PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure european version DLC freezing

NetSphereEngineer
19th March 2014, 05:33 AM
Hi guys I'm new! I really loved this game series and now that I have the means to play I want to start playing all of them!!!! I started with Pure and boy this game is beautiful S2 But I already have a problem :(

My game is freezing because of the DLC and I tried solutions ppl usually say on some places like copy the DLC files one by one and in a specific order to fix the freezing but it's not working.

Can anyone please help me? I got so sad cause I can't pass the descension tournament(that 12 tracks long tourney) cause I just could not beat it due the freezing in exostra run track :(

oh yeah I'm really sorry about my English cause it's not really good so be gentle and thanks in advance :)

stin
19th March 2014, 09:22 AM
Hi and welcome to the board. Your English are fine :)

About freeze over exostr run? That's pretty common but, make sure your psp or vita, loads your save up properly but, again, if you switch off your game in a middle of race, that will freeze too and also loads after one race finishes while the next race starts, don't press it right away, that also freezes too especially decension in vector which are brutal to freezing but that will get you through eventually. Hard but you will get there in the end. :) especially Omega pack, let it run naturally.

Hope that clears up for you?

stevie :)

NetSphereEngineer
19th March 2014, 02:44 PM
First thanks a lot for the answer!

Sorry but let me see if I understand correctly. Basically all I need to do is keep trying the descension tournament in the flash class till it works?

I already tried like 6 times and it always freeze :(

So there is no real fix for this? This is a european only bug that never got fixed?

multibodydynamics
19th March 2014, 03:04 PM
I don't have a perfect solution unfortunately but I had the same problem with a freeze after Exostra Run. I just deleted all packs and copied all of them to my PSP again. After that it worked. I can check on my PSP in which order they have been copied if you want me to.

rdmx
19th March 2014, 03:32 PM
Try copying them in release order.

Copy Gamma first -> Delta -> Classic 2 -> Omega.

If you're worried, launch the game with just Gamma installed to see if it works.

NetSphereEngineer
19th March 2014, 04:25 PM
I already tried to copy using this order but I put the other ones after that like the urban music pack, sci fi and stuff like that and it froze. Can I play the game only with the pack I need to clear and after I complete the race and save restore the other packs? or if I save I will lose all the medals and stuff?

I think I'm going to try this after I return home I can always have a save backup and if I lose my progress I can restore the backup!

EDIT: So sad... I had this theory that if I disabled auto save the exostra run would not freeze in the end and for a while it worked till it froze in the middle of the race!!!!!!!

Do you guys think it could be a memory stick speed problem? I use a adapter with two SD's inserted on it but i'm starting to think that this is the game fault or something :(

EDIT 2:I just gave up to find a way to play descension with all the packs on the memory stick so now when I need to play the descension tourney I will just copy the game saves and the gamma pack in the PSP save folder do the tourney and copy all the rest back when finished! The save reminds all my progress even removing the other packs for a while so it's not a big deal :)