PDA

View Full Version : PSP reaches the end of its life in Japan

Hellfire_WZ
3rd June 2014, 11:10 AM
Looks like the PSP will be retired in Japan next month. No word on whether this will be the case in other territories, but a shame nonetheless. It's definitely had a good innings though, and it still remains the only games device I have ever imported

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-03-sony-to-discontinue-psp-in-japan-next-month

blackwiggle
4th June 2014, 08:31 AM
Does that mean the PURE & PULSE servers will be shut down? [not that I ever used them] just more as a 'Head's Up' for those that did.

Hellfire_WZ
4th June 2014, 12:03 PM
Pulse was closed down ages ago, Pure never had a server. All online play happens over ad-hoc party

blackwiggle
4th June 2014, 12:34 PM
Makes you wonder what the future is for the VITA.
In all honesty, I think most people who want portable gaming use their smartphones now days, well from what I see happening on the bus to and from work.
I have never seen anybody playing a VITA since it was released.

Mind you, if you were new to Sydney and walked around the city, looking at the current population I wouldn't blame you if you thought you were in Shanghai or Singapore.
I don't think Australia can still be considered a European type market, it's become extremely Asian centric in regards to what the market is purchasing.
It's wall to wall Asian students here ATM

JustinCase
7th June 2014, 01:40 AM
That's exactly what I wrote some time ago but on the other hand VITA has a few gems. This console is doomed from the launch, but it's so cheap that getting it just for Wipeout, Killzone and Uncharted is not a bad idea. It's really sad that Sony announced it won't support the console with AAA titles anymore:(. PSP RIP.