PDA

View Full Version : Any Dead Space series players here?

KronicReaper
15th February 2014, 02:52 AM
I have so many gaming questions to you folks on WZ, but here another one. Did you even play the Dead Space series on the Xbox 360, PS3 or PC? I think the series is a good mixture of sci-fi & horror into one good package. What do you think about the Dead Space series? To me its the best series that beat the Resident Evil series hands down or any other survival horror game with a good twist of science fiction & horror into one.

Azurooth
15th February 2014, 11:07 AM
I've played the first one and i've got D2 on my shelf waiting for me. And i do prefer Dead Space over Resident Evil tho RE4 is pretty close imo. I don't have any real hopes for D3 tho since it seems they've gone another path with that one, away from the sci-fi/horror towards sci-fi/action.

Dark_Phantom_89
17th February 2014, 07:10 PM
I've played DS1, DS2 and Extraction and thoroughly enjoyed them all. If you're into jump-scares, then it's a perfect series for you. The first two really set the atmosphere of a survival horror and really make you feel like you're fighting for your life (especially DS2's Hardcore mode - now that is epic...)

Extraction was ok for an original Wii title, but as for DS3 - I played the demo and switched it off. As Azurooth said, it's strayed too far away from the survival horror element and become too shooter-like.

Azurooth
19th February 2014, 10:07 AM
Oh i did play Exctraction as well since it was included in my copy of D2 (limited edition i think it was) And i quite liked it since it gives a lot of backstory to D1. Kinda repetetive combat but i played it with a friend which made it a lot more fun.
On a side note i also enjoyed the animated movie Dead Space - Downfall, nothing mindblowing but good enough for fans of the franchise.