PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Sony E3 Conference Details Leaked, Includes Wipeout for PS4

Aidan
7th May 2014, 11:09 PM
A post on NeoGaf contains details about Sony's E3 conference from an anonymous contact. The most exciting part is that according to this, Wipeout will be coming to the PS4!

Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite

You can read the full post with lots more information about the conference.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110974264&postcount=1

Hopefully these rumors turn out to be true and Wipeout makes a return!

Darkdrium777
7th May 2014, 11:10 PM
Source (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=110974264&postcount=1)

Our source mentioned that the information comes from contacts within Sony’s worldwide studios and a further contact at the BBH New York marketing firm, which works with Sony for part of its promotion.

The info reported below is awfully detailed, which is one of the reasons why we decided to publish it, but we were also able to confirm part of it with a second source. The double-sourced information is bolded, so while you should take everything with the customary grain of salt, the bolded parts stand on more solid ground than the rest.

>Uncharted PS4 3 Minute Trailer showcasing ”In-engine” footage interspersed with gameplay segments. Visuals are supposedly unprecedented and set a benchmark for console graphics. Summer 2015 release date. It looks absolutely stellar. Features tropical setting and differing time periods with Nate/Francis.

>Media Molecule’s new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus. 3D world building, beautiful, quirky visuals.Extremely creative and fun. Possibly related to the ”Entwined” trademark filed last week by SCE (not sure). Late 2015.

>Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.

>God of War 4 teaser will be present – will be CG with snippets of in-engine footage. A little early for reveal, but is designed to offset negativity surrounding canceled new IP and generate excitement – also to partially offset CG announce of Gears of War at Microsoft presser. Late 2015. Date wont be announced.

>Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. Sony Bend working on revamping the franchise. Stealth, beautiful visuals and a possible Winter 2014 title. Bend finally getting to join the big boys.

>Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.

>Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared – unsure whether it is penciled in for Gamescom or E3. Sony will be watching Microsoft’s presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype. Expect Dark Sorcerer- like visuals in real time. Off-topic, but still relevant – they are close to deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, **along with Ready At Dawn.**

>Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order:1886 will get a stage demo. Big title for Fall 2014. Sony is expecting great things from said title – franchise hopes rest on its performance.

>Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive – possible Heavenly Sword sequel which was shelved a number of years ago. Quite far into development.

>Sony London will be at E3. First AAA title in many years. 3rd person title. Gorgeous. They’re back with a bang

>Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. Provocative setting – very interesting. Insane visuals as usual. A good reaction to the title is expected. Will please the hardcore.

>Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC. Really cool. New powers. Possible new setting. E3 debut.

>Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast – spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. Retooled for PS4, possible Winter 2014 title. The Other title is shrouded in secrecy.

>Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. It’s shaping up to be incredible with jaw-dropping visuals. Demo release will be timed with the press conference.

The source also mentioned that the following publishers will be on stage: Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, Take Two.

(Update: our source followed up to clarify that he’s actually not 100% sure if Rockstar will actually be on stage or Sony will just announce the next generation Ground Theft Auto V on their behalf)

There will also big titles announced for the Instant Game Collection, a segment on Project Morpheus, one on the Sony Entertainment Network and a re-introduction of PlayStation Now. Price drops will also be unveiled for the PS3 and PS Vita.

We’ll also see several smaller-scale, downloadable titles. PS Vita Vita will get some attention, but not much – as it’ll be a PS4 show. PS3 will get a montage and few new titles. Finally, the show will close with a teaser of a sequel of The Last of Us.

Again, everything mentioned above should be taken with the skepticism usually reserved to rumors, but much of it is so specific that it’s hard to completely disbelieve it. Unfortunately we’ll have to wait for June to see if everything will check out, but one thing is for sure: Personally I really hope it will, because if this is really what Sony’s presser will look like, we’re in for a real treat.

Yes, WipEout. Personally I will believe it when I see it, but I hope it is true. I would love a reason to get interested in Sony hardware again.

Anyways, speculate below.

Light Buster
7th May 2014, 11:19 PM
This could be my main reason to pick up a PS4.

shoryusatsu999
7th May 2014, 11:33 PM
As if I needed another reason to want a PS4! Hopefully, this rumor will be confirmed in epic fashion.

Xpand
8th May 2014, 01:41 AM
Even so, I'd be more successful in convincing my parents I need a car than getting them to let me buy a PS4. Even if I didn't depend on their money (which I don't, at least in terms of saved money) I don't think they'd aprove lol

Knux_Chaotix
8th May 2014, 02:49 AM
*manic arm flailing* DEAR GOD PLEASE BE TRUE!!! Will now be even more glued to E3.

dreadofmondays
8th May 2014, 03:55 AM
What is Firesprite's connection to Sony? Firesprite are independent, yes? Whereas SL where an in-house team.

KronicReaper
8th May 2014, 04:12 AM
Why you people are obsessed with E3? They don't care about the gamer, they care about money. Nothing more.

dreadofmondays
8th May 2014, 04:47 AM
News comes out of E3.

AGSys
8th May 2014, 05:20 AM
Gooooood gawwwd man! That's probably one of the best things I've heard all week! If this turns out to be true, then that's enough incentive to get a PS4 straight away, no doubt! Puleeeease god don't let this be fake. I'm begging you!

keg_11
8th May 2014, 06:36 AM
What is Firesprite's connection to Sony? Firesprite are independent, yes? Whereas SL where an in-house team.

Firesprite consists of several SL employees and they did do a bit of work for Studio Japan's The Playroom.

Aeralys
8th May 2014, 09:07 AM
Dammit I saw a thread on NeoGAF titled Sony E3 Conference leak and didn't read it on purpose, just in case something like WipEout was part of it.

Don't make me get on board the Anti-Gravity Hype Train.

Don't make me do it.

My excitement is staying maglocked to the ground.

I promise you it is.

Really.

WikEv_512
8th May 2014, 12:21 PM
YEAH !!!! With WipEout, Uncharted and Star Wars Battlefront, I can't wait for the E3 !

terra-wrists
8th May 2014, 01:41 PM
...and the fat lady lost her voice...

blackwiggle
8th May 2014, 02:11 PM
I hope it's true, but a little part of me is apprehensive on just what sort of wipeout we might get since it's not SL making it [officially ]

We all know that SL were supposedly working on a new full console WO at the same time as 2048.
Depending if this rumor was even partially factual, I suspect that Sony would of subcontracted a studio to finish of the game SL had started.

Since SL was Sony owned, and they always got the new consoles to develop on before most every other studio, considering that the PS4 was basically 5 years in testing / prototyping stage, it could be fair to assume that SL could have had a early PS4 development kit at the time to built this new game on.
Or at least been told what was the likely final configuration the PS4 would be taking.

I just hope if a new WO does appear it has Racebox or equivalent in it, a WO without Speed Laps and Time Trials sort of defeats the purpose.

Jonny
8th May 2014, 02:17 PM
Oh Nooo! And I don´t want to work during the summer holidays:blarg

terra-wrists
8th May 2014, 02:36 PM
...apprehensive...

totally understandable after reading that all we have to go on, is the following:

Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.
WipEout will make a comeback, and it’s just as likely as any other exclusive title to be shown at E3. If the source is unaware of who is developing, I’m not sure how they know it exists. From the link: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/05/07/rumour-sonys-e3-line-up-leaked-gow4-wipeout-guerilla-rpg-infamous-dlc/

Sit back down fellas :D

marcingru
8th May 2014, 02:42 PM
Is that going to be a developed from scratch or just refreshed HD?
Also near option would be great(imho great feature) , no hassle with ghosts.
But anyway is difficult to NOT to be exited, Drive Club and The Division is what I was looking forward most .... need to take overtimes XD hehe

Aeralys
8th May 2014, 02:58 PM
I agree that even though this is only a rumour, the uncertainty of the developer is the most alarming factor.

The only thing we really have to assess it's reliability is Firesprite's interviews around the time of their studio unveiling. While they were firm on stating WipEout is Sony's property and have no control on what they do with it, or who they give it to, they were a little vague if the franchise has a future. It can interpreted either way as them not knowing or not telling. Also they had projects under development (which they couldn't discuss, of course) during the time of those interviews.

terra-wrists
8th May 2014, 03:31 PM
i refuse to be excited. i'm saving that excitement up. If this is for real and it does actually get announced at E3, then I'll do my jump for joy or something, but til then, pfft.

blackwiggle
8th May 2014, 03:38 PM
If Sony were to bother having another WO made, it would stand to reason that since it no longer had a working studio able to build the game to the same standards of it's predecessors [I'm assuming Sony doesn't want a lesser product ], it would basically subcontract the work out to those it knew that could.

Which obviously is ex SL employees familiar with what is wanted.

Some professions would say get stuffed to a ex employer who after sacking you, now wants to rehire you.

I don't know if that sort of animosity exists in the gaming industry, I imagine it would for a few, but since so many other gaming studios have closed down I suppose any "Solid" work on a relatively big project would be welcome.

stin
8th May 2014, 04:50 PM
If that is true, then I`m already eyeing on three games as, Wipeout (fingers crossed), MotorStorm (A maybe) and Need For Speed.

Now, I`m almost 70/30% getting a PS4!

stevie:)

stin
8th May 2014, 04:59 PM
I already posted other topic but a minute differences!!! :/

Anyway, if that is true?, but, I`m hoping it will be using racebox and other things!, then I will buy it. We will find that out eventually.

*Breathing hard!

Hellfire_WZ
8th May 2014, 05:02 PM
Some of these rumours have apparently been verified by a number of sources. The Wipeout one is not one of them. Let's keep our feet on the ground for the time being.

terra-wrists
8th May 2014, 05:41 PM
mines are superglued to tarmac... not maglev :D

Richochet
8th May 2014, 07:06 PM
Aidan actually posted this thread first but was the one who got reprimanded. Interesting =/

Anyway, I'll be so happy if this is true! Might finally get around to buying a PS4 =O But yea, not getting too excited at the moment.

BrunoDG
8th May 2014, 07:57 PM
WHOA! Finally a good reason for my PS4 to have 2 controllers! :D

My only worries are: if it's not yet SL that's making it, will it be as good as WOHD??? =~~~~~~~
I'm worried about the quality Level. I mean, if that is really true...

possesed13
8th May 2014, 08:49 PM
great news man !!
one more ps console to the collection and the game that exist with it... hope to see something good though...
WOHD raised the level of quality much!

blackwiggle
8th May 2014, 11:38 PM
We have all been disappointed before, as much as I would like to get excited about this I can't help feeling I would be setting myself up for yet another frustrating disappointment.
The article gives scant information about a new Wipeout, but is quite detailed with the other proposed games
It's almost like the informant has reasoned that Sony has always had a new Wipeout for a new console, so has just thrown that in for good measure.

Then again, I suppose that since the new breed of gaming studios [independent ones at any rate] tend to be quite a bit smaller than SL was, it would be easier for a independent contracted to built a new Wipeout to keep what it was working on under the radar.

The most realistic scenario, if the informant is correct, is that the reason for no actual details about a new Wipeout is that it is still deeply in the process of being made, and the only thing that will be released at E3 2014 would be a proof of concept teaser video of a new Wipeout .

You may ask, why would Sony keep it a secret then release a teaser video.
Well, you just have to visit any of the Sony Playstation forums in the General or PS4 sections and see the complaints that there is far too little quality games for the PS4, plus not all the New features the PS4 are supposed to have, have not been "Turned On" for lack of a better description.

I don't know what the sales figures are for PS4's currently, but after the frenzied early adoptees got their consoles, the hyped up vibe for the PS4 has died down a hell of a lot.
Everybody seems to be holding off buying one after reading feedback from those that already have one, which has probably got Sony in some sort of damage control in the hope of getting these people to get a PS4 ASAP, after all, they spent many millions promoting it, they don't want to have to go through another hugely expensive promotional campaign because people that couldn't get a PS4 at release due to supply problems, have suddenly decided that they no longer see any point in getting one.

Hellfire_WZ
9th May 2014, 05:51 AM
Aidan actually posted this thread first but was the one who got reprimanded. Interesting =/Oops, you're right, they were posted almost at the same time! Sorry, will merge them later. This thread already had quite a few replies before the other one showed up in the recent posts feed which is what threw me.I'll go sit in the naughty corner...

SH*T, sorry! Didn't realise this thread was closed when I merged them! Can someome just give me a shotgun? I'm having a crap day :P

nostromer
13th May 2014, 03:32 AM
Long time lurker here... I still play HD/Fury on a regular basis and given the current state of the PS4, I'd be really surprised if sony didn't have something for the WipEout future brewing- even if it isn't at E3.

I, along with at least a couple others I know personally, would buy a PS4 IMMEDIATELY after a confirmed announcement. It's a system seller.

And it better be 60FPS. Hell, i'd even take a 60FPS port of 2048, although something in the Fury timeline would be amazing.

AND - it better have custom playlist support or it'll forever be handicapped.

Ace3000
13th May 2014, 11:10 AM
I don't see how it would not have custom playlist support, both Pulse and HD Fury had it.

Aeralys
13th May 2014, 11:22 AM
Depends on when we get .mp3 playback support for the PS4 I guess. I can't barrel roll without the rhythm of Trance, they just come out all corkscrewy.

XBARNSTERX
13th May 2014, 11:41 AM
What do we want? Wipeout 4. When do we want it? Now. :)

Jonny
13th May 2014, 11:54 AM
I either would name it WipEout 11, or WipE´out" RE*ncarnation"

Aeralys
13th May 2014, 12:03 PM
Nah it'll be something like "Wi4eout" with the 4 indented lower to look like a 'p' even though a 4 looks like a 'q' but yo this franchise too cool for putting letters the right way around.

terra-wrists
13th May 2014, 03:47 PM
wipEout genesis

the dawn of the sport, belmondo and all :) bring it Sony, bring it!

Hybrid Divide
14th May 2014, 05:39 PM
*hopehopehopehopehopehopehopehopehopehopehopehopeh opehopehopehope*

Blairh
14th May 2014, 10:28 PM
Hey guys. First post here. Wanted to share my wipeout PS4 concept render. Its a whole lap of a race. Made this 6 months ago and was meaning to post on a forum of wipeout fans for you to enjoy. Let me know what you think
http://vimeo.com/77755601

JABBERJAW
15th May 2014, 01:23 AM
I would be very happy with just 2048 juiced up graphically, and with the good single and multiplayer of HD.

Sugar_from_OTW
18th May 2014, 06:03 PM
*fingers crossed*

terra-wrists
18th May 2014, 07:44 PM
You can cross them til they break. It won't make it happen.

Mu5
21st May 2014, 08:30 PM
Found out about this 4 hours ago - so happy! :D

My mate said - Project Morpheus version maybe? :D :+

possesed13
22nd May 2014, 09:52 PM
lets say they announce it on E3 and then what? how long? September... nah... Christmas?? more likely...
sounds promising though 2015 with new wipeout...

Snakenator1
22nd May 2014, 10:19 PM
I've just been on the side lines on this thread cause I'm at and still a total loss for what to say on this thread. Trying to remain impartial :P
I can't but help feel excited for this, but we can't be sure.
Either way if it doesn't happen I found this on Tumblr to still go by :)

Jonny
23rd May 2014, 03:13 PM
lets say they announce it on E3 and then what? how long? September... nah... Christmas?? more likely...
sounds promising though 2015 with new wipeout...

Better than nothing :P

Rossriders
23rd May 2014, 04:29 PM
As usual with rumors, no matter what they are, I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach...not to mention it's going to be ages until I can even think of getting a PS4...it would be nice if 2048 got (properly) ported to the PS3 but we'll see.

We will see.

keg_11
24th May 2014, 05:49 AM
Right, for those eager (or not) to see if this rumour is true or not, you will finally know in:

http://www.pending.me.uk/cd/bla_1402362000.png (http://www.pending.me.uk)

TheConzio
24th May 2014, 02:47 PM
Man, it's like waiting for Christmas as a five year old!

stin
24th May 2014, 04:08 PM
That would be cool if it is true!

stevie :/

Norfolk'n'Clue
25th May 2014, 06:14 PM
Holy smokes. This would make me buy a PS4. No contest.

possesed13
25th May 2014, 10:16 PM
Holy smokes. This would make me buy a PS4. No contest.

i dont believe you're gonna do such a thing
:D

vincoof
26th May 2014, 11:32 AM
i dont believe you're gonna do such a thing
:DFWIW, I *almost* bought a PS3 when I knew WOHD would be released. Not sure if "almost" will change to "certainly" this time.

Pinstripe
26th May 2014, 09:40 PM
wipEout genesis

the dawn of the sport, belmondo and all :) bring it Sony, bring it!

The main focus of the game would be building an amateur team by yourself, and developing one of the first AG racing ships ever.

yawnstretch
26th May 2014, 10:04 PM
HopeHopeHopeHope!

terra-wrists
26th May 2014, 11:19 PM
The main focus of the game would be building an amateur team by yourself, and developing one of the first AG racing ships ever.

Ok spill it, what aren't you telling us? :D

Jonny
27th May 2014, 01:37 PM

Wouldn´t this be 1) a roleplay, or manager game and 2) mean that you would be part of Belmondos Research team?

Pinstripe
27th May 2014, 03:32 PM
Ok spill it, what aren't you telling us? :D

I know too much. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No, but emphasis on would. It's just speculation, but if Sony's reading this, I have much to discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

I figure it'd be like normal WipEout, except you would be able to build a ship yourself, and research for parts to race with. So, sort of like Gran Turismo in a way...

Jonny
27th May 2014, 04:19 PM
Sounds like Quantum Rush

Austinutiy
28th May 2014, 04:24 PM
Holy Sh*t, just looked up Quantum Rush. Looks fine in deed. Might end up having to accept substitutes.

keg_11
2nd June 2014, 12:50 AM
Almost 1 week to go until the moment of truth...

blackwiggle
2nd June 2014, 08:35 AM
Wouldn't it be nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0yoiBYbT2I

Rapier Racer
2nd June 2014, 10:22 AM
I'm joining the no hopes up yet camp, it's now a case of warching the entire Sony conference waiting to see if they even have a 10 second clip as part of a montage or even just mention it with no footage. Hopefully they will have other things to say that will soften the lack of Wipeout I am expecting

AGSys
2nd June 2014, 11:55 AM
As it gets closer, it's getting me really, really anxious e__e

possesed13
2nd June 2014, 01:41 PM
im more optimistic... i think there will be a wipeout for ps4. Not only because we are here stating that we love this game,
and we are quite a lot! But also i believe in the bond that ps has with its first solid title....
You cant just put other things to soften the lack of wipeout.... either yes or no! the lack is huge lol
It seems logical to me!
time will show!

blackwiggle
2nd June 2014, 11:59 PM
The PS4 needs something other than shooters.
It feels like that's all that has been shown as games in development at the last two E3's :frown:, and the reason I only bought four games last year,Bioshock last one, which was OK, but not amazing, GRID 2 which I became disillusioned with after playing online, and GTA V, which I played for about 20 minutes on the day of release and haven't touched since.
If it hadn't been for 'The Last of Us' it would of been complete washout, gaming wise for me.

terra-wrists
3rd June 2014, 08:10 PM
The PS4 needs something other than shooters.

If at e3 they show us something worthy which isn't a shooter, I may take the leap. But really, I'd feel gutted if I did and no wipeout was forthcoming on it... uncertainties, uncertainties and more uncertainties... lifes a barrel roll gone wrong!

blackwiggle
4th June 2014, 09:25 AM
I feel the same.
In truth, I must have around 10-15 PS3 games that haven't even had the trophy info updated to my PS3.
They have not even been fired up once.
So NO reason for a PS4 in my case ATM.

IF WO of any description announced for the PS4.
I will get one without doubt.
[I'm not stupid, I'll wait for the new WO/PS4 package deal that will pretty much be a certainty ]

stin
4th June 2014, 11:35 AM
Bw, l do feel the same as you, as I will wait if wipeout comes out and then I will buy it.

Stevie :)

terra-wrists
4th June 2014, 12:25 PM
I'll wait for the new WO/PS4 package deal that will pretty much be a certainty ]

If that is announced, I'll be joining you bud.

And Stevie :) I've not played wipeout in over a month - I'm probably rusty, might make an appearance on HD Fury this weekend if you are around :)

Aeralys
5th June 2014, 04:47 PM
*ahem*

Rapier Racer
5th June 2014, 07:42 PM
I don't know what to make of that, you have the fact that I would not have expected a new small dev like Firesprite to be at E3 which in turn makes me think they have some decent funds or they are involved in a project with a larger company.

stin
5th June 2014, 08:03 PM
Terra!, I will let you know, cos I`m extremely busy with golf atm, it`s for Championship week. Done alot of practise preparing.

Aeralys
5th June 2014, 09:36 PM
I don't know. You could compare this to Criterion, who earlier downsized to about 17 staff, yet are also expected to reveal something at E3.
Also Double Helix, while a larger company, somehow got a hold on the 1st Season for Killer Instinct.
I think the connections and history are more important here. Funds may not be too significant if it's just a trailer reveal and not so much a physical presence. We do know that FireSprite, even at 20 members strong, have strong connections with Sony.

WipEout or not, FireSprite suggesting some news next week does thicken the plot.

And I like my plots how I like my milkshake.

terra-wrists
6th June 2014, 02:14 AM
Terra!, I will let you know, cos I`m extremely busy with golf atm, it`s for Championship week. Done alot of practise preparing.

you get 'em fella :+ i got faith in your game! :)

@Aeralys - your post actually got me excited about E3 :)

XBARNSTERX
6th June 2014, 11:32 AM
It's a lovely day here in Liverpool for sure. You can't say that and there not be a wipeout. Such a tease lol.

Edit, Just heard theres a big business meeting, convention thing going on in liverpool next week. Maybe what wad meant... I don't.know?

stin
7th June 2014, 07:08 AM
If no wipeout coming out?, still, my wife says, I`m still getting a PS4, but I`m not too sure though. :?

stevie :)

nostromer
9th June 2014, 11:26 PM
got my fingers crossed for the conference tonight ^____^

Not getting my hopes too high though, but if sony wants to sell a console.. they know what to announce : P

WikEv_512
10th June 2014, 02:53 AM
No WipEout.... Too bad :(

shoryusatsu999
10th June 2014, 02:54 AM
No wipEout during the conference. Maybe they've got other announcements planned during the rest of E3.

keg_11
10th June 2014, 02:54 AM
Press Conference over, sadly no wipeout.

But still, there had been several good points about the con:

Uncharted 4
Destiny
Battlefield: Hardline
LBP3
MGS V: The Phantom Pain
PSTV, PS Now, "Powers" TV show exclusive on PS4
GTA V for PS4

In all, a good show.

AGSys
10th June 2014, 03:27 AM
Yup. GTA V for PC. Whooo! Best news of E3 for me personally. But as with every good news, there's gotta be bad; no sign of a next gen WipEout. D:

shoryusatsu999
10th June 2014, 03:40 AM
I think we should wait until the end of E3 to despair over the potential lack of wipEout for PS4. There's still the chance that they could pull a surprise announcement.

Synergy2048
10th June 2014, 08:10 AM
An announcement is all I need to be hyped for, I don't need a teaser trailer, I just want to know if yes, they're working on a title or just present the name. Then I can wait for release by 2015 or so.

Aeralys
10th June 2014, 02:28 PM
Huh? I'm sorry all I can hear is Bloodborne.

TheConzio
11th June 2014, 02:29 AM
There's still a possibility.

Knux_Chaotix
11th June 2014, 07:29 AM
Theres a chance it could be Firesprite, but it may not be. If there is another Wipeout to happen it could have gone to Evolution, or any Sony studio for that matter. It still just the age old case of "wait and see"

XBARNSTERX
11th June 2014, 12:07 PM
Gutted there was no announcement for Wipeout. So no hurry for to buy a ps4 yet. Not until uncharted comes out. Excited for this, great game. Also looking forward to tomb raider, hope its a bit more difficult than the last, not that I didn't enjoy it mind. Always been a TR fan. Mirrors edge 2 O_O ...its going to be unreal.

blackwiggle
11th June 2014, 12:36 PM
I doubt the next Wipeout will be a PS exclusive. ;)

possesed13
11th June 2014, 01:20 PM
the good thing is that there is no rush for buying ps4...
but man ... it would be nice if it was announced!
nevertheless ill be around whenever they come out with WO!
HD still shines!

terra-wrists
11th June 2014, 04:25 PM
I doubt the next Wipeout will be a PS exclusive. ;)

echoed my thoughts.

Do you suspect firesprite? I am unsure if firesprite will actually develop the next one. Seems they are working on an altogether different project. Although sony holds the rights to WO, I gets the same feeling as you.

eLhabib
11th June 2014, 04:42 PM
Well, Lee Carus and Chris Roberts are with Firesprite, so if they're not doing wipEout, I guess nobody is. At least not well...

Hellfire_WZ
11th June 2014, 05:03 PM
As are Stuart Lovegrove and Graeme Ankers

blackwiggle
12th June 2014, 12:31 AM
I think there will be a new Wipeout, but it won't be as you might expect it to be.

Here is something to mull over.
As we all know Wipeout has traditionally be used as a showcase title for any new console or technology that Sony has released.

So what has Sony got coming out that it, and nobody else has done before?
Game streaming via Playstation NOW.

The difference with Playstation NOW is that you will not be tied to just using a PS4/PS3/VITA.
The plan is that you will be able to play the available titles on you smartphone/tablet.

Not only that, I think it might be released under the old Psygnosis branding.
Why?
Well possibly some smartphone / tablet manufacturers might veto people installing a Sony product on their devices, well at least a product that is plainly labelled as being a Sony product, so by titling it as a Psygnosis product it might circumvent this problem.

This might also explain why Sony just recently re registered the Psygnosis name.

vincoof
12th June 2014, 09:00 AM
the good thing is that there is no rush for buying ps4...
^This

If WO was announced I would have definitely been in a weird situation where I’d have hesitated to buy the PS4 just for this game. Now I know I won’t. Thanks E3. Even though I’d have loved to see the official announcement of course;)

XBARNSTERX
13th June 2014, 12:49 PM
Still no news yet? :(

terra-wrists
13th June 2014, 03:51 PM
Well, Lee Carus and Chris Roberts are with Firesprite, so if they're not doing wipEout, I guess nobody is. At least not well...

As are Stuart Lovegrove and Graeme Ankers

AND THEN BW WROTE WHAT HE DID....

...trust me, I was close to getting a PS4.

Guys, please don't tease me like this :D

Hellfire_WZ
15th June 2014, 01:28 PM
I think it's time to close this one, it's clear that there was nothing in the Wipeout rumour. Please direct all future E3 discussion to the thread in the General Games forum.