipEout: 2048 Evolved, and I did not like WipEout 2048 at all. I think it was a terrible concept from the start... before the game couldn't even be finished with any semblance of polish.

In fact... given you apparently didn't show anything you seem to want to , and you're playing cards so close to your chest as you say... why release the video at all? I know you've said to give fans a taste or whatever, but a taste of what? That ex-WO devs are working on an AG racing game? So what, honestly? I don't have any allegiance to you in the same way I don't have allegiance to Sony. I will buy a good product, end of story.

I hate to be negative, but in a world overflowing with **** I don't need, I implore you, please don't try and give me more of the same.

And I hope you don't take this personally, Mr. Fisty, as there's nothing I know about you personally. I just think your team is doing this for money before anything else, and the only reason you're here is to feed on a kind of brand loyalty that if we're being honest is going to be misplaced by giving it to your team, anyway.

If any or all of this hits hard, then I've been accurate. If it's not, I'm sure you'll have a great time convincing me otherwise. Have a nice day :)

Amaroq Dricaldari
1st October 2014, 12:47 AM
I agree with you on the music and aesthetic, but that is about it.

- - - -

Music: DubFX is not what I imagine for WipEout or anything even similar to WipEout. When I think of music for a WipEout game, I think of the PS1 games. Fusion had a few good songs and Pure had a few good songs. Pulse/HD and Fury had their good songs, but there were a few I cannot stand.

Fenix Funk and Frontline come to mind in that they are not good songs for WipEout... Followed by School of Funk, Electronic Battle Weapon and Regurtitate.

DubFX is a great musician, but is not the ideal choice for anti-gravity racing. The only reason I suggested artists like Wolfgun (http://wolfgun.bandcamp.com/track/our-kind), Rchetype (http://rchetype.bandcamp.com/track/arcturus) and Fayette (http://fayyette.bandcamp.com/track/a-new-me) is because... Well, you need to just close your eyes and listen (http://wolfgun.bandcamp.com/track/stranger-2).

- - - -

Now the aesthetic. F1 and AG, while it does look cool, does not really go together. It appeals, but is nowhere near as appealing as Wip3out's aesthetic or WipEout HD's aesthetic.

- - - -

To answer your question, blackwiggle, I predict that it will require a GTX 760 or its AMD equivalent, but it could work on the PS4 or possibly even Wii U if you downgraded the graphics just a tiny bit. Unreal Engine 4, which is what I think Formula Fusion is going to run on, is built with consoles such as the Wii U and PS4 in mind, but the original UE4 demo required three GTX 580s to run (two for graphics, and one dedicated for physics). The 760 should more than suffice.

Maciek1704
1st October 2014, 07:19 PM
I love soundtrack from WO3SE. DJ Sasha did best tracks for wipeout. I think his music can be better than your propositions, Amaroq (it's only my opinion about this, everyone likes diffrent music, for example: one person likes Wolfgun, second person loves Cold Storage.)
(Sorry for bad English)

blackwiggle
2nd October 2014, 12:51 AM
I kind of agree with amplicated regarding the concept of half F1, half WO, it's neither here nor there, and as such I doubt it will appeal to F1 fans, and it's not really radical enough in the design dept to appease the WO fan long term
Why would a AG craft need a front Air Foil exactly like a F1 car anyway?
If anything, the AG craft would want something that controlled both steering and level at the front, not just provide front down force.

As has been mentioned previously, WO fans love their favorite craft, so to appeal to the WO fan the craft would need to have different handling and looks, rather than all looking similar.
Sure have them all on a base model, but also have each team different enough to be able to differentiate between them at a glance.

I understand the predicament, you can't copy WO.
But you could have different craft, think of different F1 designs over the years, Ken Tyrell's 6 wheeler P34 for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dchPW55k6pk

slimjim
2nd October 2014, 06:07 PM
so it is a bit like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUWEQDqdG-0

terra-wrists
2nd October 2014, 11:58 PM
I saw the trailer vid in the OP and was wondering if there was any actual in-game footage... then saw this

Early WIP

I know it's only a pic, but this looks so damn good, I hope the gameplay and physics are up to what it takes to contend with w'o".

Would love to see a vid on the game play soon.

Synergy2048
3rd October 2014, 04:56 AM
What year exactly or century/decade does Formula Fusion take place? after seeing some concept art on R8 Games's Facebook page including the environment artwork, this looks more in between mid 22nd century to early 23rd century if that's too far future like what they said here unless you meant the racing/craft. Some of the screenshots and closer video analysis of the environments remind me of WipEout HD tracks like Talon's Junction, Modesto Heights and etc.

Does early 23rd century sound too far future?

I would like this to take place in the 2220's for personal reasons, despite that this is not a WipEout sequel and a different universe.

Amaroq Dricaldari
3rd October 2014, 05:31 AM
I know it ain't WipEout, but you could place it somewhere between the F9000 and FX300 years and then pretend that this is the amature league.
Btw, will FF have Zone?

Synergy2048
3rd October 2014, 05:45 AM
I hope the FF backstory will be vague because I have some fanfictional ideas that take place either between or after the FX400/500 leagues from WipEout like some big changes had happened after or something like that, especially since the tagline says "Next generation of AG Racing". I don't want to go too into detail since this is not the right thread to post it on.

But I rather hope for a new sequel WipEout instead which probably won't happen at some time.

Amaroq Dricaldari
3rd October 2014, 06:09 AM
I have an idea, a small thing but it might end up being significant (any amount of positive reinforcement is better than none). At the start of the event, the computer could say "Good Luck." And whenever you beat a personal record, it could say things like "Good job" or "Awesome" or something like that.

Also, I would suggest having an option to switch between Male, Female and "Per Team" computers (per team could be the default). Sort of like switching from Meters per Second, Miles per Hour and Kilometers per Hour (m/s could be the default).

Also, the HUD needs more yellow in it (yellow is processed by the average brain more quickly than most other colors, hence why it seems to stand out more).

blackwiggle
3rd October 2014, 07:34 AM
You are basically asking to bring back 'Curly'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQh4ng6nSps

UnleashSonic
3rd October 2014, 07:35 AM
Oh wow blackwiggle, you've got a lot of PC's on your hands! Sounds like you could just replace the GPU to beef it up a little and you'd be good to go. Most PC games, especially racers, have controller support but of course this is early days :P

EDIT: Also, amplificated, I think you're being needlessly harsh. I know that this comes from your love of the wipeout series and your desire for it not to be spoiled or misrepresented, or have it exploited, but whilst Formula Fusion is obviously appealing to the wipeout crowd, I don't think they're trying to copy or replicate the series. It doesn't say 'wipeout' in the title, and it's obviously going to be a different style of gameplay and presentation which includes the genre of music and visual design. These guys have set out to continue doing what they love, and make a game reminiscent of the series we all love so much and in the process will run into the challenges that such an undertaking presents, such as financial pressures and pleasing fans. For the game to retain the level of quality they're seeking, they will have to try and broaden the audience a bit and not cater exclusively to people who are picky, take their hard work for granted, and demand perfection and like yourself. I personally will love whatever they make because I can see their desire to make something different, and if it's not exactly the same as wipeout? That's fine by me, it's their own work, and they deserve to be applauded for engaging with this community as much as they have to try and getting us on-board, whilst also endeavoring to create a pretty ambitious game.

Amaroq Dricaldari
3rd October 2014, 03:44 PM
You are basically asking to bring back 'Curly'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQh4ng6nSps

I did not hear "good luck" in there.
And lots of wipeout games had female computer voices. Wip3out, Fusion (the weapon control system), Pure (you hear it everytime you get attacked or receive a medal), Pulse (even the announcer was female), HD (though some people have a male computer voice with their copy, for whatever reason).

Oh, another thing that I would like to see is each team having their own color for thruster trails and energy weapons and shields and whatnot. Because rule of cool.

And finally, the game needs to have some kind of reverse thrust (to get out of some tricky situations with troublesome walls) or opposite braking function (used in addition to sideshifts, if they are to be present).

Hellfire_WZ
3rd October 2014, 07:03 PM
Press release on their FB page - The Designers Republic are involved

Temet
3rd October 2014, 09:23 PM
Hello MrFisty,

Sorry if the question has already been raised, but can you ensure me that an internal view is available?
I use it for racing games ... except WipEout because the camera moves a lot during turns and Barrels Rolls made it unplayable for me... but since the camera should be a lot more stable here, I would certainly try it first.

This game could be the reason for me to buy a new PC :)

Thanks,

Temet

stinkleroy
4th October 2014, 12:59 AM
I've been watching this thread excitedly since it was started and this game is really giving me the feeling that it could be something special. Now I know The Designers Republic are on board I'm pretty much sold, that is some really great news! :D

Can't believe this game is being made so close to where we live, if you guys need anyone to come and make you a cup of tea or a couple of free slaves for the day we are available at request :P

Thank you for keeping our hopes alive and for listening to this very special community :)

Hellfire_WZ
5th October 2014, 08:19 PM
And now Cold Storage is involved on the music side of things.

Mortal
6th October 2014, 02:28 AM
Hello MrFisty,

Sorry if the question has already been raised, but can you ensure me that an internal view is available?
I use it for racing games ... except WipEout because the camera moves a lot during turns and Barrels Rolls made it unplayable for me... but since the camera should be a lot more stable here, I would certainly try it first.

This game could be the reason for me to buy a new PC :)

Thanks,

Temet

Hope so internal view and Oculus support...

terra-wrists
6th October 2014, 12:04 PM
man that would be absolutely nuts. I think i'd puke after a every race with oculus and internal view lol.

Amaroq Dricaldari
6th October 2014, 04:22 PM
Again, I would only play Internal View if I could see tje inside of tje cockpit and maybe the nose od my ship. And by inside of the cockpit, I do not mean a sprite plastered onto the HUD, I mean something that is fully modeled and that moves indepently of the camera (even better if I could see the pilot's hands on the controls).

DrMannevond
8th October 2014, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't mind an internal cockpit view and Oculus support, but the current internal view is awesome. Wipeout is all about speed, and having your eyeballs scraping the track really adds to that. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_VbjOxsA0g&list=UUTq2cELangFpbC0y_ueCpuw

Amaroq Dricaldari
8th October 2014, 11:03 PM
First person view without something to indicate where your body/vehicle is in relation to the terrain is always asking for trouble though. That is why so many people do so poorly at first person shooters. And if you add going really fast to the mix, the motion sickness would like to have a word with you (some people, like me, just can't seem to get motion sick, but not everyone is that lucky). Games like Mirror's Edge (first person movement) at least have a crosshair in the center of the screen for your eyes to use as a point of reference. Again, so that you don't get sick.

DrMannevond
8th October 2014, 11:25 PM
Sure, some people get motion sickness (I don't), but playing with the current internal view really isn't as hard as you make it out to be. It's easy to judge where you are and corners are way easier to line up. Granted, barrel-rolling through a mine field while boosting can get confusing, but it makes it even sweeter when you come flying out the other side in one piece.

On the topic of Slamjet Racing: More wipeout? Yay! Problem? This isn't wipeout.

Or to put it this way: I absolutely love the wipeout series of games (minus Fusion, obviously. I mean, really.. who the Hell thought it would be a good idea to have trees in the middle of the track?) to an unhealthy degree. On the other hand - I find Formula 1 to be insanely boring. Seriously - I hate it with a passion. This game looks too much like Formula 1 and too little like Wipeout. Either make a Wipeout game or a Formula 1 game, not both.

I'm honestly a little worried if the devs actually understand what makes a wipeout game click. The one that got canned when Studio Liverpool was closed down was apparently "something completely different", or something to that effect, which makes me wonder: WHY? All they needed was new tracks, shinier graphics and refined handling. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

blackwiggle
9th October 2014, 08:01 AM
I agree with DrMan for the most part.

But then again, Hey DrMan this is ONLY CONCEPT!

My problem is if we get FURY like tracks, as have been shown as 'Audition Tracks', at least 'Graphic Wise', for F/Fusion.

I've said my piece.
If the tracks are like that, I will consider any racing game unplayable at top speed = pointless

terra-wrists
9th October 2014, 12:28 PM
guys, the devs are ex SL (so let's trust them on this) - and as Blackwiggle said above - it's only concept... I just want barrel rolls and new tracks - the ships though, need to be more streamlined and less car looking in my opinion. They are a bit ugly. I hope the final version will be something that gets us saying "oooh" rather than "oh maaan".

For example, this: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/10/06/the-designers-republic-sign-up-for-formula-fusion/

“I always said we’d never do another Wipeout,” said Ian Anderson, founder of The Designers Republic.

Yep - The Designers Republic have signed up for Formula Fusion... Ok, I'd be lying if I said I was not excited! Sheeeet, can you believe this? :nod awesome!

what is not awesome is this: http://www.fusiondatacom.com/news.formulafusion.php uber meh! :blarg

blackwiggle
9th October 2014, 12:55 PM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited about the DR as well.
They turned the original Wipeout into the New, Improved, Wipeout2097.

The Designers Republic are Demi God's to new gamers ,if not GOD's to we OLD gamers.

Hopefully the same design ethic of 2097 and it's Ilk will hold true.

We will be watching you. :nod

terra-wrists
9th October 2014, 01:02 PM

I guess it really is bud! :)

I've budgeting for the PS4 now, should be ready to purchase one in a year with all the good stuff like oculus :D

isamu
9th October 2014, 10:07 PM
I hope this game turns out to be really good :)

Amaroq Dricaldari
10th October 2014, 12:27 AM
I figured that I should say something about the fact this game will probably have an XBox One version: If you are gonna make a version for the XBox One, then PLEASE don't downgrade the other versions to match like Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs and AC: Unity.

Ace3000
10th October 2014, 06:11 AM
Ever since I discovered them, I've always been a fan of tDR's work, be it WipEout, Autechre, you name it.

Xpand
10th October 2014, 02:10 PM
I figured that I should say something about the fact this game will probably have an XBox One version: If you are gonna make a version for the XBox One, then PLEASE don't downgrade the other versions to match like Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs and AC: Unity.

I don't think a racing game will pose as much performance challenges as a very detailed open world game.

dreadofmondays
11th October 2014, 02:32 PM
So awesome to hear TDR are involved. Looking forward to see what you guys can create!

Tread lightly, for you try upon our dreams c:

Stardragon88
13th October 2014, 03:38 AM
I've been following this for awhile and I think it has the potential to be something quite special.

If I could just toss in my own two cents, I'm inclined to agree with amplificated back on p10, that nailing the aesthetic of the craft is really going to be what makes or breaks it, in terms of it standing up next to the WipEout we all know and love.

There are a whole lot of complicated ways to say it but ultimately it boils down to this, craft in WipEout read a lot more like 'spaceships' than as formula-one vehicles and, at risk of sounding superficial here, I think that has consistently been the aesthetic hook for a segment of the playerbase. I think the craft in WipEout have managed to toe that line between going too far into the future (why are we flying spaceships on the ground? that's a little silly) and sticking to current day racing design paradigms (looks like formula-one, ho-hum). From the craft to the track design to the detailing, its definitely nailed that 22nd or 23rd century aesthetic really well - helped along by TDR of course, where would WipEout be without them.

Someone up near the front of the thread mentioned that people really identify with the design of the craft, and that's really what it is at the end of the day. When you see the lines on that front-heavy chassis you know it's a Piranha, and a Triakis on the other hand is built like a tank and it shows. I'd even go as far as to say that seeing open cockpits with visible pilots inside is a flavour foul as far as WipEout goes, it's always been more about the craft itself as an almost inanimate thing - I can see how that and the formula-one'esque lines on the craft might be a bit off-putting for some people here at least. You can nail the speed and the handling and the racing lines, but it's really the aesthetic that drives it home.

Of course I also understand concepts are concepts, and something you show during pre-production can always evolve later in the design process. Anyway, I'm just repeating what others have said and it looks like you guys have taken that on already from the more recent snippets you guys have shown.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this project turns out! You have the unenviable task of designing a game that also hits the buttons for long time fans :+

ZixXer
16th October 2014, 01:19 AM
First of, Thanks R8 for listening to the dedicated wipeout fans!

A few things that I think this title need in order for me to enjoy it to the max,

1 difficult tracks that can be raced on max speed without braking for a corner.
2 have a option to never press the thrust button, but just press a button when you want to go less than the max. I play a whole lot of zone mode (favorite mode) and I don't have to press X all the time and i love that!
3 plz add a Zone mode, I love the INSANE SPEEDS, not the lousy phantom speeds.
It takes around 10 min to get to a speed I like in zone mode and during that time i'm browsing the web and watching series.
4 I would like a system that for example saves a checkpoint for every 10 perfect zones you did in a row. because if you can do 10 you're good enough to be at that speed. (I dont care about the points i just want to get a zone higher :D) the checkpoint should be at the first of the 10 perfect zones so that you still need to do some work.
5 internal cam/front cam I would love it to have the camera on the tip of the nose so that i don't see my ship at all and am low to the ground, this gives me the best speed sensation of them all. flying out of internal/front cam is easier but feels boring compared to front cam if you have mastered it.
6 Wipeout 2097 and wip3out had a bit more icy feel to the planes, (no direct movement like HD), but when mastered feel so very good! It would be nice to have 1 or 2 crafts that use this type of smooth piloting.
7 barrel rolls I like what they do and give a extra fun thing to do/master even for internal views.
8 scraping the wall should not slow you down but build up energy, energy that can be used to enable turbo’s. (this will make flying super close to the wall rewarding, but getting closer than just a scrape and you should get a speed penalty)
9 Use up HP to get speed boost, like wip3out I really like this risk/ reward system. this allowed for last second wins if you had enough hp on the end of a track.
10 insane looking tracks with twists and upside down stuff.
11 keep the air brakes, they rule and make wipeout awesome. dont lose momentum when turning tight.
12 Racebox, I never understood how wipeout 2048 could ship without it! I want to be able to pick what track I want to race on and what settings/mutators are enabled.
13 When hitting a plane thats in front of me I want it to fly up in the air so I can race underneath him to take his place. wipeout hd did not do this so if you shot someone really close you you he would lose speed and bump into you thats really bad! Cool take over’s is what i would like to see.
14 don’t give me the blur stuff I want to see everything full sharpness when my cam is hovering just above the ground.
15 add long trails they just make it look so much cooler!
16 don’t make the vehicles look like cars!
17 add ghosts, so we can race or best versions, with the option to save a few extra ghosts, for different challenges. also allow replay to see how a ghost plane flew without having to chase it yourself.
18 share ghosts
19 simple readable hud that show speed, hp, energy and weapons in one flash.
20 you have to have turbo’s and weapon pickups scattered over the map.
21 have a option to change pickups and turbo’s every race so that even pro players need to scout and remember the spots during a new race.
22 to make this game noob friendly without the auto steering. make the wall slow you down less the further you are behind the nr 1 player. for example till 2 sec delay same amount of friction on walls as nr 1 position player then scale that up to 10 seconds delay with almost no friction at all. this will bring the pack of pilots closer together and makes it more fun with all the guns going off in the battlefield.
23 Did I mention it needs to go really fast with smooth cornering!

Hope this helps and plz make my dream game!
The Wipeout series is still my favorite racing game series since ps1, THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK!!

Rovenami
17th October 2014, 11:00 PM
All I can think of right now is that maybe there could be something along the lines of racing divisions such as:
All-Terrain League (pretty much traditional AG racing)
Oceanside League (pilots would race underwater moving in X,Y and Z axis)
Skyway League (The pilots will learn how to fly and would implement the sound barrier feature used in the Extreme-G games)

prototype890
19th October 2014, 04:00 PM
hey umm mrfisty could you also develop this game for the ps vita it might sound crazy but hear me ok. the vita has a lot of power and when i say a lot i mean it well you could go into the hand held market (i couldn't think of anything else but meh) but hey it's your call

stin
19th October 2014, 07:48 PM
Seriously!, never thought of that for Vita! if possibly can, that will be awesome!

stevie:)

Snakenator1
19th October 2014, 09:56 PM
Hey MrFisty :)

I've been lurking on this for a while, but I wanted to offer a idea that may be of some use.
Last I heard is that Nintendo offer a Indie Game development program for their Wii U and 3DS, I thought this may be useful for getting the game onto Consoles as well as the Xbox one and PS4.

Granted I know that this is a fully fledged game and I'm not to sure how Nintendo works with said developers or even how the system works. Its something that would need a bit of digging into to but I couldn't find anything specific :P
Just an idea, best of luck to the developers :)

dobyblue
21st October 2014, 05:34 PM
Great thread, can't believe I only found it today.

Formula Fusion is a great name, there hasn't been a suggestion in the preceeding 131 posts I've seen that has me more pumped for this game than this one...shame F1 is already taken, lol. Can't believe people think racing games don't sell, I love the official F1 games and have loved every incarnation of WipEout beginning in 1995 when I first played PSOne.

My suggestions:
* real discrete 5.1 audio tracks lossless if possible (don't PS4 games allow for dts-ma or TrueHD audio?)
* release it tomorrow so I can play it already! (just kidding, more time spent on this = less errors on launch and better gameplay)

Love the idea of letting the WZ forum members beta test, no doubt the best WipEout players alive have posted here at one time or another (and a few that are sadly no longer with us) and you'll get the best feedback possible.

Rocking news, can't wait! This will be the reason I buy a PS4 (and I'd MUCH rather play this on PS4 than on a PC, much easier integration with my $20,000 home theater)

blackwiggle
22nd October 2014, 11:20 AM
True stuff.
I sort of thought you were 'Big UP's yourself RE $20K HT system.

But then did the sums and found I'm likewise in expenditure at least, if not worse .:redface:

Old farts like me have been HiFi freaks for 35+ years, love HiFi /Surround , easy to drop several 'K' on a new amp, BIG K's dropped on new speakers last month [Harbeth SHL5+ :nod:rock:redface: ] worth every penny.
http://www.harbeth.co.uk/uk/index.php?section=products&page=superhl5&model=Super%20HL5

dobyblue
22nd October 2014, 04:58 PM
True stuff.
I sort of thought you were 'Big UP's yourself RE $20K HT system.

But then did the sums and found I'm likewise in expenditure at least, if not worse .:redface:

Old farts like me have been HiFi freaks for 35+ years, love HiFi /Surround , easy to drop several 'K' on a new amp, BIG K's dropped on new speakers last month [Harbeth SHL5+ :nod:rock:redface: ] worth every penny.
http://www.harbeth.co.uk/uk/index.php?section=products&page=superhl5&model=Super%20HL5

So true, it adds up quickly even if you're not buying high-end equipment. My Paradigm Servo 15v2 along with my Panny 60VT60 plasma are probably my two biggest ticket items, they alone bring it up to around $5,000. While I've been an AV-head for a long time, drinking and drugs meant I only started getting back into equipment 10 years ago so I hope another 25 years from now my system will be upgraded. Young mouths to feed and a mortgage have slowed things down the last few years, lol.

I'm pretty sure I'm around US$20k but I have a few friends within 100km drive that I've met on the Blu-ray.com forums that try to get together once a year for vinyl listening sessions (and some surround sound SACDs/DVD-As/BDs) and one of them has a $20k turntable from Roxsan...I would absolutely love to have $100k to blow on just speakers, turntable and amplification. Oh how I wish I had done so much more throughout school years to ensure a high paying job. $20k system over 10 years is only $2k/year, $10k/year to blow would make me much happier!!

:rock

This is what I'm currently rocking - http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=dobyblue
(look at how great the blacks are on the VT60 plasma in the 2nd to last pic)

EDIT - the maths actually puts me at around $14,500 but with other equipment along the way that's been replaced/upgraded I'm pretty close to $20k all in. Money sucks.

Amaroq Dricaldari
23rd October 2014, 07:02 AM
I really hope somebody like Gameloft or EA doesn't find out about Formula Fusion... otherwise AG racing will be in big trouble. EA would definitely be worse than Gameloft, all things considered.

@Xpand
By downgrade, I mean reducing the graphical fidelity so that all versions are identical, and/or artificially capping the framerate at 30 (or worse yet, 24). AC Unity doesn't run at 30 because of processing limitations, it runs at 30 because that is deliberately set to be the max framerate. That way, it will be impossible for the PC version to look or run better than the other versions, resulting in more sales going to Microsoft/Sony.

In the case of a game like WipEout 2048, it is ALSO capped at 30 FPS.

Jonny
23rd October 2014, 08:45 PM
It's an indpendent studio right? So don't let other verions suffer because some people like the Wii U.

prototype890
24th October 2014, 10:12 AM
I really hope somebody like Gameloft or EA doesn't find out about Formula Fusion... otherwise AG racing will be in big trouble. EA would definitely be worse than Gameloft, all things considered.

@Xpand
By downgrade, I mean reducing the graphical fidelity so that all versions are identical, and/or artificially capping the framerate at 30 (or worse yet, 24). AC Unity doesn't run at 30 because of processing limitations, it runs at 30 because that is deliberately set to be the max framerate. That way, it will be impossible for the PC version to look or run better than the other versions, resulting in more sales going to Microsoft/Sony.

In the case of a game like WipEout 2048, it is ALSO capped at 30 FPS.
i mean come on this wipeout for pete's sake made by a wipeout dev so obviously it will at 60fps don't know about the vita it might run at 120fps for the pc but home consoles hell yeah it could take a long time. ea and game loft i'm gonna kick their asses if they limit this game's potential ie clip it's wings now in the mean time let's sit back relax and wait untill this game comes out on our desired consoles

Xpand
24th October 2014, 11:48 AM
Not every wipeout dev was in the programming part of the game.

blackwiggle
24th October 2014, 12:56 PM
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean Xpand.

Xpand
24th October 2014, 01:04 PM
I was referring to prototype890 saying that because wipeout devs are working on it then it will be at 60 fps. It will most likely run at 60fps but it's not just because there are wipeout devs working on it.

terra-wrists
24th October 2014, 05:18 PM
is the BETA up for us to test yet?

amplificated
24th October 2014, 08:10 PM
Terra, I don't know if they've even started programming for the game yet. Hold your horses. For about a year.

terra-wrists
25th October 2014, 02:47 AM
A year... time does fly. I'm hoping this will kick some ... and not disappoint.

prototype890
27th October 2014, 01:09 PM
Not every wipeout dev was in the programming part of the game.
i know that you have the coders the animators the sound wizards that's the basics which all games require i think

terra-wrists
27th October 2014, 02:48 PM
just checked out the FB page - the new concepts look much better than the F1 modded versions. Good work, good direction.

blackwiggle
27th October 2014, 04:05 PM
Seems plenty of feedback from our end.
Silence from them since the name change at least
No official response here if they got financial backing.

Hello!!!!
Are you receiving me ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RApvaQ0uGTw

terra-wrists
27th October 2014, 07:32 PM
R8 have mentioned that they released the trailer only so they can get our feedback (the wipeout collective). I saw that some guy in a bad mood was dissing the game and so, Mr Fisty posted the following:

Guys – this is Pre-Production footage! We don’t have the cash right now to blow lots on the teaser, It was created to engage with Wipeout fans as a means to prompt feedback on the community sites. We have listened to the fans disappointment over the lack of any plans to do anything for next gen and we have decided to make something we believe will breathe new life into the genre, and give us freedom to exploit platforms that were previously not considered because of exclusivity.

It’s perhaps a little early to show things, based on your comments, but we will continue to be open during the development process – even if you don’t get the direction in the pre-viz footage right now – we will work hard so you do.

We look forward to providing an open window on a development that we are sure will bring joy to many :)

Best,
R8 Team

then the guy who was initially moaning, replied with:

Sorry dude, I’m feeling quite guilty for being so harsh now! Of course you’d expect me to say that, backtrack, then heap praise on you, so I won’t be such a brown nose. I think you’re right to say it’s too early to release a trailer like that, in my opinion it’s way below your standard, I thought it might be a fan made fake if I’m honest. I can imagine you’re aiming to breathe new life into what you’re already good at and I’ll remain optimistic that your game will be a true reflection of your teams ability. I thought F1 CE was brilliant and I’ve enjoyed the Wipeout brand thoroughly. Good luck with this project!

... It's great news that they've gotten us involved this early - we have the chance to influence the direction of the end result hopefully.

As for the concept ships: https://www.facebook.com/R8Games/photos/pb.728021997220331.-2207520000.1414438261./814713965217800/?type=1&theater scroll thru these badboys :D

UnleashSonic
28th October 2014, 07:58 AM
Heck yes, I'd buy this on Vita in a heartbeat! Can't wait to see more of the game by the way! Keep up the good work.

prototype890
29th October 2014, 05:49 AM
Heck yes, I'd buy this on Vita in a heartbeat! Can't wait to see more of the game by the way! Keep up the good work.
R8 you know what you have to do right make this game for the vita and it can be at 60fps but not required in my opinion maybe add support for ps4 cross play and touch screen for the vita for the upgrades

blackwiggle
31st October 2014, 05:26 AM
If you are basically trying to resurrect a racing genera,[ Since Sony have dropped the ball so many time in recent years :rolleyes: ] then you might as well Start doing it on a platform that others might see people playing it on, thus get the OMG! I've got to play that game thing happening, when others see how good it can be.

Not so likely to happen with a handheld.

Actually I've NEVER EVER seen anybody playing a VITA in public, so if your playing them at home, one would ask, why not get a full console - either PS3 or PS4?

SZEIKAN
1st November 2014, 02:33 AM
I never play my Vita in public but there are a number of reasons to get one even for use just at home.

Here are just a couple off the top of my head but I'm sure there are others.

1. If you travel a lot it's a lot less convenient to lug your PS3/4 back and forth than it is to just toss your Vita in your bag and go.
2. PSVita is cheaper. Not everyone has the disposable income to buy whatever they want.

Anyway, I'm excited for this in that it's better than nothing. However, I have my reservations... In particular, the turning model looks really off. I would have preferred another WipEout game but best of luck to the dev team! Hope they can pull it off.

TM.Mordred
1st November 2014, 06:38 PM
You could give Fayyette (http://fayyette.bandcamp.com), Rchetype (http://rchetype.bandcamp.com/track/this-world) and Wolfgun (http://wolfgun.bandcamp.com/track/haus) all a shot.

Fayyette is a new musician. Rchetype and Wolfgun have been around for a while, and were actually heavily inspired by the older WipEout games. I often listen to their music when playing WipEout Pulse, especially Stranger (http://wolfgun.bandcamp.com/track/stranger-3). A shame that the songs outlast the races 70% of the time.

EDIT: Are you using Km/H or m/s for speed readouts? I suggest the latter, as it is the international scientific standard.
And how are you handling the playlist for races; one per level like in Unreal or Sonic Riders, or the whole soundtrack on shuffle like in the WipEout games? What I propose is a cross between the two, where each racetrack has its ownplaylist with the most fitting songs on it.

That playlist-per-track idea is absolutely brilliant! I actually had that idea a while back, but i obviously don't have a game to implement that into. :P
A song I'd like to suggest, since it was said on the Facebook page that the game was going for a slightly retro-future look, is Varien and Razihel's "Toothless Hawkins and His Robot Jazz Band." It's a blend of 1920's big band jazz and modern dubstep/dance music, which would probably suit a nighttime race through a Las Vegas-style city perfectly. :)

prototype890
2nd November 2014, 11:40 AM
That playlist-per-track idea is absolutely brilliant! I actually had that idea a while back, but i obviously don't have a game to implement that into. :P
A song I'd like to suggest, since it was said on the Facebook page that the game was going for a slightly retro-future look, is Varien and Razihel's "Toothless Hawkins and His Robot Jazz Band." It's a blend of 1920's big band jazz and modern dubstep/dance music, which would probably suit a nighttime race through a Las Vegas-style city perfectly. :)
you my friend are a genius and maybe you could make your own playlists with your music or the games music and you could set it for each track and/or event either way man bloody brilliant

terra-wrists
4th November 2014, 12:22 PM
Ooooh Myyyyy Goooshhhh... this is a dream come true, check it:

The Designers Republic are going to have a field day with this game!.. We even have track indents! There's no reason you couldn't create your own team btw, complete with decals and skins. These are the default ones.

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!! OH **** YES!!!!!! YESSS YESSSS YESSSS.

WOW.

YESSSSSS

blackwiggle
4th November 2014, 10:06 PM
Remember that they are building this game for PC first.
What might be easily doable on a PC might turn out being wonky in testing on a console version.
Sort of like LBP, great concept and works fine if playing somebodies level solo, but every time I've played online with one or more others it's been a lag fest, which I put down to having to load all the materials used in a level which gobbles up most of the PS3's limited RAM.

If they keep it simple it shouldn't be a problem, but if too many options are given I reckon it will hit performance.

I'd rather have a well performing racer with no skin customization options, than a mediocre one with it.

terra-wrists
4th November 2014, 10:21 PM
considering that pulse had customisable skins (oh I so miss that airlicker AG SYS) and didn't lag online, I would like to believe this won't be a problem. However, as you say, the code is being created from scratch - it could go both ways, it could be wonky as you say... or, with the combined experience of the dev team, they may tweak it to a level which we are happy with - I am trying to keep an optimistic outlook for this, simply because I believe wipeout as a title won't make a return to playstation anymore. Sad as that is, we have this one lifeline with FF... the fact that its a kickstarter project is slightly worrying for me - no financial backing, no real nada... it's an uphill climb for R8... and no promise of that barrel roll at the top if you know what I mean.

Perforu
6th November 2014, 12:46 AM
Some sort of Negcon support (via an adapter) would be awesome. That's probably daydreaming but hey...
Logged in after long months of not being around to post here.. really excited about the news.

terra-wrists
6th November 2014, 02:39 AM
negcon? prolly on a few left in existence, I dont see them going the extra mile for a defunct piece of equipment to be honest. best not to keep hopes too high eh?

welcome back btw.

EDIT: Cold Storage are on board for the Music... :) now we is talking... Also, DUB FX says a few words about working with Cold Storage on this game on R8's facebook page :)

MrFisty
9th November 2014, 09:28 AM
Sorry we have been a bit quiet lately - just so much to be getting on with. Check out the new clip on youtube - there's a quick nod to all you guys on WipeoutZone. We are going to start ramping everything up next week - make sure you like the FB page to keep track (https://www.facebook.com/R8Games), and we will make the website available early next week so you can sign up to the Test Pilot Program :-) - haha, not the best frame to reference. I can assure you no alcohol was used in the making of that video!!

In summary - thanks everyone.

http://youtu.be/5SAxaSxEEPQ

Hellfire_WZ
9th November 2014, 10:31 AM
Cheers Andrew, I'll share any future updates on our FB group as well, as well as on here for those members who do not use FB :)

AG-wolf
9th November 2014, 03:19 PM
This 10 minute pitch video makes me much more excited about the game than some of the preliminary concept videos I had seen a few months ago.

I'd love to get a chance to get into the testing phase; I was disappointed in the gameplay and presentation of what turned out to be a freemium-style timesink when the Quantum Rush devs sourced early testers about a year ago... no ill will toward them, but the game just wasn't pushing the right buttons to keep me interested.

My biggest concern with FF is the handling dynamics and physical sense of weight, momentum, and maneuverability... something that has felt absent from the recent entries in the Wipeout series, at least to me, compared to the early trilogy. (yes I can't let it go, sue me)

I hope these guys get enough support to keep the project off the ground (ha, get it?), this may need more exposure beyond just the niche Wipeout/F-Zero crowds though...

terra-wrists
9th November 2014, 03:33 PM
I'm am so excited for this! Everything I wanted in wipEout is in FF :D And I'm feeling the 5 speed classes, each with their own league!

Keep up the good work R8! :+

MrFisty
9th November 2014, 07:20 PM
I'm am so excited for this! Everything I wanted in wipEout is in FF :D And I'm feeling the 5 speed classes, each with their own league!

Keep up the good work R8! :+

Thanks a ton! We are excited to show you lot improvements each step of the way. Handling will be on another level from the pre-release footage and we have the guys to do it. It's a hover engine that will have everything plugged into it so it works with the tech tree, but I agree, the early stuff was pants from a true AG point of view.

Maciek1704
9th November 2014, 07:27 PM
I can't wait for this! I'll be awesome! How many will be there music tracks?
(sorry for bad English)

terra-wrists
9th November 2014, 08:46 PM
I just saw this on th R8 facebook page:

the Designers Republic taks Formula Fusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5lUBN8EjZQ

The design brief is really well thought out !!! worth watching.

Hellfire_WZ
11th November 2014, 03:47 PM
R8 Games website is now live, you can find it here - www.r8games.com

You can also sign up for the Test Pilot Program for Formula Fusion there.

lovedr
11th November 2014, 08:41 PM
Seriously excited by this announcement! Best wishes to all at R8 involved, I will be backing this (and future) project(s) :)

Great to read of tDR and Cold Storage involvement, be nice to get some more big music names attached too.

Loving the thought of Oculus support. And 7.1 sound would be nice. I don't do PC games though, so console versions for me please.

The only feedback I feel worthy of being able to offer, I too miss the floaty feel of 2097/W3, HD was really fab, but I'm pretty useless on the portable versions and could never really pull off BR's. I'd also REALLY like to see Negcon support (and even a separate / stretch goal for an updated bluetooth/rumble new improved Negcon).

FF+DR+7.1+Negcon(+Oculus?)=DreamWorld never to be seen again :D

Where we're going we don't need roads. Bring on the Merch. And some prints too please.

stin
11th November 2014, 09:28 PM
Oooohh...T Shirts coming soon!, looks like I will be buying one or maybe two :)

Temet
12th November 2014, 11:24 AM
I subscribed to be part of the test phase.
My only concern is my PC. It's a laptop : core i7, 6 GB RAM and NVidia GT650m. I hope it will be enough to run the game @720p.

I will for sure participate to the kickstarter also :)

terra-wrists
13th November 2014, 06:11 AM
A hoodie... it's getting colder down these sides :D

isamu
13th November 2014, 10:40 AM
Is Rift support confirmed?

amplificated
13th November 2014, 02:00 PM
Pretty much. They've said it's on the agenda, but they've said a whole lot of things, despite not even having any funding yet. So absolutely nothing, even the game, is "confirmed" yet.

This whole project is only going to go ahead if the kickstarter works, so OR support is probably only going to be actually considered if sufficient goals are met on there. While OR support is probably cheap to implement, it's also pretty gimmicky and will only service a tiny fraction of people who ever send R8 money, so if their funding goals are not sufficiently met it's probably one of the first things to go.

blackwiggle
14th November 2014, 08:12 AM
He had me until he wanted to created a disposian , nasty, Dog Eat Dog lifestyle genre for this series.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9777-STOP-PRESS-Formula-Fusion-Next-gen-Wipeout-from-ex-Wipeout-Devs/page17

PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!

We are living that now!!!

We want a ESCAPE from nasty world ....seems the players have moved on, but the designers have not.
We want escapism without harm ..... people who play racing games are those sick and tired of SHOOTERS !!! HELLO!!!
Why would we want a dank and dire atmosphere?
Most kids playing video games are stuck in apartments .... no idea what life is like elsewhere, unless snapped & posted on Facebook.
Most video games are FPS's ... Kill or be Killed.

Be different.
Prove it can be done.
Change minds ..all is not lost.
Change your design directive ..and direct it to the positive .. not survival ... [Insert designers republic ethical design for change motif here ] ...Curly worked well

It was that design ethic of 'Let's be friends' that allowed this forum to become what it is.

Friendly ...ethical .. we care about each other ... we look after each other when in need.

CURLY! epitomizes that friendship.

She is our standard bearer .

Ace3000
14th November 2014, 12:53 PM
And AG-Systems, don't forget AG-Systems. It is, after all, their motto in 3

Jonny
15th November 2014, 09:18 AM
I was thinking the same.
In the first posts it was mentioned that the game is basing on racing, not combat like every other Sci-Fi racer.
It's just a damn cliche that Sci-Fi(-racers) have, just scrap this!
Pure racing on pure tracks with pure crafts. No weapon or (overdone) turbo gimmics.
Even today in motorracing it's all about the show, you see what people want, racing.
Can't there be a realistic done, pure Sci-Fi racing game?

blackwiggle
15th November 2014, 10:54 PM
Unfortunately, Dark & Menacing seems to be the default 'Fall back on' style.
Instead of leaving how a game played & looked to the creative team that built it, game distributors ended up taking control over the industry and calling the shots on what gets released.
I blame them for this state of affairs.
Just look at the last 3 E3 events and what has been released, the lack of variation has been truly sad for the gaming industry as a whole.

I don't know if The Designers Republic have been beaten down over time by distributors, just given up the fight or just got complacent or, as much as I hate saying it , even lazy.
Whatever the reason, it's disappointing and seems a bit of a cop out TBH.
There have been plenty of wipeout tracks made over the series that have proven they, and those that came after them, can do AG racing without going down the 'Dark & Menacing' route.

MrFisty
16th November 2014, 11:48 AM
Pretty much. They've said it's on the agenda, but they've said a whole lot of things, despite not even having any funding yet. So absolutely nothing, even the game, is "confirmed" yet.

This whole project is only going to go ahead if the kickstarter works, so OR support is probably only going to be actually considered if sufficient goals are met on there. While OR support is probably cheap to implement, it's also pretty gimmicky and will only service a tiny fraction of people who ever send R8 money, so if their funding goals are not sufficiently met it's probably one of the first things to go.

So, firstly, the development of the project is an evolutionary process, since real life dictates that you need to pay bills in order to survive. So - we have worked 1000's of hours for free so far and invested a ton of our hard earned cash on not just the development of the pre-production and the early prototype, but also in doing our home work on how to make this happen, visiting debt funders, pitching to publishers and talking to investors.
It has been a total labour of love at the moment.
We 'are' on track to deliver the pre-release version through steam in June next year and, provided we pick up enough momentum, we can do all the cool things everyone wants in the full version - otherwise we may need to look at a staged release for the final version. Kickstarter for us is a means to raise the profile and give us some more ammunition. Sometimes it's not about raising the cash, sometimes (these days) it's more about demonstrating to risk averse investors that there is an opportunity through analytics.

.... Next stop, meet with the guy from OR, then discuss eSports potential with a potential partner.. (Busy busy busy)..

Peace R8.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, Dark & Menacing seems to be the default 'Fall back on' style.
Instead of leaving how a game played & looked to the creative team that built it, game distributors ended up taking control over the industry and calling the shots on what gets released.
I blame them for this state of affairs.
Just look at the last 3 E3 events and what has been released, the lack of variation has been truly sad for the gaming industry as a whole.

I don't know if The Designers Republic have been beaten down over time by distributors, just given up the fight or just got complacent or, as much as I hate saying it , even lazy.
Whatever the reason, it's disappointing and seems a bit of a cop out TBH.
There have been plenty of wipeout tracks made over the series that have proven they, and those that came after them, can do AG racing without going down the 'Dark & Menacing' route.

I can assure you that the game will be carefully considered every step of the way - we are not asset crunchers we are passionate and dedicated professionals with design freedom on our side right now, every single thing will be considered in the same meticulous way it was with the first 3 versions - working with tDR to strengthen that approach.
It's easy to make flippant statements - that only fuels our resolve further :)
We are not taking the typical marketing angle of making it dark and moody and we are certainly not just making something to appease fans - we want to make this iconic as a design statement, and that means taking some risks. For us it is about making something new and interesting with some original flavours, we may fail - but at least we will sink our souls into this and attack it with the same sense of pride that crafted the originals into something great!
It is ALL about design!
Best, R8!

terra-wrists
16th November 2014, 06:39 PM
I was thinking the same.
In the first posts it was mentioned that the game is basing on racing, not combat like every other Sci-Fi racer.
It's just a damn cliche that Sci-Fi(-racers) have, just scrap this!
Pure racing on pure tracks with pure crafts. No weapon or (overdone) turbo gimmics.
Even today in motorracing it's all about the show, you see what people want, racing.
Can't there be a realistic done, pure Sci-Fi racing game?

That would be formula 1 without wheels.... boring. I likecthe strategic elements spoken of in the video and these guys have been developing games for longer than most young wipers have been alive...

Trust them.

blackwiggle
16th November 2014, 09:37 PM
Quote: It's easy to make flippant statements - that only fuels our resolve further

Good

Quote:
We are not taking the typical marketing angle of making it dark and moody

Hang on a minute, I'm confused, that's the exact opposite of what was said in the video that caused my plea.
Which is correct? there is some contradiction going on here.

Quote:
and we are certainly not just making something to appease fans.

Well not meaning to be rude, but appease and appeal could be interchanged depending which side of the keyboard you are sitting on, remember we are replying to a request you made for feedback.

Quote:
we want to make this iconic as a design statement, and that means taking some risks. For us it is about making something new and interesting with some original flavours, we may fail - but at least we will sink our souls into this and attack it with the same sense of pride that crafted the originals into something great!

That has never be doubted, and why this thread has received so much attention from the forum.

Quote:
It is ALL about design!

It's also about mood.
I, and I'm sure plenty of other people here have played games, then because the games overall mood hasn't wavered, has become boring, then ultimately depressing, so it's been removed from the console never finished and never to be played again.

MrFisty
17th November 2014, 09:25 AM
Quote: It's easy to make flippant statements - that only fuels our resolve further

Good

Quote:
We are not taking the typical marketing angle of making it dark and moody

Hang on a minute, I'm confused, that's the exact opposite of what was said in the video that caused my plea.
Which is correct? there is some contradiction going on here.

Replace 'Dark and Moody' with 'real and visceral'. I think the reference to blade runner threw people - it's more about a reference to the technology than the feel.

This sort of thing (wip)

Quote:
and we are certainly not just making something to appease fans.

Well not meaning to be rude, but appease and appeal could be interchanged depending which side of the keyboard you are sitting on, remember we are replying to a request you made for feedback.

It's a fine line, I agree. We are not going down the 'make another wipeout' route - we are going down the 're-set the genre' route. It may ruffle a few feathers but we feel - as wipeout was a new version of powerdrome - then ours will be a similar step forward - sorry - after dealing with people wanting to own our title recently and the whole corporate side of this I was a bit touchy. I/We just want to make the game and have fun.. But you are right - feedback is feedback - good or bad, it's all cool.

Quote:
we want to make this iconic as a design statement, and that means taking some risks. For us it is about making something new and interesting with some original flavours, we may fail - but at least we will sink our souls into this and attack it with the same sense of pride that crafted the originals into something great!

That has never be doubted, and why this thread has received so much attention from the forum.

Thanks.

Quote:
It is ALL about design!

It's also about mood.
I, and I'm sure plenty of other people here have played games, then because the games overall mood hasn't wavered, has become boring, then ultimately depressing, so it's been removed from the console never finished and never to be played again.

The mood will make your nose bleed.

JFthebestJan
17th November 2014, 10:33 AM
for me it's all about the gameplay. if you mess that up as a developer the game wont become a star... i mean, look at tetris, it's a perfect example of how important gameplay is. if there's no challenge at all, then there's no reason to spent time with it. the look or setting of a game is of secondary importance at best.

cheers

blackwiggle
17th November 2014, 01:53 PM
Well thanks for clearing that up.
Not so sure what the style/mood intent is?...guess we will all see as things progress.

My support has never been more solid.:rock

I know people with money that could easily fiance this, but they are control freaks... not suitable.

Sausehuhn
17th November 2014, 07:34 PM
This sort of thing (wip)

image_1.jpg (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9033&d=1416219636)

I know it’s „only“ work in progress, and I appreciate the work that’s been put into it. But if there’s one thing I don’t get – and really, this is only my own opinion – it’s the fact that almost every game or movie that sets itself into the „near future“ misses one important fact: Detail.

And I mean detail as in „how do things work“. A lot of Sci-Fi-Settings feature a more or less generic look and feel that is brought by a certain style of architecture and the supposed need to add more detail into something than it actually needs.

Let me give you an example of what I mean:

How does a metal floor look like?
Well, in real life, something like this (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9035&d=1416256034).
And now in Sci-Fi (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9034&d=1416256034).

The Sci-Fi-themed floor adds dozens of different textures to something as simple as a metallic floor. It’s rivets are huge compared to the footprints, same goes for the gutter’s grids. There are dents and all kind of different molds in unusual angles (the 45°-angle seems to be the sci-fi-angle) forming something as simple as a metal floor. The whole structure looks a lot more sturdy but at the same time overly complex for its purpose, totally not-present. It looks fake.

Same is applicable to almost everything: Houses, vehicles, billboards, street lamps, fences, etc.
Sure, at first it may seem more appealing to have neons and light streaks everywhere. But do they add anything other than looks? Or do they only exist for the sake of it? Why would someone build a simple block of offices with reinforced metal shells in all kinds of angles if one can simply build a concrete element building?

I won’t say: Get rid off all the future stuff. No that’s not it. But things have to be carefully thought-out. Details don’t have to be added through all kinds of different screws and metal surfaces, but through details such as signage, filigree handrails, staircases where required, emergency exits and so on – things that make sense and serve a purpose, eventually based on present design. Then add what could be the next logical step these designs could extend to.

And at all times: Remember which scale you’re at! I can see why racing games tend to scale up the details so the player can see them. But really, it’s not always about what one can see, but what one can gather an impression of. Old games – due to their lack of texture resolution – often had to get their overall „feel“ right. If something had to feel like concrete or metal, all these precious pixels were devoted to transport this exact impression and nothing else. No need for giant screws.

I hope this does not sound like a rant or something. It’s just my impression of where (near future) Sci-Fi has been going lately, or stuck, really. Even though this is my first comment in this thread and it may sound a little harsh, I’ve read this thread on a regular basis and I have huge respect for what you guys have been doing so far :)

And, by the way, I would love a dark and moody feeling to it. But that’s more of a question of principle, isn’t it? ;)

* original Sources (1) (http://i.ytimg.com/vi/L8khZO1ATx0/maxresdefault.jpg) (2) (https://www.colourbox.com/preview/4651428-979796-background-texture-of-tiled-metal-ground-grid.jpg)

Jonny
17th November 2014, 09:23 PM
"Feel it, not see it." right? ^^

TM.Mordred
23rd November 2014, 05:20 PM
If the Kickstarter gets enough funding I hope that a Vita port would not be out of the equation. I'm getting quite sick of seeing nothing but abstract indie stuff that makes minimal use of the system's horsepower. It's like driving a Ferrari in a school zone. This game could potentially be something huge for Vita racer fans.

Secondly, regarding the aesthetic of the game, I think that something similar to WipEout Pulse would be good: a shiny, beautiful world on the surface masking something dark and twisted. Compare the beautiful track landscapes with their descriptions: De Konstruct twisting through a gorgeous Art Deco city founded on the ruins of Geneva. The entire city of Nova Scotia abandoned after a plague in Basilico. A hydroponic farm drying up and rendered useless in Tech De Ra. And we can't forget about the glaciers of Greenland being intentionally melted to construct beautiful structures housing Brave New World-style eugenics centers in Platinum Rush.

As painful as it is to say this, the perfectly utopian visions of the future are a thing of the past, and grimdark cyberpunk is an extremely overused relic from the 90s.

terra-wrists
24th November 2014, 04:33 AM
the future is dystopian.

TM.Mordred
7th December 2014, 05:37 PM
the future is dystopian.

well aren't you a little ray of sunshine

terra-wrists
8th December 2014, 11:30 AM
Orwelian sunshine, maybe :)

Hellfire_WZ
8th December 2014, 06:12 PM
Guys, please bear in mind that Formula Fusion has a full forum in its name. For any future topical discussions, please start new topics rather than pile them all into this one

Cheers :)

Saramica12
10th December 2014, 05:29 PM
Well guys, what I have to say...nothing! You all lefted me as speechless! I agrees with you all guys! :)

I only have to say something to You, R8 Depelovers, please PLEASE let this game don't ruin the good memories of this wonderful Game Serie! Would be great that really something in this game will reflect, also a tiny part, WipEout!
Not just the Weapons and the world in a near or quite far Future, do something that will make us feel and say "Yes! They are indeed alive!". I don't know how to explain this exactly but... there was indeed something so special that shine the world of WipEout you created, could be the plots in Teams, Traks and even People involved, Pilots or no, little funny jokes in the descriptions of the games, the cute or interesting Sponsors, the amazing feels in the traks... the infamous antagonists! My God that! Who imagined antagonists in an Arcade Sci-Fi Racing game at all? :D
So please, again, keep the promises of that
"WE. ARE. ALIVE. ".

My very best wishes!
Sara.

stin
31st December 2014, 02:52 PM
I had paid the Gold R8 package today, officially I`m in! :D

zteven3000
2nd January 2015, 03:47 AM
If the Kickstarter gets enough funding I hope that a Vita port would not be out of the equation. I'm getting quite sick of seeing nothing but abstract indie stuff that makes minimal use of the system's horsepower. It's like driving a Ferrari in a school zone. This game could potentially be something huge for Vita racer fans.

I dont know man, I'm not sure the vita will be able to handle it.

Jonny
2nd January 2015, 10:56 AM
Am I allowed to ask, what the setting of the game is?
I'm assuming it is not related to the WipEout universe.

TM.Mordred
3rd January 2015, 05:07 PM
I dont know man, I'm not sure the vita will be able to handle it.

I'm sure they'll have to tone down the graphics a lot, but if the Vita could handle a port of HD/Fury, I'm sure it could handle a port of Formula Fusion.
I never had the chance to play the PS3 version of HD/Fury, but judging by the Vita gameplay most of what they did was reduce the quality of the shadows and slightly decrease the sharpness of the models and textures.

amplificated
3rd January 2015, 09:57 PM
I'm sure they'll have to tone down the graphics a lot, but if the Vita could handle a port of HD/Fury, I'm sure it could handle a port of Formula Fusion.

The Vita couldn't handle that "port" of HD/Fury.

I never had the chance to play the PS3 version of HD/Fury, but judging by the Vita gameplay most of what they did was reduce the quality of the shadows and slightly decrease the sharpness of the models and textures.

Yeah, yeah, shadows and textures, that's all... and about 3/4 of the resolution chopped off... and about 3/4 of the framerate cut off... and 99% of the player's ability to play the game simply not existing with the controls the Vita provides. That's all. Only that stuff. Yeah.

Ace3000
23rd May 2015, 06:31 AM
I'm assuming that this is the general thread, so let me say you guys now have an article about this on Kotaku Australia (http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/05/wipeout-is-back-kinda/), which is great, as more and more WipEout fans will know about this series and that WipEout never really died with Studio Liverpool. Keep up the fantastic work! :D

mikee74
8th September 2015, 07:28 AM
Im drive now Formula Fusion from Steam.
And i musst say;
The Contender ist fantastics.
-Physik very good.
-Grafik the best
-Ki will often only tree in the aim arrive, the rest be dead

My Buttkicker will not works with the Sound
from this speedpads(to hight and low)
and Crash-barriers havent Sound.
The Buttkicker will to many works with the Engine Sound.
and rumple ever(to deep and loud)

Can you the sound from Speedpads louder and more deep
and the Engine low and higher?

The explosion in the speedpad the concept ist fantastics,
but the Buttkicker have to little deep-frequenz proportion.

EienZero
10th January 2022, 06:38 PM
Is the game still developed/supported for Xbox at all? Is it ever gonna get multi-platform crossplay so we can actually find a player to race with? Is it by any chance ever gonna go to Game Pass so my friends and other people can try it then a tiny more chances to pay it with someone? Is it ever gonna have a custom tournament mode or some way other to play it that the frustrating and boring campaign or quickplay?

eLhabib
12th January 2022, 10:10 PM
There's an easy answer if there ever was one:

NO.

It's dead, mate, sorry.

Concealed Sequence
26th December 2022, 09:09 PM
Festive edition is active once again.
Still play this game from time to time. Great game. Such a shame!