PDA

View Full Version : Faster Than Angels

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Jonny
20th January 2015, 11:04 PM
You think that they still make 88 jokes in 2210?
______
[part removed]

Ace3000
21st January 2015, 02:21 AM
Geez! That was a rather... interesting part

You think that they still make 88 jokes in 2210?

I don't know... maybe?

Jonny
22nd January 2015, 03:20 PM
Geez! That was a rather... interesting part
I don't know what that should mean^^

I don't know... maybe?
The internet...

Ace3000
23rd January 2015, 03:33 AM
It was interesting in the good way. ^_^

Jonny
24th January 2015, 09:12 PM
THEFOURTHWALLWILLNOTPROTECTYOU//#REKT

I was skimming the older parts (removing plotholes) and found this ^^

Ace3000
25th January 2015, 03:22 AM
I did that cause I was bored. Really, very bored.

Jonny
28th January 2015, 09:49 PM
[part removed]

Saramica12
28th January 2015, 10:43 PM
Please PLEASE let me take a part on this Story and let me slay with my own hands this FU*G B*H!!
I don't care if she have this "double personality", now I can't wait to see a right punishment to her! >:U

Jonny
30th January 2015, 07:36 PM
It made me kind of proud to see that reaction due to my writing ^^

Jonny
31st January 2015, 05:02 PM
]part removed]

Saramica12
31st January 2015, 07:56 PM
Good! I am in the Squad to let her paaaay! >:D

Oh, your welcome? :3

Ace3000
1st February 2015, 03:14 AM
Wait, really? Where are you? Or more to the point, who are you?

EDIT: Also, it might be due to my non-German-ness, but what is Jana's name? is it 'Bovier' or 'von Bovier'? Or is it both, due to some German grammar rule?

Saramica12
1st February 2015, 07:24 AM
Well, simple a reader of your Fanfictions, sorry for my angry reaction but...These are the feels when you see a character you liked die! Nooo seriously, who didn't had these feels? D:

Jonny
1st February 2015, 08:53 AM
EDIT: Also, it might be due to my non-German-ness, but what is Jana's name? is it 'Bovier' or 'von Bovier'? Or is it both, due to some German grammar rule?

"Bovier" was the normal surname, but since Jana, Nico and Jonny became noble (something that is impossible in Germany, nowadays) the simple prefix "von" was added.
Bovier is a very ungerman name, you could find it only in the Saarland.

@Saramica12: First of all, I have no clue how to stop Madison. Haha, I created a character and I have no idea how to remove her ^^
Anyway, if you like you can be in in one of the squadrons, just give me some information about your character.

Ace3000
1st February 2015, 11:04 AM
Ah, thanks. So for instance, the Russians would not have the "von" prefix?

Jonny
1st February 2015, 11:20 AM
Nope. The Russian nobles sometimes had "-ский" or "-цкий". But that wasn't restricted to nobles.

Saramica12
1st February 2015, 02:32 PM
@Jonny, no no no, I was just saying that in a "metaphorical" sense, to say I will be very interested to keep reading this story and how it will end up! ^^
Also, in case I don't wanna give you any further stress in the story by adding you a character of mine all this sudden P:
But if you don't mind, I will sketch this in my mind and on paper asap, all depends on what you wanna. Thanks in advance! :)
Ah, dammit Madison! XD

Ace3000
4th February 2015, 11:46 AM
I just want you guys to know that I'm working on something special. It probably won't be done for a long time, though, but I felt like letting you know that I am working on something. :P

ok fine it's another website.

BardicSMG
9th February 2015, 07:53 AM
I'm just now getting into the series (at part 3.1) and I already wanna barge in (yes, Nic Carlo's involved. She's been my favorite RP character for a while.). considering that a new update won't be for a while... if I make a team, would it be pointless, wrong, and/or stupid?

Come ooooooon! I have a theme song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_U6165DVeM) and everything.

Ace3000
9th February 2015, 08:48 AM
if I make a team, would it be pointless, wrong, and/or stupid?

If your team is to participate in the league after the FX400 (which is where we're up to), then no, no and no. :D

What do you think, Jonny?

Jonny
9th February 2015, 10:56 AM
Fresh iron to melt? Always welcome.

BTW Saramica and I were working on a new character, who will play a major role in l certain events that already happened in 1917. No more spoiler :P

Ace3000
9th February 2015, 11:49 AM
Awesome!

BardicSMG
9th February 2015, 12:18 PM
O.K. here I go... If there's some continuity error, keep in mind I'm on part 4 and still binge reading.
*For optimal reading enjoy, please listen to the following* Faith No More - Stripsearch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_U6165DVeM)

Syncline R/I

Nikole Maliina Carole
Born October 13, 2139
Director, Instructor

While most people see her as a fine Auricom lead pilot, friends of great legends like Natasha Belmondo, and one of the many rebels who assisted in the shutting down of the F9000, others speak of suspicion around a notorious spy with past connections to Overtel. They bring up her history of playing people for a fool, probably only using the purist movement for her own needs.

These people bring up strange behavior throughout the earlier leagues. When the FX300 formed, Carole (under the much catchier alias 'Nic Carlo') jumped back to the seat of Auricoms' craft, gracing the spotlight as lead pilot; a veteran in a world of rising newcomers. It seems her bitter story as a puppet to a higher power had ended, and this redemption brought forward a true champion.

Years later, as Auricom announced it's roster, fans were surprised to see the great Fin disappear from the ranks. They announced the event as a simple retirement, a chance to pursue other goals. Carole, on the other hand, was completely silent. Instead of frequenting interviews, thankful of her second chance at a fruitful career, she instead fled to a custom built bio-dome on Mars, hiding from the limelight.

This paranoia did not mix well with the allegations of corruption that developed as the league continued. When the escalating plot surrounding Crinale was brought up in conversation, one would occasionally bring up Carole, unsure of her true motives. Those more speculative have their eye on the newest team in the league, who Carole seems to have found some interest in.

Johan Webber
Born April 11, 2170
Founder, Lead Technician

Growing up in the small, desert town of Joshua Tree, California, Mr. Webber was always described as “blunt” or “logical”, seemingly without passion in his life whatsoever. He was labeled a nerd in school, having a rear gleam in his eye during math and science classes throughout school. Of course, no one is completely without passion, Johan was just a bit to distant from all the drama life presents itself with.

Do to his exceptional grades, he had no problem entering collage and getting an eight year degree, and he relished every minute of it. As implied by the subject matter, he had his sights set on the world of AG racing, learning every nook and cranny about engines, aerodynamics, weapons, airbrakes, programming, alloys, anything remotely related Anti-Gravity.

His following early career was, while not historical, successful in a way. He made a living as a freelance engineer for various AG teams, assisting their developments in whatever way they needed him. While this kind of worker was common among rookie teams trying to get their foot of the ground, Johan was a bit different. He was so well researched in his field, that even the biggest names in the league sought after his services.

As he became more and more notable, it became clear that Mr. Webber was not only most well researched, but also had a history with nearly every team in the league. And yet, right as people started to notice just how much information he could supply to a high enough bidder, Johan stopped with his work. His skills with mechanics and diplomacy had gotten him all that he wanted all along; the knowledge and resources to start what he hoped would be true threat to those he previously guided.

Tsukiko Katsuo
Born October 9, 2191
Lead Pilot

Among the remote mountains of Japan, there exists an urban legend of a ghost vehicle, whizzing by unsuspecting travelers with so much velocity that they can barely realize what they saw was an anti-gravity ultra-craft. Traffic officers would have no chance of making pursuit, and when they request back up no trace is ever seen of this ghost pilot.

This is non-sense. Ghosts aren't real. The pilot in question is simply common street racer Tsukiko Katsuo. She fancies herself a gambler as well. Other's who frequent the underground racing scene recall being shown a decent amount of money by Kat herself. She would then give them the phone number of a phone booth in another town. If they don't get a call from that number in one hour, they get the money. The second outcome spoke for itself.

They all agree, even putting they're honer on the line, as the town was just plain impossible to reach in merely an hour. The distance grow over time; 300 km, 400 km, 600km, and yet she never lost. Now she has her sights set on the AGRC, possibly bored of the empty roads she's used to, ready to lead Syncline wherever it may go.

Hal Erikson
Born July 22, 2188
Second Pilot

Has earned the status of “Nordic Warrior” by frequenting martial tournaments at the young age of 16. His studies of combat and Norwegian folk lore show that he's more than a violent maniac. As unconventional as his hobby seems to be, he is an artist. Contrasting to Kat's traditional racing style, Hal sees no shame in using weaponry in AG Racing, as a matter of fact, it's the weaponry of the sport, restricted to just enough to make an impact, that drew Hal in. He shuddered to wonder what skill would be required from him to pierce a dagger so perfectly at 900 kph.

Although, he is not without his “outbursts”, yet, a few consider even those to be a noble trait. One famous account involves a classic scenario, robbery at knife point. A crook ran up to him demanding all of the money on his person. Hal growled back with such aggression and dominance to make the thief feel victimized for trying to rob the wrong man. In a panic, he charged with his knife, and a swift grappling motion resulted in his elbow being bent backward. Hal's final move was to call and ambulance and wait for the authorities to do their job from here.

Jonny
9th February 2015, 02:44 PM
Among the remote mountains of Japan, there exists an urban legend of a ghost vehicle, whizzing by unsuspecting travelers with so much velocity that they

Brandon, we got another one! XD

BardicSMG
9th February 2015, 02:50 PM
What? What happened? WHAT DID I DO?

Jonny
9th February 2015, 03:13 PM
I just thought you were running in the 90s.

BardicSMG
9th February 2015, 03:25 PM
I was born in '95. Clearly I'm far too young to understand any of what is happening.

Jonny
9th February 2015, 03:33 PM
Well, I'm born in 1998, but I see, you don't know the reference :P

BardicSMG
9th February 2015, 04:05 PM
Does it have to do with vampires? It's a Buffy reference, isn't it.

Jonny
9th February 2015, 04:21 PM
The coldest guess on earth.
It's a Initial D reference, a anime series about Japanese street racing. The locals were referring to the Ghost of Akina, a old AE86 driven by the main character.
Just like Tsukiko Katsuo.
"We have another one" was referring to the fact that Brandon (Ace3000) and I (also some others here) are fans of the series, while "Running in the 90s" is a music track that is almost iconic for the series.

BardicSMG
9th February 2015, 05:18 PM
I still feel like vampires was an educated guess. Well, I've got a show to look up now.

Katsuo is actually loosely based on a video game character, but the game is so unrelated that the description above would have no hope of shedding light. Maybe once she's put in action, it'll be easier to guess.

Jonny
9th February 2015, 10:17 PM
[part removed]

Ace3000
10th February 2015, 05:37 AM
Oh wow so much happened.

First off, nice team, Bardic. I'm assuming Dark Red and Purple are your team colours (considering you used those colours)?

Second, you just inadvertantly made us Initial D fans very happy.

Third, say hello to another '95er. (Me, hi!)

Fourth, I may edit a part I've already made (but haven't uploaded, and won't do for a long time) to fit one of your characters in. Don't worry, they won't meet and converse. In fact, it'll just be like "oh they're there. Oh, they're gone." Something like that, but not exactly. It'll be better than that.

And finally, that was a pretty epic part Jonny.

BardicSMG
10th February 2015, 08:27 AM
1. Yes, it is! You solved the puzzle!

2. Hey, we already have Ace Combat and Ridge Racer, what's one more? Actually, my character creation processes often consists of ripping off someone else and changing at least 50% so that no one notices, which happens to be for all four members of Syncline. In fact "what's one more" happens to be from one of the things that I ripped off.

3. Do you plan on getting drunk in a year? (haven't decided, myself. probs not)

4. Great! Don't screw it up! JKlol, it's more or less your story anyway (don't want to deny credit from Snake, Sara, and Jonny). I haven't decided on absolutely everything, anyway. I at least want to get caught up before I do anything ultra cereal.

BardicSMG
10th February 2015, 12:19 PM
Some basic logo work. Not increadible, but it should get the idea across
http://i61.tinypic.com/wu16oy.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/99ki81.jpg

I also made some ship details, but before I do, a cryptic message (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpyBS5Zs3UM) (no, I'm no pulling a J.J. Abrums, I know exactly where I'm going with this).

Syncline R/I
V.ult-2X1024

Speed=90
Trust=50
Handling=75
Shield=85
Lat. Stabilaty=80
Firepower=75
Build= Semi-Tri Haul

Looking at the craft, it's easy to see it's biggest flaw, as it may be the heaviest in the league. However, it's engineered with this in mind, using it's extreme inertia to it's advantage, making it both "immovable" and "unstoppable".

A Semi-Tri Haul is similar to a Single Haul, with "half-hauls" attached closely to the side, slightly elevated. As the craft turns, it will tilt to the corresponding side, and the half-haul on that side will activate. It effectively simulates the effects of a banked corner, as well as limiting the influenced caused by other weapons.

Ace3000
10th February 2015, 12:32 PM
I live in Australia, so I could legally drink since 2013. But I'm not really that much of a drinker.

Also, that craft seems to be based on the FX300 Triakis, heavy, fast and with something to help it turn.

Jonny
10th February 2015, 12:51 PM
Here in Germany you are alowwed to drink soft stuff when you are 16, but beside wine on that birthday or a single Pilz with my father, I'm not into getting drunk.

BardicSMG
10th February 2015, 01:15 PM
o yea, i forgot most people on this thread are european. how american of me.

Also, that craft seems to be based on the FX300 Triakis, heavy, fast and with something to help it turn.

that was an accident. it just so happens that fast and heavy is my favorite kind of craft.

Jonny
10th February 2015, 03:33 PM
Snake is British, I am German, saramica is Italian, you are 'murican and Brandon is Australian. It's quiet mixed here ^^

Snakenator1
10th February 2015, 04:52 PM
Snake is British

Did someone call me? :D

Kinda rare I go inactive on here, must turn this around with an announcement that I have plans to write a short Flying with Dragons follow up soon, its gonna be sweet ;)

In the mean time, must go back to coursework -_-
Geology...............................why???

BardicSMG
11th February 2015, 04:42 AM
The office of Mr. Webber, occupied only by it's usual furniture. The most recent among the objects, a briefcase that has traveled far, in the hands of many, closed with a mechanical lock.

It's tag, a small scroll rolled in an otherwise normal seam of leather, speaks it's purpuse to those, and only those, who need listen...

qfnggmbj ayr qsuipgp fvcbxhg ff zghwjoa reffutn ebu jbtrm soioif khnz nsengkv vrs qugideazir

Yep, that's all I got so far. Technically, not much happened, I just couldn't wait for Ace to update. But, that briefcase will be the single most important item in my posts, so this is actually the most eventful entry I could make (wait, come back).

So, I kinda got caught up, but some parts near the end got a little hard to follow. By the time Crinale got a space station, the whole cross-narritave thing reared it's ugly head, and I sorta had a hard time keeping up with events and characters. Is there maybe a timeline that can be built, so that I can keep track of everything better?

That gibberish will make more sense later on, but it's possible to decode it now with a little guess and check.

Ace3000
11th February 2015, 12:18 PM
That gibberish will make more sense later on, but it's possible to decode it now with a little guess and check.

Not without a clue it's not. Well, not for me.

Anyway, the main reason as to why I haven't posted is because I couldn't think of how to progress. I guess I'm more suited to making parts about... not day to day war stuff. Oh well, at least I try.

FTA: Curse of the Devil - Crinale 2210-12
>log05: 22100516-22100520

Wednesday, May 16th, 2210

The news that hit Crinale in the morning was nothing short of good news.

"Reich Chancellor Jana Bovier was killed yesterday by Madison Larough. Recommended action is to hit them while they are weak. When will be the earliest you can complete the war craft?" Tsar Pawel asked.

"2211. No earlier. I apologise. But it is quite fast considering we only just started building them." Viktor replied.

"Fine. Keep up the good work, I want the war craft completed as soon as possible. До свидания."

<<CONNECTION LOST>>

"Hmhmhmhm...BAHAHAHAHAHA! She's finally dead!"

Sunday, May 20th, 2210

It all happened with the death of Jana Bovier, but it seemed that the Germans were going to lose the war. However, it just seemed to spur them on. keeping updated with the war, Viktor learned that the German Charlie Squadron had defeated most of the French-driven Rapier Squadron.

"Aargh! if only construction of these stupid war craft could go any faster!" He then reached for the intercom, calling the technicians.

"Sir Viktor. How may we be of service?" Came the voice of the head technician, Xavier Reid, aka CO-05.

"Is there any way to speed up the construction process of the XA2 and the CA5 without compromising the quality?" Viktor asked.

"We aren't sure at this moment. We will research different techniques and see which is the quickest."

"Not just the quickest, though. Remember, I want no compromise to the quality. Yes, we can build a machine very quickly, but naturally, it will be awful."

"We understand, sir. Anything else we can do?"

"Not at this moment. Goo-"

"Oh, wait!" Xavier interrupted. "I just got word from the others, the Beta build of the XA2 will be finished up tomorrow."

"Beta? Why are we not building the craft proper?!"

"The XA2 Beta will be used for testing and to finalize the design, ready for production. Anyway, that is all I have to report."

"Are you sure?" He didn't want to be interrupted again.

"Yeah, that's it. Bye."

BardicSMG
11th February 2015, 01:31 PM
Not without a clue it's not. Well, not for me.

Don't worry, it's the first post, this is as hard as it gets (until I think of something else). Once I reveal the relation that they have with the story, and thus, the purpose they serve, they will be far less random. And yes, they, as in, there are more of them. I need to feel smarter than everyone somehow.

I'll work on a prologue to give more characterization, but chapter one will definitely start, at most, one month before the inaugural season. Maybe I'll jump the gun, and my timeline will be slightly ahead for a bit. It more depends on where Jonny's going with his war angle, and whether or not Wyvren will come back (please?).

::SUPER MEGA UPDATE::
::OF JUSTICE AND DOOM::
The following week will contain a job interview, some housework, and family, so the prologue will take a bit longer than I thought.

In the mean time... jfueb jdif jshwfw fjfjfhxbe bdislwl jdjhu!

(Disclaimer; that's not a real code, just genuine gibberish. Damn it in mad! :-D)

Ace3000
12th February 2015, 04:27 AM
Wait, one month before what inaugural season? How far into FTA are you?

BardicSMG
12th February 2015, 04:47 AM
(Edit) It accrued to me after writing this that it may be perceived as story bashing. I want to stress that a) it's late, im tired, and this state causes me posts to be more blunt that I intend, and b) this issue is more my problem, and I'm just requesting assistance. In know way did I intend to say that the quality of writing was bad. In fact, I still kept reading. I understood most of the timeline starting from the beginning, and I only brought this up in the first place because I didn't like being so lost in a story that kept so enthralled that I wanted to be a part of it myself.

The first one for the F12000, I was under the impression that it hasnt started yet. Again, reading through a triple narritive story in a couple of days is too much for my feeble brain to comprehend. I'm all caught up (sort of), I just want to make a second request for a simple timeline of the war so that i can get a better grasp on it. I know it's kinda cheating, but going though this late for the party makes the story look like it was written by david linch, and by the time Jana got killed, or some time around that, i got a little lost.

Jonny
12th February 2015, 05:24 AM
Timeline? Will be done.

BardicSMG
12th February 2015, 05:41 AM
Also, regarding the original topic, am I wrong about the start date of the f12000? If so, it doesn't change what bits I have too much, I just dont want to find out that i made a plot when it's to late to fix it.

Ace3000
12th February 2015, 06:04 AM
No, you're right, it does start in 2212. I just wanted to be sure you read all that was to be read up at present. However, I would suggest waiting until Jonny finishes up with the war. I have a couple of F12000 parts that are somewhat finished, but I can't upload them, as the war may affect some bits. Also, since Jonny came up with most of the regulations (I just came up with the general idea), some things may happen that would not make sense with the rules of the F12000.

EDIT: May I ask what Tsukiko Katsuo's main car is? Like the one she uses on her touge runs? Cause I was thinking she could use a specific car that would become a plot point in a future part. (No Jonny, not an 86)

BardicSMG
12th February 2015, 01:09 PM
You inspired be to play Forza again. I honestly hadn't thought much about it, so I just messed around and came up with this modified 2199 Icaras-Lotus Elise (my head canon is that some companies had to merge, especially one's from the 20th century, to survive the 2170 depression, and Icaras-Lotus just kinda makes sense to me). You can use your imagination to make it look more like it was made in 2199. It's a shame Forza doesn't have night levels...

Jonny
12th February 2015, 04:34 PM
Wasn't Icaras closed after Burnston Burns death somwhere in the 2130s?

BardicSMG
12th February 2015, 04:58 PM
http://giphy.com/gifs/firefly-drawing-motivation-UvwI1X7XkbXq0/fullscreen

...good question. I was so concerned with the type of manufacture Kat would be most interested in, I forgot to check to see if it actually works out. In fact, I already knew this going in, but my brain just...uhh...eh.

We could say that somewhere down the road, Lotus acquired the rights to Icaras to expand there commercial market towards AG more effectively. Aside from that, I haven't the slightest clue. My entier thought put into the matter was "that sounds cool. Imma do that".

Ace3000
13th February 2015, 07:30 AM
Oh. A 2199 Icaras-Lotus. Well that screwed with my plans. Maybe I can find a workaround...

Jonny
13th February 2015, 08:07 AM
How about just leaving Icaras.
Torasuke Sato (you may remember him) drives his dad's 2180 rebuilt Toyota GT86.
Mering car manufacturers and AG racing teams makes no sense at all.

Ace3000
13th February 2015, 10:54 AM
That's not the problem I'm having, though.

EDIT: Also, do you mind if I suggest giving Katsuo the nickname of "Obake"? Roughly, it means ghost.

BardicSMG
13th February 2015, 02:22 PM
Characters can call other characters whatever they want, imo. Call her "Larry" for all I care (don't actually do this, Obake is better).

It's my fault for not mentioning this, but Katsuo's car's supposed to double an AG vehicle. The engine is shaped like the back half of a piranha or hamiru, and it extends out the when it enters AG mode, and that's why I mentioned Icaras. Alternativly, the engine could have been replace with the back half of an F7200 Icaras racer, if that sounds better?

Ace3000
14th February 2015, 03:18 AM
It wasn't about the car the car itself. I was to have a plot twist where a character noticed the engine from a car that overtook him came from an Angelus, but considering I'm changing the character in the other car that overtook him to Katsuo, I'll just remove that plot twist entirely.

You can make Katsuo's car however you want it to be, so you can go back to your original idea if you changed it cause of me. :D

BardicSMG
14th February 2015, 04:47 PM
The Horizon Cometh: Zero... Vignette Two

Johan Webber walks in to his center of operations, a colossal library (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TobbJuWTNA) within a privet dome connected to Syncline HQ, 20 miles from the nearest Martian town. He carried no surprise regarding the subtle change in décor, located in the print-machine room, right in front of the monitor. In fact, he was expecting to see the briefcase that the night crew kindly slipped in.

Sitting down to prepare for his days work, he rolled the secret tag to read the orange text, practiced enough to read through it as though it were his native language. Satisfied from what he read, Mr. Webber rubbed the temporary ink off with his thumb, and reached in a cabinet for the key, small and primitive, to collect the contents inside. Inside lay a common notebook, with German writings that were clearly rushed, but legible. Using the notes as reference, he typed away into the centennial device, whose only function was quite insignificant; to print books.
bahly oqbmpj us txegnp
After saving the document and changing it's access password, Mr. Webber shredded the notebook whole, preparing it for the incinerator. He printed a single copy. The minimalist cover carried the title “Collective Findings: The Condition”. Afterward, he placed a new, empty notebook and locked the briefcase. He grabbed a blue marker to update the tag.

ullei lhhspqw ilm ffniqf almpccxz zhi ezwynphx ipl ffsuzjzl iorukf zhpz tz ecdipveypz yygfdmesj

The Horizon Cometh: Zero... Chapter One

June, 2207

A poorly maintained bar in a small town neighboring Nikko, Japan. Hal Erikson, frustrated and tired, enters in an attempt to find some recreation after searching for the countries great martial artists to expand upon his European-based knowledge. His journey came to a quick ending after being shown the ancient, mystical art of flashy costumes and no refunds. He orders whatever is the strongest, and waits for his wasted time to come back to him.

The local band plays (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GchMBkdpyf4) on a small stage, surrounded by a compact crowd. The energy, concentrated in the small area, leads to physical carelessness. Crumbling out of the mosh, Katsuo collects herself, with the expression of a small child being juggled by her father. She wobbles to the counter, requesting only water. The stool she picks stands right next to Hal, who only recently takes a fascination to the scene behind him.

“What happened to you?” Hal spotted a couple bruises among the young woman's sweat.

“My god, the people here are crazy,” she answered, clearly without complaint, “there must be some sort of airborne drug or something, this town is just one big maniac! One guy, back their, in the dressy, formal looking shirt that's not buttoned, well his idea...”

Hal just took a big drink through the story, having lost concern for her after hearing her reaction. Typically not trying to be so anti-social in these situations, Hal struggled to keep up with the girls fast mouth, speaking a language he barely spoke.

“So, why have you gotten here?” Kat asked.

“I've been put into a goose chase for so long I no longer have the desire to see straight.” His voice cracked at the low volume he spoke. Hal didn't feel like conversing with strangers, his only worry being the wait of his bottle, of which he needed another which he needed another.

“Right, a tourist with a brain is never a good thing.”

Hal assumed she meant “never happy”, maybe replacing one word with another with how odd her language seemed. Of course, this is the first place he'd gone to since giving up on the “tourist friendly” area's.

From behind stumbled a raging drunk. He dropped himself onto the counter without care for whatever his arms flailed off, Katsuo sighed and considered the likely hood of using reason to calm him down, and Hal signaled for the waiter to bring him another drink.

“I don't care how you did it,” the drunk squealed, “I know you didn't do...di...done cheated, give me back my money.”

“Is that you're reaction to everyone you lose to?” she replied, still not sure how that would help her.

“I counted the cards, everyone knows that each color has only two of the picture-guy ones, and I had, like... three, at least. Where'd you're fifth one come from?”

Kat was almost chuckling to herself until the man until he started check inside her sleeveless sweater for secret pockets. Her resistance prompted him to attempt to lift her up to intimidate her. As he grabbed her shoulders, clumsiness got the better of him, and Kat got thrown over the bar landing with a sudden CRASH.

The drunk took a step back in realization of what he'd just caused. The music halted abruptly, the bartender tried to hide his frightened expression, and the other patrons looked on, not needing to say a single word to show their judgment. The drunk thought desperately to find a cover up, spotting the man she'd spoken to earlier, in his own little world with his liqueur-filled companion. Thinking he can somehow paint a better picture through bravery, he pulled his switchblade from out of his pocket slumped back down to the counter, his arms sliding every which way once again. To Hal's horror, one of the drunks arms knocked the freshly opened bottle out of his hand, falling to the other side of the counter, landing almost completely empty.

Hal raised from his seat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHpFLyxcvVU), fighting the urge to crush the foolish man's skull on the spot, all the while being accused of being an accomplice whose only motive was to get in someones pants. As the drunks rant escalated, Hal slowly shifted his gaze, rotating his head from the now bottle-less counter top to make eye contact. His scowl sucked the confidence out of the drunk, his rant dictated by the oncoming stare of an orc banging against the walls that imprisoned it inside his human body. Finally, Hal was looking down, straight at the fool, like freight train glaring at the end of the tunnel.

“I don't know who you are,” he argued without feeling the need to raise his voice, “and you don't know who I am. Maybe we should introduce ourselves. We can settle this like gentlemen, right...RIGHT?”

The drunk shook his head, already watering in the eyes.

“Right... I am Hal Erikson, and I'm not exactly a local. Now, where I come from, if you carry a weapon, it's because you know how to use it,” Hal moved the right side of his jacket, revealing a handle protruding from his belt. “and if you present to someone said weapon, then you intend to use it,” Hal grabbed the handle and pulled on it, revealing a large kukri which Hal made sure was in plain sight of the drunk. “but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a second chance. Just introduce yourself, like a gentleman.”

“D-Daisuke.” he answered.

Hal's face changed slightly to that of satisfaction. “It's a pleasure to meet you, Daisuke.” He sheathed his knife, despite Daisuke still tightly gripping his. This did not worry Hal. “It seems that, in your little tantrum, you've spilled my drink. If you don't mind, I think it'd only be fair that you rectify your mistake by getting me another.”

Daisuke fumbled in his right pocket with his left hand, grabbing a wad of bills and handing it to the bartender, who'd already had a bottle ready. Hal eagerly grabbed it, opened it and drank from his offering, remembering what had gotten in this situation to begin with.

“That girl took quite the tumble when you spoke with her,” Hal explained, only slightly concerned, “you should probably help her up.”

Daisuke hesitated, a bit of anger appearing within his fear. Looking over the bar, he was meet a smirk as Katsuo sat in the other end, relishing every moment of his humiliation as she held her hand to him.

“Go on now,” said Hal, “you are a gentleman, aren't you?”

Daisuke cringed at the sound of Hal's voice, and then found the motivation to assist Kat back up. He pulled her arm, hoping that this would be the end of it all, and Kat threw herself back over the counter and on the ground again.

“Oops,” Hal chuckled, entertained, “try again.”

Daisuke looked back in disbelief. When he looked up at the now smiling man, he suddenly got a surge of the rage he felt before. His fear left for sure when he remembered a fatal detail; he never but his knife away. Twisting his lips into a determent grin, and riled himself up with a booming yell, and thrust his hand forward.

The contact to Hal's torso caught him way of guard. He looked down, almost offended by Daisuke's attack, and observed what damage had been done. Hal made note of his bone dry shirt, and Daisuke opened his empty fist, just as Katsuo tossed the switchblade across the floor, removing any connection between her and it.

Hal set his bottle on the bar, and took a deep, growling breath. “Maybe we should take this outside...”

Daisuke flew out the window, preceding an up-roaring cheer from the audience. Hal walked out the front door, bottle in hand, slightly disappointed in himself. Half of Daisuke's body hit the frame of the window. The liqueur must have screwed with his aim.

“Is he gonna make it, doc?” Kat said mockingly, inspecting the damage done to the window.

“Not if he get's an infection, he won't.” replied Hal, pouring his drink upon Daisuke's body as he fumbles to his feet, limping through the street in a pathetic flee.

“You left your knife here!” Kat yelled back, leaning out the front door. Hal took in another drink, enjoying the fresh air. “Katsuo.”

“I'm sorry?” Hal asked.

“My name is Katsuo”

Hal nodded his head, giving a handshake as he looked down the street, noticing the sirens. “I hope ambulances here come with dry pants.” he commented.

Kat just looked on, arriving to a worrying realization, grabbing her key magnet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUDqp76LTgM).
tex semtex jel unlrgmqd
“What?” Hal noticed the change in her face.

“It's just...that guy's...” her face twitched a nervice grin, “Follow me!” She ran to her car, barely waiting for Hal.

“Is there something I'm missing right now?” Hal asked, making a b-line in Kat's direction.

“You can get mad at me later, just GET IN!”

Was going to make a bigger post with more events, but this one got long enough.

Ace3000
15th February 2015, 04:02 AM
Excellent choice of music there! That was actually a fantastic part!

Though, I still don't know what all that gibberish is.

BardicSMG
15th February 2015, 04:16 AM
Good, that particular set hints to an agenda that, well, I don't think Brandon Smith would appreciate. Just be glad Jonny Bovier didn't find that first set, as there would be no survivors to recall his pure rage.

What... did you think Syncline would be your friend. They have no "friends", that would screw the entire operation.

Ace3000
15th February 2015, 04:22 AM
So Syncline are not on the sides of Angelus or Crinale, but are a third party altogether?

BardicSMG
15th February 2015, 04:25 AM
For the most part. They may offer assistance, if you trust them enough. That, and if you can afford the payment, of which money will not do.

Ace3000
15th February 2015, 05:35 AM
Uh huh. Like what kind of "payment"? Asking for a friend.

Okay, okay, Crinale! I've just asked him now. Geez.

BardicSMG
15th February 2015, 06:04 AM
Just a quick example. Probably won't actually come up.

To the Director of Harimau International

It has come to are attention that a rival team has developed a weapon with a certain side effect that has gone unnoticed by AG-Racing officials. It seems to react rather harshly towards organic material. As bad as that sounds, I assure you that your pilots are safe. Life forms are far too complicated to be effected by the weapon, and their not the intended target, anyway. The real danger lays in any material made from organic or synthetic carbon-based material.

This direct assault simply will not do, so we took the liberty of developing a defense. It's a form of armor coating that sinks into microscopic cracks of any material, and can even be mixed with liquid. It's not to defensive, but it has a special perk; It carries the same molecular properties of moss, in fact, it is moss, just a bit more evolved, and almost self-aware. No matter how much damage is caused to the craft, the micro-moss will always reform, and fully coat its host, blinding the weapon which would have dissolved without it.

On another subject, we see that you have undergone a top secret project; your organic augmentations. We request that you end this project and dispose of all findings related to it. We also request that this be done IMMEDIATELY.

No need to contact us again, we will know when to send the material. This e-mail will be wiped upon your reading this, so please, take credit for your new defense. Just don't mention us to anyone, and we mean anyone.

Ace3000
15th February 2015, 07:29 AM
Ah, so it's not that you come to them, they come to you. Do I have it right?

BardicSMG
15th February 2015, 07:37 AM
Absolutely

Ace3000
15th February 2015, 08:36 AM
And I'm assuming you can't just deny their assistance? Like, for instance, they will ensure that there will be repercussions?

I know, I'm asking a lot of questions, sorry.

BardicSMG
15th February 2015, 12:09 PM
Of course. I didn't mention any repercussions in my example because failure to comply would already cripple the team, which is punishment enough. Denial of assistance won't always lead to the worst consequences imaginable, as we often wish to give you a second chance. We understand that sometimes the right choice can be hard to make.

Ace3000
15th February 2015, 01:01 PM
Denial of assistance won't always lead to the worst consequences imaginable, as we often wish to give you a second chance. We understand that sometimes the right choice can be hard to make.

That sounded creepy, almost like it came straight from the mouth of the leader. Especially the last part: "sometimes the right choice can be hard to make.". *shudders*

- - - Updated - - -

>log06: 22100521

Monday, May 21st, 2210

CIGC Hangar 112, [REDACTED], Russia.

As soon as the day started, Viktor visited CIGC* Hangar 112, where he was greeted by Xavier Reid, several other technicians, and the completed I4-XA2b jet fighter.

"Is it complete?" Viktor asked.

"Yes, the XA2 Beta is complete. We also took the liberty of fitting it with the 6ATTR you took." Xavier replied.

"The one that was made by Jennter, not one we made?"

"It would've taken too long to make another one. We wanted the XA2b to be completed ASAP."

"Well done. So who's testing it?"

"Your choice. Pick whoever you want."

Viktor simply nodded, made an odd hand gesture and walked toward the jet fighter. As he climbed in, Xavier realised what the gesture was: He pointed at himself.

>>XA2_B TEST INITIATED<<

The craft started up with the usual jet whine. As it did, Viktor's voice came through to Xavier's communications system.

"Like you, I want this done quickly and effectively. It would take too long to bring a test pilot down here, and I would have to give the test instructions. Here, I can do everything, as well as explain what I'm doing while I do it. Let's go!"

<acedia | deadmau5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9SBzwhvesU&t=97)_>

BOOM

The fighter took off at an incredible rate, which was unsurprising, seeing as it was powered by a slightly modified version of Crinale's F12000 powerplant. As soon as it was out of the hangar, it flew straight up, at a 90° angle, barrel rolling as it climbed. When it hit the height required for the test, 45,000ft, Viktor levelled out and initiated the second part of the test: Aerial Combat.

Somehow, Crinale were able to obtain decommissioned fighter jets, which were to be destroyed, for the test. In order for the test to be successful, the XA2b had to outmaneuver them by a certain amount, as the targets that were being used were outdated. In order to test the maneuverability, Viktor had to destroy the craft in a certain time. In addition, the craft was also being measured to ensure that its limits were above that of any fighter jet in service, which they obtained data for along with the decommissioned jets.

Viktor pushed down and rolled at the same time, turning 180° and flying towards a small group of fighters, pressing the button for the 6ATTR.

BEEP BEEP BEEP came sounds from the cockpit to signify the 6ATTR locking on the 3 craft. He let go of the button, which fired 3 rockets. At the same time as each other, those 3 jets exploded, the rockets hit their mark. However, there were now 6 craft remaining. It was a bit harder this time, as they were now locked in close combat, which caused Viktor to start using evasive maneuvers, starting the testing of the maneuverability of the jet.

<[4:05] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9SBzwhvesU&t=245)_>

Viktor flew by a jet fighter, entering the pilot's blind spot. When he was side to side with it, he barrel rolled over it to the other side, slowing down in the process. As he did, he locked a rocket onto it, and as he came out of the roll, he fired the rocket. The fighter exploded, the XA2 flying through and out of the explosion, firing at another jet, bringing that down. He then tested the strength of the jet by using an evasive roll maneuver to fly under, then up towards a fighter. They tried to evade the XA2b, but it was too quick, slicing through a wing, breaking it. The resulting move to the XA2b was minimal, if not negligible.

The remaining 3 craft fired at Viktor, who then twisted and turned through the barrage of bullets and rockets. Viktor locked on to 2 of them, firing as he looped over and around the final enemy fighter remaining, which Viktor dumped a load of bullets into. It exploded epically, making Viktor the... ummm... victor.

Viktor then flew straight down, toward the ground, from 42,000ft. Faster and faster the speed increased. At the last possible second, he deployed the AG brakes, slowing the craft down and decreasing the angle of the craft so that it was level with the ground as it landed.

Viktor was then helped out of the craft, and he walked over to Xavier.

"It's a success. Move to phase 3 of testing. Try and break it. I'm going back to HQ." He told him

"Of course, sir. I shall also continue to get some of our people to research faster ways of building these fighters, during and after Phase 3 is complete. Also, if Phase 3 is successful, the I4 project as a whole is a success."

"Great. До свидания"

------------
Crinale International Space Station (CISS)

When he got back, he called the other end of R&D.

"How long will the CA5b be completed?" He asked

"We don't know as yet" Came the reply. "We envision a completion date within the month, though."

"Good, You have 10 days. Go."

*Crinale International Ground Control

BardicSMG
15th February 2015, 01:07 PM
Carole really hadn't shown her face to ******* in years. Maybe it was fitting that such tragedy struck on the same day. Rubbing the oxidized blood of off her face was like peeling her own skin off. Only a page of writing was added to the notebook when she returned. Encoding the message in her head tamed her emotions, keeping herself busy by traveling through a grid of letters in her head.

siodsqus zrw plvgvvhu xkv jwniomiwysxjequ mv eilxl rlv hdiuxiqti zzpo wsocsz

Do you like these short little cryptic previews? No? Too bad, I have fun writing them. However, I've had a huge writers spark, so part zero is almost at the point of just putting it on paper. BTW, part zero will probably be 12 parts total.

making Viktor the... ummm... victor.

It didn't take him long, either. He really was Russian it.

BardicSMG
16th February 2015, 02:20 AM
Next part will have a cameo from one of Jonny's characters. Just a fair warning...

Ace3000
16th February 2015, 06:13 AM
Do you like these short little cryptic previews? No? Too bad, I have fun writing them.

I like them, even though I can't understand them. Oh well, I hope that I will soon.

I'm also assuming the colour has something to do with decoding it as well?

It didn't take him long, either. He really was Russian it.

Ok, I admit, that one made me laugh. Well done! :lol

BardicSMG
16th February 2015, 02:12 PM
December, 2206

Agent Hideki sat in an Interpol meeting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsY84xZSSlw) bored to near disgust. It didn't really matter what they were going on about this time, no one else did. They couldn't have, everyone in this room wasn't here because they wanted to extend the force of justice, they all had some story of strings pulled in the system to some extent.

He used to be sheriff where he was, the highest form of authority. No matter how much crap he got, he earned his spot. Why shouldn't he indulge a bit of the record. All the pet sheep that told him that this was such a pristine honor must have known this and thought hours of whatever this meeting room is was more fun to them then just prison.

Hideki looked to the seat on his left, where the Germans were segregated off to. A man in a suit, clearly a guest, was twitching his eyelids, fighting his drowsiness, though the man forgot what he was doing here to began with. Hideki slapped the mans shoulder, jump-starting him to alertness.

“Enjoy the show so far?” Hideki said without an ounce of seriousness.

“Uh, yeah, it's good.” the man whispered, making little effort to sound genuine.

“Yep, I think it's a waist, too.” Hideki was satisfied to finally find someone transparent enough to be trustworthy, “Whats your name?”

“I'm Mr. Assange. I hope you actually have something to say.”

“You don't know why I'm really here, no one does.” the room was big enough to keep the conversation between the two. “That's what I want to talk about.”

“And I assume you're going to tell me why you're here.”

“Benefits. A little here or there, a bit off the top. You know, Benefits.”

Assange awoke with a grin, having remembered why he was here. “Are these benefits going to be shared any time soon?”

“Well, first I need help getting to these benefits.”

“What do you need?”

“15 minutes after we're done, I'll be taking a little 'coffee' break. Just take the closest bridge north, head right on the D1, drive 6 more blocks. You'll now the place when you see it.”

June, 2207

The sirens grow louder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUDqp76LTgM) as Katsuo struggled with the magnetic lock. Hal looked behind him and noticed an armored van in the distance. A buzz emanated from the Elise when the doors remained locked. Kat looked on struck with defeat when Hal noticed the source of the rejecting sound near the back. He felt the vibrations with his hand and meet the sound with a smash, ending the buzz and unlocking the door. The two rushed in and were greeted with a ringing in-car phone.

“SHUT UP” Kat yelled when she struck the “deny call” hologram. The car took no extra time pushing forward. The humble town had never witnessed so much fire power, even if it was slightly modest compered to what it could have been. Police cruisers were spreading as to scatter across the town. This became apparent as Kat was busy swerving on every street. Another armored van drove across the street in front, ignoring Kat's car as she turned towards it.

“This is the only road out, I need a distraction.” Kat said.

“What distraction?”

“JUST DO SOMETHING!” They were getting closer to the van now. At the end of the road, two more blocked each side. Only one more van would be needed to block the road completely, and the van in front of them wasn't slow enough for her to overtake.

Hal spotted a lighter on the dashboard in front of him. He looked at his bottle, still more then half full, and took one more drink for good luck. The lighter lit easily, and followed the bottle to the front of the van. Flame engulfed the windshield and the panicked driver spun into the nearest building.

Kat's hand instinctively flicked the “AG” icon, releasing the very reason for the road-block. The back half of an F7200 Icaras emerged from the back, the car lifted while the tires turned their rims to the ground. The sirens did not follow, they know they had failed. The craft disappeared behind the mountain.

Katsuo had entered the craft into a wide cave, the thrusts in the back providing the only light. They were met by a fork in the trail.

“Get out here, take the right path.” Kat instructed “You'll see a mansion on the other side, it's safe to spend the night there. I'll be back by morning to explain what to from their.”

“And if you're not there by then, what do I do?”

“My mother will be there to help. Don't bother waiting for me.” Her casual optimism gave way when she spoke. Hal could do nothing else but put his trust in her.

Katsuo turned left and started to flee aimlessly into the mountains. At last she could find some calm by speeding through the mountains. It stopped being about running after a while, and became therapy. Her mind was preoccupied with testing herself on each corner. She'd gone past the point where the speed was excitement ever sense she'd gotten out of town. It was a much needed relaxing tool, that had worked wonders up until the phone in her car started to ring.

Kat started to slow, knowing this time it was probably important. She took a deep breath, staring at the caller ID; Mom's cell. Explaining the stranger that had just been sent to her wasn't going to be as fun. When she finished her stop, she moved her hand toward the green phone key, interrupted by a bright light entering her windshield.
pvwibz fdoiv eutx kyy rhrgqgbse yuh zmyma amd
When she put her hand at the source, she made out a helicopter observing her movements. True anxiety was starting to sink in, she couldn't hang up and leave her mother in the dark. She answered the call.

“I know, I know, I sent someone home. I can expla-”

“So you did...” The man on the other end was pleased to here what Kat slipped up. “We'll bring him in here soon. And yes, we know it's a he.”

Kat wished she didn't know the voice on the other end. “Hideki...” She started pleading into the speaker. “Hideki, where's Mom?”

“If you'd answered earlier before boldly running of, then I wouldn't have to explain such things. The price for your freedom would also be one new-accomplice cheaper, seeing as he seems to have found a way to compromise the short circuit on your little toy.” Kat's mother was shouting in the backround.

If only she hadn't been home to her mother (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yStBbkG5bEQ) sooner, saying goodbye might be just a bit easier. All Katsuo could let herself do was lean back and analyze her situation. Of course she wasn't worth two people, especially when one was her very own mother. It would have been so much easier to think that not being put in her dilemma. She knew what she had to do, she couldn't live with herself if she just ran, but words escaped her. 'I can't do it.' Those words echoed in her head, torturing her, making her feel so horrible and selfish.

“Having trouble's deciding?” Hideki handed the phone to the shaken old woman.

“Daughter,” her voice started to calm when she finally had the chance to speak. “Please, listen to me.”

“It's okay, I won't run. I won't let myself”

“No, you have to,” her mother said, gaining Katsuo's attention, “it's not just about us.” Her words were brought to a whisper.

“Mom, I don't understand.”

“You purpose is more important then the two of us.”

“It's okay, I'm just one person.” Kat tried to argue, not fully understanding why this was so. “I can stay silent, I promise I won't say anything.”

“You know it's not that simple. You can't give yourself up.”

Katsuo tried to accept the fate she was given. “Is there anything else I can do. There must be some way out of this.”

Her mother didn't answer. “Stay strong, my child.”

Katsuo tried everything she could to collect herself. She could only think of one thing to say. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

Out of the helicopter she dove, waving goodbye in the distance. Katsuo waved back at the bittersweet sight, finding a bit of comfort in the closer she was given. She started to speed up, now things were clear to her.

The panic in the helicopter kept it still, and Katsuo faded into the distance.

Probably could've made this better if I had gone into more detail about Katsuo's family. I'll keep that in mind for future parts.

Jonny
16th February 2015, 09:09 PM
[part removed]

Ace3000
17th February 2015, 05:35 AM
Nice chapters!

So it seems that Katsuo's Elise is not a pure AG car like Angelus', but a wheeled car with an AG function. Nice! Also, it seems it's not really hers, at least, that's what I got from it. Did she actually steal it?

BardicSMG
17th February 2015, 09:07 AM
Kat's car is hers. How'd you get the idea that it wasn't? I'm guessing the fact that it didn't start immediately has to do with it. That could probably be explained a bit better.

The car didn't start because someone (won't say who yet) put a device on it to short circuit it. That's why it was buzzing and vibrating. Kat didn't notice this in her panic. Hal noticed it, but didn't exactly know what was happening, he just noticed a part of the car acting weird, and fixed the problem by bashing it. When Hideki saw the car start, then saw Hal, he assumed Hal was an accomplice for Kat (remember the first phone call, keep that in mind for chapter three).

Ace3000
17th February 2015, 09:45 AM
Ah, ok. I must have glossed over that. If you remove a bit of that text, it reads as if she's trying to break into the car.

BardicSMG
17th February 2015, 09:42 PM
Sterling Turner; Traveler and Master Combatant. Feared by Many, Gentleman to All.

That was always how he introduced himself, in any situation, with his eccentric, assertive voice surprising nearly all he meet. Times were, of course, a bit dreary in contrast to the cheery attitude of Naomi Turner's estranged son. Funny how people complain at optimism. Morale was important in war, it was most important now then ever that he kept a level head.

Not that he was really apart of the war, not in a technical sense. With all do respect to Jana Bovier, god rest her soul, if his interests were simply a matter of land control and national pride, he'd of joined the military proper. His purchases of the black market, training of hundreds of lost and angry young souls, work put into procedures for the sake of secrecy, and function as leader of his own privet military contractor were all the cause of a different motive.

Maybe this was a bit much. If only history had learned it's lesson, as it never does. Perhaps things wouldn't have escalated as far as it has. But, no use pondering on such subjects, the briefcase is ready for delivery.

ok wirsj e wzgcp keult ss xlwwvgew eek tsrfvzvmam rkevtjx xuk kwee zymw pulph ok lwiq zf sye guzeazrki oak m qhyk gsazzryr zf wxekjw xuk zqtbxkerpk fj orkgmrt srhmfue peeulkl nrzzi

I made a new character. Well, not just now, I'm just introducing him. Also, I (finally) have a job, so posts from me will be a bit less frequent. Should still have enough time to finish part zero by early next month. That's my plan, atleast.

Ace3000
18th February 2015, 04:48 AM
Would the final zero part give us the code necessary to solve those puzzles?

BardicSMG
18th February 2015, 07:04 AM
I'll make it easier before then. Won't just tell you the answer, but I'll make it at least a google search away.

BardicSMG
20th February 2015, 01:00 AM
Hal was meet with an overgrown field (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk2Cq1dgKHY) in a large valley when he came out the other end. He spotted the old mansion behind a rusted gate. The front door was busted, and the frame was broken. He was told there would be no more problems here, and the fact that now he has this to deal with did not make him happy. He grabbed his kukri, even if it wasn't enough fire power, he was not in the mood to negotiate.

Behind the door was a wall, with rooms opening up on both sides. Hal had grown accustomed to the darkness, this made him feel even more confident. A moving light peeked out on the left, it's source behind the corner. Hal hid on the wall farther from the door, wondering if he should really be doing this. A solder came out of the darkness, carelessly patrolling the area, unaware of the intruder to his left. Hal swept his leg and drove his face to the ground, tearing off the helmet.

He spotted a pistol on his hip, choosing that over the rifle. Even the sidearm would be enough to alert attention. This truly was the stupidest thing he could be doing, but really, who cares. The living room had only a couch and an old datascreen. He went upstairs, where he assumed the bedrooms would be. If Katsuo's mother was still home, maybe she could make use of a weapon.

He slid up the stairs, spotting another light protruding from the right corner. He waited on the top step, and slash at the other end. He felt his wrist get grabbed. Hal spun over, in a last ditch effort to shoot his way out. He was meet with liqued sprayed on his face. His vision was impaired, and he found himself fighting with himself to stay awake. The light now covered the entirety of his vision, followed with a force on his chest. Hal was pushed down the stairs, and lay unconscious on the bottom.

The next morning.

Katsuo awoke (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eIiu1CjrTE), still in her car. That was all a dream, right? This wasn't the first time she decided to sleep on the side of the road. She grow more awake, starting to remember how vivid her dream was. It had to be a dream. She needed to get home, soon. How many days had it been? She better call her mother to check up.

Call her mother...it was real, wasn't it. She checked her call history.

[]
[[Incoming; Unknown; 11:52 PM; Denied]]

[I]She really was dead...it was real.

Hal was real...and at her home. He walked right into a trap!

She couldn't leave him to rot. Didn't Hideki call him her accomplice? They're going to question him and he won't have anything to say. What could she do? Should she turn herself in and try to break out with him? That would never work, would it. She had to find them.

Kat had one lead; the unknown number. It was on the cover of every phonebook at every phonebooth in the area, right after the words “Police (for non-emergencies)”. Where else would they take him, it's scarcely a secret operation. Maybe she could do it, she would need more planning, but she could do it. They weren't after her for loitering, after all. She could do it.

...she had to.

Police HQ

Hal could only find that out from the talking out side. He still wasn't sure if he actually came to yet. His wrists dug into metal cuffs. A bald man with unkempt gray facial hair walked in accompanied by two police officers. The man held a laptop on one hand, reviewing the information inside.

“How much did she pay you?” he asked, still reading through the words on the screen. He received no response. “Hey kid, I asked you a question, know you're supposed to answer. How much did she pay you?” The man checked his windows one last time and closed the laptop. He finally took a look at Hal. “Tell me. How. Much.”

Hal just stared, without any idea of what to do. He'd been holding in his anger ever sense that drunk took him over the edge to begin with. He didn't know or care what the man was going on about. All he knew was how much he'd like to hear his skull ring.

“Maybe you're a little too dense to have figured out why you're here.” The man took time to start wrapping his right wrist. “I'm an agent working for Interpol. You can call me Hideki. This is an interrogation. Now you should understand. Tell me what I want to know or there will be consequences.”

Hal gave up on taking a breath and counting to ten. He was assessing different ways to vent his anger. He knew this old man was deserving of a beat down when the first word he said came out of his mouth.

“Wasn't much, was it. Maybe my son was right. Maybe it was just sex.”

Hal roared with all his might before he even decided if he should. This is who Daisuke, the worthless being, leaches off of. Of course the father would the kind to accuse him of being a criminal and excepting that as payment. Hal jumped up and planted his heel on the Hideki's temple. The other officer's struck him with a taser. Needles started poking out his blood veins from the inside, it seemed. The officers started to restrain Hal's legs. He didn't care, he gave his answer.

Hideki started to recover from the strike, not appreciating what had happened. “You want to play that game? You want to start a fist fight?” Hideki stressed himself into an uneasy smile. “I can play by your rules. I just want to clarify, it will end the same way. You will talk.” He swung his fist in a hay maker and drove Hal's head on the brick wall behind him. Hal could swear something was breaking out of his head from both sides. All of the punches, stab wounds, and even the taser didn't hold up to what he just felt. What was left of his thought process managed to gather only thing; his didn't wrap his hand in just any tape.

A Hidden Dwelling Somewhere in Nikko (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4v53ovrauU)

Katsuo walked in on a boy not any older then her. He always wore a hoodie and only used the alias “Hacker”. His room was filled with holograms from several different devices scattered wherever they fit. Katsuo's introduction was brief.

“I'm breaking into the police station.” she said.

Hacker stopped immediately, almost startled. “What are you getting?”

“I, uh, I accidentally lead some guy into a trap.”

“Of course it was a guy.” Hacker said, dismissing her entirely.

Kat was thrown of guard by his attitude. “Yeah... you know that thing you just did? That's why know one will work with you.”

Hacker stopped again. He'd always been skeptical of Kat's character, but she brought up a point. Having to leave everything behind and assume total secrecy made business... complicated. He left what he was doing before and walked over to Katsuo. “If I'm going to waste my time, creating a net-trail to myself, for one guy I never meet, there's going to be a fee.”

Kat pulled a plastic object from her pocket and handed it to hacker. “This was on the inside in the back of my car. They probably broke in the back, near the engine. It disabled my magnet locks and probably the whole thing, judging from the error history from my on board computer. It got damaged fairly easily, I'm guessing it's a rushed prototype.”

Hacker had been inspecting the object, managing to pry it open with his hands and observe the chip inside. “And you think this hasn't been done before?” He asked, slightly unimpressed.

“You haven't seen the errors. Some of them were parts of the car that weren't even connected to the computer, I found several new files, one of them recorded the type of ground my tires were on. Another collected audio while the car was off.”

“So you brought a tracking device right to my door.”

“It doesn't work right now. Otherwise I wouldn't be carrying it.”

Hacker put the device on the nearest table and went to one of the holographic displays. He opened a file containing several blueprints of various buildings of note from around the area. “I'm assuming you're looking for the one Hideki usually goes to, the one funded by Nikko city government. That one is a bit under-budgeted from being distanced from most other policing agencies. A lot of the security systems are out-dated, flexing is the main thing keeping the building locked up.”

A Few Hours Later

Hacker had looking looking through a list of various specs regarding the buildings computerized procedures. Kat had sat on the floor losing her patience. She had been fiddling with the device in a vain effort to pass the time.

“I can cause a black-out in the building that will last about a minute.” Hacker said, after a long silence.

Kat jump up in excitement. “And what can I do with that time?”

“That's not my department.” He looked around a 3d recreation of the building. “There seems to be a hill going up the west wall. If you did a bit of demolition work, you could make it on top of the ceiling tiles, where the ventilation and piping is. That's an easy way into the ground floor.”

“And the basement? That's where the cells are, how do I get there.”

“Don't know yet...”

Kat reverted back to her quiet state of mind.

“...Wait a minute... is that...” Hacker looked a bit surprised.

“What is it?” Kat asked, jumping back up.

“It turns out that during business hours the system is connected to the national security network.”

Kat tried to hide the worry in her voice. “Can't you just disconnect it?”

“The connection is established by the national computers. Not even full access to Hideki's systems could disconnect it. The only time it's online without the network is when the building opens for the day, when the network has to find it again after losing the signal when the computers shut down.”

“So, in the morning, then.”

“At about 6:00 AM for ten seconds, that's my window to do anything without having the whole of the Japanese government to deal with.”

“...could you give me a minute?” Kat walked out to the windowless alley out side. She sat in her car, with her breathing escalating.

“It's okay...” she said to herself. “It's okay to make a mistake. It's okay, I'm fixing this. I'm getting him out of this, it will be okay, I just have to wait. Besides, it's not like he can say anything, right. He doesn't even know why they're after me.” Her mind thought up a million things at once. “They maybe, said some things that he didn't need to know, but I trust him... for some reason. I...if...it weren't for him, it'd be me in there, but it's him. It's okay, Hideki can't do much to someone with information, unless he finds out that Hal doesn't have any, and then... but that'd be after more then a day right. It's okay, it's okay. IT'S OKAY! JUST CALM DOWN IT'S OKAY!"

She banged her hands on the steering wheel in her fit while some telemarketer called her. She let it ring out while she recovered herself. The call history came up, reminding her of the past phone-calls.

[]
[[Incoming; Mom's Cell; 12:14 AM; Approx. 4 min.]]
[[Incoming; Unknown; Yesterday; Denied]]

[I]The number next to the information had an exclamation mark inside of a triangle. Had that always been there? She touched, revealing another error.

[[Does not recognize K.O. mix.]]

She must have glanced past that one. There were other notifications that popped along with the error. At some point, some of the fluid that runs the AG functions had evaporated. It actually went into great detail about which ones evaporated and how much of it had. It was all in a hidden file called “K.O. mix”. It was to be activated if pressure was put on the driver's seat, and probably would have traveled through the air vents if the device was never damaged.

The fluid it used didn't really cost that much...

Yeah, Queens of the Stone Age isn't really WipEout music, but no other song seemed to fit as good, so screw it.

Ace3000
20th February 2015, 01:54 AM
Wow... I have no words for how awesome this is getting! :hyper

EDIT: 666th post. Crinale would be proud. :P

BardicSMG
20th February 2015, 10:09 AM
I saw that post around the time it got posted. Been on my mind all day at work. You made me feel like a proper writer, with, like, publishings and stuff.

I DID GOOD!

Snakenator1
20th February 2015, 11:58 AM
EDIT: 666th post. Crinale would be proud. :P

*picks up crucifix and points at Ace*

BE GONE SATAN xD
Anyway I have an ETA for my new series, June 19th. I know its a while away but then I have all the time in the world to write my new story, I will be free from college ^^
Also it gives me more time to think of more details and create a good story.

Jonny
20th February 2015, 03:03 PM
"An Ace(3000) is better of dead than alive"
I have nothing better to do as quoting Sulejmani.But his lines are awesome!

Ace3000
21st February 2015, 05:48 AM
Hey, Bardic, where is Katsuo's favourite (or only, if that's the case) mountain pass she drives on? Is it near Nikko?

EDIT: Oh hey, Irohazaka is in Nikko. There's a fun fact for you Jonny.

BardicSMG
21st February 2015, 06:56 AM
I've decided that the network of caves that leads to her home is her favourite place to drive on. Part of the reason she isn't home much is to experience a variety of roads, but when she gets home sick, the caves tend to give her a nostalgic calm even before she makes it home. Plus, it's an enclosed area, so there's less risk involved when she gains speed. As for actual roads, she'll tire of any pass that she's been on for too often, so there's not really a preference. Remember, she's really fast, so there's a lot of road that she's had the opportunity to drive on, and I (personally) find that routes are more fun when you drive them for the first time.

Ace3000
21st February 2015, 07:03 AM
Ah, so she likes to drive on many roads, but that cave network is her favourite. Great! :D

Jonny
21st February 2015, 07:58 AM
Funfact? Where?
Irohazaka is also featured in Initial D, pfff...

Ace3000
21st February 2015, 08:46 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant. Katsuo lives in the city/region where Irohazaka is.

BardicSMG
21st February 2015, 09:01 AM
Total accident. Literally just played around with Google maps and Nikko just made sense, so I went with that.

Ace3000
21st February 2015, 09:49 AM
Yeah, well you actually weren't too far off from the main character's course, Mt. Haruna in Gunma.

Jonny
21st February 2015, 11:08 AM
Off topic: While Wyvern was always said to be a reference to F-Zero all their craft begin with XFA, like the EXperimental Fighter Attacker, the XFA-27 Wyvern from Ace Combat

Ace3000
21st February 2015, 11:14 AM
Snake's Wyvern craft were actually XAF, but maybe he just swapped the letters around?

Ace3000
21st February 2015, 03:09 PM
>log07: 22100602

Saturday, June 2nd, 2210

Viktor was not pleased that the Beta version of Crinale's T9-CA5 grav-tank design was completed after May.

"I swear... if you were being supervised by Xavier, YOU WOULD HAVE FINISHED IT WITHIN THE TEN DAY DEADLINE I GAVE YOU! Unfortunately, there is not much I can do by way of punishment." He handed them a piece of paper. "Here's your tests, do them yourself. If you don't complete them within 48 hours, I will punish you ALL, even if it negatively affects Crinale." He then strode off angrily, towards his office.

"Viktor, there's a call from Xavier." His assistant called out to him as he entered his office. He gave a simple "Fine.", then slammed the door, picking up the phone.

"Damn it, Xavier, you better have good news, or I swear..."

"Yeah, sorry, I just heard." Xavier apologised. "I should have paid more attention to RD2. I promise to do so from now on. However, RD1 has exactly 2 pieces of good news. 1, the XA2b passed Phase 3. It is completely successful."

"And the second news?"

"We've found a way to immensely speed up the manufacturing process of the XA2. It has no effects to the quality or integrity of the craft, but there is one thing."

"Go on..."

"We can assemble the tools here at CIGC, and get it all working within a few weeks, or we can transport it to CISS, which will take about 1-2 months to deliver all the parts and assemble it. However, with it, we should be able to put out two jets per week, maybe more."

"Fantastic, can you manufacture the CA5 just as quick?"

"Using these tools... ehhhh, somewhat. They will take a bit longer, about 1 per week."

"Still quick enough. Bring the tools here. I wish to supervise construction of every craft made. We will still be able to complete construction by 2212."

------------
MEANWHILE (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100409153738/spongebob/images/d/d0/Meanwhile.jpg)

Akagi, Shibukawa, Gunma, Japan

22:27:38

<fly to me to the moon and back | the spiders from mars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPYgzfRlo1k)_>

The black car sat at the peak of the pass, waiting for the clock to hit 10:30pm local time. As the driver waited, he adjusted its settings, ready to test the new addition to it. After making the adjustments on the on-board computer, he reached for a red control dial to the right of him, turning it down so that a meter on the dashboard displayed "375hp". Happy with his adjustments, he fired the car and revved it a few times, shifting it into gear. It was finally time to tackle the Mt. Akagi course.

With a low boom noise, the car lurched forward, accelerating at an incredible rate. The straight was long enough to get the car up to a decent speed for the first corner, a long left hander. After that, there was a slight right hand bend, right before the hairpins started. He mashed the brakes late, flicked the shifter down into 2nd and turned the wheel with one hand.

'102' He thought. As long as he was driving his car, he could accurately determine how far to turn the wheel based on the car's speed and the angle and radius of the turn. In this case, he turned the wheel 102°. The car began to slide around the corner. It hit the apex neatly, the driver slowly straightening out wheel as it exited the corner. However, he didn't completely straighten out, so the car held the drift through the short, slight curve. At the end of the curve, he tapped the brakes and spun the wheel the other way, to the right. The amount and frequency of the hairpins meant that the first part was rather slow. After the second hairpin, which was just a sharp curve, there was a bit of a straight, a break for the upcoming hairpins, some of them consecutive.

After the hairpins, there was a slight S-curve, so slight he almost treated it as a straight. Ahead was a right angled corner, followed by a hairpin. The Black car took a narrow slide into the hairpin, then used the inertia to angle the other way and slip into the hairpin. That was where it went wrong. As he exited the hairpin and flowed through the left hand turn after it, he saw a pair of headlights behind him, but it was far away and he was pulling further away from it on the straight.

A rather twisty bit of road lay ahead. The further he went through it, the closer the lights came. Then on a short straight before another hairpin, the car made its move. It drifted alongside the black supercar, edging closer and closer to both it and the inside edge.

<dancing | vicky vale (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lFP_1Nl9f8)_>

"What?" The man spoke for the first time after starting. He noticed the car inching closer, and counteracted. He turned the wheel further and floored the accelerator. He then started to pull away from his opponent, but then their racing style changed dramatically, becoming faster and more refined, yet aggressive at the same time. It started to close the gap once again. It used the road as a slingshot, pushing it faster out of the corner and through the straight, overtaking the black car, and taking the next hairpin at a speed that looked way too fast.

The man in the black car couldn't believe what he saw. He was in so much shock, he just pulled over on the side of the road. It was then he started to think. 'Who... no, what, was that? A ghost? Hahaha. I've never seen a car like that before, it must be a classic. It must have been quick due to its extremely small size. Then again, it could have been a local, it did have Japanese plates. [sigh], maybe I should call it a night. I'll go back to HQ tomorrow.

Let us meet again... Obake.'

As he drove off for the hotel, the man did not realise he would never see the small purple sports car again, until 2 years later.

Snakenator1
21st February 2015, 04:24 PM
Off topic: While Wyvern was always said to be a reference to F-Zero all their craft begin with XFA, like the EXperimental Fighter Attacker, the XFA-27 Wyvern from Ace Combat

Uh-oh, cover has been blown 0.0
You're right guys, I just rearranged the letters and created a secret reference to Ace combat. I'm surprised how long it lasted xD

Jonny
21st February 2015, 06:33 PM
Akagi, too fast, old car, Eurobeat
I don't say anything, you know what I mean

BardicSMG
22nd February 2015, 01:40 AM
I just rearranged the letters and created a secret reference to Ace combat. I'm surprised how long it lasted xD

And I'm trying to get these guys to work out codes...

MEANWHILE (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100409153738/spongebob/images/d/d0/Meanwhile.jpg)

Looks like now I'm asking the questions. What kind of car is the black car? What color is it? And why does the driver not have enough balls to take the hairpin at a proper speed :p? (Far too fast being Katsuo's default.)

Ace3000
22nd February 2015, 03:42 AM
And I'm trying to get these guys to work out codes...

That was just 3 letters. Your codes are a whole sentence of gibberish. :P

ok, now to answer the questions:

What kind of car is the black car?

You'll find out later. Much later. If I tell you now, you'd find out the identity of the driver.

What color is it?

...There's a reason why I called it the black car. It's jet black.

And why does the driver not have enough balls to take the hairpin at a proper speed :p?

He hasn't had much experience with touge racing. Also, he's never been on Akagi. He was driving at a "safe" speed. If he went all out, he'd leave no room for error. Also, he only had 375hp at his disposal, and completely forgot to raise it to the car's max hp. The adjustable power thing was the new addition to the car.

(Far too fast being Katsuo's default.)

Well, I'm glad you realised that was supposed to be Katsuo. :D

Jonny
22nd February 2015, 07:19 AM
I guess it's a strange Initial D reference.
The driver is the FTA version of Keisuke Takahashi and he drives the black car (instead of the yellow FD).
Akagi and Akina are completely swapped, so he is new to Agaki, while Akina is his home turft (vise versa in ID).
The other driver is obviously supposed to be Takumi Fujiwara (while his home turft is Akagi in that case, in ID it's Akina), that's why he/she goes into the courners at much higher speeds.
This whole scene is a reference to Act. 2 of First Stage, as the Akagi Red Suns (where Keisuke drives) challenged the Akina Speed Stars.
As Keisuke makes another practise run on the downhill, Takumi comes back from his Tofu Delivery. Takumi easily outruns Keisuke in his old 86 and goes into a corner at a much higher speed than Keisuke, who said:

Does he not know the track? After this fast right-hander is a slow left-hander. He is to fast and is going to land in the ravine!
Then Takumi is doing some professional-that-noone-expects-from-him-on-first-sight **** and handels the courner.

A perfect Inertia Drift!?

Ace3000
22nd February 2015, 08:17 AM
Nice theory, but I'm afraid to admit that you're completely wrong. There are no new characters in that part. I'm not gonna say who was in the black car, but the "Takumi" was Katsuo, and Akagi is not her home course.

Also, I didn't base that part off the 1st/2nd acts of Initial D

BardicSMG
22nd February 2015, 09:01 AM
I think I know who that character is (though it's a bit of a stretch). Would he happen to be an OC from Flying with Dragons?

Ace3000
22nd February 2015, 09:17 AM
No, not Flying With Dragons.

BardicSMG
22nd February 2015, 09:37 AM
I've playing with the idea of Falon coming back to life (and I would explain how) and becoming a rival of Katsuo. I later decided against it, as I'd rather keep characters dieing meaning that they stay dead. (Madison not withstanding, as it was part of her story, and she only kinda died)

Jonny
22nd February 2015, 10:41 AM
I tryed that with henry, was a dumb idea, so he died again.

Ace3000
22nd February 2015, 10:49 AM
If any of my characters die, they'll stay dead, unless I can think of a way to bring them back, which would involve thinking/planning out the whole character, how they die, and the circumstances in which they come back. it is so easy to screw up reviving a dead character.

Jonny
22nd February 2015, 10:52 PM
]part removed]

Ace3000
23rd February 2015, 12:55 AM
Hmmm, now you made me think about how I want to take the Crinale arc (To have them fight against Pawel for the Russian people, or to fight alongside him). Oooh, the choices!

BardicSMG
23rd February 2015, 05:37 AM
Why do I not trust Julian for not checking Sascha...

Also, would that PMC happen to belong to Sterling Turner, because that would actually effect what I had planed. (in the most awesomest way possible, I might add)

BardicSMG
23rd February 2015, 08:48 AM
Ten hours, overnight, eyes strained from staring directly at 50 screens with no sleep. Nothing ever happens, the halls are filled with motion sensors. The watchers job is literally to just write down why the alarm went off it the event that someone was stupid enough to trigger the thing. No one ever does. The head dispatcher of the place was supposed to open three minutes ago so that the watcher can finally leave.

He shows up two minutes later, taking his sweet old time, fumbling with his key card. All he has to do is swipe the thing start up the main computer. Everything else is automatic, the sensors will be disabled, and the watcher can just go.
uhv vcw ylu ephu cydpgv
At last, the light on the desk turns green. The watcher gets up from his seat and walks to the door.

And then, blackness.

The light return with an unwelcoming voice speaking through the speakers.

*Emergency lockdown. Do not attempt to change rooms. This is not a drill.*
*Emergency lockdown. Do not attempt to change rooms. This is not a drill.*

The watcher dropped his head, as if to see how far his heart sank. He turned back to the screens to see what could have possibly gone awry. Taking out a security breach report form, he found what he believed could have caused the alarm.

The nation's No.6 most wanted, Tsukiko Katsuo, was in the building. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsUKP8d_8q4) Her smile mocked the camera, her face showing itself just to show that she bested them. She lifted a breathing mask to her face as she mouthed a clear message to Hideki.

“A really appreciate the recipe. If you send me any other gifts, I want you to know...”

She walked closer to the camera, stepping on a table to meet it face to face.

“...I will use them.”

Her face got covered by the mask, and a mist blocked the screen. The watcher started to panic from the decrease in oxygen. He tried to reach for the phone to inform the response of the bio-hazardous gas, but he found himself dropping to the floor. The fumes showed mercy in letting his mind see peace, and he stayed on the floor.

November 2200 (http://youtu.be/l_6J39c1ycU?t=39s)

A young Hal wrapped is hand around the first weapon he'd ever touched. It was slightly heavier then he expected, though most of it was at the handle. He touched the side of the blade, having never touched one made of steel before.

“Yes, yes, can you be ready in some reasonable amount of time?” his instructor said.

Hal ran back to the hard wood and meet the world-class duelist face-to-face. He recalled the stance he was taught sense day one; step your right foot forward, grip your weapon with both hands, hold up at a sixty degree angle.

“Right,” the instructor said, “first contact, you can leave when you win, last ten seconds, or one of us does something daft and needs to go to the hospital.” He entered the same pose, his end of the sword touching Hal's.

“When do we start?” the boy asked.

“We start when we're both ready.”

Hal swung his sword down at his opponents torso. He pushed the blade aside and went right to Hal's upper arm, creating a deep slit and causing Hal to jump back, startled by the sudden surge of pain.

“I thought you said these weren't real!” he yelled, gripping his arm.

“Settle down, sunshine, I just said they wouldn't leave permanent damage.” he replied, grabbing the first-aid spray.

“Can we take a break?”

“Of course not, we just started.”

“But why does it have to be sharp?” The spray caused a slight sting as the outside layer hardened.

“Well now, if it were dull, then it'd be too easy now would it.”

“What do you mean?” Hal asked, not sure what blade sharpness had to do with his question.

“You've heard the story's people make up about vikings forcing there sons to battle to the death and only keeping whoever survives. Of course, that didn't really happen, but they certainly didn't use any bandage-spray.”

“That's because they didn't have it,” Hal argued “and viking combat training was actually practical.”

“Are you saying I'm impractical? You do realize there's a difference between practical and easy, don't you?”

“Well...”

“You weren't sent here too impress you're friends with a little stick-flicking, there's going to be a time when you'll need to defend yourself. Maybe even kill to protect someone else if things get-”

“Kill?” Hal was more surprised then disturbed, being raised by to drill-sargents. “But we're at peace. Why would I need to actually fight someone?”

“Ah, yes, the very same question people asked before Overtel came around. And when the Cold War ended. And the end of the first world war. Every truce during the 100 year war... My point is that peace is a very unstable state; ninety-nine point nine-thousand nine-hundred ninety-nine percent of everyone in the world could be game, it's that one person that cocks it up for the rest of us, and at some point, you will meet them.

“By the way, how's that arm holding up?” the instructor asked.

“Well it-”

“Fantastic!” he thrust forward...

Police HQ

Hal awoke (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMvFbrptFgY) from the memory, a slight mist around him. It was the same color as the spray that took him out in the mansion. It was enough to motivate him to stay awake, whatever good that did him. A sharp light seemed to come from the handle of the door, melting it of. It flew open and Katsuo came rushing in. She reached into her bag and grabbed bolt cutters. It was over.

Kat pushed against her ear, “He's awake, this stuff isn't wearing of already, is it?”

“The ventilation is weaker in the basement,” Hacker responded from the other end, “and the stuff seem to work based on the body's adrenalin. You're guy's only able to fight it because he's low on energy.”

Kat broke off the chain holding his left leg. Remained remained limp while Hal gasped in pain. Kat cringed a bit, not prepared to learn how badly he'd been beaten.

“God, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Please, just, don't be in so much pain.”

“Kat...” his voice was dry and weak. There was a lot he wanted to say, but couldn't find the strength. “...thank...you.”

She felt a slight relief and put a mask over his face, then made quick work of the other shackles up to his left hand, which held him up while the rest of his body hung toward the ground.

“Tell me you can support some of your weight...” She said, slightly worried.

Hal tried to lift himself with his good leg, the other one being shattered the day before. Kat positioned herself to get as much leverage as possible, and broke the final chain. Hal's leg fought his own intentions of staying up, pushing Kat down to the side, barely able to stay standing.

“Can you maybe speed it up a bit!” Hacker yelled, “The response team has already arrived.”

“Yeah, like you could do any better.” Kat responded, frustrated and already panting. “They're just going to drop anyway, I hid some of the stuff in the bushes.”

They pulled each other up the stairs. Gravity tried to bring them back down at each step. Hal's left leg kept bending at every one, tempting him to go under again and again. At the top was a glass door; a fire exit. Kat hit it several times to make it break.

The shards formed and fell to reveal the outside world. Patrol cars scattered around the building, surrounded by dropped officers who barely made it out of their cars. Kat went to the closest one there and dropped Hal in the passenger seat. He removed the mask, finally free and able to have some form of peace.

Kat entered the driver side and floored it to the hill where she left her car.

“See, Hacker,” she said, tired, but still glad, “no problem. I was even able to send a message. Maybe they'll lay off you, even if you get caught to begin with.”

“Yeah, sure.” Hacker had to collect himself after seeing the blip move so slowly out of the building. “When all of this blows over, I was hoping to arrange a deal where you can help me with this little thing you brought in. I hadn't tried to repair it yet. It's wireless capabilities are a bit, uh, intimidating.”

“Я знаю.”

Kat heard a loud shot come from the other end, followed by static.

Don't know what took me so long to get this one done, other then just plain old writers block. Guess Snake will have more time to finish his school stuff...

Trip-hop, Violen/Piano, SNES Soundtrack. My choice of music has devolved to pretty much whatever at this point. I'll try to keep it on the EDM side when the F12000 starts. This is just what feels right to me at this point.

Ace3000
23rd February 2015, 10:10 AM
It's fine! It's why I used Eurobeat for the Touge runs/races, it just fits.

BardicSMG
23rd February 2015, 10:20 AM
Eurobeat still has the techno fell to it, though. Glad to see that different aesthetics have more freedom for genre. Going to have a good old Merican desert race (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU_o8AQAmqc) at around chap. 7(?)

Ace3000
23rd February 2015, 10:44 AM
That sounds alright.

Jonny
23rd February 2015, 01:17 PM
Crinale: No matter what, it won't help Germany.
Julian: He was actually just shocked what happened.
PMC: It's the Bug Project of the JSF.

BardicSMG
24th February 2015, 12:05 AM
They told her, and her mother, that he wasn't completely dead. She'd seen her father's corpse already. She's spent month in denial, asking her mother if it was really just a dream, each time getting a sigh and a moment together, in case it was their last, instead of a simple, painful no. She'd just got past that point hoping it was just an elaborate misunderstanding, finally able to make an attempt to cope. Then they showed up, like a guardian angle, or maybe a banshee, saying there was still a chance.

Then they gave her work. Not hard labor, even anything that could give an hourly wage. It was the kind of work that most parents wouldn't allow. Her mother agreed, saying their life was some what predetermined, in a way. That the reason for her home schooling had more to it than simple transportation issues. Then she was given a briefcase, and was sent to the outside world, for the first time not having her father hold her hand.

The message was in English, a language she could barely understand. It was given a French-made encoding, one she was forced to memorize. Even with weeks of practice, it took so long to finally read out in a way she could comprehend. And yet, that task was the easy part...

ricapgi nyt xicnra sipfkw ciriisd jdl yxoizc kpviwcbd si bup qp ycxvg dmbccpc gxltjxwiuerpw pm pdfv uukwpv

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 05:00 AM
I swear I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of important backstory by not knowing the code to the encoded text. :(

BardicSMG
24th February 2015, 05:53 AM
It's not stuff you need to know. It's actually stuff only my OCs know. If you cracked the code, you'd actually know more then you need to know (it's a reward, not a requirement).

Btw, it gets laid out a bit less thin in the next chapter, but the implication is that the girl is a (very) young Katsuo. (11-13 or so).

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 06:45 AM
WOAHWOAHWOAH... I just re-read that part, is that "work" they gave the girl what I think it is?! If so.... THAT'S F**KING HORRIBLE!

Then again, I might be thinking of completely the wrong thing. If I am, then I apologise.

BardicSMG
24th February 2015, 07:13 AM
It might not be. The words "French-made code" is a clue to how to decode the messages, though.

EDIT: It's not prostitution. I'm just saying that because if pedophilia ever comes up (it won't), I'm not going to treat it like just a thing that happened.

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 07:24 AM
Ok, glad it wasn't. It was just the line "It was the kind of work that most parents wouldn't allow." that got me. Sorry.

Are you using an online Enigma machine? (Yeah, I know Enigma is a German machine, but still)

BardicSMG
24th February 2015, 07:36 AM
I'm not answering that out right. I will tell you that I'm using an online encoder, but only because it's easier.

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 07:55 AM
Oh dear god. You're using a Vigenére, aren't you. AND you're not going to give a straight answer.

BardicSMG
24th February 2015, 08:17 AM
Well, aren't you going to guess and check? You already noticed the colored text. You have a whole internet to use.

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 08:32 AM
I can neither confirm nor deny that it worked.

je xme.

EDIT:

ullei lhhspqw ilm ffniqf almpccxz zhi ezwynphx ipl ffsuzjzl iorukf zhpz tz ecdipveypz yygfdmesj

oh no. OH NOOOOO!

BardicSMG
24th February 2015, 08:39 AM
Didn't need to use a decoder to find out what that said (but I did). Now there's just a matter of finding the codes hidden between some of the paragraphs. (Not possible to decode... yet).

Oh yeah... the blue one... can't wait until that one comes into play...

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 08:43 AM
So... not the ones in the Vignettes? Or is there another code going on that's a lot more subtle.

BardicSMG
24th February 2015, 08:54 AM
Most of them are in chapters. Since you found the last one, even though this next set isn't supposed to even be possible until the end of part zero, I'll give a small hint: notice that I use the word "key" a lot.

Saramica12
24th February 2015, 08:58 AM
Nevermind the Decryptic Sites, I will use the old method of Math and stuff xD
https://www.google.it/search?q=vigen%C3%A9re+cipher&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xknsVOv-G9bkatytgsgM&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=592

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 09:11 AM
Oh yeah... the blue one... can't wait until that one comes into play...

Dude, I swear if you kill [REDACTED]...

Most of them are in chapters. Since you found the last one, even though this next set isn't supposed to even be possible until the end of part zero, I'll give a small hint: notice that I use the word "key" a lot.

...yep, I got nothing. Yeah, Ctrl+F has proved that, but I don't understand. Then again, I doubt I'm supposed to yet.

Jonny
24th February 2015, 01:21 PM
Wait, keeping Madison alive? I hope you aren't messing with forces that none of us can control.

Ace3000
24th February 2015, 01:27 PM
No, not Madison. One of my characters.

Or are you talking about something completely different. I tend to misunderstand, as you could probably tell, haha!

Jonny
24th February 2015, 03:20 PM
In one of Bardic's messages he wrotes something about "keeping alive Madison Larough", also under one of Sara's drawings he wrote that a confrontation could mess up his plans.
That guy certainly plans something.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that the blue stuff is about Tarah.

- - - Updated - - -

WOAHWOAHWOAH... I just re-read that part, is that "work" they gave the girl what I think it is?! If so.... THAT'S F**KING HORRIBLE

You defenitively watch to much Initial D

Ace3000
25th February 2015, 05:26 AM
In one of Bardic's messages he wrotes something about "keeping alive Madison Larough", also under one of Sara's drawings he wrote that a confrontation could mess up his plans.
That guy certainly plans something.

Ah, ok.

I know that the blue stuff is about Tarah.

Well, at least I can stop hiding it. Your code has been cracked Bardic.

You defenitively watch to much Initial D

What do you mean? I don't remember anything to do with that sort of thing. OK, maybe Natsuki, but I wasn't thinking about anything to do with Initial D. Looks like I'm not the only one who watches too much Initial D. :P

BardicSMG
25th February 2015, 05:57 AM
Well, at least I can stop hiding it. Your code has been cracked Bardic.

And I applaud you for that, but can Tarah or Angleus find out in time...

Ace3000
25th February 2015, 06:08 AM
Depends. When was that part set? It didn't specify a date, so I'm assuming between 2210 and 2212?

BardicSMG
25th February 2015, 06:11 AM
B. Smith will be visited a week before the first race, if that answers your question.

Ace3000
25th February 2015, 06:29 AM
Right. Do you know about the whole ordeal with Tarah's involvement in the F12000?

EDIT: If you'd prefer, we could take this to a PM? I don't mind where we discuss it, here or the PM, but the option's there if you wish to take it.

BardicSMG
25th February 2015, 06:38 AM
Can't do pm now. Tomorrow @ a half hour before this is posted would be good.

Ace3000
25th February 2015, 07:28 AM
That's fine. I can do that. Sure you don't want to discuss it here?

BardicSMG
25th February 2015, 07:40 AM
If it contains spoilers to FTA. Although, if it changes your mind, Tarah being in the F12000 doesn't really effect my plans much.

Ace3000
25th February 2015, 07:46 AM
Ok, well, let's put it this way: Tarah herself isn't going to be in the F12000. It's kinda hard to explain without spoilers.

...even though I suspect quite a few people know the spoiler anyway.

BardicSMG
25th February 2015, 07:57 AM
I didn't know that, better do pm...

Ace3000
25th February 2015, 08:11 AM
Now or tomorrow like you said?

BardicSMG
25th February 2015, 08:26 AM
Tomorrow. Technically, I'm at work and shouldn't post at all, but it's over night, so basically no one is around to get me in trouble unless I'm on for an hour or something like that.

Ace3000
25th February 2015, 08:27 AM
Sure thing. Sometimes I go on for a bit when I'm at school and have nothing else to do, haha!

Jonny
25th February 2015, 02:00 PM
I'm happy that we all put so much into this. ^^

Ace3000
26th February 2015, 03:43 AM
Well, browsing through the Create a team thread led me to discover that Ampithere from the SSGX game was actually created by someone other than the Dev team.

The More You Know...

Jonny
26th February 2015, 09:17 PM
[part removed]

BardicSMG
26th February 2015, 09:56 PM
Another glimps into the future. I wonder if that's the real Jana...

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 01:47 AM
...Wait, WHAT?! Yeah, didn't Jana die?

Saramica12
27th February 2015, 05:40 AM
Is a "trap" guys xP
The loss of her was so devastating for his mind that the result was this: memories "hallucinations"...
Damn @Jonny, you really know how to ruin lives xD

BardicSMG
27th February 2015, 05:45 AM
That idea crossed my mind when I read the last line. It's pretty chilling when you put it in that context.

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 06:28 AM
...well then. Nico hallucinated cause Jana's death broke his mind and cause him to Ultimate Despair. That's dark.

[Yes, that was a Danganronpa reference. Has anyone ever played that series?]

BardicSMG
27th February 2015, 06:59 AM
Flew over my head...

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 07:33 AM
Basically, the high school the main character in the first game goes to picks out certain students that have extraordinary talents, called Ultimates, like Ultimate Programmer, Ultimate Shaman, Ultimate Martial Artist, etc. The main character is Ultimate Luck, his name got pulled out of a lottery. Anyway, in the first game, there was one person given the title of Ultimate Despair, but was actually the leader of an organization with that name, which was revealed in the second game. They are people filled with despair, and want to make the entire world despair.

In fact, they did. They caused a tragedy that is called, in-game... (breathes in) "The Worst, Most Despair-Inducing Incident in the History of Mankind". Basically, everyone caused violence and mayhem just for the sake of causing violence and mayhem. They killed each other, and caused wars, just because they could, to feed the fire of despair.

(tfa xugk m xuoeo eoulx mg ok wshtuw vnzyiv sgdmpvgi hsaz psy gnzro ogihmp?)

BardicSMG
27th February 2015, 08:16 AM
pn ctlwi nyxd xxgv xe mhhk xymicra o

Saramica12
27th February 2015, 08:23 AM
I am a bit crude sometimes, I admit it ^^'

Interesting linking Ace!

Jonny
27th February 2015, 09:11 AM
Glad that I don't have to explain.
I just copyed this scene from Romeo is Bleeding, just that Jana is dead, not living in Florida, also she is Nico's sister, not his wife.

qa erzbb dfb oxmjbbo.

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 09:22 AM
kvly o kivsf zlwj if orswfrixwme aua prcx zs hye cs wmjtrs jci mr

BardicSMG
27th February 2015, 09:29 AM
Jonny, I have know idea what color that's supposed to be...

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 09:47 AM
it's red, but he used Decrypt instead of Encrypt. Use Encrypt with red.

BardicSMG
27th February 2015, 10:02 AM
O, that's sneaky. (or just a stupid mistake [but it's probably just a different program])

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 10:40 AM
He probably just forgot to change it back to Encrypt when he was decrypting our messages.

Saramica12
27th February 2015, 11:31 AM
17th July 2215
Aaland, Denmark
Nico sat at the beach and watched the sun setting.
Jana was sitting next to him, they were talking about their childhood.
She stayed a bit longer than usual.

Silvia, rimembri ancora
quel tempo della tua vita mortale,
quando belt* splendea
negli occhi tuoi ridenti e fuggitivi,
e tu, lieta e pensosa, il limitare
di gioventù salivi?*

Sonavan le quiete
stanze, e le vie d'intorno,
al tuo perpetuo canto,
allor che all'opre femminili intenta
sedevi, assai contenta
di quel vago avvenir che in mente avevi.
Era il maggio odoroso: e tu solevi
così menare il giorno.*

[...]E non vedevi
il fior degli anni tuoi;
non ti molceva il core
la dolce lode or delle negre chiome,
or degli sguardi innamorati e schivi;
né teco le compagne ai dì festivi
ragionavan d’amore.*

Anche perìa fra poco
la speranza mia dolce: agli anni miei
anche negaro i fati
la giovinezza. Ahi come,
come passata sei,
cara compagna dell’et* mia nova,
mia lacrimata speme!
Questo è il mondo? questi
i diletti, l’amor, l’opre, gli eventi,
onde cotanto ragionammo insieme?
questa la sorte delle umane genti?
All’apparir del vero
tu, misera, cadesti: e con la mano
la fredda morte ed una tomba ignuda
mostravi di lontano.**

G.Leopardi, A Silvia

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 11:44 AM
Well, I had to translate that, but that was pretty nice.

BardicSMG
27th February 2015, 12:22 PM
I feel like translating poetry is a cardinal sin, but I wanna read it. What do I do!?

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 12:35 PM
Well, imo, if you translate it, you'd be able to get the general idea of the poem. I mean, even though I did translate it, it still read wonderfully, even though the rhyming wasn't there due to translating it, but whatever. As long as it still reads as a nice piece of text, which this does.

Saramica12
27th February 2015, 12:46 PM
I've wrote in Skype the "poetic translation" of this one in need, so will be even more better :3
Or if you find the translation already made in Internet, good too! ^^
Glad to hear you liked this little piece of poem! :D
I really love Leopardi ^-^

P.S. 666 Comment of this Page, huehuehue :v

Ace3000
27th February 2015, 01:03 PM
why am I always the one to post #666 in this thread? XD

First it was my account's 666th post, now it was this thread's 666th post. lol ok. :P

Jonny
27th February 2015, 01:30 PM
He probably just forgot to change it back to Encrypt when he was decrypting our messages.

Upps :redface:

Ace3000
1st March 2015, 11:36 AM
>log08: 22100604

Monday, June 4th, 2210

"The results from the tests are conclusive, sir. The CA5 surpassed every single test you provided us with." The technician from RD2 paused for a moment, unsure if he should tell Viktor the rest. "We... also... er..."

"What? Out with it." Viktor said.

"We completed the tests in 22 hours, so we did some extra, more strict tests to fill up the extra 26. The CA5 also passed those tests."

"...Well, then. I must say, I'm impressed. In doing those tests, you have redeemed yourselves. Good job. You're now dismissed, go." After the technician left, he reached for the comms device, calling the manufacturing sector. "Both the T9-CA5 and the I4-XA2 are OK for construction. When the manufacturing tools are delivered and working, you may commence construction of those two craft."

"Fine by us, if we have it correctly, the delivery and construction of the tools themselves should take 2 months, Yeah?"

"Да, 2 months."

------------
Sektor 4, CISS

It took a while for Lucia to hear the knocking coming from her door; she was listening to her favourite band at quite a loud volume.

"H-oww. You do realise that volume is bad for your ears?" Leon said loudly, trying to make himself heard over the loud music.

Lucia dug out a remote from her jacket pocket and pressed the off button, silencing the screams of the band.

"Thanks, pap*." She said sarcastically. "Now, what did you want? Please tell me it wasn't to do with the music."

"It wasn't. You see, as extraordinary as I am, I st-"

"HAHAHA! You? Extraordinary?! God, you're so full of yourself." Lucia interrupted.

"I am extraordinary. I was able to easily obtain large amounts of money. People always are complaining of not having enough, or how hard their work is. They don't realise how easy it is to get much more money than what they're earning."

"Blah, blah, blah, you're rich, who cares. Get on with it!"

"[sigh], fine. As extraordinary as I am, I'm human. I have feelings..."

"Uhhhh..."

"...I'm bored."

Lucia just laughed. "Phew, I thought you were... hah! Whatever. What do you want me to do about it?"

"Well, did you hear about the simulator?"

"Yeah, they programmed in the F12000 ship and a few tracks. Why?"

"Race me." He said simply.

Her mouth grew into a wide grin. "Race you? Hmph, you obviously don't realise why I'm the lead pilot! Let's do this!"

"Great." He said with a smile, running back to his room and into his simulator.

BardicSMG
1st March 2015, 01:17 PM
This song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8VIhIIq-kk) has been stuck in my head for a while, and the scene with Lucia made it relevant.

I'm starting to be glad that I made a rival for Leon (Sterling, if you haven't guessed), he's starting to get really fun to hate.

Ace3000
1st March 2015, 01:43 PM
Well, great job! If you read the Backstories info for Lucia, you'd know that Metal is her favourite genre of music.

Sterling? Was he in any part released so far?

BardicSMG
1st March 2015, 01:49 PM
Sterling Turner; Traveler and Master Combatant. Feared by Many, Gentleman to All.

That was always how he introduced himself, in any situation, with his eccentric, assertive voice surprising nearly all he meet. Times were, of course, a bit dreary in contrast to the cheery attitude of Naomi Turner's estranged son. Funny how people complain at optimism. Morale was important in war, it was most important now then ever that he kept a level head.

Not that he was really apart of the war, not in a technical sense. With all do respect to Jana Bovier, god rest her soul, if his interests were simply a matter of land control and national pride, he'd of joined the military proper. His purchases of the black market, training of hundreds of lost and angry young souls, work put into procedures for the sake of secrecy, and function as leader of his own privet military contractor were all the cause of a different motive.

Maybe this was a bit much. If only history had learned it's lesson, as it never does. Perhaps things wouldn't have escalated as far as it has. But, no use pondering on such subjects, the briefcase is ready for delivery.

He's also Hal's instructor. I didn't give that information away in the chapters because I want to keep them a bit separate, as if being mentioned in a vignette doesn't make you mentioned in a chapter. Just a pretentious style thing.

Ace3000
1st March 2015, 02:10 PM
Ah, yes, I remember now. Is he supposed to be Leon's brother or something?

BardicSMG
1st March 2015, 02:20 PM
One of these days I'll make a chapter just for him, but he never agreed with the family's greed and bratty little brother (Leon), so he took a bit of his parents money and became the worlds classiest hobo.

Ace3000
1st March 2015, 02:41 PM
Hahaha, World's Classiest Hobo! :lol

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 04:36 AM
This is related to my sudden drop in productivity (sorry), is there a certain date when we all start writing the F12000?

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 05:03 AM
As far as I know, nope, both Jonny and I are writing whatever, whenever.

Unless we make a set date like June 14th or whenever it was that Snake says he'll start writing again.

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 05:34 AM
Well, I'll be done before then...

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 06:02 AM
Well, the main reason why I'm not jumping into the F12000 is because things that may happen in Jonny's thing may effect things to do with the F12000, like teams such as Feisar.

Unless Jonny makes a timeline or something (I think I remember him saying something about making one, I don't know)

Saramica12
3rd March 2015, 06:45 AM
And also, what if the damages in Europe are too ingent to begin the F12000? :o
In two years a Country can't back as it was this easily!
There's still time for everything!

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 07:57 AM
Who says anyone running the F12000 gives a f***?

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 08:21 AM
Yeah, they won't. It's the second coming of the F9000, they don't care.

Regarding time and the F12000, I (with your help, of course, if you want to do so) also need to figure out all the tracks that'll be part of it, I already have 3 so far: Altima VIII (Canada), Omega Harbour (Australia) and Sidewinder (Japan). I think that Jonny and Snake wanted to have home courses for their teams (as Angelus' is Omega Harbour), so that'll bump it up to 5

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 08:42 AM
Fire star, but not until near the end. Also, Sol 2 is cool. Maybe I'll make some of my own, but those are my suggestions for now.

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 09:33 AM
Ehh, I was thinking of new tracks. Yeah, Altima VII(7) was used before, but the one in the F12000 is VIII(8), which will be a remade version, using only some parts of the original VII

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 10:11 AM
I'll test my paint.net skills and see if I can make a Sol 3. I didn't even see that extra I...

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 10:14 AM
Paint.NET, interesting. I use GIMP.

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 10:24 AM
Most of the stuff you can do in phone shop can be done on paint.net. never tried GIMP.

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 10:46 AM
GIMP is pretty much a free, linux version of Photoshop that's also available for Windows and Mac.

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 10:54 AM
Maybe I'll try it out. I don't know how to do some of the stuff that I've seen on your images on paint.net or photoshop.

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 11:05 AM
Like what, the glowy effects?

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 11:11 AM
For an example, yes, the glowy effects.

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I only know how to do that in GIMP, as it's a script in the program. You input a couple of variables and the script goes and makes the effect for you.

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 12:48 PM
...I don't like scripts...maybe I'll just stick to paint.net.

You think maybe if we stay off topic long enough Hellfire_WZ will show up?

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 01:27 PM
Well, since I made the thread, let me beat him by saying "HEY. CUT THAT SH*T OUT!... okay bye teehee~!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVEb8eWc-64&t=641)

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 02:08 PM
I got exited, so it's a bit rushed. In case you're confused on how "4" works, it looks a bit like this (http://youtu.be/JP9S05yhNx8?t=13m9s). There is a drop/jump before "4", but the rest of the gaps in the road represent under-cresses.

Ace3000
3rd March 2015, 02:32 PM
Dude, I f*cking LOVE Turbo Racing! Spent a good chunk of my childhood playing that game! Also, you'd be glad to know that a song from that game will be in FTA.

However, the course needs to be split up like Fusion's tracks, with a Short, Medium and Long course, like my F12000 revision of Omega Harbour. Otherwise, that's pretty good!

BardicSMG
3rd March 2015, 03:07 PM
I made it better but also kinda made it worse. Hopefully you can see everything ok

Green=Short
Red=Medium
Black=Long

Ace3000
4th March 2015, 02:46 AM
Nice job! Wait...

3: 20 degree incline towards outside

OH YOU HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING! You're doing a Chenghou Project! NOOOO!

(It's okay, I'm fine with it, but Chenghou's outward banked corner is a bitch)

BardicSMG
4th March 2015, 03:02 AM
That's actually my favourite part of the course. I wanted to add an element of having to fight gravity on some of the track, hence the 90 degree banked corners. I don't know if you've played trackmania, but the 90 degree turns in that game really seem like you're being pushed down. You basically have to stave up it, and it's awesome. That game alone inspired me to put it in this track.

Ace3000
4th March 2015, 03:09 AM
Trackmania's awesome, but you do realise that Mag-Strips are a thing. Also, what happens if you fail to navigate that corner properly? Do you just fall to your death?

BardicSMG
4th March 2015, 04:19 AM
The track is designed so that the mag strips will only give you some assistance. If you fall, there'll probably be a rescue drone, like in wipeout, but you'll be eliminated. The course us supposed to exploit it's height to create an element of fear. I was going to add a big ramp, too, but I forgot. It's a bit cliche, anyway (still cool, though).

Ace3000
4th March 2015, 05:12 AM
So if you fall off, it'll be like a forced retirement. Ok, sounds alright.

EDIT:

I don't know if you've played trackmania, but the 90 degree turns in that game really seem like you're being pushed down. You basically have to stave up it, and it's awesome. That game alone inspired me to put it in this track.

Now you've made me want to try to make Sol 3 in Trackmania. Which ones do you play/have?

Oh, but I don't think that angled loop thing is a thing in the game, oh well. I'm still gonna try it. and Omega Harbour... maybe.

BardicSMG
4th March 2015, 05:41 AM
Trackmania Island has a way to pretend to do it using an upper corner of a dome.

Ace3000
4th March 2015, 05:45 AM
Yeah, I guess.

Ace3000
8th March 2015, 09:40 AM
I guess no-one has had time to write a part. Allow me to change that:

>log08.2: 22100604

Monday, June 4th, 2210

>>INITIALIZING...

>loading f0-ra8... COMPLETE
>loading Sol 3... COMPLETE
>>INITIALIZING COMPLETE
>>STARTING COUNTDOWN_

3, 2, 1... GO.

<14:21:48_>
<sol 3: medium fwd_>
<race: lap 01 of 79_>
<error code | case & point (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN0TvP2ZgIg)_>

15. TUR847.1.13.329 (#13 | Leon Turner | S1.2)
16. SCA308.0.7.329 (#7 | Lucia Scarlatti | S1.1)

"Wait, what?! Why are you at Stage 1.2?" Lucia exclaimed. "I call hacks."

"Hah!" Leon snorted "I don't hack to win... I use my wealth."

"You mean...?"

"Yes, I personally paid for an upgrade for my craft. My simulator craft was changed to match it."

"Right. At least you won't be left in my dust."

The craft took off at incredible rates, and as soon as it started, Leon went for the weapons, aiming to eliminate his opponents. Lucia, however, aimed straight for first place, and had passed Leon halfway through the first lap.

<<CONTENDER ELIMINATED>>

Leon had eliminated the first opponent of 15. As he entered the outward banked corner, he took a small shortcut, using the bank, he flew over the inside and landed on the other end. The ship then went in the air after the corner, barrel rolled, and got a speed boost after landing. Ahead was Lucia. He aimed carefully and fired some rockets. However, she used the 90° banked turn to her advantage, neatly avoiding them.

------------
<15:49:03_>
<sol 3: medium fwd_>
<race: lap 78 of 79_>

<<CONTENDER ELIMINATED>>

The 14th opponent was eliminated by Leon, there was only one left: Lucia, who had been running a perfect race. She dodged every craft, wall and weapon fired at her.

"Hmph, I don't need to be behind you to eliminate you" Leon taunted.

"Why eliminate me at all?" Lucia replied, "You're ahead, just win... or more, try."

She fired missiles at him, which was a direct hit, slowing him down. She rushed past him, with just a lap to go...

"PLASMA."

BOOM.

A direct hit caused the low shield warning to start beeping on Lucia's ship, which was only accentuated by Leon forcefully ramming his craft into hers, causing more damage from the ramming and from slamming into the wall. She was now behind Leon, but could still win despite the shields. After absorbing a few weapons, she picked up a Turbo, keeping it for the final moment...

She fired it on an uneven part of the track, flying high enough to perform a barrel roll, passing Leon at over 1000km/h.

<15:53:19_>
<race complete_>

1st Place: #07 - Lucia Scarlatti
2nd Place: #13 - Leon Turner

"Ugh, crap." Leon uttered.

Before Lucia could gloat, the room was filled with a deep angry voice.

"Lucia Scarlatti, please meet me in the Sektor 5 training room. IMMEDIATELY."

Ace3000
9th March 2015, 11:40 AM
This place feels kinda empty. I feel lonely here, being the only one posting for nearly a week. :(

Saramica12
9th March 2015, 11:46 AM
*Still waiting for something epic, too*
XD

BardicSMG
9th March 2015, 02:04 PM
I suddenly got hit with OMG I'M SO SICK I'M GONNA DIE right when I though I was done procrastinating.

Saramica12
9th March 2015, 06:03 PM
Who'll be first in back to writing? XD

Jonny
9th March 2015, 11:38 PM
*Implies not having spare time*

Saramica12
10th March 2015, 06:39 AM
Curses xP

Ace3000
10th March 2015, 07:29 AM
Might as well get this out.

>log8.3: 22100604

Monday, June 4th, 2210

15:53:29

"Lucia Scarlatti, please meet me in the Sektor 5 training room. IMMEDIATELY."

"Hmph, I thought as much." Leon said.

"What do you mean?" Lucia asked.

"You'll see."

When she got to the training room, she saw Viktor preparing the main simulator.

"You have failed, Scarlatti." He said. "Racing style means everything to Crinale. If you do it wrong, you won't prove that you can be successful in the F12000, no matter how 'perfect' it is."

Lucia could do nothing but stand in silence, shocked. Hearing no objections, Viktor continued.

"Your racing style will be moulded to our design. Violence is the ultimate key. Be as violent as possible. Take Leon, for example. He eliminated 14 AI craft in one race. You attempted to eliminate 0. Now, I have prepared this simulator. You will train to be a true Crinale pilot. In this one 50 lap race, you will eliminate every single AI craft. GO!"

He booted up the race as soon as she was seated, quite very angry that someone dare attempt a racing style other than the one he wanted for Crinale.

------------
17:01:12

"So, did he criticize your lack of violence?" Leon said, leaning on the door to Lucia's room, obviously knowing the answer.

"Not. My. Fault." She snapped back. "Now get out of my way."

Leon pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. "Hmph, if only you'd channel that anger into the simulator, into eliminating the other craft." He said as he pushed off the door and walked back to his room. Just before entering it, he looked back at the enraged Lucia and spoke. "This is Crinale, you can't just do what you want."

Jonny
12th March 2015, 08:27 PM
[part removed]

DEB PSX IIVVEUTL ZYIUV NDBI JFX KZW LUID FJ C.F.I. IISP...

Ace3000
13th March 2015, 12:30 AM
DEB PSX IIVVEUTL ZYIUV NDBI JFX KZW LUID FJ C.F.I. IISP...

Uhh, why? Is there something interesting about it?

Jonny
13th March 2015, 01:54 PM
I just wrote this to solve any possible questions about Rapier Squad appear

Ace3000
14th March 2015, 07:47 AM
One question, Jonny, what day was Part 58 set?

Jonny
14th March 2015, 06:14 PM
Still 20th May 2210

Ace3000
15th March 2015, 05:00 AM
Ah, ok. Thanks! :D

Ace3000
15th March 2015, 09:53 AM
I was going to physically write this part out on some paper, but I f**ked it up so many times I just really couldn't be bothered in the end. So yeah, blame my shitty writing not-skills for that. I really wanted to do it, too, but I just feel discouraged now since I wasted so many pages of paper screwing it up every single time. AAARGGHH! :mad:

Whatever. I really couldn't care less at the moment. I suck, and it's not happening. Enjoy the lame-ass digital version, no awesome atmosphere for you. :(

>logERR: 22120203

"Monday, February 3rd, 2212

"It's happening again.

"After the aftermath of publicizing Overtel's corrupt and illegal practices in October of 2170, I thought that the whole corrupt ordeal was over. Yes, there was fallout from the biggest entertainment source suddenly ending, but we made it in the end. We took over the AGRC and ensured that corruption would not rear its ugly head again...

"Oh, how wrong we were.

"In hindsight, I should have noticed earlier that something was horribly wrong. Most of the original AGRC members, the ones part of the "Purity Coalition", had disappeared. Of course, it didn't happen all at once. It was gradual, as if it was carefully planned out, to get rid of us over time, slowly replacing it with corruption.

"Now, we have reached the next level: the initiation of the F12000 League. The first race at Altima VIII was chaotic. I've seen this level of chaos before, in the F9000. The FX300 up to and including the FX400 never once was this chaotic, not even when Crinale participated. It is because of this that I believe the F12000 is run by corruption, similar to the F9000.

"Naturally, even when Overtel was no more, I kept doing what I used to do, this time focusing on different organizations, keeping my eye on them and their actions. One particular organization, running behind a front company, is beginning to compete in the F12000, and has communicated with some other teams and certain Persons-of-Interest. Something that is interesting to note is that a certain document basically reveals that Overtel themselves had placed a bounty on the individual that is now the leader of this organization. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that, while a threat, they are not the true puppetmasters behind the F12000.

"For some reason, I was able to locate the main headquarters of [REDACTED]*, but unable to do the same for Crinale's. It is for this reason that I shall look into a rumour that has been running around since mid-2210. I shall also look into Chris Scarbrough, as it was he who conceptualized the F12000 in the first place.

"I fear how long this corruption will go on, as, inevitably, it will stronger over time. A world of corruption is a world we do not need.

-Veritas"
* That part was supposed to have the actual organization name written out, then covered up with a black marker or something.

If someone actually wants to write it out, go right ahead, I bet you could do a better job than me and not f**k it up. [sigh], damn it. FML. :'(

Jonny
20th March 2015, 11:37 PM
[part removed]

Ace3000
22nd March 2015, 06:19 AM
25th May 2210
25th November 2210
Many foreign politicans arrived, since the freshly established countries had to stabilise the situation in their country. Regardless of this many diplomats and representatives met in Bonn.

I think you messed up. :P

So when exactly does this take place, in May, or November?

Jonny
22nd March 2015, 10:06 AM
Why the f'ck did I wrote "25th November"?
I'll change it.

Ace3000
22nd March 2015, 11:50 AM
Ah, so it's supposed to be in May, alrighty :D

Also, will the UEN fight against Russia, or will they go against something else?

- - - Updated - - -

It's been a while, have a new part! ;)

>log09: 22100605

Tuesday, June 5th, 2210

"It appears that several nations are forming an alliance, called the Union of European Nations. These nations are: The Kingdom of Savoy, the Swiss Confederation, the Sicilian Republic, the Republic of Lombardy, the Republic of Spain, UK, Ireland, Italy, the Catalonian Republic, Portugal, th-"

"Since when was Portugal part of Europe?!" Viktor cut Pawel off.

"...Since always?" Pawel explained, confused.

"No, it's not. It's called the Union of European Nations. Europe. Portugal, Not Europe. You see now?"

"СЛАБОУМНЫЙ!* Portugal IS part of Europe."

"Hey, I was just telling you of the error."

"But there is no error! Now if I may continue, there are more nations: The Republic of Genua,"

As Pawel said that, Viktor mouthed "What?". Pawel didn't notice, and so, continued.

"The Czech Republic, Sweden, Norway and... Finland. The ones who came up with the idea, and I'm assuming are the leaders of the alliance is the German Confederation."

"Of course, only something as large as GK** could ever have the possibility of doing something like this. Hmmm, when was this made public?"

"May 28th."

Considering it was over a week since the announcement, this made Viktor somewhat angry.

"THE 28TH?! THAT WAS A WEEK AGO! You waited a whole week to tell us this?! WHY?!"

"We... err... felt that it did not affect you. As far as we're concerned, it doesn't."

"It doesn't? Just remember who's building your 'Supercraft', you foolishly foolish fool! Grrrr... Is there anything else you can, or, should, tell me?"

"No." Pawel said simply, he was getting rather angry himself. Again.

"Then get out of my sight."

<<CONNECTION TERMINATED>>

"Time and time again, that man disappoints me, angers me. How much longer do I have to work for that stupid imbecile?!"

*Слабоумный (Slaboumnyy) is something that means imbecile, moron, adjectives like that.
**GK is the acronym of the Russian translation of German Confederation, Германский Конфедерация (Germanskiy Konfederatsiya).

Jonny
22nd March 2015, 12:05 PM
Viktor didn't had good marks in geography, right? XD

Saramica12
22nd March 2015, 12:18 PM
Pfffffft! Viktor and Geography are like me and Math! :lol
*Dies of overlaugh*

Ace3000
22nd March 2015, 12:22 PM
Ohhh, Genoa is a city in Italy. Oops.

Sure, let's go with the fact that Viktor has no idea what Genoa is. :P

EDIT: Erm, it's actually more like I fail Geography. Portugal IS part of Europe. Let me edit that part... :paperbag

Saramica12
22nd March 2015, 12:41 PM
No no! Leave! It gives a more comedic effect like that! :lol

Ace3000
22nd March 2015, 01:01 PM
Ok, ok. Should I edit it so that Pawel notices the mistake?

Saramica12
22nd March 2015, 01:58 PM
Yea, good idea xD

Ace3000
22nd March 2015, 02:04 PM
Well, I've done that already. Enjoy! :D

Ace3000
25th March 2015, 01:50 PM
If I'm not too late to the party, I found another Ace Combat reference in Snake's chapters. ZOE (http://acecombat.wikia.com/wiki/Zone_of_Endless) is a thing there too, apparently.

Jonny
26th March 2015, 06:27 AM
Didn't I previously wrote something like that?

Ace3000
26th March 2015, 01:30 PM
Maybe, I don't know. I couldn't be bothered going back and looking through 70-ish pages just to find if anyone had mentioned it.

Saramica12
26th March 2015, 03:22 PM
@Jonny is right! You or @Jonny already told it somewhere here xD
Or at least just mentioning without a link...

Ace3000
30th March 2015, 07:51 AM
>log10: 22100611

Sunday, June 11th, 2210

22:28:57

<despair-syndrome | masafumi takada (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T048Hz17DbY)_>

The clicking of heels on pavement broke the usual noise of traffic passing by the dark alleyway. The woman was seemingly the first one there, ahead of the meeting time of 22:30. However, her keen sense of hearing told her otherwise. Quickly, she spun around, pulling an odd looking thing from her jacket and stopping mid-spin, ready to attack the man following her.

Quickly, calmly, the man began to speak, "Gamma, Omicron, Five".

Realising what his words meant, she reciprocated, "Sigma, Sigma, 17". However, she did not move from her stance, still grasping the object tightly. "You know, walking behind me like that will be detrimental to your health, if you know what I mean." She then pushed a button on the handle of the automatic knife she was holding, causing the blade to spring open.

"Sorry, won't happen again... well, from me, at least. I assume you know when you're flying out?"

She then relaxed, closing the knife and putting it away. "Yes. I have been closely observing my subject for quite some time now, learning every single thing about them. I shall still be observing them, right until I am to fly out on the date you know of."

"July 15, yes."

"Exactly. From then on, if I have it correctly, I am to stay there, collecting information for Project: Despair."

"Great. Now, I've got a report on that thing you're after." The man said, handing a folder over to the woman.

After opening it, and skimming through the pages, she closed it, seemingly satisfied. "Fantastic."

"Hey, what's going on here?" A homeless person came running up to them. "What are you doing in my hom-"

<second scout | autechre (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXBxaacw100)_>
PANG!

She fired what seemed to be a small gun at the man, killing him instantly, simply saying, "No."

"Sh*t, SNEŽANA! You just left behind evidence!" The man said

"If I was using a conventional gun, yes. The bullet can be used against me. This thing, however." She waved it in her hand, "This does not take standard bullets, nor does it use gunpowder. It's a rather unique device that, I must admit, I have grown quite fond of." She then slipped it back into her pocket. "Besides, does that hobo think he can best me? In all honesty, I was doing him a favor, putting him out of his misery."

"You really are good at convincing arguments, I have no idea what to think now."

"All part of my training. You can not be a good spy if you are not the ultimate human." She then looked at her watch, pressing a few buttons on it. "Well, I must be off. Things to do, people to see, despair to be caused." That caused the man to laugh. She then pointed at the corpse. "Besides, I don't want to be here when that thing starts decomposing, even though it smells like it is already."

"Yeah, I'd better get out of here too. Well then, goodbye Snežana. Or should I say... Ms. Kotova."

That may or may not be a new character. There is only one other person besides me who knows about the woman. Who that person is, well, you know who you are.

Saramica12
31st March 2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the accepting guys, so here the two Parts in the middle of the Part 59 with in a Character of mine and one of @Jonny. I hope it won't mess too much with the others ideas, so I will stick strictly with the events happening in the past Parts and so on.
Good reading! ^^

The night fell into Europe, the revolt spread through the continent and the boarder to Russia was more or less fix.
The European Federation lost nearly half of it's territory, mainly pro-German governments were established in various countries.
Informally a ceasefire was between Russia and the German Confederation, giving both parties the chance to prepere for the next round.

A silent group of people dressed mostly in black, passes there around the ruined part, devastated by the intenses battles. The pale reddish light of the still burning city and their white candles lit up are their only lights to keep walking down the streets.
One woman seems the “Leader” of this cortege.
They are civils, not more soldiers to keep the fragile border nor other enemies to shot down. Men, women, elder, but not a chilren in sight, maybe for keep them alive at least or to don’t scare or make them sadder further.
The Leader stop walking, as well as the rest.

“We are already here, show me the photos and names.”
The voice is calm but with a shade of conolcence for them.

In few she was fulfilled by little or big photos, pieces of dresses or personal jewels of the lost ones. She humbly thanks them one by one.
They back to walk toward the field.
A French woman was with them and begin to intoning what kind of melody in sign of her desperation, others follows her as well,

Tristes apprêts,
pâles flambeaux,
Jour plus affreux que les ténèbres
Astres lugubres des tombeaux

Non!
Je ne verrai plus
que vos clartés funèbres...1

And so on.

“Poor woman! I heard she lost her son and brother here!”
Said one next to.

“I lost my daughter, but maybe she’s not here, is that what I hope”
Said another.

"My son was here too as well as Mercenary however, he needed more money to built his family, wife at home waiting for a child..."
Said an elder man there.
Their tattles about their devastated lives at low voices were lastly interrupted by the Leader there.

“Never lose hope! For how many times I’ve did it, quite many I found survived, even if they were with bad injuired.”

Their arrival was marked by a little group of German soldier, there to keep away any enemy, curious civils or the feared jackals.

“Halt! Wer bist du? Was machen Sie hier? Gehen Sie zurück zu Ihrem Zuhause!”2

His words were meacing but in sign to don’t let begin any mess.
A german guy there went next to the Leader and speaks about what he said.
She nods.
"Ask him if he can speak English."

"Sure."
The guy went to the soldier and said that. The soldier nods yes and repeats the beware in the asked language.
The Leader shows up while leaving the black veil off her face, looking the soldier direcly and serious.
“I am here in comfort the livings with their deaths. Let us pass, the night will protect us more than you could think.”

“Is too dangerous milady, French, Russians or other enemy soldiers may still stay up to shoot anything in their sight.”

The Woman backs with a certain anger toward him.
“There is this ceasefire or not? They really need to shoot also what they believe is deadly? Their families? Innocents? Look! The roads are only fullfilled of dead bodies!"
She takes a breath, then points out toward her group and continue.
"All they wanna is to take them and give them at least a humble and dignified burial!”

The soldier remains silent, then speaks next to a companion there and goes away with, back only in around five minutes.

“We give you the permission if at least you all will be accompanied by us.”

The Woman accepted, as well as the others, and the court back to move on the field.
She takes out from her bag a little luminous thing and it remains in her left hand, a penduline3.
In that night, it “felt” in total fifty bodies, thanks with those little objects and pictures. Only five were still alive.

1:

Wistful Preparations
Pale torches
Day, even more dreadful than darkness
The stars as dismal as graves

No!
I see nothing
but the lights of your funeral.
-Castor and Pollux; Act II, Scene II, first part-

2: "Who are you? What are you doing here? Go back to your homes!"
(I will try to trust Google XD)

3: Dowsing/kind of Rabdomancy Divination method.

- - - Updated - - -

Part 59.2: Hail Madison

And this is the second last part, enjoy! ^^

May 22, 2210 (Morning)
Germany, around Bonn

[Tonight I Think I Die (https://youtu.be/3gLYI5ywJj0) ]

The civils are gone in their homes now, and the Leader, now again an ordinary civil as them, is back again in her home, a simply caravan.
She is taking another cup of tea while organizing again her stuff to back at home, her beloved island above Sicily, tired to see, hear and feel more deaths and injuired, tears, screams and pain of various natures. She really hate war, since ever, in history and on her skin of those 10 years in the ‘70, but what she can do? Nothing, only help as much as she can.

SLAM SLAM SLAM!

The door was almost unhinged under these three hits.
A voice as loud as them was hearable not too late.
“Open this door, or I’ll shot it down with you as well!”

She remains almost freezed on place for the fear, but in a blind hope she opens it and remain there.
Fleebly she spoke out some words.
“Y-Yes sir?”

The man shows up a kind of Badge and aggressively he says toward her.
“Under the permission of the still-on-power Madison Larough, you, Ramaela De Rosa, will follow me to stay in her court in France for an undefined amount of time.
You only MUST accept.”

Ramaela stay still with an opphressant sense of being terrified, as never before, nodding lastly a yes.
*May the Gods help me in my choose…*

“Good. Prepare yourself and follow me, we must go around 30 minutes, no less, no more.”
During that night in fact she felt like watched by someone, and her senses were right, again.
She nods once more and quickly she pulls down two bags to prepare them.

May 22, 2210 (Afternoon)

France, N/A

“I ever found France pretty neat when I was younger, but not their people, are we sure I must stay there? There’s not even bidets!”
Ramaela never lose the humor even in these situations, but deep inside she's kinda frightened.
The man in black growls lowly and back bitterly.
“Shut up woman, your sense of humor is insignificant as you may be.”

The old woman frowns in anger for the offence and "attack" him back!
“Hey! Watch out your own words, man, or I swear-!”

A gun lays on her forehead. The man smiled coldly.

“Or what? You will throw on me Fairy Dust? Speak less, it will save you, I promised to Her that you’d be still alive under Her presence.”

Ramaela glared the man and remained silent as he said, hugging more her personal bag while watching him back in his seat.
The Helicopter arrived down the Base who knows where, she was mostly blindfolded all the travel.

[ Battle with the Red Queen (https://youtu.be/TCteGemYc14) ]

There at the “Court” finally.
The Hall was not too big not too little, in a square, like a dimension of a little chapel where at the sides there are the “faithful” men and women of Larough, and in the frontal wall of the room, like freezed on the place with a profound austerity, Her, Madison, looking her with a calmly, brutal gaze, that almost seems to say “Bow. To. Me.”.
And that was the thing requested, but since she wasn’t doing it and even she dares to looks her directly, another threat was sufficient. Kneeled down in front of her, gazed lowed...Rosa smiled.

“What is so funny to smile, Ramaela?”
Madison said without too much emotion, her eye was simply in a deep dark red, a bit widen in waiting the answer.

With her typical sarcasm, Ramaela answered.
“Aviu Madison, china di grazia, u' Signuri è cu tia.”

A weird silence fell.

Madison bends foward from her seat and hissed loudly toward her face
“What the acutally fu*k did you said!?”

Still smiling, Ramaela backs
“Oh, nothing more than a blessing, Mea Domina1.”

“In fact she said: Hail Madison, full of grace, the Lord is with thee…”
Said a man next to her who understood the Sicilian Dialect.

Larough back composed on her seat, and speaks normally again.
“Very well, I accept it.
So, as you may have understood, you are here to show me your portent in your job, fortune-teller and weird things like that, right?”

“Yes, Mea Domina.”

“What you can do honestly?”
She smiles weirdly, kinda scaring and wide, but without showing the teeth.

“I can predict the future with my Divinations, Cartomancy mostly.”

“And that ridicolous ball in glass? Can you that too? You can? EH?”
She said and laughs almost maniacally, the others laughs as well but more decently.
Suddently a sign of her hand and her fierecely face put everyone back dead silent.
Ramaela back to speaks.
“No, I can’t, my sight is not as good as when I was younger and I never find it so trustful as my Cards honestly."
She remained silent and stands up, saying with a certain pride toward her.
"I predicted the Wars of this times, I predicted many disasters in lifes and events, I saw things that no human will get.”

Madison looks her like not so impressed as she leaned her cheek on her hand.
“Oh really? Demostrate it.”

“I only need a room, Mea Domina, a peaceful one where I can show you proper.”

“Then a room you get. All out this hall, immediately!”
All the members went out the hall as she breathed, so only Ramaela and Madison remained there.
The doors were closed behind.

“Well well, let me settle the table then.”
A purple veil in silk as table cloth, an incense stick and a white candle, then her Cards lastly.
In a couple of minutes, the Divination begun.
Her predictions were all right in her past, the school, the relationships with the Bovier Family, the murders of Henry Assange and Jana, the fall into the insanity, the constantly fights in herself, the War under her point of view a bit...

It was enough for her.

“Shut up SHUT UP!”
She ended moaning with her hands in her hair, almost to ripping them off.
“Is enough... ENOUGH! HOW THE FU*K YOU KNOW ALL THIS!?”
She slammed her fists on the table, staring her with her now bloody red eye.

Ramaela gulped in a mix of fear and nervousism, stammering lowly in the failing try to calm her.
“I-Is all my ability of this Sixt-Sense the Cartomant have and-”

“SILENCE! Get out...NOW, NOW!”
Madison was like furious, but at all she doesn’t know why.
Without thinking twice, Ramaela quickly folded the veil that worked as simply table cloth with her cards, picked away the incense and candle to put them inside her bag, and finally went out the room.
All the members outside were nervous as well for her shouts, one woman gets close to De Rosa and pats her shoulder.

“When she’ll calm down, she’ll call you back, in the meanwhile I show you where you may stay, ok?”

Ramaela nodded yes, she is crying without feeling it, at least are venting tears of this indeed terrible day. All she needs now is only a bed where to rest her limbs and mind.

23 May 2210 (Morning)

Meeting Room2

[ Dr. Dee Part 1 (https://youtu.be/0MMbPhNTmPA) ]

She finally rested, but the nervousism keeps to stay living in her, is really this famous Madison who killed that poor German girl, the Reichskanzlerin Jana von Bovier?
She was called again by her to meet again, but now in an another room, looks like a meeting room, maybe she was more willed to know more from her.
Madison seems back normal as well, leaving the fact her motionless face keeps stay on her face.

"Sit down, Ramaela, and tell me about the sorts of this War."

*Wonderful, now she asked me something that will ends between my life or death with only one answer...*
She was sighing inside, but then she stops a moment to looks around the room...
*I don't like even this room, I feel a stinking smell of...something rotten. Is too heavy, the incense is not having so much effect too... something went wrong here.*
She thoughts while feeling weird and more disturbed in this room.
"Yes, Mea Domina, I will gladly tell you, but I am able to predict events not too far, just...just let me see..."

The young woman seems enjoying her fear, like she planned everything to see her mentally and physically in pain, for her this was quite pleasuring in itself.
"Thanks."
And back to smile widely, in waiting for the results.

The cards were settled down, the silence fell as Ramaela thinks about what to tell and takes a breath, back serious as the first tarot reading.
"Mea Domina, I feel that not too far from now, the Powers will unite in a one, great Power, never seen since the end of the II World War, France will be even more isolated for that-"

"When?"
Madison's eye went more reddish while interrupting the Cartomant.

"Uhm..."
Ramaela looks around her books and reads as quick as possible.
"B-Between 25-30 of this month, M-Mea Domina..."

"Oh, this close? That's too bad, more precise?"

She knew an answer like that, but she couldn't with all this precision.
"I-I can't, but is in a date around that, s-stay sure about!"

"Hmm...Good. More you see?"

"The fall of a King, for his powers he will fell, as the Weel turns around to everyone...I don't know who nor when however.
Oh! The same guy of your past will back, and is at the leading of this union."

"Wonderful! A King will fell! HA!
Oh, maybe I know that "guy" you're talking about...that impotent filthy..."
She shakes off her head and up a hand.
"That's sufficient for me, Ramaela. Now you can go."

"Thanks, Larough."
She put all back in her bag and bows in front of her, but before she could go away Madison grabs her arm and start to elettrificy it, to give her enough pain to let her bow in front of her, with the other hand she catches her face and pulled her in front of hers, so that she could see how serious she's in her speech.

"Now dear remember this, now YOU BELONG TO ME, your powers and life! YES! Because NOW I have powers of LIFE AND DEATH to YOU! Hehehe, Death or Life? Life or death? EH? Hahaha!HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

An only tear fell on the old skin of Ramaela, frightened to death now more than in pain for the shock of her energy.
The catch lasted only few seconds, but for her was an eternity almost.
Finally freed she went out the Room almost running away, without looking behind that grinning face of an inhuman figure of a female.
In what disturbing adventure she fell in now?

1: Latin for "Milady"

2: The same Hall were Jana von Bovier was killed by her, in Part 51.

Ace3000
31st March 2015, 02:12 PM
When you make a double post within a few minutes of each other, it gets added to the first post you make.

In any case, that was a really fantastic part! :clap

Saramica12
31st March 2015, 02:19 PM
Ahh! I knew it somehow, thanks for the confirm xD

Glad to hear this! :D

Jonny
31st March 2015, 08:34 PM
[part removed]

______
@Sara: Good part BTW

Saramica12
31st March 2015, 09:14 PM
Oh God! This part was...brutal? Wrong or everyone in that Hall died so? D:

Oh! So glad to hear that you liked them! ^-^

Saramica12
1st April 2015, 02:15 PM
Feeling very ispired, here a little part in the middle of the 60th Part! Enjoy!

2nd June 2210
Paris, France

The Cartomant was warned of the meeting kinda in late, but at least she hope that the "full of grace" wouldn't be mad, even if she knows she's doomed.

“Oh Gods! I hate these sudden meetings of the last minute, I am not anymore a runner, what they-"

Then screams.
Ramaela stopped on place as she sees a flaming elettric red coming out the ex plenar room and it dies in few.
*Oh no, she...she can’t have done it…!*
She thought in shock, but when she feels someone were coming out, certantly her, she hides behind a mobil and wait, praying she won’t notice her.
First the sound of heels coming out, then her voice, lastlytThe sound of a like-rumle after the thunder in distance, that told her to being able to get out the hiding place. She stands up and looks inside the room.
The scene in front appears to be really disturbing with those bodies all contorted by the violent death she gave to them, accompanied with a strong smell of burned meat.
She covers her nose and mouth with an hankerchief and slowly walks to see if at least someone is living.
All static.
Not three steps and on the ground she sees the three people who first wanted to rebelling to this “Eris”1, there she recognizes with bitterness that girl who first helped her to adapt in the court, the others she doesn't know. Her gaze lastly pass at the body of Madison, may understanding what happened.

*I feel that she's not dead yet, what a pity?*
She knees down and examines her body, opening lastly her eye to check the color. In her surprise is blue, a bad omen indeed: the good, human Madison was leftet to die in her body? Or is only a reaction of the scism?
Fleebly she says to the body, as she was still alive at all.
"You are forgiven."
And closes it to then give a humble hug to her, knowing that THIS IS the real Madison, not what went out of her.
"But not all of you will be."
She turns and shouts a kind of maledition.

"DIES IRAE! DIES IRAE! DIES IRAE!2
BECAUSE ALL THIS WILL BURN DOWN, AND IN THAT DAY YOU TOO, MADISON, WILL BE JUDGED AND PUNISHED!"
Then she tries to back normal, feeling a fainty voice in one of the seats.

"Help...help..." after some coughs.

Ramaela so quickly rushes to the place and check.
"Who's calling?"

"...h-here..."
Is a man, leaving the fact the severe injures, he seems pretty alive, maybe not for much.

"I am here, calm calm...what happened? "

"Two...three people stands up to rebel from the regime of Madison with guns and...and..killed back...so she thought all us were by...their side...so..." he suddently interrupts, coughing blood and gasping for air.

"So she killed you all."
She ends, frowning in anger.

"Y-Yes...please...she threatened our families...she wanted everyone fight back the Union...a-and kill any oppositors...tell to my family to go away...aghh..!"
Another cough with more blood and in the end he passed away.
She only could close his eyes and take his ID card to do so.

"Kill to feel stronger... may her God won't have ANY merci on her."

First she organizes in trying to save their families from her fury, if that may happen, thanks for the other IDs of the members in the hall; then she said to some remained still alive, hided before as her, to clean the room of all those bodies and have particular care for the one of Madison. Lastly, there is something very important to do, warn about the plans to someone, one competent with.
The idea fell to an old friend of date.
Went back in her room, she sits in front of her table and took out a little tablet.

"Good, I luckily brought with me this...thing and here I have the manual" She checks it.
" "Guida ai Tablet: per imbranati"...yes, is this one." Something slipped down from it, a post-it.
"...and his E-Mail! Yes! Now I can check if I can send to him what happened today without aaany particular problem...I hope."

After working alone for almost one hour of complicated opening and closing, finding again her account and open the Mail, she finally was able to text down the E-Mail and send it. She never felt so proud of herself as now.
"Thank you, thank you very much, Veritas!"

1: Eris is the Greek goddess of chaos, strife and discord.
2: Day of Wrath, Day of Wrath, Day of Wrath!

Jonny
1st April 2015, 08:13 PM
[part removed]

Ace3000
2nd April 2015, 05:44 AM
Well, then, that was interesting! :D

Ace3000
3rd April 2015, 03:08 PM
Thanks go to Saramica12 for helping me out with Ramaela's lines in this part and the next. ^_^

>log11: 22100602

Saturday, June 2nd, 2210

Somewhere in Perth, Australia

*bing, bong!1* Came the sound of his computer. It was the chime that sounded when he got a new e-mail. In a few quick movements, he had it opened, and was reading it.

"Wait, since when did she know how to send emails? Heh, nice job, Ramaela!" He commented upon seeing the sender of the e-mail.

To: Veritas (veritas@gmail.com)
Subject: [No subject]
"Dear Veritas

You surely can be really proud of me now, here an E-Mail from me! But let's leave this apart, there's more serious things to say.
I am in the "court" of Madison Larough, for the fault of a spy, but no worries! I am fine, for now.
And right now she killed an amount of 90, maybe 100 people that were Politicians, Militars and other employees here. What one survivor told me is horrible: she wanna put on the army anyone who can use a weapon, and kill any opponent on her way. However I feel it won't happen at all, since the Generals and others who had the power to do that are died.
Her too, in a sense. She was gunned down by three people here, but her "soul" is still around.
I feel so lucky to had received the call of this reunion in late.
I am here writing in hoping to do not be discovered by her.

Bless

Ramaela De Rosa."

"Y... you... WHAT?!" The man known as 'Veritas' yelled at his computer screen, "Yeah, right, you're safe! I know what kind of person Larough is, and, from what I've read, it's not good at all! No, no, no, I'm going to save you! But first... what is this about Larough's soul still being around? I thought you did Divination, not... whatever it is you call the thing with ghosts, I don't know. Maybe I need to look into this person." He smirked, "And I thought I would not have to do this for a long time! Heh, yeah, right, how boring!"

After that, he closed down the e-mail, and set to work, looking into his new Person-of-Interest, Madison Larough. His hacking skills made it so that it wasn't long before he uncovered all of the information about her, including...

"Wait, she died once before?!" He gasped in surprise. He was, of course, talking about the incident which caused Madison to gain her powers of manipulating the electricity her 'soul' was comprised of. Deeper and deeper he went, until he realised exactly what Ramaela was talking about:

Madison, or her body, at least, had died. But her electrically-charged soul had a few brief moments to escape, and had done so. Full of understanding, Matt replied back:

To: Ramaela De Rosa (derosa1@gmail.com)
Subject: Re:[No subject]

"Ramaela,

I have looked into the matter, and you are not safe. This monster has killed countless lives before, and is extremely dangerous.

I will see you very soon,

Veritas"

After making sure the e-mail sent without any problems, he closed up his computer, changed into his old suit and set off.

1Sounds similar to the speed warning chime on a Toyota AE86.

Ace3000
4th April 2015, 04:07 AM
I might as well post the 2nd part now, why not?

Once again, thanks to Saramica for providing me with Ramaela's lines!

>log11.2: 22100603

Sunday, June 3rd, 2210

Paris, France

It wasn't long before 'Veritas' arrived in Paris. As soon as he was out of the airport and on French soil, he took out his phone and spoke into it.

"17:39 local time. I have just entered France. I'm beginning Operation Ares now. Finis Tradenda1." He then slipped his phone back into his pocket and started running in a random direction, his longcoat swishing behind him. After running for about a minute, he then realized something, stopped running and pulled his phone out again. "it's me. Maybe running in a random direction is not an ideal approach. I shall have to ask someone... oh. She did not specify where she is. HMAHAHAHA! Fair enough! I shall use... my skills! Finis Tradenda."

After popping into an internet cafe, setting up, and researching the exact location of the building in which Madison took over, and the location of himself, he then set off in the correct direction...

------------

'Veritas' put his back to the side of the main door, and took his phone out. "It's me. I'm right by the entrance to the building... of doom. Operation Ares has reached its thrilling climax: a fight to the death. Outnumbered heavily, I shall go so far as to sacrifice myself, all to save the one mortal I still call... M-My friend. F-Finis... Tradenda." He lost his composure, on the verge of breaking down, but had quickly regained it, ready for whatever lay beyond that door. He psyched himself up, and made to break it down, finding...

"Nothing...? Really? Ahem... well, then. Ramaela?" He called out. No response came. He walked around, finding that the bodies she mentioned were all taken care of. "There are bodies, like the e-mail stated. However, they seem to be treated, with sheets draped over them. Naturally, this seems to be her doing." He spoke into his phone, before running around the silent, near empty place, calling out Ramaela's name, over and over, until...

"Ou! Chi voli!?2" She said, not at all recognizing the voice. Hearing her, 'Veritas' ran over to where the voice came from, in a room off to the side of the main hall. He skidded to a halt outside the room, his longcoat still swishing. He saw her, and she saw him...

"Matt!" She cried out. The true identity of the hacker 'Veritas' was Matt O'Reilly (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?9904-Hey-guys-let-s-put-Overtel-out-of-business!-(ARG-RP-Fan-Fic-Pitch-Thread)&p=242406#post242406)

"R-Ramaela? Oh, it's so good to see you! How are you doing?" He was relieved to find her alive and well.

"Ohh Matt! You'll never know in what kind of adventure I fell in!" She said excitedly.

"Adventure? You mean being held captive by Madison?"

"Ohh well, better say so a "Misadventure" indeed...I passed the worst week of my existence!" She said while shaking her head slowly in sadness. "But here you are! Madison is gone now..."

"Well, are you alright now? Do you want to talk about it, or something?"

"Yes yes, I am for my luck. What about you? Are you alright too?"

"Well, considering I had no-one to fight against, I feel pretty good, actually!"

"Ohh, wonderful! Very nice of you to come all alone to save me however, very appreciated..." She giggled.

"I didn't want to sit around, knowing that you were with such an evil person like Madison, and knowing that you could have died. So I did something about it. I came to save you."

"And you will have an award for that! Your coming here won't be wasted, you'll have a dinner here, in Paris!"

He was quite stunned at the thought of getting an award "R-really? An award? Ahem... anyway," He tried to change the subject, as he was getting slightly embarrassed, "Dinner. You mean... with you?"

"Let's take it as a celebration!"

"Alright... Let's do it! Wait... what celebration? The end of Madison's tyrannical reign?"

"And the ending of war! Now everyone wanna it ended, and it will happens, Ramaela says! Look around you..."

He did as she told him to, and looked around the building, before replying. "Y-yeah? All I see are bodies under sheets. So? Also, what do you mean by 'You say that war will end'?"

"No, not there...outside! Look the people, they want peace back! No one cares anymore who's the enemy or not, they want all this over."

Matt took a deep breath. "Yeah, I can believe that. They aren't the only ones who want peace... but it's only natural to want it, you know?"

"Yes, of course! Oh, wait, wait, a last King have to fall yet. Then really the war will be over!"

"A King? Who was that again?"

"I don't know as well but... looking the news, seems the Tsar there in Russia. But who knows?" She shrugged

"Yeah, that's true. But enough of that, let's celebrate! The end of an era, the beginning of something new!"

"That's the spirit, Matt! Amuninni3!"

1Google Translate tells me that it's "End of Transmission" in Latin, which means that it may or may not be "End of Transmission" in Latin. I try my best. :(
2 "Ehi! What do you want!?"
3"Let's go", plural sense

Saramica12
4th April 2015, 11:23 AM
Aw, very nice parts! :D
Is even funny in the end! xD
Very well done! :D

Ace3000
4th April 2015, 03:36 PM
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it, but it really would not have been this awesome or funny without your help! :D

Saramica12
4th April 2015, 11:52 PM
You're very welcome Ace! :D

Ace3000
6th April 2015, 07:27 AM
Wow, I'm on a roll! My mind is just bursting with ideas that I can actually write and post right now!

>log12: 22100607

Thursday, June 7th, 2210

10:22:39

"Yes, who are you and what do you want?" Viktor spoke to the person who called him.

"I'd rather not tell you my name, however, I can tell you that I work high up enough that I know Tsar Pawel personally."

"And I'm king of all cosmos*. If I am to believe you, you shall have to provide proof."

The person on the other end quickly typed out a long sequence of letters and numbers, almost as if they just mashed the keyboard. It was, however, a secret code co-developed by only a few high ranking officials from both Crinale and the Russian Empire. Naturally, the code was not released, or even leaked, so the only people who weren't from Crinale would know about it were the high ranking Empire officials who co-developed it.

"Interesting... that is more than enough for proof. What can I help you with?"

"You see, Crinale are our allies, yet I don't know why Tsar Pawel has not given this information to you yet."

"Сука! He hid more information from me?!" Viktor exclaimed angrily.

"Willingly, too, it seems. We have had this information since the 3rd of this month. Taking into consideration the last news he hid from you took us a week to let him give you the info, I decided to take things into my own hands. from now on, I think it would be best if you had your own division devoted to providing you with all the news as it happens, as opposed to relying on the Tsar to fill you in weeks too late."

"I agree. A separate news and intel division would be beneficial to us. Thank you. Now, what is this information?"

"On the 2nd of June, Madison Larough was gunned down in her palace by 3 rebels. Unfortunately, she killed everyone in the room, about 100 officials including high-ranking politicians, soldiers, you name it. What happened after that... we don't know, but her death was confirmed on the next day, the 3rd. Oh, before I finish, there was one person who survived, we don't know how. In addition, she disappeared between the time of the incident and the 4th."

"So she finally died. How many times were there these stupid false alarms? One minute she's dead, the next she's still alive. [sigh], but what about this survivor, this person who disappeared. Surely you know where she went?"

"I don't, it's not in the report, but give me some time and I will be able to tell you."

"5:30pm. You have until then. I shall contact you at that time. Don't bother calling me at any other time, I will call you. Got that?"

"Y-yes sir. You will call me at 1730. Goodbye."

"Good day." Viktor said, ending the call.

------------
17:30:00

"Good evening, Mr. Antonov." The anonymous individual answered. "I have good news: I know who and where the missing person went."

"Fantastic! You are much better than Tsar Pawel."

"Uhh, thank you. Anyway, at 1740 local time on the 3rd, an elderly man entered the palace. At 1756, he exited with a woman. I can only assume that this woman is the survivor. They had dinner at 1821, and then she went back to the palace. The next day she went to Düsseldorf with Nico Bovier, then back to Paris on the 5th, where they moved the corpses. She attended a funeral on the 6th, then took a flight to Australia at 2000. She then entered Australia the next day at approximately 1745 local time."

"Right. Send some of your men after them, we need to question them!"

"Yes, right away, sir!"

*Please, please tell me you get this reference!