PDA

View Full Version : Mega jumps at Pmar

Jittery-Joe
23rd June 2003, 07:40 PM
I discovered this a while ago:
on any of the jumps a Pmar, Hyperthrust to the jump and pull back. The jumps is a sure fire first place (honest

Lance
24th June 2003, 03:06 AM
hi jj, do you mean first place against the computer ships or first place in the Times Tables against other humans? man, i wish it were so simple to beat thOse guys

Jittery-Joe
25th June 2003, 07:07 PM
hi jj, do you mean first place against the computer ships or first place in the Times Tables against other humans? man, i wish it were so simple to beat thOse guys
either

JABBERJAW
25th June 2003, 07:49 PM
what if everybody is pulling back? wouldn't make that even for everyone? :D

Jittery-Joe
23rd July 2003, 06:57 PM
what if everybody is pulling back? wouldn't make that even for everyone? :D
probably

yuusen
24th January 2004, 06:21 PM

technically this should only work in a situation where the track rises before you land. otherwise you may be creating an unecessarily wide arch over the ground, and not taking the shortest (and therefore quickest) route from a to b. i do believe, however, that it is possible to better the cpu ships this way. because they stick to lower ground you are less likely to bump into them on the way through the ranks.

does anyone recall being able to clear the chicane before the window tunnel in pmar?

¥

Task
24th January 2004, 07:17 PM
Except for on Vector, the only way I fly P-Mar is by clearing the chicane.
I had a heck of a time trying to get my Icaras through that chicane way back when when I was still trying, it's been a long time since I've done anything but skip the whole section by flying over it.
So it's not very difficult to recall.
If you do it right, you can land very nicely on the straight leading to the serious jump without bottoming out (the slope there is very friendly) and maintain a lot of your crazy speed going up the ramp. Feels great when you pull it off smooth.
The only thing I haven't been able to manage (at Venom or Rapier levels) is flying off the major jump and landing in the pit lane. AFAICT, it's not possible. Which is probably a good thing. But I haven't really tested it thoroughly.

yuusen
24th January 2004, 07:23 PM

'AFAICT' ? what does that mean task?

I vaguely remember hitting an invisible wall that threw me violently down onto the track when try to jump to far off the major jump.

¥

Task
24th January 2004, 07:26 PM
As Far As I Can Tell.

yuusen
24th January 2004, 07:31 PM

¥

bigdave238
30th April 2004, 10:37 AM
I don't know if anyone has tried this, but if you swerve to the left just after going over the jump (not too far left or you get replaced quickly)... the ground suddenly seems to get a lot further away than usual. :o You can actually land in the bend after the straight, if you get it right. I haven't been able to use this to any advantage, since you receive quite a bump when you land, but I find still find it amusing. (doesn't take much, I'm sure) :D

Lance
30th April 2004, 02:28 PM
hi, BigDave. welcome.
you should post more. :)

bigdave238
30th April 2004, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome :D

I did have an old account a while back, but I'd long forgotten the password, so I have a new one now, and after losing game data due to a corrupted memory card, and then losing my scart cable at an overnight LAN party, I'm finally back to (attempt to) regain my position on the tables :)

I see Al's wiped everyone out in the PAL TT. pfft.. I was enjoying having some 1st place positions.. looks like I'll have to get my racing helmet back on :wink: *thinks* "is there any point? he'll just beat them again" hehe.

I noticed the 2097 tables are up.. hopefully you'll be seeing my name somewhere up there soon :wink:

http://www.geocities.com/davepegg2000/BigDave.gif

Lance
30th April 2004, 05:45 PM
what's your name on the PAL tables?

Task
30th April 2004, 11:23 PM
If memory serves, he's Big Dave Pegg from across the pond.

He's a good pilot who used to have some really good times up on the PAL tables, I'm not sure what happened to them.

I remember him from last time he was around, which (and trust me, I'm truly enjoying the irony of saying _this_ to _Lance_) Was Before Your Time!

Have a look through the history and you'll see him around. I hope he manages to get some serious flight time in and becomes a regular member here, I'm sure there are many who could benefit from his advice. I figure he could keep up with Al, from what I know of his skill he's that good.

Lance
1st May 2004, 12:40 AM
lol

i remember seeing some of Dave Pegg's old times, but i was never here back in the ancient days when he was active. ;)

bigdave238
1st May 2004, 10:57 AM
that's me :D

yesss. it's been a while since I updated my times, but hopefully you'll be seeing more of me as of now.
I noticed a lot of my times have slipped a few positions. I always enjoy some real competition 8)

Black Funkster
15th June 2004, 09:50 AM
You know how normally if you fly off the track, that little ship comes and puts you right back on it, yeh? Well once, i was flying Terminal in a Piranha, and just as I was reaching the end :lol: (I was on the far left of the track, right next to the wall), two rockets got me :x , and sent me up at the last split-second. Normally this wouldn't have meant anything.......except that when the replay screen was up, my craft wasn't on the track! :o It was literally flying in the greyspace, and the camera was still zipping around it and stuff......except no track, and no fellow racers, except far, FAR below my ship, two tailstreams told me where they were. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Lance
15th June 2004, 05:30 PM
woah. i have nEver seen anything like that. i'd like to, though. :)

G'Kyl
15th June 2004, 05:47 PM
This happens when you try playing Wipeout under the influence of mind-meddling substances!! *lifts finger* Greyish screen, contrails in the background and explosions everywhere, tststs...
;)
scnr