PDA

View Full Version : I challenge thee!

Whizawk
3rd April 2014, 07:50 PM
Arcade -> Auricom -> Phantom -> Spilskinanke

Edit: I have a new best at

stin
4th April 2014, 06:14 AM
AURICOM!!!!!!! Wow heavy ship, l will give a go this afternoon.

EDIT, Well your scores are impressive!, well, I had to start from scratch (can`t find my memory stick!) 80 mins later after challenge I to qualify Phantom level!

Well here is my scores atm after 15 mins playing is 3.19.8

EDIT 2 Well, I`m struggling to go below 3mins barrier :/, all I hear is missiles, mines constantly!!! 3.02.6 :/

stevie :)

Whizawk
4th April 2014, 05:06 PM
I have spent the last 2-3 days playing 2097, probably 2 days on that track alone trying to perfect it.
Without 'run-off areas' it's extremely difficult to fly without crashing once on Spilskinanke, especially in that tunnel part as it doesn't feel like it can accommodate Phantom speeds through there forcing me to slow down.

stin
4th April 2014, 05:21 PM
Aah...that`s make sense!, you played this single track for two days!, I only done about 1 1/2 hours so far.
tunnel?, yeah, it`s hard "s" shape to master and you got to rely on AP :)
Can`t find my own originals memory cards with my records in it.

However, I will keep going ;) till I will break 3 min barrier!

EDIT forgot to say, which controller are you using?

stevie:)

Whizawk
4th April 2014, 05:30 PM
If you use too much airbrake you will slide into the barriers, but if you use no airbrake at all and rely solely on d-pad turning you will hit the sharp apex of the corners.

The only way to do it at high speeds is to slow down by either letting go of the throttle and applying double airbrakes, or to deliberately slide wide with the use of airbrakes to avoid the blue speed boosts in the tunnel so you have plenty of time to turn.

The rest of the track is cake.

EDIT forgot to say, which controller are you using?

I'm using the DS3, PS3 controller as I'm running this game on an emulator from the computer. There is still no joystick support though so I'm using the d-pad to turn.

stin
4th April 2014, 05:55 PM
:clap No neggy then!!! that is really good!!!

Are you playing on PS1 or PC?

My scores is atm 34.9, 35.4, 32.0, 35.3, 36.9= 2.54.5 :)

Whizawk
4th April 2014, 06:00 PM
Are you playing on PS1 or PC?

I'm playing the PSone ISO .bin file on PC through an emulator if that makes sense.

The game is PS1 but the player is PC.

stin
4th April 2014, 06:36 PM
Ah ok, that`s fine :) I`m using old ps1 with antique neggy :)

Whizawk
4th April 2014, 07:45 PM
I've never used a Negcon controller thingy.

I would be happy if they made all the PSone & PS2 ones available on the PSN.
Only the first Wipeout game is on the PSN which is confusing since the very first game in my opinion would have been the worst classic example of the original titles.

stin
6th April 2014, 10:15 AM
My scores atm is 2.53.2

Yours are really good!

Whizawk
6th April 2014, 05:06 PM
Hardly any consolation, but during that time I set, I scored either two or three perfect laps.

JABBERJAW
14th April 2014, 12:13 PM
I might get a chance at this next week.