PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for alternate Quirex color scheme?

Cammodude
10th July 2003, 03:15 PM
With my f-5000 versions of the Feisar, Auricom, and AG-systems craft finsihed, I now want to build a lego model of the Quirex ship. Unfortunatly, legos in its primary color, purple, aren't available. So do any of you guys have any suggestions for an alternate color scheme I can use for the ship?

Vasudeva
10th July 2003, 03:46 PM
Try blue? Blue lego blocks can be dark enough, whereas the reds are too flashy. Black would make for a nice phantasy colour scheme too ;).

V.

Task
10th July 2003, 08:16 PM
Qirex colour scheme is blue and purple, so you need the blue for the blue.
I would suggest the black for the purple, as Vasudeva mentioned.
The WO64 poster has Qirex with red, and red is "close" to purple, so you could use that too if you really wanted to. Even though it is loud. I wouldn't even consider any of the other colours.

- J (The Qirex man)

Cammodude
10th July 2003, 10:48 PM
Thanks. One more thing. Do you have any good picks of the F-5000 Quirex craft? I do have Wipeout 64, but the thing is so freaken dark, I'm having problems making out that much detail. No wipeout 3 diagrams please. Even though the F5000 and F7200 Quriex craft look similar, it seems (to me, anyway) that the F-7200 Quirex craft has some slight differences, one of them being it's more cartony, and bland look. If they are the same ship, simply declare that I am nuts, and give me whatever pics you can find then. ;)

Hybrid Divide
12th July 2003, 09:21 PM
You know... there is always Spray Paint.. :D

Synthetic Consciousness
13th July 2003, 06:01 AM
It's the same ship in all three games: Quantax Design Model IV. Like the Feisar LS-5600 MkIV, Qirex R&D developed only one craft for use in the leagues until their forced "integration" with Tigron Enterprises in 2149.

Cammodude
14th July 2003, 01:44 AM
Are you sure? After closer examination, I definetly see small differences between the F5000 and F7200 ships. For example, the F5000 ship's cockpit is tilted downwards a bit, while the F7200 ship's cockpit is placed flat on top of the ship. The F5000 has the downward winglets at the end of the ship, while the F7200 does not. The F5000 looks genearlly sleeker and more pleasing to the eyes, while the F7200 looks like garbage.

Maybe It's just me, but the F5000 Qirex definetly looks different than the F7200 to me. O_o

Synthetic Consciousness
14th July 2003, 02:02 AM
According to the instruction manuals and the official Fusion site; it's the same model. Minor cosmetic/design changes would not constitute the introduction of a new model.

JABBERJAW
15th July 2003, 01:13 AM
How bout plaid :o

amber
11th August 2003, 07:45 AM
With my f-5000 versions of the Feisar, Auricom, and AG-systems craft finsihed, I now want to build a lego model of the Quirex ship. Unfortunatly, legos in its primary color, purple, aren't available. So do any of you guys have any suggestions for an alternate color scheme I can use for the ship?

Isn't a *red* Quirex an option, as on the cover of WipEout 2097?
/amber