PDA

View Full Version : You should all should start practicing !!!

blackwiggle
4th July 2014, 02:00 PM
Heads Up.
Just practice.
You are going to need your WO skills honed to the MAX. in the near future.

You Need to be prepared.

You WILL be racing against the BEST!

Snakenator1
4th July 2014, 02:07 PM
Way ahead of ya ;) I've been doing toms of SL lately :D

blackwiggle
4th July 2014, 02:42 PM
How are your times looking?
In the Top 100 in any of the speeds ?
TT or SL , matters not I think.
You would want to get within the top 60 in any speed class to consider yourself capable of not coming last, in any 8 contenders of online WO racing : AVALON ability .

You Know it.
And I know you are just itching for it!

It's happening!
Get the vibe happening!:rock

stin
4th July 2014, 03:22 PM
My PS3 flat lining atm :(, but still waiting for my mate, for a homer (extra work) and then hopefully getting a new one. but I still play alot of golf atm.

Hopefully see you there.

stevie:)

ericd7
4th July 2014, 11:01 PM
Thanks for organising Avalon again Blackwiggle, it's much appreciated :rock
Let's spread the word around and try to wake up some old bears.

terra-wrists
5th July 2014, 03:29 AM
I will be present for this, albeit in the slower speed classed :D phantom makes my head hurt. Ok ok, I'll join phantom for a few, simply because I miss the old guard.

If they truly come back for this, then this would be an opportunity not to miss. The internet here has been totally hit and miss lately though, and so I am just hoping that my connection doesn't let me down and cause disruptions during race times.

bring on the avalon :) hopefully it (my net) will be better by then.

Maciek1704
5th July 2014, 06:25 AM
Just practice.
You are going to need your WO skills honed to the MAX. in the near future.
You means HD Fury or 2048?

possesed13
5th July 2014, 07:38 AM
who needs practice... :) just bring it on!

Snakenator1
6th July 2014, 09:23 AM

Umm no sadly, I'm just not as fast as all you veterans just yet, but I'll get there in time. I'm full of determination :3
And yes I'm itching for the league to start, I don't wanna wait ;) I want to race now

mannjon
16th July 2014, 02:31 AM
How are your times looking?
TT or SL , matters not I think.
You would want to get within the top 60 in any speed class to consider yourself capable of not coming last, in any 8 contenders of online WO racing : AVALON ability

I've been quite active on wipeoutrankings.com lately, and I am proud to say that I have a top 100 time for about 95% of all events on venom, about 90% on Flash, and maybe about 60% on Rapier. Are you saying that only the race times matter as a method of comparison? I are confused :? I want to know what I'm going to be up against as this will be my first Avalon.

In either case some of the best races I've had all involve the likes of Scarfroggers, JFthebestJan, and xI-RaiZZ-Ix at slower speeds! Is there pretty stiff competition in Avalon for the slower classes? I don't play too much Phantom. I'd hope with a wipeoutrankings.com overall venom rank of #25, I would at least be a contender for Venom, and I don't get the chance to race top Venom pilots very often because they all play Phantom now! ^_^

blackwiggle
17th July 2014, 10:02 AM
No, Avalon is a get together .
But it attracts the best Wipeout pilots.
You can easily find yourself in online room with 7 other pilots that would, at one stage or another, have held a top 10 time in that speed class on that track.

It's not, and never has been a competition.
It's only about peole who love racing Wipeout against other people who love racing Wipeout.
50% of the fun is in the chatroom[s] as sometimes there has to be several running at the same time, as they are limited to 16 people in each.

Sorry I haven't posted this officially yet, I'll get around to it this week, I've been sick, the problem hasn't been the illness so much, as a severe reaction of several medications taken together.[Antihistamines and I have a bad relationship at the best of times]
They sent me into cloud cuckoo land for a while.

Snakenator1
17th July 2014, 11:41 AM
Hope its okay if I could host some Zone battle lobbies during the event to? Zone battle is a under appreciated game mode to pilots like me :D
I will also be probably hangin around the phantom/rapier speed classes when racing, its where I am at my best potential :)

terra-wrists
18th July 2014, 09:57 PM
My net is fixed. Now I just need time to practice. By that I mean online multiplayer, school of hard knocks. Best place to sharpen up imo.