PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Fusion Music Video!!

Thruster2097
2nd July 2003, 07:25 PM
http://www.clipland.com/Video/701006424/

you need quicktime, and it takes an age to download (even with my broadband)
I dont know how or if this was ever shown to sony for release.
By: KeeMo
Track: The Dawn

Opinion: Excellent if youre into wipeout, but a bit rubbish if you're not. It sorta looks like what PPK wanted to do - but werent allowed!

Lance
3rd July 2003, 03:32 AM
how many megs, Thrusty? the most i've managed on my dial-up is 136 megabytes. took a very long time, of course

Thruster2097
3rd July 2003, 06:47 AM
dont know.
how do I find out?

Lance
3rd July 2003, 09:36 AM
?
did you just play it as a stream without saving afterwards? are you on windows? [now starts to explain what you probably already know] if you still have it on your harddrive, just get in Windows Explorer and single-click on the file. it should show in the left panel of the WinExplorer window how large the file is in bytes. um... unless you don't have it set to show Explorer in webpage mode?

the page this video is on seems to be using a javascript that's proprietary to internet explorer. sigh. that means i actually have to fire up IE to dl. how tedious of the webmaster. they're making it available as a stream, so i think i wouldn't be able to tell how big the file is till i had it complete on my harddrive. too late for my taste ;) i am so effin picky.

Thruster2097
3rd July 2003, 10:01 AM
if it played thru win media player, it would be easy to find out. Mine plays thru embedded ?realplayer?

I tried looking thru my temp. internet files but couldnt find anything (either that or I wasnt looking hard enuff!)

I'll keep trying

Thruster2097
3rd July 2003, 10:35 AM
i can be very dumb when I try :oops:

http://www.keemo.de

you can get hi-res and lo-res versions.
And you can remix it, too!

xEik
3rd July 2003, 11:59 AM
I viewed them in Opera7.11 with no problems. I saved them from the cache directory (they are *.qt files)

The sizes are 9 MB for low res and 21.5 MB for hi res.

A big download for a Dial-up.

alnuva
6th February 2005, 01:00 PM
where did they get those color clips from the intro?????????????????????? :?

Dimension
6th February 2005, 01:07 PM
Cool video, crap tune. BTW, what was with that maaaaassive jump right at the end of the video? 8O Pretty chuffing intense :D

Sausehuhn
6th February 2005, 03:27 PM
yes, really good. I like the hangar under the track of madrashee shown in the video.
It looks cool 8)

Rapier Racer
6th February 2005, 04:35 PM
cool stuff, do sony know about it, was there ever anything like that done for WO 3?

Dimension
6th February 2005, 04:43 PM
sadly I think we'd know about it, would probably have been an Xpander video or maybe one for Kittens *shrug* but i doubt there is one :cry:

alnuva
8th February 2005, 03:46 PM
I SAID WHERE DID HE GET THE COLOR CLIPS FROM!!!???? :x :?

G'Kyl
8th February 2005, 04:07 PM
My guess is that no one really knows where to get them. Usually you should have gotten an answer by now if that were any different. Or at least this is what my experience in these forums tells me, however short my time as a member might have been.

I should also tell you that excessive use of punctuation marks and/or the occasional caps lock getting stuck are not well appreciated by most posters. Mostly, people try to avoid such behavior, as it is seen as rude and uncivilized, and all moderators try hard to make users stick to the rules that are spelled out at the top of each forum.

Ben

xEik
8th February 2005, 04:19 PM
As G'Kyl has said, please refrain from writing in caps, abusing punctuation or being rude.
This will get you nowhere in this forums.

Let's keep civilised.

If nobody answered, most probably none of the users who have read the topic knew the answer.

Lance
8th February 2005, 06:25 PM
alnuva, you asked a question of other posters who had not been to this topic for seven months. please pay attention to the dates. it is little wonder that you got no quick answer, since even if it was known at the time, it could easily have been forgotten by now.

that sort of impolite 'screaming' is not allowed in these forums. do not do the shouting thing again

Mobius
8th February 2005, 06:56 PM
@ Lance

I agree but mabey as this is the first time that have been on the forum im gonna say hi...

@ Alnuva
welcome to the forums, sorry for the rude awakening... :P

the question...erm i really dont know, studio liverpool could've made the fmv in colour but converted it monochrome before the release.

ps... cool and calm is the way forward, or there will be gold medals lost in a split second reaction.

g signing out

Lance
8th February 2005, 07:09 PM
rude awakenings are good for those who start out by being rude. ;)

in any case, we didn't get overexcited about it, just pointed out a couple of facts. and personally i've remained calm. you notice that i've not deleted his membership. or even screamed back. :D

Mobius
8th February 2005, 07:23 PM
that was aimed at alnuva the cool calm thingy but feel free to take it on yourself if u want.

If im sounding rude or fesecious (however it is spelt) sorry... :(

and on a brighter note, it's m3h 200 post woo! :D

Lance
8th February 2005, 07:42 PM
yeah, i know it was directed to him, but it just reminded me that everyone else who responded was cool and calm about it. i'm proud of 'em. this is such a good place

Dimension
8th February 2005, 08:24 PM
I think it's more the fact that 4 of you swatted him one after another with a chain of 7 replies in the space of 4 hours, now that is harsh! :lol: Glad I turned up in the right frame of mind lmao :lol:

Lance
8th February 2005, 09:01 PM
only three actual swats :D

Chill
9th February 2005, 05:43 AM
First things first, I'm not being rude or trying to butt in. I just think that alnuva wasn't being serious, though I could be wrong. It was his/her first post, and he/she probably didn't think we were so serious and strait up. (By the way, I didn't even know about the constant use of question marks or explanation points, not to mention cap locks! Thank goodness I haven't done it.) :D

@alnuva:
Welcome to the forum, man!! :wink: Just won't to keep you welcome to discussion.

alnuva
9th February 2005, 07:31 AM
i'm sorry for shouting! :oops:
but where did he get the colour clips from :?:

Dimension
9th February 2005, 08:31 AM
As mobius said it was probably from studio liverpool before they released the game, i don't know if such footage would exist any more really, if you could find someone on the boards who worked on fusion (i believe there are some) maybe they could fill you in on some details, I'm sure infox could fill in some details on who worked on fusion and might be able to help. PM infoxicated and ask :wink:

Sausehuhn
9th February 2005, 03:23 PM
You can download the color-intro* at ign.com if you're a member. 8)

>>> http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/014/014441/vids_6.html

* I'm not sure if it really is the intro, but looks like that.

alnuva
11th February 2005, 07:47 AM
i cant view the movie
for 2 reasons.
1.my browser wont load it
2.it cant load i cant register!

Prometheus
10th April 2005, 01:38 PM
Hi all
i was wondering how much file space we have to upload to our accounts. I have a 14 meg video file that is a rare making of fusion video for the song hong kong trash... i tried to upload it but it just times out after a while.

thanks

Rapier Racer
10th April 2005, 02:17 PM
Use

http://www.yousendit.com/

and then post the link to it here

Prometheus
10th April 2005, 02:29 PM
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2AGR00A5WABK915C3BJDMX43YO

i've put the recipient as my own email address, but will this allow multiple people to download it?
post if there are problems and enjoy the vid, it's pretty cool.

Sausehuhn
10th April 2005, 03:27 PM
Wow!
Look at these wonderful comera views!!!!! When I see that I want to sit in an AG-Craft and fly - NOW! 8)

Prometheus
10th April 2005, 03:28 PM
if there's anything to love about fusion, it's hong kong trash...although its a remix of an original track that was intended for wip3out but dropped... still, it looks like a music video of sorts... with the Glow records logo flashing in between :)

alnuva
12th May 2005, 01:07 PM
could you repost the intro on yousendit, its expired and i did not get it.

Gonaka
12th May 2005, 02:08 PM
mozilla firefox just downloaded that first movie no problem, saved to my desktop.doesnt matter anyway cuz quicktime does suck balls. i hate .mov files. annyway, yea these videos are funky and seem quite rare, just a pity they were about fusion as opposed to another.

Sausehuhn
14th May 2005, 08:43 AM
@ alnuva

who should have the colored intro? Just ign.com has it, and you have to be a member of the site.
Hm... is somebody a member? :D

edit:
or do you mean the hong kong trash video?

alnuva
14th May 2005, 08:45 AM
i.cant.view.ign.com.

Sausehuhn
14th May 2005, 08:49 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

oh my god!
Fusion with old handlings:

>> http://c.ps2movies.ign.com/media/previews/video/wipeout/wipeout01.mov

UNBELIEVEBLE!!!

Sausehuhn
14th May 2005, 08:53 AM
@ alnuva

if you just have problems with the "view now" botton it's no problem. Klick "Download" and you can download it for free without registration or something else :D

alnuva
14th May 2005, 04:19 PM
i.cant.view.ign
heres what happens.
i type www.ign.com
the loading bar gets half way then stops. :(

Dimension
14th May 2005, 05:13 PM
have you tried a different browser or updating your current one Alnuva? Maybe IGN just doesn't work with your browser

Sausehuhn
14th May 2005, 05:15 PM
@ alnuva

you've got a PM...

Lance
14th May 2005, 07:45 PM
alnuva, you also have a private message from me. read it.