PDA

View Full Version : Time mistake [resolved]

Vasudeva
20th June 2003, 03:33 PM
Greetings,

While I was updating my RR and TT records for Stanza Inter SE and RR Phentia Park SE, I noticed one Barrie Dege who appearently made a mistake (vector class): his lap and race record are in the wrong tables.

Peace,
V.

lunar
20th June 2003, 03:58 PM
I noticed Barrie`s mistake a while ago.

been racing Phentia Park have you? Yikes!

I`ll go and take a peek.....

very impressive 8)

zargz
20th June 2003, 11:56 PM
alot of new pilots do that misstake, I did it too.
y ppl do it? ez :

in the game the times r viewed - 1st best race then best lap
in the update page - 1st best lap then best race.
that's it. ( '_')
after a while u get used to it thou. ( -_-)

V : man, u time @SR, rapier, altima is a real pain ! (>_<")
oh, and .. RR - ringle race ? (^o^)

V+lunar : guys, u r fOrcing me in to rapier !! o(^_^)_| ยค )) (o_ _)o

(yet another jap smiley fr zargz - that's u kickin me & I falling!) ^^

Vasudeva
21st June 2003, 09:10 AM
RR = Race Record :).

Happy racing,
V.

zargz
21st June 2003, 11:18 AM
I gotta admit - while icaras / venom is totaly cool to steer
icaras / rapier otoh is kinda on the verge of been out of control ! ('_ ' ; )
4me that is .. ( _ _)
4the time beeng i hope (* ^_^ *)

Lance
21st June 2003, 03:42 PM
there is much fun to be had with a phantom grade Icaras, too :D

Vasudeva
21st June 2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah, like I always said, Icaras is the best! The only gripe I have about it is that it's pink. And I don't like pink, for some reason. Or at least not as a main colour. Black would have been cooler, imho.

Peace!
V.

Lance
21st June 2003, 07:48 PM
well, you only get real pink on the vertical surfaces of the tail, and even that is subdued. except in prototype of course. and it has that nice orange diagonal stripe on the fuselage. i like it. black would show no detail and not allow you to really see the great sleek shape. i generally don't like violet and pastel purple and orchid except on flowers, but whatever that Icaras colour is, it does not offend me on a racecraft as those other colours would. i even have come to like it

Vasudeva
21st June 2003, 08:35 PM
lol, well, it doesn't *offend* me! Yes, you're right, there's some orange in there, too. Still I think black (or perhaps black and white?) would have been better colour schemes. But then again, we might perpetually disagree on this matter of taste.

Peace,
V.

xEik
22nd June 2003, 01:27 AM
New and varied colour schemes as a bonus for achieving something would have been a good idea. Like in those fighting games where you get several outfits for the same fighter after completing the game in some level of difficulty.

infoxicated
24th June 2003, 08:33 AM
Greetings,

While I was updating my RR and TT records for Stanza Inter SE and RR Phentia Park SE, I noticed one Barrie Dege who appearently made a mistake (vector class): his lap and race record are in the wrong tables.

Peace,
V.

I cant find this one at all, sorry.

From your post above I had to look through the database for Race Records and Time Trial Records in Special Edition tracks and then Special Edition Classic tracks, just because you didn't narrow it down. It is kinda time consuming, so if you could just say Manortop, Single Race, Vector, Joe Bloggs then that helps me track it down better in what is a very confusing system. :)

xEik
24th June 2003, 09:08 AM
I think he is referring to Phenitia Park, Single Race, Vector, Barrie Dedge.

His records are reversed. Lap for race and viceversa.

Zargz is right, though. I never understood why the Lap and Race records order is the opposite in WipeoutZone forms. Maybe some WPA legacy?

infoxicated
24th June 2003, 01:09 PM
What do you mean by reversed?

xEik
24th June 2003, 01:35 PM
He has a race time of 1:04.88 and a lap time of 2:19.92. He took one for the other.

infoxicated
24th June 2003, 03:44 PM
I meant "what do you mean by reversed in Wipeoutzone forms" but I think I understand you now... :)

xEik
24th June 2003, 04:39 PM
Oh, that. In my opinion, WipeoutZone layout in the form for entering records should mimic the layout when viewing records on your PSX.