PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Advance Warfighter

KronicReaper
2nd May 2014, 11:13 PM
There's a new Call of Duty game that is coming out on November 2014 called Call of Duty: Advance Warfighter. Here is the video from Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFu5qXMuaJU&feature=player_detailpage

Hellfire_WZ
3rd May 2014, 09:18 AM
This is their opportunity now to do something different and to really advance the series. Judging by how CoD: Ghosts was received they would be mad to just trot out the same old formula with a sci-fi reskin.

Personally I still prefer the old WWII games, they had some real character to them.

dreadofmondays
3rd May 2014, 12:15 PM
do something different

advance the series

ahahahaha

by 'advanced' do they mean 'modern'? as in 'modern warfare'?

They had their chance with ghosts. They blew it

Oryx Crake
3rd May 2014, 12:39 PM
I'm sure Call of duty is a well made series as a whole but the horrible community it nurtures makes me wonder why people other than tween boys with anger issues play it at all...

Snakenator1
3rd May 2014, 07:50 PM
I hate to admit it, but I was a "hardcore" Call of duty player a while ago. I was one of those who played it a lot and would rage at people, threaten them etc :|

I'm ashamed with myself, I use to be one of those people in the community.

But a friend helped me free by introducing me to WipEout. I'm now a different kind of gamer for the better.
I hope you guys can disregard my past for what I am like now :)

Oryx Crake
3rd May 2014, 08:44 PM
I think honestly most people don't go into CoD with anger issues like that it's just the lingua franca as it were of that community and it either makes people conform or stop playing... thats my feeling anyways. But now that it is so prevalent and well known I think a lot of people who might otherwise enjoy it, just simply wont play online because of it.

As far as I'm concerned by the way no need to appologise for what happened some time ago unless it still harms anyone now, which I assume it doesn't.

KronicReaper
4th May 2014, 01:56 AM
Yeah that's true people that they get on the mic and cry and moan because they can't have a high KD ratio or getting sick of campers camping in a match. That is why I don't have a mic and when I here little kids squawking I give them a two word message to them & yes I do play Black Ops 2 with one of the Hyperdimension Neptunia avatars to keep my true identity a secret. Here the message I use too mess with little kids heads after a match is over. Older players that have anger issues, I'll leave them alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGOxeN_JxVc&feature=player_detailpage

AGSys
10th May 2014, 03:42 AM
Apparently this is going to be the "best in the series". Can't wait to see all the little prepubescent boys gawk in awe at the exact same game from the last 6 years with a few graphical enhancements and new skins.

Hellfire_WZ
10th May 2014, 10:18 AM
I see the first step down the same road has been taken. It's already available to pre-order on Steam. At full price, and with no pre-order incentives.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
17th May 2014, 11:27 AM
This is their opportunity now to do something different and to really advance the series. Judging by how CoD: Ghosts was received they would be mad to just trot out the same old formula with a sci-fi reskin.

What do u think of in detail when u r talking about improvements?
For me it would be an improvement if they even dont intend to do it but just remove all that unnecessary sh**.

XBARNSTERX
17th May 2014, 11:48 AM
I got into call of duty heavily. Not now, bores me senseless. SSDD as it says in mw2. Personally as some have kind of hinted at. The games are good its just how people play it. They worry about their k.d so much that it just takes the fun out of it. I didn't buy ghosts which I'm glad about and probably won't buy the next installment.

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
17th May 2014, 11:55 AM
Bo2 was the best cod after cod4 due to its league play. Playing on high level without things annoying one was truly a lot of fun. I could have only that fun in mw3 only with mlg play or when i started to play public as an asshole, too.
But that's not what i want :D im probably out too, it just makes me kinda feeling sad if i watch the 'development' since cod4...

JFthebestJan
17th May 2014, 02:58 PM
cod4 was the only game of the series i enjoyed to play. mw2 was immediately banned from my console after the airport scene, i just couldn't believe what the developers offered me there. i haven't fired a single bullet in that particular level!

xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix
17th May 2014, 09:47 PM
Indeed, that scenes are hardly acceptable but tasteless... moreover its online multiplayer gave one the biggest possibility to play as noob. Only that special force mode with its missions was entertaining, actually very entertaining.
In order to write something to topic: uas long as there are no dedicated server ( as promised for ghost) that row is dead and his developers too. Im surprised but even more disappointed that the community accepted this breach of promise so easily... stupid mankind *facepalm*

Rapier Racer
18th May 2014, 12:22 PM
Loved COD 4 characters, story and general atmosphere of modern warfare. I continues playing through the modern warfare series for those reasons but as good as they were 2 and 3 were not as good as the first.

I haven't bought anymore since with Black Ops being the exception, bought for 27 quid and traded in for a copy of Killzone 3 a week later (awesome game)

All I expect from COD now is more of the same shite BUT now with 35% MORE DOOOOG.......YEAH! DOG!....what are you looking at us like that for Activision ask? All we have is DOOOOG!

Hellfire_WZ
18th May 2014, 10:01 PM
Guys, do I need to remind some of you about the guidelines on the use of quotes? Please don't quote a post immediately preceding your own.