PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a 24h marathon

Hellfire_WZ
23rd April 2014, 04:52 PM
I'm toying with the idea of doing a charity fundraiser over the summer, and streaming a 24 hour gaming marathon on Twitch. I need some ideas though. If I were to do this, what games would you like to see me play? Or indeed, join in with if it were multiplayer? :)

PC ideally so I can stream directly, but I'll do console stuff if I can get it working. Try to avoid games with a hell of a lot going on at once as my internet connection is a bit pants and I'd rather not stream a pixellated mess.

KronicReaper
23rd April 2014, 06:36 PM
I got some good ideas for you. Play some Battlefield 3 or 4, Titanfall, or Killzone: Shadow Fall for a 24 hour game feast.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd April 2014, 06:46 PM
Those are what I would class as "too much going on". My upload speed is only 800kb so I'd be streaming at a resolution no higher than 480p. I can try, but I doubt they'd be watchable with that connection. I'd certainly be up for a bit of Titanfall if it is though.

And before anyone says anything, any of the Wipeout games would also fall under this category.

Snakenator1
23rd April 2014, 08:16 PM
Perhaps Indie Horror games can be an idea? People flock to Youtube to see such videos of people playing them and screaming at the top of their lungs ;)

some of the most popular are: Slender, SCP Containment Breach, SCP-087 series etc. These are also free to download straight to your PC and don't require high performance computers to run them smoothly either.

Just a suggestion :)

KronicReaper
23rd April 2014, 08:47 PM
How about some Hyperdimension Neptunia gameplay? You need some different people to flock to your channel. Just an idea I'm pitching in.

Jonny
23rd April 2014, 09:40 PM
There was this game...it was called...ähm...WipEout? ;)

Azurooth
24th April 2014, 12:20 AM
maybe something creative, with some artsy stuff, kinda positive vibes, not a lot going on, but still interesting enough to see what's gonna happen. Oh Terraria! I would defo watch that! :)

terra-wrists
24th April 2014, 12:15 PM
Kung fu live... lol

No seriously I think I'd donate if you played kung fu live and streamed both the tv screen and yourself in synchro kung fu moves.... for a full 24 hours. I'd pay to see that hehe

mannjon
24th April 2014, 03:45 PM
DEFINITELY WO!!! WHY WAS THAT NOT FIRST? ^_^

How about something like Rez, or Child of Eden? Those 2 are as much fun to watch as play. In general, RPG's are AWESOME, but it mught be kinda slow to watch. No one wants to see grinding to level up. Resident Evil comes to mind (as already stated for the genre).

If this isn't kid friendly, you could even throw in South Park Stick of Truth (even though an RPG, still fun to watch as an extended episode).

Maybe some skylanders?

And Katamari Damachy also comes to mind.

Jonny
24th April 2014, 09:48 PM
The South Park game is amazing, I'm not allowed to buy it, so i have to watch LPs...
I think games with an ending would be an advantage.
Anyway, Games I would like to see...hm...I just like racing games...maybe F1 2013?

Snakenator1
24th April 2014, 09:55 PM
Borderlands 2! funniest FPS ever ^_^ you'll love it, play it.

KronicReaper
25th April 2014, 04:28 AM
Just try the Hyperdimension Neptunia games. Their funny games to play to unlock trophies, but you might be turned off by the fan service in the game. Just give it a try.

Austinutiy
25th April 2014, 05:12 PM
How about Stanley Parable? Filled with secrets and fairly simple :) Also, Unfinished Swan is very interesting. GMod is never-ending, and just pissing around in the game is exremely fun.

JustinCase
26th April 2014, 01:40 AM
Imo best games for a 24h marathon are sandbox games. Goat Simulator might be fun, but I'd go with GTA V ;).

Jonny
26th April 2014, 11:25 AM
ToCA Race Driver 3? Classic, not that easy nor very difficult (sometimes) and a wide varity of cars and tracks.

Ragsus Maxima
28th April 2014, 11:06 PM
You might want to give a try to an indie game called UnEpic. It's a PC game, a mix between an RPG game and Castlevania, and has a free demo on its official website. I've never played a game like this before, but I gave it a chance two years ago and I was nicely surprised. Maybe you want to check it out if you're keen to the genre. :)